Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-04, 03:29 PM
Bronsk
The young healer glances towards Lisaa. "What was with him?"

Amiria
2007-03-04, 05:24 PM
Lisaa

"A curious fellow. I think he also glanced into the mirror ... and was disturbed by what he saw. I wonder ... hmm, I'm beginning to see werewolves everywhere." Lisaa looks to the door. "Should we follow that guy or should we ask grandpa ?"

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-04, 05:26 PM
Bronsk
The young healer hesitates for a moment.
"Hyu should follow, maybe. I'll talk to the curator."

Amiria
2007-03-04, 06:29 PM
Lisaa

"Hmm, I rather stay with you. I don't know this city and we could lose each other here. And I realy don't know what to tell this guy if he asks me why I follow him."

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-04, 08:30 PM
Bronsk
He sighs. "Hyu are right, of course. Now, these artifacts;" Bronsk glances from side to side, conspiratorially. "The mirror is magical enough. The others as well, yes. I think we should talk to Mia. She should be able to request the coin at least to study." He nods to himself, brushing his shaggy brown hair out of his eyes. "What else?"

Amiria
2007-03-05, 05:23 PM
Lisaa

The elf nods. "Yes, I hope tha Mia can help us here. Do you still want to talk to grandpa ? We could also try to find this young stranger. He could still be nearby."

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-05, 05:32 PM
Bronsk
The young Miklaagardian seems uneasy with the idea, but he nods slowly.
"Maybe hyu are right. We can come back later, and I am curious about this man."
So saying, Bronsk walks from the museum and glances either way down the street.

Amiria
2007-03-05, 05:45 PM
Lisaa

Lisaa darts out of the museum and looks out for the man. "Do you think he could be one of us ? Mia talked a lot about events being interrelated and so on. Maybe some power draws us together ... or to places important to us or Michelle Ami ..."

Maryring
2007-03-05, 05:52 PM
Outside, they see that the streets are completely deserted, which both can't help but feel is a bit odd. Suddenly, they both hear a seemingly distant voice shout something. At first, both fail to comprehend what the voice is calling, but the second time, Lisaa hears that it is the voice of a girl, calling for help. She locates the sound to come from quite some way further down the street, probably in one of the alleys closer to the darker portion of the city.

Amiria
2007-03-05, 06:06 PM
Lisaa

"There ! Someone needs our help !", she shouts and runs down the street to the entrance of the alley.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-05, 06:08 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk is hot on her heels, his hand already darting to the pouch on his oddly-bulky belt which holds a roll of bandages and tools central to the healer's trade.

Maryring
2007-03-06, 05:43 AM
The two of them dash towards the alley where they heard the sound from. When they arrive, they find noone there, except two men standing on the opposite side of the alley. Lisaa identifies one of them as the man from the museum.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-06, 06:36 AM
The young man looks around, he seems to be... sniffing.
Where did that sound come from?

Maryring
2007-03-06, 10:20 AM
Among all the usual scents in the city, Karl also detects a peculiar scent he cannot remember. The smell is barely noticeable though, since it is mixed with the stench from a nearby sewer entrance.

paddyfool
2007-03-06, 10:23 AM
Tyrgen
Over here. Some... reptile went down this way.

Having glanced at the others and seen no immediate threat, Tyrgen is moving quickly to look at a nearby sewer grate.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-06, 10:35 AM
Bronsk
The young man skids to a halt near the two new men, a roll of white gauze in his hand and a concerned look on his face.
"We heard the cry. What's happening? Who needs help?"

Maryring
2007-03-06, 10:41 AM
Tyrgen finds the entrance into the sewers. Unfortunately, whatever moved down there was quick. He can't see any trace of it in the darkness. Only hear the sound of steps rapidly disappearing.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-06, 11:01 AM
I don't know what's going on, I just heard a scream.
He runs over to the sewer opening, next to the other man, and looks in at the darkness. The attacker must have gone through here, but it's too dark... wait a moment.
The young man stretches out his arms, holding his dagger above his head and chants. A pale light bursts from the dagger, illuminating the night. With this, we can follow and rescue the victim.

paddyfool
2007-03-06, 11:07 AM
Tyrgen

Someone may still need help... Felis would have left them, but my father would not.

The second stranger takes two steps into the dark sewer entrance, then stops. You see a glaive and a bow hanging from two straps across his back before he turns and looks at you with wary, yellow-green eyes, saying to the other two:

Get out of here.

EDIT: dropped redundant request for light (synch-posting)

Ozzy_G
2007-03-06, 11:10 AM
What? The young man looks at you with shocked suspicion. You're going to pay us to leave? Why? Maybe you're part of a group that kidnapped some innocent woman? His eyes grow wide and he glances worriedly at the other two.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-06, 11:12 AM
Bronsk
The young Miklagaardian wrinkles his nose at the smell, putting the gauze back into one of the many pockets on his bulky belt. "Er. If someone's captured, I can help;" He taps the patch on his sleeve which identifies himself as a professional healer and herbalist "We're wasting time! Let's go!"

paddyfool
2007-03-06, 11:27 AM
Tyrgen
I tried...

If you insist.

The laconic young man turns again and hurries towards where he heard the sound of retreating steps, pulling out his glaive as he does so in a smooth, practiced motion.

I get there first, maybe no-one else gets hurt.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-06, 11:30 AM
Bronsk
After a moment's hesitation, Bronsk retrieves the handaxe from his belt, its notched blade looking inconsequential in comparison. A thought seems to strike him "Ah, my name's Bronsk, by the way..."

Maryring
2007-03-06, 11:31 AM
Tyrgen climbs down the stairs, however the sewers are quite dark. Too dark for him to navigate properly on his own.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-06, 12:05 PM
Uh, hello, I'm Karl. I think I saw you earlier, at that little museum. Your accent... are you from Miklagard? I've just sailed here from there.

As he speaks, Karl runs after the other man. Wait, you need my light! he says when he catches up to him.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-06, 12:31 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk hurries after Karl. "Yes, from Miklagaard. The streets; did hyu notice? They were empty!" He shakes his head and glances nervously from side to side. "That'z not usual for a capitol, maybe."

Ozzy_G
2007-03-06, 01:05 PM
I dunno know, I've only been here a few days. When he gets to the steps, he holds out his light so he can see, and walks carefully down.

Amiria
2007-03-06, 01:11 PM
Lisaa

The elf draws the bow from her back. "I won't leave now. We also heard the scream." She quickly follows the men down into the sewers.

Maryring
2007-03-06, 02:36 PM
The light allows the group to maneuver the sewers. They are forced to follow the sound of the footsteps, however, no matter how quick they run, they just become dimmer and dimmer. Eventually they are too faint for them to be able to dechiper where the sound comes from. Just to make matters worse, the light on Karl daggers slowly begins to diminish, showing that there isn't much time left before the spell will end. Just as the feeling of hopelessness is about to set in, they all notice an eerie, otherwordly glow appear in one of the tunnels further ahead. Bronsk notices that the glow is similiar to the glow he saw earlier in the museum.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-06, 02:48 PM
Bronsk
Thinking quickly, Bronsk speaks. "We're losing them, but I may help; I am spirit shaman, and the spirits grant me power. I can become a wolf and seek them by scent. If someone would carry my things?" Hope they bought that. With that thought, Bronsk concentrates. With an audible crackle of muscle and bone, Bronsk shudders and hunches over, the muscles on his face flowing like lumpy paint and sprouting thick gray hair. After a moment, a gray wolf with bright yellow eyes stands where once stood Bronsk, draped incongruously in the long-sleeved shirt and pants. A quick shake and the wolf stands, the bulky belt yet clasped about its waist.
Trying to ignore the overpowering scent of sewer, Bronsk tries to track the scent of anyone else passing through the sewer recently.

Amiria
2007-03-06, 03:12 PM
Lisaa

Lisaa buys Bronsk's explanation as if it was the most normal thing in the world. "Yonder is some strange light, let's see what we can find there ... carefully." She draws her shortsword - with her bow still in her left hand - and walks towards the glow.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-06, 03:33 PM
Karl peers at the wolf oddly. Impressive shaman powers... He picks up Bronsk's things and puts them in his backpack. He follows the wolf towards the strange light.

Maryring
2007-03-06, 04:19 PM
As they get closer, the light begins to fade, and when they get to the crossroads they saw the light from, it has already disappeared into another tunnel, as if it is trying to draw their attention.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-06, 04:20 PM
Bronsk
The gray wolf advances cautiously, smelling the air to detect recent traffic through the sewer:

OOC: Survival to track via scent: 1d20+15 roll=15, Total 30

Maryring
2007-03-06, 04:44 PM
Though the stench from the sewers are quite painful to his nose, Bronsk manages to detect the trail from a creature he is unable to identify, and a human. The trail seems to go in the same direction as the otherworldly glow.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-06, 04:46 PM
Bronsk
In wolf form, Bronsk seems much more intense and focused (insofar as it's possible to tell, with wolves.) With a glance at the others, Bronsk pads down the glowing tunnel.

Amiria
2007-03-06, 05:03 PM
Lisaa

"'Tis strange, the light seems to lure us deeper in to the sewers. We should'n let this happen, let's go faster. But be on your guard." Lisaa quickens her steps and follows the light fleet-footed.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-06, 05:07 PM
True, we should be on our guard, whispers Karl. This could be a trap... why did whoever screamed earlier stop? Are they unconscious, or was it a ploy to lure us in?

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-06, 05:12 PM
Bronsk
Padding down the hallway, Bronsk peers through the golden haze that lingers over his vision.
It's never been an issue until now, but communication with humanoids is problematic in this form...
Yes...We'll work something out. Er. Once I find a place to get dressed.

Maryring
2007-03-06, 05:39 PM
The light keeps on floating, the source always just outside view, always following the trail of scent. Eventually, the light fades, and is replaced by the sound of footsteps again. This time however, the footsteps doesn't sound hurried. Rather, it sounds as if there is someone pacing back and forth. The light from Karl's knife is almost gone now. It will probably not last more than a two more minutes. Estimating from the scent and the sound, Bronsk would guess that the one making the footsteps are about 100 feet away.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-06, 05:48 PM
Bronsk
The wolf pauses for a moment and trots in front of his newfound companions and turns, blocking their path. He stares at them with yellow eyes for a moment, and then begins moving stealthily down the tunnel, keen eyes making the most of the low light.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-06, 05:52 PM
Karl turns to Lisaa, and whispers You know him right? Did that mean he wants us to wait, or follow him?

Amiria
2007-03-06, 06:47 PM
Lisaa

"I'm not sure, he never changed into a wolf before. I think he wants to scout for us. But I'll follow him, I can still see things in this little light. I don't want to leave him alone there. Follow me if you think that you are as silent as an elf." Lisaa moves stealthily towards the sound of the footsteps.

((Hide: 1d20+12 = 23; Move Silently 1d20+12 = 20))

Ozzy_G
2007-03-06, 07:01 PM
Karl follows carefully...

(Hide [roll0], Move Silently [roll1])

paddyfool
2007-03-06, 11:57 PM
Tyrgen

I must talk to him later, Tyrgen thinks, as he watches the wolf Bronsk. He is happy to lapse into silence and to yield the lead position to the wolf, and feels slightly reassured by the cautious attitude of his newfound companions. Concerned about the unknown nature of the threat faced, he takes the hindmost position to guard against ambush, following as quietly as he is able in human form and silently cursing the faint clinking of his chain shirt.

(Hide: (d20+4); Move silently(d20+4))

Hide: 1d20+4=23; Move silently: 1d20+4=16.

Maryring
2007-03-07, 04:45 PM
"Now?" A deep voice says in a low voice from the area of the footsteps.

The group carefully sneaks closer to the footsteps. They arrive at the crossroads nearest it, and peek around the corner.

"Not yet no. It still isn't late enough."

There, in the faint illumination from the open sewer grate above them, they spot two creatures. One is the female lady who left the museum while Bronsk and Lisaa were visiting. She was the one who just spoke.

"But why do we have to wait so long?"

The other is a tall creature, resembling a cross between a human and a lizard. Lisaa identifies it as a male Lizardfolk.

"Because it would do you no good to get captured mere hours after your escape. We have to maintain a low profile, so that they don't find you or suspect me. Besides, I'm going to need your help."

The two doesn't notice the groups approach.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-07, 05:29 PM
Karl crouches against the wall, listening.

Maryring
2007-03-07, 06:00 PM
"My help? With what?" The creature asks.

"Oh, nothing much. I'll tell you when the time is right." She finishes, and they both fade into silence again.

paddyfool
2007-03-08, 03:16 AM
Tyrgen watches and listens in confusion, primarily staring at the unfamiliar shape of the lizardfolk individual, although as a conditioned reflex he tries to see if the two are carrying any obvious weaponry.

(Spot: [roll0])

Maryring
2007-03-08, 06:36 AM
Tyrgen spots that the lizardcreature is carrying a makeshift club. He doesn't spot any weapons on the woman though.

"When is the time right then?" The lizard suddenly asks.

"Tonight. If we go out in daylight, you're sure to be spotted." The woman replies with a sigh of resignation.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-08, 09:32 AM
Bronsk
hmmm. A renegade.
He tests the air once again, trying to detect any further denizens of the sewer.

Maryring
2007-03-08, 04:02 PM
The only other denizens Bronsk can find from scent is that of various vermin and rodents which call the filthy surroundings home.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-08, 04:03 PM
Bronsk
the wolf glances at the others with yellow lamp-like eyes, and returns his gaze to the lizardfolk and the lady from the museum, watching them carefully to see what they do next.

Maryring
2007-03-08, 04:06 PM
The two seem completely oblivious to the presence of others there, and seem to be fully focused on waiting for the sun to set.

Amiria
2007-03-08, 05:15 PM
Lisaa

"What do you think ? Was she the one who screamed ? She doesn't seem to be endangered by this lizardman. Should we take them to task ? They might react hostile ...", whispers Ayrin close to her two new companions.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-08, 05:36 PM
Something's definately going on, whispers Karl, but I don't know what. Sounds like they're up to something shifty...

paddyfool
2007-03-09, 12:23 AM
Tyrgen

Yes. Have you ever seen a creature like that before? Tyrgen whispers back, his eyes still on the Lizardman.

Amiria
2007-03-09, 06:36 PM
Lisaa

"A lizardman, they are no malign species. But they usually live far away from cities ... in small tribes in swamplands.", whispers Lisaa.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-09, 06:37 PM
What should we do? Wait, leave or attack?

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-09, 09:08 PM
Bronsk
The wolf rolls its eyes and runs his head into the back of Karl's legs, nudging him forward.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-09, 09:51 PM
Karl rolls his eyes. He steps forward, and shouts Pyra sheal zakrath! A blaze of fire spreads from his hands, encasing the woman and the lizardman. As he does so, his body ripples, hair growing out, and his face growing forward like a dog.

paddyfool
2007-03-10, 07:16 AM
Tyrgen
Cursing profanely at the rash outbreak of violence, Tyrgen steps out quickly to the front of the group. He raises his weapon high, ready to bring it down in a moment if necessary, and shouts "Surrender, or be cut down!"

Amiria
2007-03-10, 05:12 PM
Lisaa

Lisaa stares aghast at the attack and jumps in Karl's way. "Hold, stop this violence !"

Maryring
2007-03-10, 06:21 PM
The lady jumps into the wall and uses the momentum to jump over the flames, thus avoiding any harm except for a few burnt hairs. The lizardcreature however, doesn't manage to react quickly enough and takes the full effect of the flame. The appearance of a werewolf and his companions seems to scare the lady, and she makes a hasty retreat in order to put distance between herself and the attackers. The lizardman however, steps forward, ready to swing his club into Karl.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-10, 06:25 PM
Bronsk
The wolf's ears flatten against its head as the violence erupts around him. Trusting Lisaa to reason with the others, the wolf circles around, wedging itself between the werewolf and the lizardman, glancing from one to the other with teeth bared, menacingly.

Amiria
2007-03-10, 07:31 PM
Lisaa

((Inititiative: 1d20+5 = 16))

"I said hold it !" shouts Lisaa at the were-Karl. To put emphasis to her words she stays right in front of him and changes into hybrid form. Hair sprouts on her body, her face changes into a half-wolf visage and her hands grow claws.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-10, 07:48 PM
Karl steps back in shock, his face warping back to human, his hair receding, his claws sliding back into his hands.
Then he steps past Amira.
That's to show you our power. Now, put up your hands and get on your knees!

Maryring
2007-03-11, 04:50 AM
Realizing that he is outnumbered and facing creatures far powerful than normal human beings, the Lizardfolk resigns and gets down on his knees with a hostile growl. The lady however, begins to run away as quickly as she can.

paddyfool
2007-03-11, 05:54 AM
Tyrgen
Stop her! Tyrgen shouts to the wolf Bronsk. He glances at the others around him, uncertain whether he should change as well, but the ingrained habit of keeping his nature a secret prevails for the moment, and he simply moves to stand guard over the prone Lizardman, holding his Glaive ready to pound the creature's head with the flat of the blade in case the creature tries anything.

(Readies non-lethal attack on Lizardman)

Ozzy_G
2007-03-11, 07:46 AM
Karl just squats down and waits.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-11, 08:27 AM
Bronsk
The yellow-eyed wolf glares at Tyrgen and Karl, but glances at Lisaa with a look of sadness in his eyes before setting off at a lope to catch up with the lady, tongue lolling as he moves.

Maryring
2007-03-11, 10:22 AM
The woman is running swiftly and unsteadily, as if she is caught by panic. However, Bronsk is quicker and gets closer to her with each step he takes. The woman dives in on a different tunnel, and Bronsk turns the corner... only to find a red and purple wand pointed at him. The woman swiftly swings the wand down towards him and utters a desperate "stay". Bronsk feels magic flow out from the wand and into him.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-11, 10:44 AM
Bronsk
Stiffening suddenly, the wolf stands immobile.
The irony of this is not lost on me.

Maryring
2007-03-11, 10:49 AM
A look of relief flashes across the lady's eyes as she pockets the wand again and runs away from Bronsk towards a nearby exit. Before the magic even has a chance to wear off, she has gotten out of the sewers and back to the surface.

paddyfool
2007-03-11, 11:04 AM
Tyrgen swears again. He looks a little lost, and turns to Lisaa. Can you help him?, he asks, nodding at Bronsk, before snarling You stay still! And you! at the Lizardman and Karl.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-11, 11:09 AM
Bronsk
Gathering internal force, the wolf concentrates and breaks free of the enchantment like a dog shaking off water. With a bound, it begins sniffing around the ground where the lady has stood...
but with a droop of the head, it turns and pads back to the assembled group, and past them, to around a corner. There's a brief organic noise and a bit of shuffling around accompanied by quiet swearing in Nord. after a few seconds, Bronsk rounds the corner, tying up a pair of trousers and fumbling with a shirt.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-11, 01:35 PM
Karl smiles darkly at the lizard, seemingly oblivious to the anger of the others.
So it seems your escape didn't go as well as you thought it would, eh?

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-11, 01:49 PM
Bronsk
still swearing underneath his breath in Nord, Bronsk pushes his way through the group, his hands reaching into one of the pouches at his belt and retrieving a small stoppered flask and a roll of gauze.
"Excuse me, friend. Let me see to your burns." Bronsk gestures to the patch on his sleeve in the shape of a cross with a green leaf: the sign of a healer and herbalist.
Hoping this will go some way towards apology, Bronsk will dress the creature's burns with a cooling salve and gauze.
[roll0]
As a finishing touch, Bronsk concentrates. Channeling the power of the nurturing spirits, Bronsk casts a spell designed to cure minor wounds.
(+3hp restored)

Maryring
2007-03-11, 02:06 PM
The creature flashes a slightly mocking grin when he realizes that the Lady got away. He then stares oddly at Bronsk who tends to his burns. The mixture of tender care and simple curative magic eases the pain and heals parts of the burnt flesh, yet the Lizardcreature still growls towards Karl. "Who are you, and how did you find me so fast?"

Ozzy_G
2007-03-11, 02:10 PM
Who I am is not important. Know only that I'm a powerful sorcerer... and that's how I found you so fast. As soon as you entered the sewers I knew. Karl reciprocates his mocking smile. Did you really think you could slip away so easily? The important thing is you're not escaping anymore, you're going back.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-11, 02:15 PM
Bronsk
Straightening up from his work, Bronsk stares at Karl. "Hyu know thiz man? Then who screamed?"

Ozzy_G
2007-03-11, 02:20 PM
Man? Karl looks at the creature. Well I suppose he is male. Yes I know of him. I'm just here to bring him back, can't have him escaping like this.

Maryring
2007-03-11, 02:21 PM
"NO." You can see fear shining in his eyes. "You can't bring me back. I won't allow you. I'll rather die than return. You can't. I won't allow you."

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-11, 02:23 PM
Bronsk
The young Miklagardian looks a little nervous. Everything seemed to be spinning out of control.
"Back where? Where return you him to?"

Maryring
2007-03-11, 02:45 PM
The lizardman throws a distraught look at Bronsk. "Back to the Circus. I won't go back there. I won't let me be reduced to an object of entertainment ever again."

Ozzy_G
2007-03-11, 04:27 PM
The circus? Karl raises an eyebrow. Don't lie to us, that's not where you are from.

Maryring
2007-03-11, 06:01 PM
He growls. "Of course not. I'm from the grand lakes to the far south. You think I am here willingly?"

Ozzy_G
2007-03-11, 06:32 PM
Karl sighs. No, I mean where you really escaped from. He stands up. Not that it matters, I know where you are really from. Your lies won't help you escape.

paddyfool
2007-03-12, 12:36 AM
Tyrgen

Told you not to move, Tyrgen mutters at Karl, and adjusts the position of his glaive slightly. So, where do you say he escaped from?

Ozzy_G
2007-03-12, 05:23 AM
Karl carries on looking at the Lizardman. Well go on, tell them.

Maryring
2007-03-12, 05:41 AM
The creature growls. "I've already told you."

Ozzy_G
2007-03-12, 05:47 AM
Karl pauses... he scratches his stubbly chin. He looks slightly worried. Who was that woman then?

Amiria
2007-03-12, 05:50 AM
Lisaa

Lisaa sheates her shortsword and changes back into elf form. She listens confused to the conversation while she dons her stockings and boots again. "What is his crime ?, she asks Karl directly.

Maryring
2007-03-12, 05:53 AM
"I don't know. We met while I was still a prisoner, and she helped me escape."

Ozzy_G
2007-03-12, 05:56 AM
Karl looks rather embaressed. Actually, I, um... I think I may have mistaken this Lizardman for someone else.

Amiria
2007-03-12, 06:24 AM
Lisaa

"What ? Mistaken ? For another Lizardman, I hope.", says Lisaa - still looking perplexed - and turns to the Lizardman. "My apologies, we heard someone scream up in the town. And the track led to an entrance to the sewers. Was it this lady who screamed ?"

Maryring
2007-03-12, 06:37 AM
"Yes. It was her." The lizardman says, perplexed by this turn of events.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-12, 06:38 AM
Wait, says Karl suspiciously, if she was rescuing you, why would she scream on seeing you?

Maryring
2007-03-12, 06:51 AM
"It wasn't me. She cleansed the streets for people, so that she could bring me to the sewers, but somehow one of those who worked in the circus found us. He saw her help me down into the sewers. She was originally going to stay behind on the surface and come for me later, you see. But he noticed her and grabbed her, and tried to force her into admitting setting me free. That was when she cried for help. So I came back and got rid of the man for her, and she found it to be best if she followed me into the sewers, in case someone else had heard her shout. Which you did."

Ozzy_G
2007-03-12, 07:03 AM
Karl scratches his chin again, deep in thought.

paddyfool
2007-03-12, 10:44 AM
Tyrgen

The loud young man starts to relax, and is able to think some calm thoughts for the first time. He rests the base of his glaive by his right hand side, releasing his left hand from the shaft, and glances about as he considers the others. He seems interested in them now, rather than threatened. In a more normal tone of voice, he asks the runaway:

Did you kill the man? I saw no body...

Maryring
2007-03-12, 11:59 AM
"Yes. I killed the man." He says, putting extra emphasis on I.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-12, 12:02 PM
Karl stands and paces around.
Look, I think I've made a big mistake here.
He turns back to the lizard. I'm really sorry about attacking you like that. How about I make it up to you by helping you escape the town?
He seems unphased that the lizard just admitted to murdering a man.

Maryring
2007-03-12, 12:53 PM
He nods. "Yes. That would be nice. I don't care for what happened, as long as I can get as far away from this place as possible."

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-12, 02:00 PM
Bronsk
The healer looks uncomfortable at the subject of killing so easily broached.
spirits guide me...who are these men?

Ozzy_G
2007-03-12, 04:22 PM
Alright then. Karl turns to the others. Do any of you know if the sewers extend outside the city? We could follow an outflow or something, maybe to a river outside?

Amiria
2007-03-12, 05:26 PM
Lisaa

"Sorry, but I don't know. Bronsk and me just arrived in the capital", says the elf. "It would be a good way to leave the city unsen though"

paddyfool
2007-03-13, 12:53 AM
Tyrgen

A fugitive, because of what he is... I know what that's like. And this gives me a chance to find out more about these other werewolves.

I also would like to help this man, but I have no idea where the sewers come out. I'm not from the city either. Perhaps we could find a way out if we all looked together. Or perhaps... somebody could buy a large cloak to hide this man, and we could walk out through the streets after dark?

Ozzy_G
2007-03-13, 07:34 AM
Karl smiles wryly. Well, I'm afraid I'm not from here either. He turns to the Lizard. And I'm guessing that woman was going to take you out of the city at night, out the top. I'm just worried that there's too much risk of your former owners finding you that way. Hmmm...

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-13, 09:20 AM
Bronsk
The young healer looks at Lisaa askance.
"I don't mind helping, but we should let Sir Reginald at least know that we're around; I can go back and talk to him...and find a cloak maybe."

Ozzy_G
2007-03-13, 09:23 AM
Karl raises an eyebrow. Sir Reginald? You have connections with a local noble? Could you use that to help this Lizardman? He turns back to the creature. Actually, I can't keep calling you Lizardman. What's your name?

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-13, 09:33 AM
Bronsk
Bronsk half-smiles and shakes his head.
"We only know him through someone else, and we still owe him a favor."

paddyfool
2007-03-13, 10:00 AM
Tyrgen

If I asked Felis for help, he could sort this out in no time... but it would be safer to keep him out of this for now; just as father told me never to tell others of my condition, this poor creature's whereabouts must be kept an equally close secret.

Go ahead, um... Bronks. But tell no-one about this. We don't want a lynch mob down here.

Maryring
2007-03-13, 10:29 AM
"My name? It is Treakher." The Lizardman responds.

paddyfool
2007-03-14, 12:22 AM
Mine is Tyrgen Lhass. That one is Bronks, and I don't yet know the lady's name. You know, you can get up now if you want to, says Tyrgen, slinging his glaive onto his back and holding out his hand.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-14, 12:12 PM
Bronsk
"Erm. That'z Bronsk," Bronsk says over his shoulder, as he begins walking back they way they had come, heading back to the wayfarer's guild.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-14, 12:34 PM
And mine is Karl. Tell me Treakher, what did you do with the body of the man you killed?

Maryring
2007-03-14, 02:11 PM
"Well, it... really isn't any of your concern. I'll tell you that it won't be found, but that's it." He replies. Obviously uncomfortable with the question.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-14, 02:45 PM
Pity, if I knew what he looks like I could impersonate him with my magic. He grins. In case you haven't realised, I'm a sorcerer, hence the burning and the transformation into a wolf-monster. He goes and leans against the wall. I suppose we'll just have to wait for Bronsk to get back then. So tell us, do you have any plans for getting home once you are out of the city?

Maryring
2007-03-14, 03:06 PM
"Well... no, not really. I was hoping to just travel as far south as possible. Trying to avoid civilization as much as possible. Once I get past the river, I'll know my way home... why do you ask?"

Ozzy_G
2007-03-14, 03:11 PM
Well, I just wanted to know how far we needed to get you.

Maryring
2007-03-14, 04:26 PM
"Only outside the town. From there on, I should be able to take care of myself."

Just as he finishes speaking. Bronsk returns, carrying a large green cloak.

Amiria
2007-03-14, 05:04 PM
Lisaa

"And I am Lisaa.", says the elf.

"Ah, there is Bronsk again. What did you tell Sir Reginald ?"

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-14, 06:35 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk trots up, and neatly tosses the cloak to the lizardman. "Here. I told him that we were doing some investigating. But! Bazztik and Sarah agreed to take over our task for us!"

Maryring
2007-03-15, 04:41 AM
The lizardman catches the cloak and swiftly dons it. The cloak covers most of his body, so that it becomes almost impossible to guess that he isn't a large human. "Thank you." He says as he stands up.

paddyfool
2007-03-15, 05:46 AM
Tyrgen
Tyrgen nods slowly, the ghost of a smile on his lips for the first time out of satisfaction in the disguise. It looks like we're about ready. I reckon we should leave as soon as it gets dark.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-15, 06:24 AM
I agree, says Karl, nodding. But we shouldn't leave the sewers the way we came. Maybe we can go the way that woman ran?

Maryring
2007-03-15, 07:10 AM
"I don't know. I have never been in the sewers before. I don't think we have to get up though. I mean, it has to exit somewhere, right?"

Ozzy_G
2007-03-15, 07:34 AM
Well, says Karl what I'd really like to do is follow the sewers to the outflow, and leave without having to get over the city walls. He looks around pensively. But I don't want to get lost in these confusing sewers, and there's no guarantee its big enough to let people through all the way. He grins wryly. I'd rather not wade through too much shi.t.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-15, 08:35 AM
Bronsk
The young nord scratches the stubble on his chin reflectively. "It'll be hard to get lost: I can retrace our footsteps as wolf." he makes a face "Not that iz pleasant."

Amiria
2007-03-15, 09:06 AM
Lisaa

"We should stay underground as long as possible. I don't fear getting lost here. I'm quite good with directions.", says Lisaa "Maybe we'll even find some signposts or something similar. You know, for canal workers or the like."

Maryring
2007-03-15, 11:43 AM
The lizard glances up towards the hole showing the heaven above. "Hmm... seems like it is getting late. I think I can see the moon rising."

paddyfool
2007-03-16, 05:29 AM
Tyrgen

Right, let's get going then. If we keep walking downstream, we should find an outlet eventually. Does anyone have a lamp?

Ozzy_G
2007-03-16, 06:50 AM
Karl chuckles. I don't need a lamp. He chants and holds up his hands, causing his knife to glow once more (this lasts 40 minutes).

paddyfool
2007-03-16, 09:21 AM
Tyrgen grunts a reluctant acknowledgement, and starts heading downstream, assuming the others will follow. As he walks, he pulls out his glaive again and uses the haft as a walking stick to avoid slipping in the mire. A frown creases his face, as he comes to terms with what has happened, and dwells on the nature and character of his new companions.

They seem trustworthy... even the sorcerer. Three other werewolves, this one previously unknown to the other two. I MUST talk to them... but best not to involve the lizard.

He glances back to look at the others, a troubled look on his face.

Maryring
2007-03-16, 12:22 PM
After about 25 minutes of walking, the group finds an exit for the sewers. The exit is nothing more than a dump right out in a nearby swamp just outside the city, but the exit is still big enough to serve as an exit for Treakher. He turns to those who followed him out. "Thank you for your help. This more than makes up for your little misunderstanding. If you ever visit the Grand Lakes, I'll make sure to remember you." Finally, he smiles, and with a wave he leaves out into the night, beginning his long journey home.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-16, 12:32 PM
Karl smiles wanly. Good luck!
He turns back to the others when the Lizard's gone. Well, we were lucky there. I thought we'd have to sneak over the walls, or lie our way through the guards.

Amiria
2007-03-16, 01:27 PM
Lisaa

"Farewell, may your journey be swift and safe.", says Lisaa and waves good bye. She turns to Bronsk. "We need a place to stay for the night. Sir Reginald or some inn ?"

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-16, 03:10 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk thinks a for a moment. "Uh. He was just closing up when I got there, so he's gone home already; we shouldn't disturb him. We could find an inn, I think."

Ozzy_G
2007-03-16, 10:41 PM
Now wait just a moment. Karl wags a finger in front of Lisaa. I want some answers first. You're not a sorcerer, yet you transformed, without magic words or gestures, into a wolf beast.

paddyfool
2007-03-17, 03:40 AM
Tyrgen
With a jerk of his head, Tyrgen turns to stare at Karl. I wasn't ready for this yet... perhaps it's good he's started it ... But sorcery? If he isn't truly a werewolf, can I trust him? His fists clench, then relax, and he waits to see how Lisaa reacts.

Amiria
2007-03-17, 05:10 AM
Lisaa

"How do you know that I'm not a sorceress ?", asks Lisaa mockingly. "Anway, I don't believe that you can change into a half-wolf because of sorcerous powers. Me, I'm a lycanthrope ... what's your excuse ?"

Ozzy_G
2007-03-17, 08:59 AM
Karl stands with his arms folded, looking down at Lisaa. I knew you were not a sorceress because, as I said, you didn't cast any spell. He looks at Bronsk. You transformed into a wolf. Are you a lycanthrope as well?

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-17, 09:11 AM
Bronsk
The young man hesitates, his eyes flickering from person to person.
"Uh. Yes." He seems about ready to bolt down the tunnel.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-17, 09:30 AM
Karl turns to Tyrgen. And what's your reaction to this, suddenly finding yourself with two strangers afflicted with the curse of the werewolf?

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-17, 10:10 AM
Bronsk
Bronsk looks at Karl with some measure of resentment in his eyes.
"It'z not a curse, hyu know. It iz power, pure and simple; hyu of all people should know, sorceror. Shall we call hyu dragon-blood a curse?"

Ozzy_G
2007-03-17, 10:43 AM
Karl raises one eyebrow. I have no dragon blood. When it comes to the ways of magic, it is best not to make assumptions. He turns back to Tyrgen. But I still want to know what you think.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-17, 10:58 AM
Bronsk
Still glaring, Bronsk answers hotly, his accent becoming thicker as he loses his temper.
"And hyu should not make assumptions about whether iz curse or not!"

Ozzy_G
2007-03-17, 11:19 AM
Karl snarls. Will you wait a moment! I want to hear what this man thinks first.

paddyfool
2007-03-18, 02:16 AM
Tyrgen
I think you can't help what you're born with. And - oh, Ah'khan's teeth, perhaps I'd better just show you. With that curse, Tyrgen changes into his hybrid form, and then back to human. You see?

Ozzy_G
2007-03-18, 07:17 AM
Karl blinks. And then starts to chuckle. His chuckles grow until he is laughing uproariously, tears dripping down his face. Eventually his laughter subsides, and he wipes his eyes. What's the chance of that? Four of us, all afflicted with this curse, and we just meet completely randomly. He turns back to Bronsk and Lisaa. Yeah, so when I said I transformed through sorcery, I lied. Hope you understand. He chuckles again.

Amiria
2007-03-18, 07:50 AM
Lisaa

"It is not a curse !", says Lisaa emphatically. "And we didn't meet by chance."

Ozzy_G
2007-03-18, 05:51 PM
Karl suddenly stops laughing. What do you mean, we didn't meet by chance?

Amiria
2007-03-18, 07:32 PM
Lisaa

"Well, this is not the first time within a few days that I meet lots of others of my kind at the same place. I fear that here is fate involved, maybe a god. It has something to do with Michelle Ami and the Ninjizuishou. I suppose you didn't know that Michelle Ami was a werewolf too ?"

Ozzy_G
2007-03-18, 07:46 PM
Michelle who?

Amiria
2007-03-18, 07:56 PM
Lisaa

"Michelle Amy ! Do you want to make fun of me ? I saw you in her museum just some hours ago."

Ozzy_G
2007-03-18, 08:12 PM
Oh, I see. I'm not very good at reading this language, it's not my native tongue. She was some sort of hero yes, something to do with werewolves? I didn't really understand the museum, I just was interested to look at all the items.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-18, 09:55 PM
Bronsk
For a moment, all the shaggy-haired healer does is gape.
Zounds! More lycanthropes...can they really be so common here?
Finally, he coughs. "I agree. I doubt it iz coincidence. Maybe we can get out of this sewer? Perhaps find some dinner, and we can explain?"

paddyfool
2007-03-19, 12:22 AM
Tyrgen
Good plan. And I wouldn't mind an explanation either. You're the first were... oh, it can wait until dinner. I know a quiet place back in town where we can talk privately... if you don't mind walking back through the sewer again. After that uncharacteristic outpouring of words, Tyrgen waits to see if the others approve his suggestion.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-19, 02:08 AM
Bronsk
Bronsk makes a face.
"Can we get a bath first? Walking on all fours in sewer...It'z not ideal."

Ozzy_G
2007-03-19, 07:27 AM
Walking in boots isn't ideal! Karl lifts up his boots, to show you the excrement pasted on them. But anyway, let's get out of the sewers and back to town first.

paddyfool
2007-03-19, 09:13 AM
Tyrgen
Right... it's just a quiet inn where I've been staying, a little way from the docks. They don't do baths, but you could get some soap and a bucket of water there, and a basic meal at most hours. If you know somewhere better... Tyrgen leaves the statement hanging.

(OOC: I'm afraid I'm ad-libbing stuff I should have cleared with Maryring first; it's just that this is the kind of place I feel Tyrgen would be staying).

Ozzy_G
2007-03-19, 10:13 AM
Karl shrugs. Sounds fine to me. What do you two think? he asks Lisaa and Bronsk.

Amiria
2007-03-19, 04:25 PM
Lisaa

"Sounds good. Well, at least for one night. Let's go then."

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-19, 08:14 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk nods carefully.

paddyfool
2007-03-20, 05:40 AM
Tyrgen
Very well. Follow me. Tyrgen starts heading back through the sewers to town. None of the other characters can see it, but there's a rare smile on his face. Other werewolves...

Ozzy_G
2007-03-20, 06:11 AM
Karl follows, deep in thought.

Maryring
2007-03-24, 04:43 PM
It doesn't take long for the group to get out of the sewers. The fresh air beats against t$hem as sweet as the sweetest rose, compared to the stench from the sewers. The moon is gently floating up in the night sky, filling all of them with a gentle feeling of peace and serenity, despite the excitement and tension that has arrived in the group. Tyrgen leads the group to the small inn he mentioned. It is still open, despite it being very late. However it is obvious that it has only stayed open for so long because of another guest who is currently sitting in a corner for him/herself. The owner looks up at the group, not saying anything immediately.

paddyfool
2007-03-25, 02:14 PM
Tyrgen

Tyrgen nods at the innkeeper politely as he enters. My friends need rooms, food, and water to wash with. Can you arrange that?

Maryring
2007-03-25, 03:01 PM
The barkeeper scans the group with a grunt. "If you've got the cash, yeah. HEY, SALLY." He shouts into what must be the kitchen. "We've got guests. Get out some bread and water for them, then prepare their rooms." He nods towards Tyrgen. "Your food will be along shortly. The price for it all will be two gold pieces and four silver pieces."

Ozzy_G
2007-03-25, 03:35 PM
Karl fishes out a gold piece. Here's my share.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-25, 05:09 PM
Bronsk
Sighing softly, Bronsk reaches for one of the pouches on his belt and draws out six silver pieces.

Amiria
2007-03-25, 06:32 PM
Lisaa

Lisaa draws a flat pouch from under her chain shirt and gives six silver pieces to the barkeeper.

paddyfool
2007-03-26, 09:22 AM
Tyrgen
Tyrgen forks over his six silver pieces as well, counting them out slowly with all-too-evident concentration. Wash first, then talk over dinner? he asks the others hesitantly.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-26, 09:30 AM
Bronsk
The young Miklagardian nods. "Yes." He sniffs the air. "Very yes."

Ozzy_G
2007-03-26, 12:02 PM
Karl sighs. Yeah, it's better not to smell of excrement when you're eating. Where are the baths?

Maryring
2007-03-26, 12:20 PM
"There is a washroom in the shed next door. Just don't mistaken it for the toilett." The barman replies. "There should be some soap and a bucket of water there."

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-26, 12:21 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk nods and then opens the door. He nods once more towards Lisaa.
"Ladies first?"

Amiria
2007-03-26, 06:56 PM
Lisaa

"Thanks. It shouldn't take too long. I mainly have to clean my boots.", says Lisaa with a smile and slips past Bronsk into the room. She closes the door and after 5 minutes she is back again with clean boots and a bit refreshed.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-26, 07:23 PM
Karl gestures for Bronsk to go in before him.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-27, 12:10 AM
Bronsk
Bronsk smiles faintly. "Sure? I will take time." He makes a face. "Smelled with a good nose, it clings that much more to me."

paddyfool
2007-03-28, 12:22 AM
Tyrgen
Yes, it does. But you should go first of us three, if only because you had the worst of it. I will go last. He says this last part with an air of finality.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-29, 04:52 PM
Bronsk
Some minutes later finds Bronsk stepping out of the washroom, a fresh if somewhat rumpled shirt on his back and a relieved smile on his face.
"That'z much better." giving a mock salute to Tyrgen and Karl, the young Nord takes a seat at one of the tables and waits for them.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-29, 04:54 PM
My turn. See you in a minute. He ducks into the bathroom.
Five minutes later he comes back out, very clean and having changed some of his clothes. Ah, it feels good to be this clean. Reminds me of home.

paddyfool
2007-03-30, 05:30 AM
Tyrgen
Tyrgen takes his turn at a 5 minute scrub-up, and rejoins the group in the bar. He nods to the others on his return, then picks a table in the furthest corner from the other customer and takes a seat facing into the room.

Maryring
2007-03-30, 08:24 AM
At around that time, the woman Sally arrives at the table with the food. The food isn't very impressive. Hard bread as the only food, and water to drink, but it is still enough to satisfy their hunger. Sally smiles briefly, giving her round face a motherly expression, before she places two keys on the table and turns to leave.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-30, 08:51 AM
Bronsk
I Shouldn't complain about bread and water two days in a row...but I could certainly go for some venison about now...
Between crispy mouthfuls of bread, Bronsk addresses the other lycanthropes.
"Hyu know, I think there's a reason we all are here. I said earlier that I am spirit-shaman, so I will tell you of a vision I had two nights ago."
He lowers his voice somewhat, trying to keep his voice from distinctly reaching Sally or the inkeeper.
"I met a powerful spirit. She called herself Angel of Hope, and she was beautiful." Bronsk smiles to himself at the memory.
"She told me that our kind faces a test, one linked to the old hero Michelle Ami. There are some things most do not know about her and the ninjinshi; Michelle was, erm." Bronsk hesitates "Like us." he finishes lamely. He continues, "Something lies sealed away in a cave far from here, sealed by keys once held by Ami and the others. The Angel told me that to open thiz door iz essential. Therefore, Lisaa and I have been researching Michelle Ami."

Ozzy_G
2007-03-30, 09:56 AM
Look, Karl interrupts. I'm not from here, I don't know anything about Michelle or the, uh, ninjinshi? I had a look at that museum because I'm interested in magic items, but I find it hard to read the local language, so I didn't learn much about her. Before the shocking revelations that only we know, can you tell me what everyone else knows about her?

paddyfool
2007-03-30, 10:19 AM
Tyrgen
Quite a story. Two nights ago, and now they meet me... the first other werewolves I've ever seen. Can it be true?

Tyrgen answers Karl shortly: "A hero, out of childhood stories. Lived a long time ago. There. You know as much as I do."
Then, turning back to Bronsk, he says:
"That's... some story. Um. You seem like good people... If I can help, I will. And I want to talk about the ... other thing ... too, but maybe later." With that, Tyrgen closes his uneven response, feeling tongue-tied.

The Great Skenardo
2007-03-30, 10:37 AM
Bronsk
Bronsk looks a little embarassed after Karl's interruption
"Sorry. Thiz is all new to me, too." He clears his throat of a few errant crumbs with a swig of lukewarm water. He takes a deep breath
"Okay...So Ami and the nijizuishou were...adventurers? Heroes, I guess. Together they built the door, and locked it with seven keys. Ami's key helps us find the others, so we searched there first. I think..." Bronsk pauses and scratches the stubble on his lean chin, " Those artifacts in the museum are important to thiz. Lisaa and me, we know a scholar who researches Ami, and would help us find out more about them. Also, Ami's real house still stands. We should go sometime. "

Amiria
2007-03-30, 04:57 PM
Lisaa

"Yes. You said that Baztikk and Sasha see about the artifacts in the museum ? Then we should probably go to Ami's old home tomorrow.", says Lisaa and looks at the food. "A meagre meal. Out in the wilds I could hunt and gather tastier things. But it is cheap and satiating."

paddyfool
2007-03-31, 02:43 AM
Tyrgen

"True. I don't like city food either, and sometimes miss hunting my own food too" But I won't go back to that life either. A grin that had briefly appeared on Tyrgen's face at the thought of better eating fades, then, more seriously, he resumes: "The plan sounds good to me. You know more about this than I do, and I'm willing to trust you. I hope the same is true for you."

Maryring
2007-03-31, 04:56 AM
The other guest in the bar looks curiously at the four of you, before it stands up and leaves the inn.

Ozzy_G
2007-03-31, 07:23 AM
Well, I'll help you, as long as we can get some money or stuff to sell. I don't have much left.

Amiria
2007-03-31, 04:30 PM
Lisaa

"I'm glad that you want to help us. Money could be a problem though. So far we haven't found anything of worth. We only found this door in the mountains that we can't open.", says Lisaa. "I don't know if Mia or the church of Iris can help us with funds."

Maryring
2007-04-01, 12:45 PM
The barman walks up to you briskly and interupts your conversation. "We're closing now." He says bluntly, obviously expecting you to take the hint.

The Great Skenardo
2007-04-01, 12:48 PM
Bronsk
Looking a little annoyed, Bronsk makes ready to go.

Ozzy_G
2007-04-01, 03:04 PM
Well, we can continue this conversation in our rooms.

Amiria
2007-04-01, 03:21 PM
Lisaa

"Mhm." Lisaa stands up to go to the rooms. "Two rooms ? Then I share a room with Bronsk."

The Great Skenardo
2007-04-01, 03:23 PM
Bronsk Siefsson
The young Nord stumbles as he rises, blushing red.
"Erm. I'll take the floor ov course," he says, his accent much thicker as he stumbles over the words, and hurries off to check on the arrangements.

Maryring
2007-04-01, 04:51 PM
The rooms are incredibly simple. They lack many things which could make the stay more comfortable, but at least there is a lockable door to the rooms. The room consist of one simple bed, and an "extra" bed, which is a blanket and a pillow on the floor. There is a window leading out that is currently open, but that can be closed by wooden shutters. Other than that, there is nothing in the room.

Ozzy_G
2007-04-01, 04:58 PM
Karl sighs. Well, at least it's cheap. So Tyrgen, toss a coin for the bed?

Amiria
2007-04-02, 01:19 PM
Lisaa

"So, do we want to continue our talk in one of the rooms or is it time for you to sleep ?", asks Lisaa.

Ozzy_G
2007-04-02, 01:56 PM
No, let's talk for a bit. Karl sits down on his bed. Come on everyone, in here.

The Great Skenardo
2007-04-02, 01:58 PM
Bronsk
Having regained his composure somewhat, Bronsk takes a seat on the floor, crossing his legs beneath himself.
"We were getting some odd look downstairs. Do hyu think there will be trouble?"

Amiria
2007-04-02, 02:16 PM
Lisaa

"Why should we ? Well, someone might have eavesdropped on us. We talked about Ami and her nijizuishou friends and about the museum. But nothing illegal. They'd just think that we are a bunch of odd venturers."

Ozzy_G
2007-04-02, 03:56 PM
Karl grins. Yes, adventurers always talk of strange things.

The Great Skenardo
2007-04-02, 04:04 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk pipes in "So, let's talk more of strange things." He passes a hand across his brow wearily.
"I think tomorrow we should either return to the museum and try and find out more about the artifacts, or go visit Ami's house in the wild. In the wild, Lisaa and I can provide for us, easy. Cities..." Bronsk waves a hand. "I'm not good with them. Too many people."

paddyfool
2007-04-03, 12:25 AM
Tyrgen
Nodding in sympathy, Tyrgen replies "I'm the same. I have tried to live here, so that I could get used to people again. But it would be easier in the wilds." and this time I won't be alone. His eyes flickering around the room nervously, he then starts on what really interests him. "So...now we are alone... what does it mean to you, that we are... what we are? All I know of this is my own past, and ugly stories."

The Great Skenardo
2007-04-03, 10:54 AM
Bronsk
"It'z...more complicated here. At my home, it was very simple; as shaman, iz not strange for me to take the shape of a wolf. I think..." Bronsk rocks back and forth a little as he watches the ceiling for a moment. "I think we have more...potential? For great good or great evil, if we choose it. Vakri tells me I'm being simple, but I think it can be that simple. I think it iz gift, even if we are feared because of it."

Ozzy_G
2007-04-03, 04:52 PM
A gift and a curse. Karl's face looks grim. Make no mistake. Lycanthropy is a plague. Anyone who gets scratched or bitten by you in your non-human forms may develop it. And they don't keep control of themselves when transformed, they become raging beasts, killing anyone close to them, even their own families. Anyone who survives their attack may also develop the curse, and soon you have an epidemic.

Amiria
2007-04-03, 05:08 PM
Lisaa

"The infected are the real problem, for them it is a curse. But for those who are born with lycanthropy it is different. It can be a gift of great power. It is their own decision and behaviour how to use this power. Some abuse it and turn it into a curse.", says Lisaa. "If you have to fight someone in your non-human form then fight to kill, not to injure."

The Great Skenardo
2007-04-03, 05:11 PM
Bronsk
The young healer sighs and locks his fingers together.
"I hope it never comes to that. Besides...I was told that only the bite of...our kind could change another?"

Ozzy_G
2007-04-03, 05:28 PM
No, claws as well.

paddyfool
2007-04-04, 12:45 AM
Tyrgen
Looking down at his hands, and remembering well their other shape, Tyrgen nods. This all ... tallies, I think. Lowering his voice to a whisper, he goes on slowly: But ... I must say something else. I do not know how it is where you come from. Here, if the people find out what you are, and they catch you, they will cut you up and burn the pieces.

Ozzy_G
2007-04-04, 05:09 AM
Karl smiles wryly. Ah, reminds me of home.

Amiria
2007-04-04, 01:48 PM
Lisaa

[smart ass]"No, no. It is only the bite1 of a werewolf that carries the disease.[/smart ass] But with what else do you fight when you are a wolf ?", says Lisaa. "Back home in my village werewolves are accepted - well, those who are born as werewolves. But it is different in the human lands and also in many elven lands. I've kept my nature secret from all humans but one."

1:

Curse of Lycanthropy (Su)

Any humanoid or giant hit by a werewolf’s bite attack in animal or hybrid form must succeed on a DC 15 Fortitude save or contract lycanthropy. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm)

paddyfool
2007-04-05, 12:19 AM
Tyrgen

You were accepted? Why would you leave?

Amiria
2007-04-05, 12:54 AM
Lisaa

"I decline to talk about it."

The Great Skenardo
2007-04-05, 01:04 AM
Bronsk
Bronsk sighs. "It'z much easier when you travel; a healer never lacks welcome and rarely stays long. Now me," He taps himself on the knee. "I left to see the world and learn more about it and the spirits that live there. Also; herbs."

paddyfool
2007-04-05, 05:08 AM
Tyrgen
Sounds nice, Tyrgen replies, with just a hint of envy. I ... well... I don't want to talk about it either. Sorry.

Ozzy_G
2007-04-05, 08:30 AM
Ah, good 'ol 'erbs, eh?
Karl grins. I'm amazed, Lisaa, that anywhere accepts werewolves. I've never heard of anywhere that does. Must be quite a culture shock leaving to somewhere with such a different attitude.

Amiria
2007-04-05, 04:05 PM
Lisaa

"No. I knew how the attitude towards werewolves would be in human lands. It is quite comprehensible - unlike some other customs."

paddyfool
2007-04-06, 01:58 AM
Tyrgen
The ghost of a smile floats on Tyrgen's lips again as he waits to hear more.

The Great Skenardo
2007-04-07, 09:57 AM
Bronsk
Bronsk laughs. "Yes. Humans, we...er, Zusammbauen...uh...Build?" he shakes his head and coughs. "We build our culture as we go along, not like the elves."

paddyfool
2007-04-08, 06:43 AM
Tyrgen
Nodding, in agreement, Tyrgen answers "True. And much of what we built is very strange, even if what is strange seems normal to most. I grew up ... in the countryside. Coming into the city showed me how odd men are in both." Wolf ways make much more sense.

Maryring
2007-04-08, 07:37 AM
"Damn." A petite voice suddenly says. The group hears the sound of cloth being ripped and the sound of someone very light moving on the roof above them.

Ozzy_G
2007-04-08, 07:43 AM
Karl looks up in shock. Someone was listening!
(Is there a window in this room?)

Maryring
2007-04-08, 10:07 AM
(Yes, there is an open window inside the room.)

Amiria
2007-04-08, 11:04 AM
Lisaa

Lisaa runs to the door and opens it. On the floor she looks for a stairway that leads up.

((Spot: 1d20+11 = 18))

Ozzy_G
2007-04-08, 01:00 PM
Karl runs over to the window, rifling through his bag as he does so. He pulls out a potion marked "L", and drinks it. Then he jumps out the window, but doesn't fall. Instead, he starts to float up.
(He drank a potion of levitation)

The Great Skenardo
2007-04-08, 01:02 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk seems startled at the sudden flurry of movement, and seeing Karl jump out the window, quickly runs to it and looks out, trying to track Karl's progress.
Damn. I hope he doesn't start setting fire to people again.
Bronsk looks tenatively for an easy way to scale to the roof from the window.

Maryring
2007-04-08, 01:34 PM
Lisaa does spot a ladder leading up to a closed hatch in the ceiling. There doesn't seem to be any other ways to get up to the top floor. Meanwhile Karl floats up to the roof and notices a tiny person nimbly jumping from rooftop to rooftop. The individual is incredibly swift for someone so small, but because it is wearing a cloak he can't identify the individual. For Bronsk, there is no "easy way" up on the roof from the window. He could grab hold of the roof and drag himself up. It would be difficult, but not impossible.

(Climb DC 15)

Ozzy_G
2007-04-08, 02:17 PM
Damnation! Karl pulls himself onto the roof, and runs after the cloaked figure as fast as he can, levitating up over anything too big to jump.

Amiria
2007-04-08, 02:47 PM
Lisaa

Lisaa climbs up the ladder and tries to open the hatch. If it opens she climbs up through the opening.

The Great Skenardo
2007-04-08, 02:51 PM
Bronsk
Bronsk glances back at Tyrgen with a slightly-panicked look on his face.
"I'll go; Gotta make sure he doesn't set anyone else on fire."
Grunting with the effort, Bronsk hoists himself onto the windowsill, his boots scrabbling for purchase as he looks for a handhold to the roof above.
[roll0]

Maryring
2007-04-08, 03:41 PM
Bronsk tries to heave himself onto the roof, but he slips and barely manages to keep himself from falling down. He then grits his teeth and makes a second attempt, and this time he manages to drag himself up onto the roof. Lisaa manages to open the hatch, and opens it with a loud *thud*. In the room above, Lisaa spots a window leading out to the roof, as well as several objects covered by dusty cloth. Karl finds it incredibly difficult to keep up with the spy, as he moves and jumps so quickly that he has problems following him with his eyes. Still, Karl follows as swiftly as he can. Finally, the spy disappears, having probably entered a building, but from where he stands, Karl can't see which building. A quick scan reveals that he is close to the museum where he first saw Bronsk and Lisaa. Far behind him, he can see Bronsk standing on the inn.

Ozzy_G
2007-04-08, 03:58 PM
Karl looks around, and snarls in irritation. He sees the museum, thinks for a moment, and then runs and levitates toward it.

Amiria
2007-04-08, 04:02 PM
Lisaa

Lisaa jumps to the window and looks through it.

Maryring
2007-04-08, 04:09 PM
Through the window, Lisaa can see Karl chasing after the spy across the rooftops.

Karl floats towards the Museum. Both windows on the second floor are closed, and that is the window on the third floor too. From the third floor however, he can hear the sound of two individuals speaking. One male voice, and a female voice.

(Yes, the timeline isn't entirely correct. If Lisaa waits, she will see Karl suddenly floating towards a building.)

Ozzy_G
2007-04-08, 04:33 PM
Karl lands on the ground, and runs over to the museum, beneath the window to the third floor. Then he jumps up, aiming to float up to the window.

Maryring
2007-04-08, 04:48 PM
When Karl attempts to float up, he finds that the magical powers of the potion has worn off.

(Sorry. 3 minutes has passed since you drank the potion.)

Amiria
2007-04-08, 04:57 PM
Lisaa

Lisaa jumps out of the window and tries to follow Karl over the roofs of the buildings.

((Elves can do that ! :smallwink: Jump or Balance checks ?))

Ozzy_G
2007-04-08, 05:00 PM
Karl grimaces. Nothing I can do. He strains his ears to try and see what's being said.

The Great Skenardo
2007-04-08, 07:10 PM
Bronsk
Squinting in the darkness, Bronsk tries to follow Karl's motions as best he can. He waits, somewhat fretfully, to see if Tyrgen is coming.
(Bronsk will offer a hand if Tyrgen tries coming through the window)

paddyfool
2007-04-09, 11:28 AM
Tyrgen
Tyrgen attempts to follow Bronsk out of the window and up onto the roof.

(Climb check: [roll0]

The Great Skenardo
2007-04-09, 11:48 AM
Bronsk
the shaggy-haired youth's white sleeves almost glow in the moonlight.
"That way" he says, simply, pointing to where he last saw Karl.
Picking his way across the rooftops, he proceeds towards the museum.

Maryring
2007-04-09, 03:22 PM
From where he is standing on the ground, Karl can't hear the exact words in the conversation. He can only catch the general tone, which seems to be light-hearted and friendly. When Bronsk, Lisaa and Tyrgen arrives, the speaking has silenced a bit, so they can't hear any actual words either. Not much happens, until they all hear the sound of something heavy falling down the stairs inside the building. The speaking immediately stops and less than three seconds later they hear the sound of the girl screaming.

Ozzy_G
2007-04-09, 05:09 PM
Karl dashes around to the front of the museum, and tries to open the front door.

The Great Skenardo
2007-04-09, 05:15 PM
(OOC: Does Bronsk see an easy way into the museum from the nearby rooftop?)