PDA

View Full Version : Make me a god

YPU
2007-01-06, 05:58 PM
I am in need of a god/dess, a interesting god. Hey should either be good or neutral. Or he could cover all the alignments. I need a sing, something that once people know it instantly makes people think of the god/dess.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-01-06, 06:45 PM
If you're too lazy to do it yourself, no one is going to do it for you.

Eighth_Seraph
2007-01-06, 07:04 PM
I disagree in that regard. I've had to rely on the generosity and creativity of several members on these forums several times; mostly due me coming up blank on how to do something or a lack of appropriate sourcebooks. The_Demented_One, Iames Osari and Fax Celestis have been expecially helpful in the past and have (just between me and you) done some things that I was too lazy to do.

Unfortunately, YPU, I'm not very experienced or comfortable with making god/esses; but there a few people from the design competitions I'm sure could whip one up for you. Try PMing a few, see what they come up with.

P.S. Wizard's reaction may be due to you not being too familiar with the English language, since your request wasn't as subtle or elegant as people generally need to be when asking for something out of the goodness of peoples' hearts.

YPU
2007-01-06, 07:12 PM
Its not that I am lazy, I have made up quite some interesting deity’s. but none suits my current needs, so I was hoping to draft up on the creativity this forum brings forth. When it comes to a bit rude, well that might be true, it getting rather late here, and one in need of a bold answer states a bold question? If I have offended anybody I am sorry, my manners do go down with my stamina.

Collin152
2007-01-06, 07:17 PM
Xicron, God of Screwing you
Chaotic Neutral
Domains: Chaos, Trickery, Madness
Portfolio: Treason, betrayel, Practical Jokes

Xicron is more than just a trickster God; he's the God most likely to forget his followers. Evil or otherwise, he's the king. His followers typically use their spells to screw the general populace royally, and are thus frowned upon by most cultures, except during times of war.

The Demented One
2007-01-06, 07:51 PM
Anything in particular that you're looking for? I have an idea that's been rattling around in my head about a god based on the Comte de Saint-Germain, but I'm not sure if that'd suit your purposes.

Glooble Glistencrist
2007-01-06, 08:22 PM
My brother, who's favorite thing to do is make a mockery of the fairly serious games I try to run, invented his own diety named Captain Bob. Captain Bob was the God of Awesome. His Domains were Good and Luck (As in "Good Luck, you'll need it") And his favored weapons were the Gnome Hooked Hammer and the sap. He was usually depicted as a man with a cowboy hat and a cape, but in ancient texts sometimes appeared as a monkey with a beanie.

Eggman
2007-01-07, 12:16 AM
I can give you the information on a god-like super being in me and one of my friends campaign settings. Lots of back story aside, here goes....

Umdaridiel (Oom Dar I die L)
The Decietful Betrayer
This God-like superbeing was one of the first Drot'mach to be spawned. When the soul-fires swirled together to form this terrifying beast, the skies of Tyeorl became scorched red and black, heralding the eventual enslavement of all.

To the order of holy warriors that serve Umdaridiel he is a benevolent God, for what else could he be? All of Tyeorl, the renewing heaven, prospers because of him. Truthfully he is a treacherous and decietful creature. When he first discovered his powers to snuff out and devour life in the undying land of Tyeorl, millions where wiped out or absorbed into his being. Over time his power grew beyond all other Drot'machi Lords, and was able to bend them all to his will.

To serve Umdaridiel is to devote your life to chaos, and send it spiraling downward into either destruction or servitude.

Medium Drot'mach Lord

Hit Dice: 40d10 + 800 (1200)

Initiative: 12

Speed: 60ft

Armor Class: 49 (59) = 10 + 17(+9 fullplate) + 12(dex) + 10(natural)

Base Attack: +40

Attack: +64 (74) (2d6+3+20(str)+3d6(fire)+3d6(chaotic)+1 neg level)(+10)

Full Attack: 64/64/59/54/49/44 (74/74/69/64/59/54) (2d6+3+20(str)+3d6(fire)+3d6(chaotic)+1 neg level)(+10)

Space/reach: 5ft/5ft

Special Attacks: Annihilating Strike, Tear the Soul.

Special Qualities: Drot'mach qualities, Arcane Mastery, Magic Wrought, Spontaneous Spells, DR 15/epic, SR 30, Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricty resistance 20.

Saves: Fort +60 Will +47 Ref +52

Abilities: Str 50, Dex 33, Con 50, Int 25, Wis 25, Cha 30

Feats: Monkey Grip, Supreme Initiative, Weapon Focus, improved initiative, Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Sudden Maximize, Sudden Empower, Endurance, Diehard, Dodge, Improved critical.

Environment: Cold Mountainous or Tyeorl

Organization: Solitary

Challenge Rating:

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Equipment: Casing of the Firesouled, Fury of Tyeorl, Visage of Immortality

Tear the Soul
3 times a day Umdaridiel can attempt a touch attack. If this attack hits the target must make a DC 15+creatures HD Will save or have their soul ripped from their body. Upon doing this Umdaridiel can either trap the soul or devour it. If the soul is devoured Umdaridiel gains +5 to all mind ability scores and a +10 insight bonus to hit and damage for 1d10+10 rounds.

Spontaneous Spells
This ability works like a cleric’s ability to cast cure spells spontaneously, except that it applies to wizard spells.

Magic Wrought
For the purposes of casting spells Umdaridiel is treated as a sorcerer of 30th level.

Annihilating Strike
When Umdaridiel strikes with a weapon or natural weapon, the opponent struck might be obliterated. Creatures, attended objects, and magic items must make Fortitude saves (DC 30) or be reduced to -10 hit points and killed outright. Unattended, nonmagical objects are obliterated. Only those with Warding of Graskanor subtype or divinity are not affected.

Arcane Mastery
This ability gives Umdaridiel access to every spell on the sorcerer/wizard spell list, and can invent new sorcerer/wizard spells without researching them.

Portfolio
Umdaridiel can use thse spells and abilities whenever he wants unless otherwise noted.

Chaos Domain
Granted Power

Umdaridiel casts chaos spells at +1 caster level.
Chaos Domain Spells
1. Protection from Law: +2 to AC and saves, counter mind control, hedge out elementals and outsiders.
2. Shatter: Sonic vibration damages objects or crystalline creatures.
3. Magic Circle against Law: As protection spells, but 10-ft. radius and 10 min./level.
4. Chaos Hammer: Damages and staggers lawful creatures.
5. Dispel Law: +4 bonus against attacks by lawful creatures.
6. Animate Objects: Objects attack your foes.
7. Word of Chaos: Kills, confuses, stuns, or deafens nonchaotic subjects.
8. Cloak of Chaos F: +4 to AC, +4 resistance, SR 25 against lawful spells.
9. Summon Monster IX*: Calls extraplanar creature to fight for you.

*Cast as a chaos spell only.

Trickery Domain
Granted Power

Add Bluff, Disguise, and Hide to list of cleric class skills.
Trickery Domain Spells

1. Disguise Self: Disguise own appearance.
2. Invisibility: Subject invisible 1 min./level or until it attacks.
3. Nondetection M: Hides subject from divination, scrying.
4. Confusion: Subjects behave oddly for 1 round/level.
5. False Vision M: Fools scrying with an illusion.
6. Mislead: Turns you invisible and creates illusory double.
7. Screen: Illusion hides area from vision, scrying.
8. Polymorph Any Object: Changes any subject into anything else.
9. Time Stop: You act freely for 1d4+1 rounds.

Destruction Domain
Granted Power

Umdaridiel gain the smite power, the supernatural ability to make a single melee attack with a +4 bonus on attack rolls and a bonus on damage rolls equal to half his HD (if hit). You must declare the smite before making the attack. This ability is usable once per day.
Destruction Domain Spells

1. Inflict Light Wounds: Touch attack, 1d8 damage +1/level (max +5).
2. Shatter: Sonic vibration damages objects or crystalline creatures.
3. Contagion: Infects subject with chosen disease.
4. Inflict Critical Wounds: Touch attack, 4d8 damage +1/level (max +20).
5. Inflict Light Wounds, Mass: Deals 1d8 damage +1/level to any creatures.
6. Harm: Deals 10 points/level damage to target.
7. Disintegrate: Makes one creature or object vanish.
8. Earthquake: Intense tremor shakes 80-ft.-radius.
9. Implosion: Kills one creature/round.

Casing of the Firesouled
This fullplate was forged mellennia ago for Umdaridiel. It was forged and crafted directly onto his skin, in an archaic ritual that bound the two together. It is very form fitting and made of a tarnished metal of golden hue, with exagerated joints and clawed fingers and toes.

+9 Fullplate
+10 Strength
+10 Constitution

Binding of the one and one
Casing of the Firesouled provides no max dex penalties.

Flame of Desecration
At will Umdaridiel can fly into a chaotic rage that superheats the armor. This effect makes the armor burn black and take on a molten brimstone state. While in this form the features of the armor twist and become a mockery of the beauty it was before the transformation. From his back sprout two wings wrought of flames.

- Immunity to fire
- Fly speed 120' (perfect)
- +10 deflection bonus to AC
- Any creature within 10 feet of Umdaridiel while in this state takes 2d6+5 fire damage
- +10 divine bonus to attack and damage rolls.

Fury of Tyeorl
+3 Speed, Anarchic power, Fiery Blast, Keen, Wounding Greatsword

Visage of Immortality
This magical helm was created the same way the Casing of the Firesouled was. It is a form fitting mask like helmet that appears to be an angel face.

- True Seeing
- All those who look upon Umdaridiel must make a DC 21 Will save or be permanently Dominated. If the save is made the affected creature can no longer be dominated by Umdaridiel.

YPU
2007-01-07, 05:02 AM
Anything in particular that you're looking for? I have an idea that's been rattling around in my head about a god based on the Comte de Saint-Germain, but I'm not sure if that'd suit your purposes.
Jup, it would seem a good idea to elaborate a bit. This is actually for a larp, a DnD based larp. In this larp I am going to play a priest. But since the game masterres wants to give the players space she has decided not to give any gods and let us invent our own. So now I am sort of a rebel without a cause, I’m a priest without a god. And considering how creative tings can get down here I thought in time there would certainly pop up something good. So, this might be a god that does not work well in dnd, or it might even be a hole pantheon.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-01-07, 10:05 AM
Feel free to try any of these on for size:
Harkatottom (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=479625)
Karibbi (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?p=7832075)
Lamentea (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=507681)

mikeejimbo
2007-01-07, 02:14 PM
Worship yourself and be a priest of yourself.

YPU
2007-01-07, 02:37 PM
Worship yourself and be a priest of yourself.
Although its possible, I’m sure the game masters would allow it. (seeing how once a archmage had a cult of priests) but I would try to gain some believers, I’m not a very imposing person it would take quite some currency to persuade somebody to worship me.
Vorpal, a deity of dreams would seem quite interesting. Karibbi dream father/mother, I like that.

Iituem
2007-01-07, 08:09 PM
Argentarius, Patron Deity of Accountants (Demigod Rank 3)

Portfolio: Trade, Usury - Clerics gain access to the Artifice and Travel domains

A relatively minor deity in the pantheon, Argentarius is lawful neutral and is commonly known as the Silver Coin, the Banker of the Heavens and the Usurer. He manages the great treasures of the other gods and encourages his followers to learn from his teachings and so obtain profit and security for themselves. His cult is a small but influential one and his priests run their chapters like a business, charging carefully calculated fees for services and offering training and blessings in return for suitable favours. Most followers of the Usurer are looking for profit, or simply to secure their savings. When necessary, the dagger is Argentarius' favoured weapon, although his priesthood are encouraged to negotiate their way out of difficulties where possible.

Craftsman's Blessing
Transmutation
Level: Clr 1, Trade 1, Wiz/Sor 1
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 24 hours
Saving Throw: Will Negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes

The subject gets a +10 competence bonus to a specific Craft or Profession of your choice.

Material Component: A small paper coin, to be placed on the tongue of the beneficiary.