PDA

View Full Version : Anthropomorphic Murder of Crows?

Ruethgar
2013-10-30, 04:42 PM
I am having a hard time coming up with what this would look like. Would it just be a regular murder that flies in a humanoid shape? Would each crow be anthropomorphic? Would they meld into something that could still manage the swarm attack?

ArqArturo
2013-10-30, 04:48 PM
I imagine a regular murder of crows with a hivemind, that fuses into an unnatural dark-skinned humanoid with glowing orange eyes with no hair, fingers ending in short claws, and has a mischievous personality.

Chronos
2013-10-30, 04:53 PM
Why do you assume it would exist at all? The answer to that question would probably provide guidance on what it would look like.

Ruethgar
2013-10-30, 05:02 PM
Why do you assume it would exist at all? The answer to that question would probably provide guidance on what it would look like.
Anthropomorphic is a template able to be applied to any animal. A murder of crows is an animal and thus eligible.

I imagine a regular murder of crows with a hivemind, that fuses into an unnatural dark-skinned humanoid with glowing orange eyes with no hair, fingers ending in short claws, and has a mischievous personality.
But then how would it be able to use its swarm attack if it has fused into one being? Even if you don't accept the swarm attack as natural and thus included by the template, the template only modifies the type, not the subtype so it would keep swarm and all that comes with it(attack included).

eggynack
2013-10-30, 05:08 PM
But then how would it be able to use its swarm attack if it has fused into one being? Even if you don't accept the swarm attack as natural and thus included by the template, the template only modifies the type, not the subtype so it would keep swarm and all that comes with it(attack included).
Maybe it only takes on the appearance of being fused. Like, they're a murder of crows that take that general shape, but they can spread out enough that they get the swarm attack. Alternatively, just because something has a swarm attack, that doesn't mean they can use it. So, if the murder of crows can manage to stand in the same square as the enemy, they get their swarm attack off. It's probably going to require some size reduction, but it is what it is.