PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Converting Personal spells to non-personal?

Grey Watcher
2013-10-31, 08:06 PM
I've got a game where we're all pure-class Wizards, and I'm the Abjurer. My character's shtick is being all selfless and protecting the weak (and as Wizards, we're all pretty squishy). I've gotten used to handing out Mage Armors and Shields like they're Halloween candy, but one thing sticks in my proverbial craw: spells with a range of "personal", such as Ablative Sphere or Globe of Invulnerability. Is there any way to make it possible to cast these on other people? Even if they end up with a range of 5ft and not "Touch" (in order to avoid cheese by combining it with Reach Spell), that would still accomplish the goal of, "being able to cast these cool abjurations on my friends."

Again, part of the game is single classed character, no Prestige classes, so we're pretty much down to feats?

I suppose I could just start churning out magic items....

Psyren
2013-11-01, 12:55 AM
Without 3.5 material your only hope is items I'm afraid.

Alchemists can do this (via Infusion) but not for the sphere and globe that you describe.

Keneth
2013-11-01, 07:40 AM
Well firstly, shield is personal too, so you shouldn't be handing it out either.

Secondly, I'm afraid I don't know of any methods to achieve what you want. Just scribe scrolls, they're pretty cheap up to about 3rd level, and use AoE spells when possible.

Xar Zarath
2013-11-01, 07:59 AM
If your DM is not adverse to 3.P, you could convert War Weaver Prc:smalltongue:

Spore
2013-11-03, 11:56 AM
A cleric spell (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/imbueWithSpellAbility.html#_imbue-with-spell-ability) is capable of that.