PDA

View Full Version : Supply an extra-planar base cheaply.

qwertyu63
2013-10-31, 08:40 AM
Alright, I have (as part of a character background) built a small base on the plane of positive energy. Via a homebrew magic item, those within the base can survive on the plane just fine. The problem comes with supplies. I need nothing more then the basics, quality is not an issue. But I don't have a lot of money left. I have 1,935 gp of my WBL left, but I have a scroll of raise dead I can get rid of to regain 6,125 gp spent on it, for a total fund of 8,060 gp. Now then, I can just plane shift in and out to buy supplies (and I will do that if all else fails), but is there any way to supply food and water to a group (assume 4 people, but more is better) for extended periods (preferably forever) on that budget?

skyth
2013-10-31, 08:41 AM
Do you have a cleric? Create food and water will do it :)

Red Fel
2013-10-31, 08:49 AM
Pay a visit to the Tippyverse, and get a resetting Create Food and Water magic trap. Or a Spell Clock that does the same thing once every 3-6 hours or so. Clock goes off, it's meal time!

Demonic_Spoon
2013-10-31, 08:59 AM
Sustaining Spoon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#sustainingSpoon)

Field Provisions Box from MIC, somehow cheaper and more effective than the sustaining spoon.

qwertyu63
2013-10-31, 09:01 AM
Do you have a cleric? Create food and water will do it :)

Sadly, a cleric is not available.

Pay a visit to the Tippyverse, and get a resetting Create Food and Water magic trap. Or a Spell Clock that does the same thing once every 3-6 hours or so. Clock goes off, it's meal time!

Eh, the trap-building rules are too cheesy for my tastes. As is... anything inspired by the Tippyverse, honestly.

It also occurs to me that buying 4 sets of Everlasting Rations/Everful Mugs would clock in at 2,200 gp, well under my budget. That's the new plan B.

Also, slightly off topic, but disposal. How can I get rid of garbage and waste? I can just throw stuff outside, but I would rather have some way that doesn't make a mess of the plane.

Emperor Tippy
2013-10-31, 09:03 AM
Planar Bind a Mirror Mephit and have it create a Simulacrum of an Efreeti that will Wish you up three square meals per day.

---
Once faced a BBEG who proved his power by binding 365 Pit Fiends and had them Wish up his dinner every day.

Demonic_Spoon
2013-10-31, 09:06 AM
Also, slightly off topic, but disposal. How can I get rid of garbage and waste? I can just throw stuff outside, but I would rather have some way that doesn't make a mess of the plane.

Bag of Devouring, disintegration, Sphere of Annihilation, interplanar ring gate to a plane that you wouldn't mind messing up(Prime Material?), have summoned creatures eat the waste.

qwertyu63
2013-10-31, 09:07 AM
Planar Bind a Mirror Mephit and have it create a Simulacrum of an Efreeti that will Wish you up three square meals per day.

---
Once faced a BBEG who proved his power by binding 365 Pit Fiends and had them Wish up his dinner every day.

And the king of cheese emerges. Sadly, Planar Binding is beyond my abilities. I am a 16th level character with no spellcasting (homebrew class).

That BBEG sounds awesome though.

Bag of Devouring, disintegration, Sphere of Annihilation, interplanar ring gate to a plane that you wouldn't mind messing up(Prime Material?), have summoned creatures eat the waste.

Noticing your prior post post, the Field Provisions Box fits the bill perfectly. Thank you on that note. On to this post:

Sadly, most of those exceed my budget or can't be bought. A summoned creature merely has the issue of getting one.

Emperor Tippy
2013-10-31, 09:16 AM
That BBEG sounds awesome though.
He dressed them in french maid outfits and had them cleaning his palace. He also liked to delight in pointing out just who each Pit Fiend was "Oh that one used to serve as one of Bel's elite guard." and the like.

The bidding war between the Archdukes for his soul was epic. We made out like bandits.

Asrrin
2013-10-31, 10:44 AM
He dressed them in french maid outfits and had them cleaning his palace. He also liked to delight in pointing out just who each Pit Fiend was "Oh that one used to serve as one of Bel's elite guard." and the like.

The bidding war between the Archdukes for his soul was epic. We made out like bandits.

I have no words to express how awesome that is. Not only do you win at RAW D&D, you win at telling epic stories.