PDA

View Full Version : Dread Necromancer/Divine build.

Dark Kerman
2013-10-31, 06:37 AM
Hey all,

I'm currently playing a Dread Necromancer, level 8 and due to various RP reasons, I'd like to multiclass into a Divine magic class

Effectively, my character has always been ferociously religious and faithful to her god, having grown up in her church. However, due to her knack for it, she was trained in necromancy. In the campaign however, she's just met her god, and I think this would be a really good time to give her a bit of divine magic

I was wondering if there was any (non-cheesy) way to get her into something like Favoured Soul or Cleric without hampering her?

(Btw, here's the character sheet for those interested http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=471264)

Thanatosia
2013-10-31, 07:10 AM
THe correct answer RP-wise is of course Favored Soul going into True Necromancer. Unfortunately, this is a complete and utter ruination of the character mechanically. You'll be bleeding so many Caster Levels going down that path that, as the Necromancer's Handbook is gleeful in pointing out, your Party Fighter will be a better NEcromancer then you at that point by just taking the leadership feat and selecting a necromancer Cohort - his cohort will have a higher caster level then you will once you've stunted your growth to the extent True Necromancer will.

Going a generic Mystic Thurge is a little better, but not much... as you've already sunk 8 levels into Dread Necro, it's a bit late to get anything useful out of any Thurge progression really.

I don't think there is any good way to give your character a divine casting progression without breaking the character mechanically, except somehow getting approval from your DM to retroactively gestalt your character.

Pilo
2013-10-31, 07:20 AM
Why not just take the True Believer feat (Complete divine)?
There is also an other feat related to faith, which give you no real benefits but allow to accumulate faith points, but I don't remember the name.

Rebel7284
2013-10-31, 08:52 AM
Rainbow Servant?

Segev
2013-10-31, 09:25 AM
If your alignment (or a re-fluff of the class) will allow Rainbow Servant, it would be a very powerful way to go and fitting with your flavor. The alternative is to re-fluff Ur Priest: You've met your deity, and have been taught the underpinnings of divine magic and how they tie to your methods of natural talent. You are not stealing without permission, but have been given guidance as to HOW to take the spells you want with your god's blessing.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-10-31, 09:36 AM
Arcane Devotee (PGtF)?

Its fluff is pretty much "I'm a loyal servitor of my god, I devote myself to thee". Requires Enlarge Spell, and progresses arcane spellcasting 5/5 levels.