PDA

View Full Version : Under The Red Sky (Ern Vaikas IC)

Stormageddon
2013-10-31, 04:11 PM
This is your own IC please save this one. If you join a group this will still be here for you to make actions on your own.

It's morning the first time you step through the gates into the city of New Orcus through the north gate. The famed lights of New Orcus fill the red sky causing a beautiful show that you have never seen the likes of before. The dry ground of cracked earth crumbles beneath your boots.

The gate opens up into market where all manner of merchants are shouting out there goods for sale. The patrons of the market come in all shapes, sizes, and races. A Merchant caravan clangs by you as wagons with out horses pulling them passes by.

You spend some time talking to different people and you find out the following about what's happening in the city.

Keepers in the city are collecting bounties on creatures from the wilds.
The Ivory towers lord is about to marry an unknown lady.

A merchant was recently attacked on his travel to New Orcus and is looking for people to help reclaim lost goods.

The lord of the spiral tower’s daughter has not been seen in public in a long time.

The wardens are looking for help to get water to the farms surrounding new Orcus.

Recently a Orc (Orcs haven't been seen in 100 years) has been captured, and the Blackblades are looking for people to investigate.

mythmonster2
2013-10-31, 05:47 PM
Ern grumbles at the news of the orc.
Bad news... Bad, bad news. At least this one was caught, hopefully before it can do anything.

He thanks the person for the news and quickly sets out for the Blackblades to learn more.

Stormageddon
2013-11-01, 02:59 PM
With some checking around you are able to get directions to the Blackblades headquarters. It's an old brick building directly east of the Spiral Tower. Their is a staircase that leads up to a single entryway. All the windows of the building have bars covering them. No traffic is seen coming or going.

You walk up the stairs through the door to a small room with a couple of chairs in it. Their is a women sitting behind a steel barred cage working on paperwork She looks up at your approach.

"How can I help you?"

Sitting in a chair is a blonde female Halfling.

mythmonster2
2013-11-01, 03:30 PM
Ern looks around, noting the bars. Perhaps these Blackbades have made some enemies, he thought. He nods at the receptionist in acknowledgement and says,
Greetings. I come from out of the city, from the Order of the Keep. I have heard news that an orc has been captured here. Is there anyone I may speak with to learn more about it?

Stormageddon
2013-11-02, 07:28 PM
"Please have a seat someone will be with you in just a moment."

Here is the thread to your mission. An Old Enemy IC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16343804#post16343804)

mythmonster2
2013-12-09, 03:15 AM
After leaving the Blackblades with one of the weapons and one piece of ammunition, Ern immediately sets home. When he enters, if nobody meets him outside, he sets the weapon down near the entrance and goes to find somebody to ask about his mother.

Stormageddon
2013-12-10, 01:21 PM
No one greets you outside. You enter into the household to find your family in the living room. To your surprise there is a guest in the house. A Female human wearing orange robes with a red sun on the back indicating to you that she is of the order of clerics to the Lord.

Your sister gets up and wordlessly gives you a hug.

mythmonster2
2013-12-10, 04:24 PM
He returns the hug. After pulling back, he nods his head at the cleric in a show of respect, saying, "Greetings, ma'am. It is a stroke of fortune that you would be here, for I was intending on going to the temple soon."

Stormageddon
2013-12-11, 01:24 PM
"Is that right? What can the temple of the Lord do to earn for such an honor of your presence?"

mythmonster2
2013-12-11, 02:23 PM
"The Blackblades had told me that a cleric from your temple had come to their headquarters for assistance regarding the plague. Naturally, I had hoped to find out more."

Stormageddon
2013-12-12, 06:49 PM
".... It seems as though fates have worked to conspire to bind us together. The Lord does work in strange ways. I was just here to check on my patience. I believe her to be the original carrier of the disease. I believe now that the plague is of unnatural origins."

mythmonster2
2013-12-12, 11:30 PM
Surprised, Ern says, "Really? But if it was unnatural, and mother was the first victim, then that must mean someone targeted her... but why? Is there anything else you know about it?

Stormageddon
2013-12-13, 08:52 PM
Her smile smile spreads "I'm glad you are quick on the up take on how things are. If it's true that this plague is unnatural then it is likely that someone pacifically targeted her. Why indeed would someone target her? That's what I'm here to figure out."

Your sister jumps in "She was working at the Ivory tower before she got sick. Maybe she heard something."

mythmonster2
2013-12-14, 12:40 AM
Ern shakes his head and says, "By the gods, I hope that is not the case, or our leaders here are even worse than I believe. Still, though, going to the Ivory Tower may help, by talking to her coworkers or gathering information otherwise."

Stormageddon
2013-12-17, 02:37 AM
"That seems like it might lead to an answer to this riddle."

mythmonster2
2013-12-17, 06:01 AM
Ern stroked his beard before saying, "There was somebody who assisted me on my expedition. Two, actually, but one was... a bit disagreeable, and did not seem particularly interested in the plague. I believe one of them was planning on visiting the temple soon. She looked elvish, with blonde hair, and she was wearing leather armor last we met. If she should visit, it would be good to have her know, if she should choose to aid in this. The other, I will be meeting tomorrow at the Blackblades' headquarters, and I will inform her as well, for her to decide.

Stormageddon
2013-12-19, 03:08 AM
"If the Lord wills it; he will provide. Thank you sir for your help in this matter, but I must be going."

mythmonster2
2013-12-19, 10:22 PM
Ern again nods his head in a show of respect. "Thank you too, madam, and I wish you the best of luck in the future."

Stormageddon
2013-12-30, 01:49 AM
She gets up and leaves through the front door. Your family invites you to stay and have a meal with them.

mythmonster2
2013-12-30, 03:21 AM
Ern accepts and will have dinner with them, spending the night here again, if nothing else comes up.

Stormageddon
2013-12-31, 01:50 PM
You enjoy your time with family. You discover that your cousin has just had a baby. Dinner is a feast with wine, mutton, and all the fixings. You are having a great time when a knock comes from your front door.

You use this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16704487#post16704487)