PDA

View Full Version : Mutants & Masterminds

Volcan
2013-10-31, 08:26 AM
HELLO PEOPLE

i have the second edition mutants and masterminds book lying around and i want to play it. Ive played it a few times already but not enough. Its so cool i mean a super hero RPG EPIC!!!

maybe a play by post or just to talk about it with me.

Beleriphon
2013-10-31, 08:08 PM
HELLO PEOPLE

i have the second edition mutants and masterminds book lying around and i want to play it. Ive played it a few times already but not enough. Its so cool i mean a super hero RPG EPIC!!!

maybe a play by post or just to talk about it with me.

Yes, Mutants and Masterminds is pretty awesome. That being said, and not to denigrate our residents, but atomicthinktank.com is more awesome for discussion of Mutants and Mastermind largely because it is Green Ronin's official site.. If nothing else you can check out the Roll Call section and see thousands builds in both second and third edition.

Volcan
2013-11-01, 02:46 PM
HERE!! i want to talk here

Beleriphon
2013-11-01, 08:33 PM

That's cool. Did you have any specific questions regarding the game? Any comments that you'd like to share? I agree with you, it is a dang fun game.

Jlerpy
2013-11-08, 08:51 PM

Did you have a bad experience over at the Thinktank, or do you just love it here?

Volcan
2013-11-11, 06:04 PM
i just love it here

DreganHiregard
2013-11-11, 06:08 PM
Hey! wow I just happened to have started running a M&M 2nd edition game for my players in perosn a few weeks ago, so I'm also super pumped. This is one of the most flexible systems ever and not just for supers!

You can use it for any kind of setting any kind of game. The one I'm running is set in the pokemon world, everyone has summons and minions and devices that are pokeballs and potions, And it works amazingly well! I've also used it to run a Exlated/high level dnd style campaign, AND four completly different supers games! I have never found anything the system cant cover

Volcan
2013-11-11, 06:08 PM
uuh not really i dont really have any specific questions i just like the game ive made like 40 characters (not Literrally)

Volcan
2013-11-11, 06:17 PM
wow i missed your post u seem enthuseastic (sorry for my bad spelling) i love it i love m&m

DreganHiregard
2013-11-11, 06:22 PM
Heh, I know the feeling of sitting down and being so excited you make WAY more sheets then you'll ever use. I'm lucky I GM so I can at least use a lot of them. It's just such an amazing system, and so flexible. One of my players needed me to make his sheet because he can never settle on just 1 idea for more than 5 seconds. The rest of my players are really taking well to it and I find the combat flows much nicer than 3.P.

Volcan
2013-11-11, 06:24 PM
I sent u a private message u should check it out

Jlerpy
2013-11-11, 07:03 PM
It's a fun system to just whip up characters in. :)
I amused myself a while ago by rolling up random characters in Heroes Unlimited, then building them in M&M.

The one time I ran it, it was a one-shot taster game and I used 3 of those converted characters as the PCs.
Sadly, the part of the game that was received best was the way I used cookies as Hero Points.

Volcan
2013-11-11, 07:07 PM
Unnnh that's sad but yea making all those characters would be fun

Volcan
2013-11-11, 07:35 PM
Jlerpy u could help me and dregenhiregard with an m&m world we are making keep your eyes out on the world building thread

prufock
2013-11-12, 09:47 PM
I love M&M, currently using 3rd edition and it's awesome. Well-balanced (comparatively), flexible enough to do just about anything, and not overly-complicated (though some things are pretty subtle, especially to a newcomer).

I've run 4 different M&M games, and played in one other.

League of Hope - PL 8 superhero tryouts for a Big League hero team.
M.E.T.A. (Mutation, Enhancement, and Technology Authority) - PL 10 Government-run superhuman enforcement squad taking down anti-mutant shadow syndicates.
The Infinites - PL 12 world-protectors saving the earth from portals to mythological realms.
The Normals - Currently running, the players have created themselves as PL 2 mundanes, I add 60 points of semi-randomly assigned themed power suites, up to PL 6. Sandboxy.
Champions - As a player, PL 10 game of taking down a criminal mastermind trying to kidnap an entire city using a space station tractor beam.

Jlerpy
2013-11-12, 11:17 PM
Jlerpy u could help me and dregenhiregard with an m&m world we are making keep your eyes out on the world building thread

I don't see it. Have you started it yet?

Volcan
2013-11-13, 03:55 PM
we have not and i dont think we will dregenhiregard cant really do it so yea but maybe the 2 of us could do it together?