PDA

View Full Version : Help me make a background for my character. (PF)

EvilJames
2013-10-30, 04:00 PM
I've been playing a pathfinder rise of the Runelords game and I want to flesh out my character's background a bit more, but I don't know much about the world. So I've come here for advice.

What I have so far:
I'm playing a Half orc Summoner who views his Eidelon as his orcish rage and fury manifesting itself in order to help him keep that aspect of himself in check. Basically when the Eidelon is out he is calm, reserved and introspective; when the Eidelon is dismissed he is much more savage and quick to anger, especially if the eidelon was banished with violence.

He's not from around Sandpoint, he grew up in an orphanage in a big city, but I need a good city for him to come from. He was very aggressive as a youth and knows nothing of his parents and at this point he doesn't care. He has the traits Brute and Scholar of the Ancients (we were in a hurry to make the characters so I just kind of picked these without much thought and now I need to make em fit) So far I'm thinking he was an enforcer for the local Mob/thieves guild equivalent, and his group specialized in black market smuggling of ancient artifacts particularly Thesselonian artifacts.
Eventually things went south and he decided to leave that life behind. Soon after he learned to summon his eidelon. he's not really on the run or anything like that, but he is trying to change his ways and amend for his past.

Does that all work? Would there be a black market for that kind of thing? What would be a good large city for a half orc to have grown up in?

*Sigh* nobody? Really? Ignored again. This place just isn't very good for roleplaying suggestions, just mechanics questions.