PDA

View Full Version : Carrion Crown in RL The Thread

AaronGrimstone
2013-10-31, 12:08 AM
GM Hat

The sky was clouded over, and a fine drizzle enveloped the entire country side. The day seemed designed to smother every vibrant color that should have been present in the country side. It is a day for staying inside, yet a small gathering of people nonetheless braves the miserable weather.

They stand, about ten in total, around a fine black coffin just outside of a cemetery. One of them is a young woman dressed all in black, with a veil hanging over her face. She is turned away from the cemetery, as if to rebuke its existence, towards the rest of the people gathering around. Among the rest are a smattering of natives, belonging to the town of Ravengro, whose cemetery stands within arms reach.

There are also four outsiders, who clearly do not belong among them. Standing farthest back, away from the rest, almost as if she doesn't wish to be seen is a woman with fiery orange hair, and red eyes. A goblin, out of place in any human settlement, stands seriously nearer to the casket, dwarfed by everyone else in attendence. Next to her is a man dressed in strange armor, and a somber look in his eyes. On the other side is a Tengu, an unusual sight in and of itself.

They surround in a half-moon, a casket that is resting on the ground. Inside of the casket is the body of the late Professor Petros Lorrimor. Kendra speaks up the rest of those gathered today for the somber occasion.

"We will need six pallbearers to help carry the coffin to its burial sight inside of the cemetery. Who will volunteer for this duty?"

Rikki

The foreign man steps forward immediately. "I will help to bear this burden." His hair is tied back in a top-knot, and he is wearing what looks to be a cumbersome piece of armor, not used in Ustagrav. He is bristling with strange weapons, and next to him is a horse with a pitch black coat, who stands by him without complaint. It moves to follow him, but he clicks his tongue and shakes his head, and the horse stops. "I am Rikki, and Lorrimor was like a brother to me."

DemonKnight1434
2013-10-31, 03:02 AM
The goblin wished she could at least do something at the time of need. He was a valuable person who helped her study's get rather far. Some frowned on others he praised to her they all mean a grate deal.

BUt none the less she could not be a pallbearer and she cursed slightly under her breath in goblin.

"why must i be so short some times" she then had the sudden thought that made her chuckle a little inside thing when she couldint reach the top shelf of things.

If i was not so short i would not be so good at hiding"

she waited to see if others would take the place she would follow behind and stick close even if she could not lift she would like to be there and see it thru to the end.

Madeshi
2013-10-31, 11:40 AM
The ifrit comes out from the darkness and volunteers a hand. They didnt have to know if she was close to him or not just that he was an important person to her.

"My name is Rossetta. I will also volunteer to help carry the weight he cannot lift anymore because he was a really dear friend of mine."

She went up nodded her head in acknoledgement and stood next to the male named Rikki who volunteered.

pikkon990
2013-11-05, 04:46 AM
Jericho looked around at the rest of denizens. After a moments pause, seeing no one else in a big hurry to volunteer, he steps forward.

""I will help ease the burden. Jericho is my name, and while I may not be the strongest here, help is help. After all, I couldn't leave such a great scholar and friend just lying here, could I?

Another pause, almost as if he's expecting something, then Jericho moves to join the rest of the volunteers

AaronGrimstone
2013-11-06, 01:52 AM
GM Hat
Three of the denizens of the town step forward after the out of towners. Two are business-like and somber, the other is rotund and his face is more accustomed to laughing. The young woman, Kendra, turns towards the cemetary, and leads the procession into the Restlands, as the cemetary is called by the townsmen.

The procession continues along a gravel path that winds its way through the headstones. About halfway along the path the procession turns sharply along a corner and onto another path. All of the procession can immediately see a crowd blocking the path to Lorrimor's final resting place. About twelve of the sureliest looking of the generally surely locals stands as a wall, and apparently leading them is an old man who holds himself proudly.

He speaks immediately. “That’s far enough. We been talking, and we don’t want Lorrimor buried in the Restlands. You can take him upriver and bury him
there if you want, but he ain’t goin’ in the ground here!”

Kendra, up to this point lost in grief, immediately grows angry. “What are you talking about?” she cries out. “I arranged it with Father Grimburrow. He’s waiting for us! The grave’s already been dug!”

Madeshi
2013-11-07, 01:24 AM
Rossetta still holding onto one of the pegs towards the back asks "What would be the reason why he cannot be buried here? I would love to know what one of the greatest men I know did to be refused a grave in this town. Other then the fact I can tell you don't like outsiders. I can tell because when I arrived here no one would talk to me and trust me everyone wants to talk to me." She smiles faintly "also why would you stop us here and now while we are about to lay him down and not before this even started? I would also like to know where the person is who is in charge of this burial and his opinions on this are? I may be intruding here but you have interrupted something I was hoping to do and get over with so I can leave this town to its peace, but obviously it is not peaceful am I right?" She stands there waiting for a response to the overflowing questions she had. She has never been known to keep what she is thinking in her head unless it has to do with her own "business".

pikkon990
2013-11-08, 09:17 AM
jericho, in a start, begins scrutinizing the blockade, looking for any kind of weapons should this turn into a fight

in a whisper ""lets try not to make them angry, eh?"

perception D20 + 8 = 13 for any weapons or dangerous gear they're carrying

DemonKnight1434
2013-11-08, 11:48 AM
Bitters looked on the people here posing a threat to the goal at hand to her the task was simple remove the problem and all would be well.

Her inner voice "ahh but if we remove the blockaid others would mostlikely take it unkind and we would have a bigger problem at hand"

her own voice arguing ""but they block the way is there no other way around it"

Others are taking care of it for now hang back do not engage. if need be if you want to help, then slip off

Ahhhh yes slip off slip off is what i should do if this turns into a fight i could then use it to my advantage i am such a genius.

With out saying a word and after a quick look from side to side to make sure no one was watching her she sliped off useing the hight of people and the caskit for cover.

She would dodge in and out between the people keeping her head down low to get behind them with out knowing

[roll0] Stelth

[roll1] Acrobatics

Lets see how it gose

AaronGrimstone
2013-11-08, 09:52 PM
Rikki

Rikki stands firm, though silently he curses the fact that his hands are full of a coffin and he cannot reach his swords. He takes in the group of thugs lined up before them.

"Yes, why is it that he cannot be buried in his grave? I assure you this man was no necromancer."

Aiding Shelly's diplomacy roll : [roll0]

AaronGrimstone
2013-11-08, 09:56 PM
Unfortunately none of what the group says avails them, and the leader of the mob yells out "Get them!" And the group surges forward.

Roll Initiative!

Rikki's [roll0]

Half of the group rushes at the procession, three of which have there hands full holding onto a coffin, loaded with the remains of a dear friend.

The leader does not follow letting the angry villagers flow around him. The rest of the thugs huddle around their leader and yell insults at the procession.

DemonKnight1434
2013-11-09, 02:13 AM
Bitters chuckled in her mind she pulled her daggers and went to attack she was happy at the turn of events.

""Oh what wonderful subjects to slice today

she stated in her mind to no one in particular.

She then went to go attack one of the people.

[roll0]

Int

Attack [roll1] ATTCK

Damage [roll2]
[roll3]

this is for the attack that i sliped in unnoticed thus suprise attack for me i feel and thus they are treated as flatfooted and full attack bonus and sneak

pikkon990
2013-11-09, 03:15 PM
"Quick, put the coffin down!" Jericho called to the others.

he then moved away from the coffin and drew his crossbow.

INT D20 + 3 = 18

Madeshi
2013-11-11, 01:36 AM
Rossetta puts the coffin down.
"And to think I thought this was just going to be a boring day, I am glad I came this is much more fun then just standing around pickpocketing" she chuckles, while stepping away from the coffin to get a better view of the situation.

[roll0]
Init

AaronGrimstone
2013-11-11, 09:32 PM
DM
Before anyone else in the procession can react Bitter Sweet launches her attack and stabs the villager. The man's eyes grow wide, and he clutches at the wounds, which are already beginning to seep red throughout his shirt. He drops his makeshift weapon and begins to run. (Which he'll do on his actual turn.)

Bitter Sweet can tell, because of her finely calibrated doctoring knowledge that that admittedly weak blow almost killed the man.

Initiative Order
Order goes Bitter Sweet, Jericho, Kendra, Rossetta, Tatsumaki, the town's folk, and Rikki. Since Bitter Sweet got a surprise round it is now her full turn.

Also keep in mind that Jericho, Rikki, and Rossetta cannot take any other actions on there turn other than lowering the coffin. Unless its a free action that doesn't require concentration or hands.

DemonKnight1434
2013-11-12, 12:23 AM
Bitters was rather surprised by how little damage she did she barely grazed the man in her mind And yet almost killed him.

She was fairly certain one could just scare the rest off but she did int think about conveying that to others to her it was a game and a fun one at that.

she would then engage on the next one closest attacker moving in threw the battle

[roll0] ATTCK

Damage [roll1]

[roll2]

Besides no one asked her if they would almost die or not and they did attack first

AaronGrimstone
2013-11-12, 01:13 AM
DM
Unfortunately for Bitter Sweet, though fortunately for the thuggish farmer she was attacking Bitter Sweet did not hit her mark. The man sneers at the little goblin, which obviously would have been unable to hurt him, even if he had just seen evidence to the contrary.

Unfortunately Bitter Sweet has now been noticed by the angry villagers, and her advantage in that area has been lost.

The procession begins to back up, and the people helping the main characters with the coffin back up, and begin to flee. All except Kendra.

Initiative
Jericho, its your turn.

AaronGrimstone
2013-11-13, 10:09 PM
Jericho carefully sets his corner of the coffin down, respectfully, though slowly.

Kendra, enraged by the audacity of these low-bred sons of goats murmurs a few arcane words, and hurls acid at one of them.

Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Unfortunately it misses by a mile and lands harmlessly in the grass.

Rosetta's turn, though she will be stuck lowering the coffin. If you don't wish to do anything else let me know and I'll continue combat without delay.

AaronGrimstone
2013-11-14, 11:50 PM
Rosetta sets down her side of the coffin.

Tatsumaki's, Rikki's horse, training kicks in immediately upon sensing danger to his master. He runs at the nearest angry villager turns around, and kicks him.

Attack 1 to villager: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2; [roll3]

Unfortunately the villager jumps back and places himself slightly out of range of the horse's kick.

AaronGrimstone
2013-11-14, 11:59 PM
Immediately one of the villagers, the one that Bitter Sweet managed to stab, runs away from the group, his morale broken. That leaves only five left. The leader and the six that didn't join the melee stand back and jeer at the remainder of the procession.

The one that Bitter Sweet missed attacks her, swinging the rake he was carrying at her wildly.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] nonlethal damage

The villager that almost got kicked attacks the horse back, and another one of his friends joins in, trying to subdue the beast quickly.

Attack 1: [roll2]
Damage 1: [roll3] nonlethal damage

Attack 2: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5] nonlethal damage

Both blows bounce off of Tatsumaki's armor covered hide without fazing him at all.

A third rushes at Kendra and swings the staff end of a hayfork at her.

Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] nonlethal damage

Kendra manages to dance backwards, just evading the villagers attack.

Finally, the last of the group rushes at Jericho, who appears the most like some sort of necromantic monster to his ignorant villager senses.

Attack: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9] nonlethal damage

Rikki lowers his part of the coffin. Now the coffin has been set safely on the ground, without incident of any kind.

New Round! Bitter Sweet's turn, though now she doesn't have Combat Advantage, and non of the fellows are flat footed. And she has no cover, so no easy sneak attack this round.

DemonKnight1434
2013-11-15, 02:52 AM
Bitters sighed she knew it was a mater of time before she got noticed so she would continue into the attack.

The one that just tried to hit her had bad aim not that her's was any better but she would not think on that. She just chuckled to her self on how bad of a hit he tried to land on her.

She would return the attack and went to stab him once more this time she knew she was going to hit something inside of her said she would.

Could be the crazyness talking

[roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Got real specific there aaron sure you dont want me to try and find more loop holes to get extra damage in lol

"why do you still attack them when you know they could not hurt you. ALso you could just say that your sure if you talked it out they would consider stoping" the thoughts running thru her head in the middle of battle.

"because if i do that then i would not get to see what makes a human follow the words of a coward who will not fight his own battles"

AaronGrimstone
2013-11-16, 12:20 AM
Bitter Sweet finds herself looking at a man when his brazen courage and general sureity bleeds out along with the blood from his stab wound. His eyes immediately fill with fear at the wound that the frail-looking little goblin has dealt him.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean. *Blinks eyes innocently.* Jericho's turn, now.

pikkon990
2013-11-16, 01:35 PM
Jericho easily sidesteps the attack, moving back and taking aim with his crossbow.

Attack [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

AaronGrimstone
2013-11-16, 01:45 PM
The bolt doesn't come anywhere close to hitting the villager. But it does hurt the air above his head mortally.

Yay! Someone figured out how to use the forum roller! Now you just have to stop rolling ones. :smalltongue:

Kendra steps away from the villager, shakes her head slightly, then lobs another bit of acid at the man

Attack vs Touch: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

The acid splashes right onto the man's chest, and begins searing away at him painfully. The bluster leaves him.

Rossetta, your turn. No more coffin so your free to act in whatever way you want.

Madeshi
2013-11-17, 11:00 AM
With her hands free she steps to the side to get a better view of the situation. As she surveys the battlefield she thinks "this will be fun." She finds the closest one to her and points at them. A missile just shot out of her hand towards them.

Magic Missile [roll0]

AaronGrimstone
2013-11-17, 05:14 PM
The villager that had attacked Jericho goes down in a heap as soon as Rossetta's spell hits him.

Tatsumaki the horse immediately bites one of his attackers, and if that doesn't bring him down, twirls and kicks him. Either that or he kicks the other one.

Attack - Bite: [roll0]
Damage - Bite: [roll1]

Attack - Hoof 1: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Attack - Hoof 2: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Tatsumaki misses biting the man, but still manages to catch him with a glancing blow from his kick. The man stumbles back, then runs, along with the man hit by Kendra, and the one stabbed by Bitter Sweet. Only one of the thugs remains, and he no longer seems to feel like fighting. He runs with the rest of his compatriots. The leader, seeing what has happened to his group runs off also, leaving only Rossetta, Bitter Sweet, Rikki, and Jericho standing around, with Kendra and the procession. Along with one man groaning and unconscious in the mud.

Kendra comes up to each of the PCs, thanking them profusely. "Thank you, thank you for chasing those men off! They are horrible, and I have no idea what they would have done with Father's body if you hadn't stepped in.

You gain 150 experience each for winning the fight! We're on the medium experience track so you need 2000 to get to level 2

One of the others in the procession mentions "Those were all local farmhands, none of them very well-thought of. Probably just troublemakers looking for attention."

Rikki

Rikki pats his horse on the nose, thanking him. Tatsumaki snorts appreciately. Rikki turns to the others. "That was a great welcome. To Kendra Your thanks is appreciated. Your father was a good man. I'm just glad we were all ready to help."

DemonKnight1434
2013-11-17, 10:56 PM
Bitters was slightly disappointed but there was one still
Alive enough That she walked over to him and Kicked him in the face trying to wake him up.

look I'm not good at talking here so I need to know why your leader attacked on this day and what grudge do you have towards this wizard? You can tell me or you can die here.

She was not the wisest to know he probably needed some kind of healing first to talk. Hahahaha by the way it is not hard enough to kill this guy with the kick. K

so ya any one else going to go on no roll will be made here due to the fact she is talking to some one unconscious

Madeshi
2013-11-21, 01:10 AM
Wondering what actually went on here and thinking how disappointed she was with what happened because it wasn't as fun as she would of hoped. She looked over to see the little goblin kicking and talking to one of the attackers. Realizing they were unconscious she says "I dont think a kick to the face will wake him up so easily" she chuckles at the ignorance of this goblin "you kind of need to treat him first before he can speak." She looks around to see if there are anymore lingering around or if they all indeed run off. she also wonders if we are going to finish the ceremony or leave the only man that brought me here just lye here and figure out what just happened.

pikkon990
2013-11-21, 04:14 PM
"hmm... Maybe this thing is defective..." looking down at his crossbow, "so much for my weapon training" he chuckled

Stowing the weapon, Jericho moved to speak with Kendra.
well now, that was exciting, eh? Perhaps we should move this procession along, and when that's done, we can all sit down and have a good cup of tea

AaronGrimstone
2013-11-23, 02:40 AM
Kendra smiles at the group as they talk. "Little goblin, Hephanus is just a crusty old man who stirred up a bunch of rabble rousers into believing that my father was a necromancer. She gives the fallen thug a bit of a kick herself, though. "Stupid git." After she does so Kendra looks as if she remembers something.

"Are you Bitter Sweet? And you others," she turns to everyone. "Rikki, Jericho, and Rossetta? You are actually in my father's will. I was going to tell you when you arrived, but..." She trails off as her grief resumes for a moment. "Anyways, I wanted to see if you'd arrive for no other reason than my father, though I don't know what he put into the will, exactly."

Kendra replies to Jericho and Rossetta, and gives Rikki a brief nod of thanks. "Yes, we will of course finish the proc..." At that moment a man dressed in priestly guard comes up the procession. He shakes his head disapprovingly at the thug. He looks at everyone else, sends a brief wave of healing to the masses, which reawakens the fallen man. The thug gets up slowly, not meeting anyone's eyes, and leaves without making a fuss.

"I'm sorry it took me so long to get here, but in truth it appears as if those troublemakers were run off before I could make it here. I fear I'll have to talk to someone about keeping these dangerous elements in line. Anyways, let's continue our solemn journey, shall we." With that the priest reorganizes the procession, gets the pall bearers to take up there burden again, and shoos a way Tatsumaki the Horse, and the little goblin dog that everyone else was overlooking.

The procession continues along the tracks as before, and arrives at the newly dug grave without further incidents. The coffin is set in place, and lowered slowly into the grave site while all four of you watch in somber quietude. The coffin makes contact with the dirt beneath softly, and as if triggered by the event the priest introduces himself to everyone, though specifically the strangers, as Father Grimburrow. He is a very old man, and his face is stuck in a frown of disapproval, but he gives a good genuine sermon about Professor Lorrimor. When he is done he steps aside and lets Kendra take up the post. Kendra talks for a time about her father, talking about some of his more courageous acts, moments of kindness, and past before looking at everyone gathered. "Do any of you have a story you'd like to share about my father?" For some reason it appears like she looks longest at the four strangers in the group.

DemonKnight1434
2013-11-25, 11:21 PM
Bitters deiced to go first.

Well as people go he was some one you could relate with he did not hate me for what i was to begin with.

He also helped me with some of my study's as a alchemist so that is something to be said there.

she was a little puzzled for words intelligence aside she did not seem to know what to say really to her death was always present and could come at any moment.

REally this was the first time attending one of the things that they call laying the dead to rest.

I guess over all i am happy that i am here to help where i can and make sure he gets to where he is going on his final journey

Madeshi
2013-11-27, 11:45 PM
In the far end of a bench Rossetta just sits and listens to what everyone has to say. She only came to honor him she was not about to give a speech. Her thoughts kept flooding of the will and what the Professor would want to give away to her of all people. What did the Professor actually have to give away anyway I mean he was always raveling so he didn't carry around much.

pikkon990
2013-11-28, 06:37 PM
Jericho sits and listens to the others speeches, ultimately deciding to remain silent. he was a good man, and an excellent teacher. I just don't think anything I have to say is worthy of his memory. he thought to himself. after all, I don't think I knew the man that long compared to the others. I certainly must have left a lasting impression if he left me something in his will.

AaronGrimstone
2013-11-29, 08:49 PM
Rikki

Rikki goes after Bitter Sweet, standing for just a moment in silence before speaking for just a few sentences.

"This man helped me when I was in most dire need. When I was a slave he freed me and showed me that there were men with actual honor in this world. I will always remember Petros Lorrimor for that, and for the kindness I saw in him." Rikki then goes back to his seat.

DM

A few others go up and say a word or two about the Professor, some just sit and let their grief speak for them. Kendra goes up to the grave and throws in the first handful of dirt, then everyone else in the procession, even the strangers, does so. The procession gathers a gain for a final moment while the elderly Grimburrow reads the closing remarks and commends Lorrimor's soul to the good gods. Then the funeral shifts into a bit more informal affair.

For a while Kendra mills around, talks with the guests, and listens to their condolences. Then, as soon as it is polite, Kendra splits off, and waves for the four the fours strangers to follow her.

She leads them through the southern exit of the Restlands, down a dirt road, across a bridge and into the town proper. As the group goes various villagers looks at them strangely and with open suspicion. Either that or they ignore them completely. Kendra leads you down the main road of the town, through the town's square, which holds a simple wooden gazebo and an elderly dog sleeping peacefully on its steps.

As the group goes through the town they can see over the horizon the top of a large building, clearly dilapidated, dwarf the rest of the residents. As they get closer it is clear that the town is not just larger, but is on an enormous hill , probably just past the outskirts of the town.

As the houses start to thin again Kendra leads the group to a fairly nondescirpt house. She opens the door and lets everyone in.

The interior of the house is festooned with books. Bookcases cover many of the walls, and every table has parchment and quill ready to use. Kendra bids everyone sit down.

"Make yourself comfortable. We must wait for Councilman Hearthmount to be able to read the will, and he will be here in one hour. I believe that you, Jericho was it, wanted some tea? Does anyone else want somthing to drink?"

DemonKnight1434
2013-12-01, 12:21 AM
Bitters not being one to pass up something free to drink she decided to open up with a water with lots of sugar added to the drink.

Yes it was weird but lets be real she was not normal to begin with

Ill take a sugar with water please extra sugar

another thought seem to come to mind with it as she had her eyes widen with thought what if we add milk to that sure it would be watered down but your not paying for it right

ADD MILK TO

she was excited now hell try anything once in her book she said in fact as she thought about that she opened up to a blank page in her journal just to put it in so if any one ever needed proof she had it.

pikkon990
2013-12-01, 12:26 AM
yes Kendra, I would love a cup of tea. It's one of my favourite drinks. If it's not too much trouble, of course. Jericho replied.

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-01, 08:30 PM
Rikki

Rikki tied up Tatsumaki outside the front door, and told him to behave himself.

Rikki says "I would like some tea also, Kendra-san. Any kind that you have on hand." in a respectful manner. It seemed to him that this Tengu was a fairly upstanding individual, but time would tell if that was a correct impression. He was unsure about the woman, and Rikki had absolutely no idea what to think about the goblin. She seemed a bit strange, but then again Rikki had not dealt with many goblins in a conversational manner so she might be fairly typical.

Madeshi
2013-12-01, 08:39 PM
"A glass of whatever you have." She wasn't picky when it came to free stuff.

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-01, 08:54 PM
Kendra moves around in the kitchen for a little bit then comes back out with a tray holding a couple glasses, a pot of tea accompanied by a couple of tea-cups. The tea goes between Rikki and Jericho, a glass of spiced wine is put in front of Rossetta, and a glass of sugar water mixed with milk is put in front of Bitter Sweet. She also sets down about twelve different little bowls of various spices and a few liquids, smiling at Bitter Sweet as she does so. "You look like someone who enjoys experimenting with flavors so I grabbed a bunch of random ingredients for you to try."

She settles down with a glass of port, then looks around at the others. "Would you mind terribly if we talked a bit, before Hearthmount arrives? I would like to hear some more about you all, since you seem to have made an impression on my father." Kendra smiles sadly at that, wishing her father was still around.

pikkon990
2013-12-01, 09:39 PM
Ahh prof. Lorrimor. Jericho said. personally, I don't think there's a lot to say. You see Kendra, when I was born, the oracles of my order deemed me a "chosen child". As I grew, in the early years, I greatly surpassed all others in my roost, err... he paused for a second. my town, if you will. The oracles deemed that if I was to continue to grow, they would need outside assistance. They brought in all sorts of people to help me, including your father. He was a great scholar, and taught me a great deal. About the world, the other planes, other species. Undoubtedly my favorite among the many that came through. Jericho sighs. to be honest kendra, I was quite surprised to hear that he had left me something in his will. It must have been my ability to understand his teachings so quickly, that left a lasting mark on him. during our short time together, nothing he tried to teach was too difficult for me to learn.

DemonKnight1434
2013-12-02, 01:05 AM
Bitters took a sip of her drink and was happy with how it came out vary sweet not something she gets vary offten.

She listen to the would be bird speak about stuff and was rather uninterested but she listend to key details about how he was smart that could prove useful.

also that he was the best in his class she liked that to.

After he was done speaking she took her turn after taking another big gulp from her drink.

Well For me theres not much there i mean im a goblin sooooooooo most of us just eat, attack, attack eat, destory and try to conquer.

Well i was a little differnt 2 brothers who deiced that attacking our mother and killing her seemed alot better then being food i of course kept hiding not wanting to be the next meal.

But thru the raids i found a book of alcmy and took a shining to it.

As i was trying to learn more about it i found your ?Dad? still confused on how parents can care for there young.

after i showed him what i could do and me never experiencing more then the harsh life of the goblins its self. i deiced to try something new exciting and thats where we end in me trying to complete a better preservative for objects to not only last but act as if they never received any age what so ever

Madeshi
2013-12-03, 11:41 AM
While picking up the glass of what looked like wine, she took a sip and wasnt really surprised that it was delicious, she didn't show that it was good in her expression but kept drinking it while listening very carefully to the bird like creature and the little goblin speak of the professor. After I believed the goblin was finished talking, she looked up from her glass and saw that it was her turn to talk. She never really liked talking to people about her life, but since it was the daughter of a good friend she figured she would at least tell her a short version of what happened.

"You're father, Professor Lorrimor, used to take me traveling with him." She didnt really wanna tell everyone how they met, I mean seriously she does alot of swindeling but, only to rich who can afford it and the bastards who deserve it and she never takes more then she needs to get by its really more for the thrill, but of course that is what she was doing when they met and just because he understood her reasons doesn't mean everyone else will too. "Took me all over and taught me alot about all different kinds of stuff. That's about all that happened." She also doesn't want to mention anything about the will and how she was wondering what it could be and why. She had a guess to what it was but she didn't want to "discuss" it with anyone.
The idea she thinks is that he is going send them on the rest of his adventure that he couldn't finish. Because he clearly saw something in all of us so he threw us of all people together because that is just how he is.

pikkon990
2013-12-03, 12:19 PM
Jericho poured himself a cup of tea while listening to the others tell their stories. well rikki? What of you then? How did you know Petros Lorrimor? Jericho asked, while taking a sip of tea

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-03, 08:55 PM
"Hmm." Rikki said, as he drank a bit of his tea. He thought for a moment. "I was journeying when I found myself enslaved. He freed me and a couple others." Rikki does not elaborate any further.

"Do you study magic, Bitter Sweet?" He asked, curiously.

DemonKnight1434
2013-12-03, 10:36 PM
Bitters looked confused for a moment did she not say she worked with the prof before his demise. That should mean she studied magic.

After she regained her composer she went to answer the question

Well of course i study magic i also study anatomy, potions, traps, the inner workings of the universe and all the powers that be in it as well as a few ideas and Volatile mixtures, Really it brakes down to if it moves and i dont know about it i will find out about it.

Happy with her answer she took another big gulp of her drink smacking her lips loudly together.

She was really happy with her drink

"do you think we can get more" she thought to her self "and why did you mention poisons" was another thought to her self. Both she ignored.

Madeshi
2013-12-05, 12:34 AM
Rosetta just sits there drinking her wine listening to everyone talking around her. She would rather just observe them then actually talk. They weren't asking her anything so she has no reason to talk also she doesn't know these people so why get friendly with them. She does habey one question but she will wait till someone else brings it up. She sets down her drink and looks around the room and analyzes everything but she does it so not to raise concern or point anyones attention towards her. She sits there pretending not to be listening to them but really she listens very carefully to every word they are saying.

pikkon990
2013-12-06, 09:10 AM
While rikki and bitter sweet banter on, Jericho pulls out a book and begins drawing

craft calligraphy [roll0]

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-06, 09:38 PM
Jericho draws some pretty nice-looking caligraphy, it looks professionally made.

While the various disparate strangers exchange both conversation and silence a knock is heard at the door, followed immediately by a tall man that the group remembers vaguely as one of the members of the procession at the funeral. He is a tall man, with a grim face who looks disapprovingly at the strangers, especially to strangers who had the audacity to involve themselves in one of the former citizens affairs. He is an elderly man who holds himself as straight as possible, though a stoop to his shoulders prevents him from standing up completely. He greets Kendra, then waits for her to introduce him.

"Everyone, this is Councilman Vashian Hearthmount, he will read the will for us." The man begins to walk to a different room of the house, and Kendra waves everyone to follow him. They enter a study, obviously the room that Lorrimor would have used in life. There he sits at the desk, and pulls out a sealed scroll case. He shows the group that it is unbroken. Once everyone has had a chance to affirm that it has in fact been unopened Vashian breaks the seal and opens the end of the case. A key falls out of the case and clatters onto the table. Vashian ignores this and pulls the long sheet of parchment out of the case. He immediately begins to read.

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-06, 09:39 PM
The Last Will and Testament of Professor Petros Lorrimor

“I, Petros Lorrimor, being of sound mind, do hereby commit to this
parchment my last will and testament. Let it be known that, with
the exception of the specific details below, I leave my home and
personal belongings entire to my daughter Kendra. Use them or
sell them as you see fit, my child.
“Yet beyond the bequeathing of my personal effects, this
document must serve other needs. I have arranged for the reading
of this document to be delayed until all principals can be in
attendance, for I have more than mere inheritance to apportion. I
have two final favors to ask.
“To my old friends, I hate to impose upon you all, but there are
few others who are capable of appreciating the true significance of
what it is I have to ask. As some of you know, I have devoted many
of my studies to all manner of evil, that I might know the enemy and
inform those better positioned to stand against it. For knowledge
of one’s enemy is the surest path to victory over its plans.
“And so, over the course of my lifetime, I have seen fit to acquire
a significant collection of valuable but dangerous tomes, any one
of which in the wrong circumstances could have led to an awkward
legal situation. While the majority of these tomes remain safe under
lock and key at the Lepidstadt University, I fear that a few I have
borrowed remain in a trunk in my Ravengro home. While invaluable
for my work in life, in death, I would prefer not to burden my
daughter with the darker side of my profession, or worse still, the
danger of possessing these tomes herself. As such, I am entrusting
my chest of tomes to you, posthumously. I ask that you please deliver
the collection to my colleagues at the University of Lepidstadt, who
will put them to good use for the betterment of the cause.
“Yet before you leave for Lepidstadt, there is the matter of
another favor—please delay your journey one month and spend
that period of time here in Ravengro to ensure that my daughter is
safe and sound. She has no one to count on now that I am gone,
and if you would aid her in setting things in order for whatever she
desires over the course of this month, you would have my eternal
gratitude. From my savings, I have also willed to each of you a sum
of one hundred platinum coins. For safekeeping, I have left these
funds with Embreth Daramid, one of my most trusted friends in
Lepidstadt—she has been instructed to issue this payment upon
the safe delivery of the borrowed tomes no sooner than one month
after the date of the reading of this will.
“I, Petros Lorrimor, hereby sign this will in Ravengro on this
first day of Calistril, in the year _____.”

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-06, 09:46 PM
Having finished reading the will Vashian clears his throat, sets the will down on the table and looks at Kendra silently.

"Thank you Councilman Hearthmount, that is all that I needed." She thanks him again and the old man gets up creekily and leaves the room. Kendra looks at the group. "It will take me at least a few weeks to decide if I will remain here or not. Until I do so I would appreciate it if you would stay here for as long as Father wanted you too." She smiles at all of them, though a bit of sadness still lingers openly on her face. "I know what chest father was talking about, I will go and fetch it now." With that Kendra gets up and leaves the room.

pikkon990
2013-12-06, 10:30 PM
well now. as per his will, I am willing to lend a hand. Jericho said. what of the rest of you? Will you honor the professors wish? he asked. on top of that, these tomes are most likely one of a kind, and as such it is my duty as a follower of Abadar to ensure their safety and survival.

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-07, 03:06 AM
"The professor asked me to help his daughter, so I will do so. It will be nice to stay in the town for a month, I think. Relaxing. I will definitely help with this task." Rikki nods to himself, and goes back to his own thoughts.

DemonKnight1434
2013-12-07, 12:44 PM
Bitters blinked a bit just drinking it all in she was being asked to stay in a town where she is normily not welcome to help his daughter get settled or ready to move.

She then pondered the moment a little bit longer.

She could always make more things to aid her in the future you know with acid and oil and such but right now she did not have the funds to do so.

She then thought up a sound plan maybe she could find some work around at lest for a couple of the weeks.

She was sure if she could find some place to accept her abiltys she could make the coin to buy supplies for the future.

If im going to stay i need a place to work at also do you know any place where they could use some one of my trade be it potions or the likes to which i could make a few coin. IF we are to go on a trip im sure i will need more then the cloths on my back and the blade at my side to defend myself.

the words bitters spoke was as if she did not speak them her self infact little would believe it was the same goblin.

Before she just ordered a drink with nothing but sugar water and milk and now she just asked for a job she was full of supirises that one

Madeshi
2013-12-07, 12:46 PM
Rosetta looks at everyone and nods in agreeance. "I will stay and help but as for it being "nice" to stay in this town,," she chuckles, it doesn't make a difference to her she is used to it , "they dont like us, so I'm just saying this so I don't have to do this alone, random people aren't just going to be coming in for Kendra, the townspeople will most likely be coming in after us right after they here and see that we will be in there town for more then just this one day and you have to be careful not to kill them because Kendra looks a little fond of them." She leans comfortably back in her chair and keeps sipping on her wine, that has got a bit tasteless. "All I ask for is a quiet place to stay, perferrably with a window and not to be bugged unless really needed."

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-07, 07:04 PM
Rikki looks a bit oddly at Rossetta. "You normally wouldn't just go around killing people anyways. I don't think those ruffians will be back, after it only took two people and a horse to chase them off. They seemed far more eager to run like dogs than fight like men."

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-07, 07:13 PM
DM

Kendra comes back in, this time carrying a small chest. She sets it down on the desk, and gives the key to Jericho to unlock. The Tengu does so, and opens the chest.

Inside are several old tomes, plus one on top bearing a note scratched into it that says "Read me Now!" It looks like its some type of journal.

pikkon990
2013-12-07, 08:36 PM
Jericho pulls out the tome with the "read me know" carved into it and sets it aside, then begins checking the other contents of the chest before opening it

perception [roll0]

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-08, 02:10 PM
DM
Jericho sees a deeply purple book with a lock on it, and the title Manual of the Order of the Palatine Eye. He also sees a jet-black book with the title On Verified Madness, along with a book titled Serving your Hunger which Jericho recognizes as one of the primary unholy books favored by the goddess Urgathoa, and one titled The Umbral Leaves. Jericho recognizes the contents as a translation into Common of the unholy book of Zon-Kuthon due to his training as an Inquisitor.

He sees nothing else particularly strange about the chest.

DemonKnight1434
2013-12-08, 03:23 PM
Bitters did not even relize she spoke all that to no one but a task is a task if she is to stay here

Look i get we are going to be here for a bit so if thats the case is there any place where i could make a few coin so that i could use money to buy the metrials needed. To help me out in the future as well as this journey.

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-08, 11:37 PM
Kendra looks a bit confused at the goblin's question. "Yes, there are a couple places you can earn some coppers if needed. What job are you looking for?""

DemonKnight1434
2013-12-09, 09:40 PM
Bitters pondered for a moment

I guess anything that can use a master of mixaolgy or alchemy

She did give it much thought with the extra money she could prepare for the adventure ahead the thing is she needed a foot in the door

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-09, 11:11 PM
"Ah, then I would look towards Jolinda's Apothecary. She handles the mixture of potions and herbs, along with alchemical regeants. But she won't even sell you those unless she trusts you, much less let you work for her. Maybe, if your convincing enough or prove your skilled enough." She looks intently at the small, newer book.

"That is definitely Father's journal. Why did he mark in it?"

pikkon990
2013-12-10, 03:23 AM
well Kendra, perhaps your father wanted us to read it? Jericho asked. He reached for the book and flipped open the cover

Madeshi
2013-12-10, 08:13 PM
Looking at everything very cautiously, she doesn't pick anything up. She looks at the goblin when she started to speak. Hmm she thinks to herself lets see if there is a very quiet place around. She looks at Kendra and begins to ask the question, "Kendra all I ask of you is a quiet place to not be disturbed and no barge ins unless there is an emergency and you can ask me questions as long as you want now if I will answer them that is a different story. So what I am asking is where can I sleep for the duration of my stay?" she might of said a little to much because if she was going to have to tolerate them for more then a month they would of eventually found out that she does not like to be bothered. There may be an exception with the goblin because she was intrigued by the goblins knowledge for how young she looked. She waits for the answer, then looks back down at the chest.

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-10, 10:47 PM
Kendra answers Rossetta while Jericho looks through the book. Rikki, intrigued, looks over Jericho's shoulder while reading, though he does not say anything.

"There are not too many rooms in the house, but I should be able to find you one that is secluded. The attic is a bit cut off from the house as a whole, but it is fairly comfortable. Father had visitors every now and then that enjoyed solitude as much as you. If you'd like I'll show you too it now."

The Journal

The journal is mostly a collection of Petros's various daily activities, and for the most part is not very remarkable. Except for a few dates that Petros had apparently circled in red ink before setting it in the chest.

Those entries are as follows:

Ten Years Ago:
The Whispering Way is more than just a cabal of necromancers. I see that now. Undeath is their fountain of youth. Uncovering their motivation does not place me at ease as I thought it might. Their desire to be eternal simply makes them more dangerous.

Two Months Ago:
It is as I had feared. The Way is interested in something here in Ravengro. But what could it be?

One Month Ago:
Whatever the Way seeks, I am now convinced their goal is connected to Harrowstone. In retrospect, I suppose it all makes sense—the stories they tell about the ruins in town are certainly chilling enough. It may be time to investigate the ruins, but with everyone in town already being so worked
up about them, I’d rather not let the others know about my curiosity—there’s plenty of folks hereabouts who already think I’m a demonologist or a witch or something. Ignorant fools.

Twenty Days Ago:
It is confirmed. The Way seems quite interested in something—no, strike that—someone who was held in Harrowstone. But who, specifically, is the Way after? I need a list of everyone who died the night of the fire. Everyone. The Temple of Pharasma must have such a list.

Eighteen Days Ago:
I see now just how ill prepared I was when I last set out for the Harrowstone. I am lucky to have returned at all. The ghosts, if indeed they were ghosts (for I did not find it prudent to investigate further) prevented me from transcribing the strange symbols I found etched along the foundation—hopefully on my next visit I will be more prepared. Thankfully, the necessary tools to
defend against spirits are already here in Ravengro. I know that the church of Pharasma used to store them in a false crypt in the Restlands at the intersection between Eversleep and the Black Path. I am not certain if the current clergy even know of what their predecessors have hidden down
below. If my luck holds, I should be able to slip in and out with a few borrowed items.

Seventeen Days Ago:
Tomorrow evening I return to the prison. It is imperative the Way does not finish. My caution has already cost me too much time. I am not sure what will happen if I am too late, but if my theory is right, the entire town could be at risk. I don’t have time to update my will, so I’ll leave this in the chest where it’ll be sure to be found, should the worst come to pass.

Rikki searches his memory to see if he knows anything about the Whispering Way or Harrowstone.
Jericho can do the same. Its either Knowledge (History) or Knowledge (Local) for Harrowstone, and Knowledge (Arcana) or Knowledge (Religion) for the Whispering Way.

Know (History): [roll0]
Know (Religion): [roll1]

pikkon990
2013-12-13, 06:37 AM
my oh my the secrets you hold, professor. Jericho said silently, loud enough only rikki could here.

He takes a moment to try and recall the whispering way and harrowstone

arcana check. Only one I'm Trained In
[roll0]
Sensing rikki looking, Jericho snaps the journal shut and passes it to him

his latest adventure seems to have been fairly localhe whispered yet again

Kendra. If i may ask, what was your fathers cause of death?

DemonKnight1434
2013-12-15, 08:33 PM
Bitters poundered the idea of working for some one once more then decieded

i would like to know where i have to go for that job and could you help me land it please

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-15, 10:21 PM
Rikki

Rikki read the entries carefully, then handed them to the others so they could read them. "I believe, since we are all friends of the professor, that this will interest all of us. Read the entries circled in red."

To Jericho Rikki whispered back. "But do these secrets belong to the professor? Something here feels amiss."

pikkon990
2013-12-17, 10:10 AM
what do you mean? do you think this journal is a forgery? jericho responds.

once the journal returned to him, he began to take a closer look at it

detect forgery. linguistics [roll0]

anyone else interested in the circled entrys? he asked

DemonKnight1434
2013-12-17, 11:06 AM
No no i just want to start working i am getting rather bored and when things get boring for me stuff starts to happen badly

She still was trying to get info on this so called alchemist where they are to go greet them. resting was not really a option for her right now burning the late night oil she seemed to want to do anyway Of course she would get her 8 hours of rest only when she needed to of course.

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-18, 10:29 PM
Rikki

"I just meant that he seemed to be examining something in town, so that the secrets he discovered didn't belong to him, but to whatever he had figured out. I guess."

Kendra

"Understand, little goblin, no one n town likes outsiders. I can convince her to give you a shot, but you'll have to be willing to demonstrate exceptional capabilities when it comes to alchemy, or to impress her on a personal level. She normally won't even sell potions to out-of-towners." She turns to Jericho. "While he was exploring these old ruins on the hill above town a statue fell of the building and hit him. We all know the place is haunted, so at least it wasn't the ghosts that got him."

pikkon990
2013-12-20, 07:28 AM
interesting. jericho says.

well, if the professor believed something was afoot, i for one think it must be important.

his journal was marked to be read with entries clearly marked. i believe he wanted us to look into it while we reside in town. or perhaps, is the reason he wanted us to remain in town.

Jericho sets his cup of tea down and stands up.

I for one want a closer look at the ruins. who's coming with me?

DemonKnight1434
2013-12-20, 02:27 PM
bitters ears perked up at the sound of travel she was not really interested in going any place right now more to work.

"no im good i would like to get a move on and meet a fellow coworker its pretty hard to make a living for what i am. if i can make some coin for a moment before it all crashes down on me then that is what i will do besides the place is not going away any time soon its called a ruin for a reason

she was pretty set on going to meet the crazy alchemist today

pikkon990
2013-12-20, 05:36 PM
as you were then, my goblin friend. Rosetta, what of you? Do you want to be just left alone, or would you like to come along to the ruins? Rikki? "you seemed mildly interested. Will you be tagging along?

Kendra, m ' dear, is there anything you need before we depart? And would you mind taking bitters to see the alchemist before she" flips a lid", so to spea?

Madeshi
2013-12-20, 06:56 PM
"I would gladly take the attic, and once I put my things in there I will come along with you." She speaks while looking at all of them and standing up while picking a few things up from where she set them. She starts walking towards Kendra assuming that she will show her to her room.

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-20, 11:10 PM
Rikki

"I'll go with you, Jericho. Might as well take a look, and maybe we'll learn something."

DM

Jericho sees that the journal, as well as the circled entries are both written by the professor.

He also knows quite a bit about the Whispering Way.
Knowledge check results
The Whispering Way is a sinister organization of necromancers that has been active in the Inner Sea region for thousands of years. Agents of the Whispering Way often seek alliances with undead creatures, or are themselves
undead. The Whispering Way’s most notorious member was Tar-Baphon, the Whispering Tyrant, although the society itself has existed much longer than even that mighty necromancer. The Whispering Way itself is a series of
philosophies that can only be transferred via whispers— the philosophies are never written or spoken of loudly, making the exact goals and nature of the secretive philosophy difficult for outsiders to learn much about.

For Harrowstone Rikki knows Harrowstone is a ruined prison—partially destroyed by a fire in 4661, the building has stood vacant ever since. The locals suspect that it’s haunted, and don’t enjoy speaking of the place. Harrowstone was built in 4594. Ravengro was founded at the same time as a place where guards and their families could live and that would produce food and other supplies used by the prison. The fire that killed all of the prisoners and most of the guards destroyed a large portion of the prison’s underground eastern wing, but left most of the stone structure above relatively intact. The prison’s warden perished in the fire, along with his wife, although no one knows why she was in the prison when the fire occurred. A statue commemorating the warden and the guards who lost their lives was built in the months after the tragedy—that statue still stands on the riverbank just outside of town.

Everyone
To save in game time I'm just going to assume that Jericho and Rikki tells everyone what they knows. Everybody make checks for Harrowstone and the Whispering Way. For Harrowstone it is a Knowledge (History) or Knowledge (Local), for the Whispering Way its a Knowledge (Arcana) or (Religion). In the future you can find different areas to research these topics further that wll give you a chance to reroll the knowledge check and make a higher version if your untrained. You get experience for the checks, but I'll wait till everyone has made them before calculating it.

First Kendra shows Rossetta where to go to put her stuff down, then she comes back. "Okay, Bitter Sweet, let's go." They walk out into town.

Bitter Sweet
Kendra leads Bitter Sweet through town, back the way they came, to the town square where the gazebo stands, and the old dog remains apparently sleeping. He eyes Bitter Sweet's dog suspiciously, though. As they approach a store with a sign that reads "Jominda's Apothecary" Bitter Sweet notices something odd. A group of five young girls are playing a game where one jumps over a rope that two of the girls swing in a wide arch regularly, so that the rope makes a striking sound in a steady rhythm. The girls also seem to sing a verse of a song while they jump over the rope. As Bitter Sweet gets closer she hears what they're singing. The first girl sings, "Put her body on the bed. Take a knife and lop her head." Then jumps out of the center, with a girl immediately jumping in after her, perfectly timing it so that neither miss a beat of the rope. The next girl sings "Watch the blood come out the pipe. Feeds the stirge, so nice and ripe." And again they switch, again with perfect timing. The girls swinging the rope switch places with the girls that were simply watching, all the while the rope does not skip even a single beat. "Drops of red so sparkly bright. Splatters spell her name just right. With a hammer killed his wife. Now he wants to claim your life. Tricksy father tells a lie. Listen close or you will die." They continue, changing places after every line. It strikes Bitter Sweet that for a kid's game this is extremely well choreographed.

Rikki, Jericho, Rossetta
Kendra tells them before they leave. "I don't need anything else at the moment, I'll just go show Bitter Sweet where the alchemist's store is. Be careful, though, if your going up to Harrowstone. Its not safe." The group go down the road from Kendra's house, in the opposite direction of Bitter Sweet and Kendra. The walk down a short ways, seeing the ruined building rise before them on a hill. It almost appears, for just a brief second, as if they building itself is glaring at them. Before they left Rikki untied his horse, and the Tatsumaki walks along side of them now. As they near the building the land starts to rise in a gradual hill, and the building, along with its ruined walls, looms largely in front of them. As they approach they come to a sagging wood and metal gate set between a pair of stone
guard towers that once barred entrance into Harrowstone, but the gates now hang negligently open, creaking softly in what wind touches the ruined bars.

Madeshi
2013-12-22, 01:29 PM
Rosetta looks at the open gate, starts to walk toward it with her curiosity kicking in but she is still being very cautious and looking around everywhere. She looks behind her to make sure that the two of them are following behind her before she actually goes inside once she looks behind her she says "You two coming with or you just gonna stand there in a daze"

Knowledge Arcana [roll0] +4=23

pikkon990
2013-12-23, 10:30 AM
Jericho follows Rosetta up towards the gate, looking around for anything moving or suspicious. After all, the denizens of the town don't like this place. It's not likely they would be up here.

lead the way Rosetta Jericho says

perception [roll0]

DemonKnight1434
2013-12-27, 08:29 PM
Bitters listens to what the little girls say and take it in. To her it was a interesting tune but she is interested in doing what the little girls are doing with out any pause she jumps in between the rope and trys to copy what the girls jumping was.

She of course has her own little song with her that she starts singing in her head.

I'm waking up to ash and dust
I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust
I'm breathing in the chemicals

I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus
This is it, the apocalypse

(lyrics by Imagine dragons)

Acrobatics [roll0]

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-28, 11:16 PM
Rikki
Rikki follows after Rossetta, leading Tatsumaki through after them. He keeps his hand by his Katana, waiting to see if any danger comes out after them.

AaronGrimstone
2013-12-28, 11:22 PM
The Explorer's

As the group moves past the broken gate, Rossetta, far quicker than her companions who are weighed down by their armor. She takes one step through the gates and immediately feels a disconcerting incredibly pervasive sense of claustrophobia engulf her. For a split second it feels as if her skin is on fire.

Rossetta's Will Save [roll0]

The feeling overwhelms Rossetta almost completely and even after it fades, which it does so almost immediately she finds herself shivering from fear, shaken badly.

Sorry Shelly, Rossetta is Shaken for five minutes in-game

Neither Jericho or Rikki feel anything, and are able to cast their gaze over the grounds spread out before them. A dirt road leads to the dilapidated front door of Harrowstone, with a tree in the middle of the road, and a small house just off the path. On the wall both Jericho and Rikki can see two towers jutting out of the top of the wall, observation towers set to keep on eye on the grounds from afar. Jericho notices that one of the towers is host to hundreds of small rats, their eyes fixed on the group, but otherwise silent. Nothing else about the immediate grounds catches the keen eye of Jericho, though, except that small house, probably the prison warden's old house, looks incredibly broken down and highly unsafe.

Bitter Sweet
Bitter Sweet jumps into the girl's game with enthusiastic zeal, acting as much like a little kid as the little kids themselves. At first they're shocked by this, but Bitter Sweet's ability to make each jump perfectly, and the fact that she manages to keep good time with their song enchants the girls to Bitter Sweet. They laugh and keep playing with her for a little while. Then the girls wind down the game, tired from the jumping. Bitter Sweet notices how easy it feels to keep time, almost as if some outside force was keeping her from stepping out of time of the girl's song, but as they stop playing the feeling fades. The girls gather around Bitter Sweet. "That was fun!" One of them says. "You jump really well!" Another one says. They seem to have taken a powerful liking to Bitter Sweet.

Kendra smiles as she watches them interact, and some of the other villagers smile slightly seeing Bitter Sweet get along so well with their children.

pikkon990
2013-12-29, 06:46 AM
there's vermin amidst. Might I suggest the small house first? Seems like we could examine it fairly quickly. Jericho says.

DemonKnight1434
2014-01-01, 09:11 PM
Bitters takes a bow in front of the crowd smiling at the little girls that she was just playing with. after that she then turns around walking back to the reason why she came to this side of the village to begin with. waiting for Kendra to open the alchemist lab so she can follow her in.

With some energy spent that was sorta fun we can continue to see about the job here right?

Madeshi
2014-01-02, 07:40 PM
Rosetta kinda just lays there trying her hardest to look around to find the people that were with her to see if one of them is watching.

AaronGrimstone
2014-01-06, 02:10 AM
The Manor
Rikki agrees with Jericho and they begin to search the house.

Perception, Jericho: [roll0]
Perception, Rikki: [roll1]

As the pair near the house Jericho notices immediately that the house is dangerously unstable, exploring it would likely lead to parts of the house collapsing. Neither of them notice Rossetta's strange reaction, but as they explore the area Rossetta recovers.

Bitter Sweet

The door is open, so there is no need to wait for Kendra to open the door. Inside Bitter Sweet sees a store well stocked in all kinds of herbs, and even simple alchemical items done the shelfs. Across the room a young woman sits by a counter-top leaning over various concoctions. She turns, frowning distrustfully at Bitter Sweet, but smiles at Kendra. "Hello, Kendra, what do you need today?"

Kendra smiles back at the woman. "This young goblin would like to help at the shop, Jominda."

Jominda immediately shakes her head. "NO, there is No way that I'm letting a stranger work with me. These are some dangerous substances and an out of towner is not going to have our best interests at heart." Kendra does not give up, though, and keeps trying to convince the woman. Eventually Jominda throws her hands up in surrender.

"Fine! I'll think about it...IF she can prove that she's useful." Jominda gestures at the various alchemical items in the shop.

Bruce, roll Craft: Alchemy

DemonKnight1434
2014-01-06, 08:12 PM
[roll0] Alchemy check

With out speaking she stepped over to the chemicals and started to work while examining some of the stuff she then spoke "any request in particular you want me to make?"

She began sloshing some things together and make a few items was hoping not only to make a health potion but also a few things of acid and oil just depending on the time she gave as well as if she was going to pass or not.

one could hope but it was still early maybe she wanted something different to be made it was of course there matrials she was just applying for the job for now.

Madeshi
2014-01-13, 12:30 PM
Rosetta gets up and looks over at those two and glares at them. She starts to yell at them, "did you really not see me there yelling at the two of you?" "Whatever its over with now," as she flings her hand in a whatever motion. She starts to follow them as well as being cautious while wondering who did that to her.

[roll0] perception