PDA

View Full Version : [PF] What's the deal with Wish?

Keneth
2013-10-30, 06:12 PM
Assuming you can't get free wishes via conjuring wish-granting monsters, is wish still broken?

Psyren
2013-10-30, 06:19 PM
The most broken use (item creation) was removed. The rest of it can still be abused, but not nearly as much. No million-CL scrolls of Holy Word or whatever.

Ravens_cry
2013-10-30, 06:24 PM
Given how much it is a DM adjudicated spell, I'd be leery of trying to abuse it, sticking with the explicitly 'safe' options. This is why I like Miracle. For 'safe' uses, it doesn't cost money, though they are more limited than wish, and, as long as what you want coincides with your deity's wants, you can do even more.

Psyren
2013-10-30, 06:26 PM
I like Miracle too, but any deity - even a good one - or even philosophy can ostensibly come up with a reason to say "no." And if they do you end up with nothing.

Ravens_cry
2013-10-30, 06:30 PM
I like Miracle too, but any deity - even a good one - or even philosophy can ostensibly come up with a reason to say "no." And if they do you end up with nothing.
That's why I wear my DM wrangling boots.:smalltongue:
Bribes can also help.
In all seriousness, there seems to have grown this tradition around the Wish spell that it *must* be screwed with. This goes double if the wish is granted by an outside source, and even more so if that source is evil.
Using Miracle helps break out of that tradition.

Keneth
2013-10-30, 06:41 PM
Good. I was thinking about how to deal with it, but since PF already did away with wishing for items, and called creatures can't be forced into granting wishes at my table, I guess I don't need to do squat.

On to more serious problems...