PDA

View Full Version : Are natural attacks light weapons?

bekeleven
2013-10-31, 12:16 AM
I'm looking into buying a necklace of natural attacks with the Morphing weapon special ability on it. I know that unarmed strikes are considered light weapon-equivalent, but don't know of any ruling re: natural attacks. Could I turn tentacles into daggers, or greatswords?

For reference: Morphing lets you turn any melee weapon into another with the same size/type.

Ravens_cry
2013-10-31, 12:38 AM
I know in Pathfinder the answer is 'yes', though the combination here makes for a rather strange mental image, but strict 3.X?

TuggyNE
2013-10-31, 01:16 AM
I'm looking into buying a necklace of natural attacks with the Morphing weapon special ability on it. I know that unarmed strikes are considered light weapon-equivalent, but don't know of any ruling re: natural attacks.

Natural weapons are always considered light weapons.

There you have it.

Ravens_cry
2013-10-31, 01:20 AM
There you have it.
Well, there you go.
Certainly creates a weird mental image when your claws start biting people.

Coidzor
2013-10-31, 01:25 AM
Well, there you go.

Isn't that sort of the idea behind the Ozodrin?

Barnabus
2013-10-31, 01:30 AM
Well, there you go.

Slap this on a master transmogrifist to simply make the most confusing creature ever conceived. The STARBURSTS will hit like SKITTLES and the SKITTLES will hit like NERDS and the BITE ATTACKS will hit like SHIELD BASHES.

bekeleven
2013-10-31, 01:30 AM
Well, there you go.

The example given in the book for the necklace is applying "throwing" and "returning" to your natural weapons. So I didn't star this fire.

Bonus question: JaronK wrote in his shuriken guide: "A unique weapon, but MIC lets you put those enchantments on other types of weapons." Can anybody locate the page where this is discussed?

Well, there you go.

Or, turn your secondary bite into a claw, so that you have three primary attacks.

Coidzor
2013-10-31, 01:35 AM
Slap this on a master transmogrifist to simply make the most confusing creature ever conceived. The STARBURSTS will hit like SKITTLES and the SKITTLES will hit like NERDS and the BITE ATTACKS will hit like SHIELD BASHES.

I like the cut of your jib. :smallamused:

Ravens_cry
2013-10-31, 01:42 AM
The example given in the book for the necklace is applying "throwing" and "returning" to your natural weapons. So I didn't star this fire.

Oh, I know. It's even more fun when you consider that you don't have to add returning.
I was just thinking of Beast Wars' Megatron and how his T-Rex head went to one arm. Yehessss . . .:smallamused: