PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural Ability

Thrawn183
2007-01-06, 03:10 PM
I understand that a supernatural ability, unless stated otherwise, is a standard action right? My question is how this applies to the Ragewalker from MM III and its Induce Blood Frenzy. The ability as described seems like an aura that is constantly active: would you rule that it would work if a ragewalker just ran through the middle of a group? How would you describe this working? (I'm trying to avoid violating open game content rules with this thread, pls delete if it is inappropriate)

BCOVertigo
2007-01-06, 03:25 PM
Most auras, like a dragon's aura of fear, are constant but can be suppressed at will. I assume this ability functions the same way so just have the characters in question make saves as soon as they enter the area of effect.

Thrawn183
2007-01-06, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I looked at the suggested tactics for the ragewalker and I realized that it says to use a quickened spell-like ability and two move actions the first round to expose people to the rage thingie. Therefor, I'm going to go with it doesn't require an action to activate it. I guess I can let this thread die now :smalleek: .