PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder - Rise of the Rule Lords Question

Splendor
2013-10-31, 07:17 PM
Hey,

The Minor Runewell the PCs first run into is a minor artifact. I know if says it can be destroyed by filling it with holy water and bringing it to a boil. But could you just use a pick and destroy it? Are they immune to damage? Can they be broken but just easily repaired? Self repairing?

-Since the minor rune well weighs 900lbs. I am looking to break it up and take the pieces back to town and then destroy later when I have the money. The books says it has to be filled with holy water and then set to a boil for 24 hours.
-The well is 3' deep (and I am guessing 1.5' in radius) would give it an internal volume of 21.22 cubic feet. So I would need 185.7 gallons of holy water, thats 1485.6 pints of holy water at 25gp per pint is.... 37140gp. Crap.
-Maybe I don't have to fill it all the way to the top? 14.2 cubic feet would be 848 pints or 21,200gp. This costs way too much to destroy!

Muja
2013-10-31, 08:06 PM
As it is an artifact generally it is incapable of being destroyed, broken apart, etc. It gives a specific way to destroy it, so unless the GM says otherwise it is there until you follow the book rules xD Thaty isnt to say it is stuck there for villains to steal though. I would suggest grabbing some picks and digging underneath the item, dislodging it from the ground. After this simply move it up to Sandpoint's church for safekeeping. If the party cant carry it together simply buy/borrow/rent a team of horses or similar pack animals and use some rope to drag it up. Simple, and amusing to imagine :smallwink: