PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder - Faiths & Philosophies

Splendor
2013-11-01, 03:56 AM
Hello,

Do I got the PF book Faiths & Philosophies and I noticed the Pantheons of Golarion section.
Can a cleric worship one of these pantheons instead of an individual god?
Is there a place in the books that say a cleric can or can't worship a pantheon?

grarrrg
2013-11-01, 07:28 AM
Hello,

Do I got the PF book Faiths & Philosophies and I noticed the Pantheons of Golarion section.
Is there a place in the books that say a cleric can or can't worship a pantheon?

Your options are typically a specific deity, or "an ideal".
So I see nothing wrong with your "ideal" actually being a pantheon.

Typical "non-specific deity worship" applies. The main effect of this, is you don't get any 'favored weapon' proficiency.

Craft (Cheese)
2013-11-01, 08:42 AM
Hello,

The official answer is no, clerics on Golarion can't get their spells from pantheons. The exact reason as to why that is is unclear, though. That said, there's nothing stopping you from ignoring that (rather silly) restriction and worshipping a pantheon anyway, using the same rules as following a philosophy, as the previous poster said.

Ninjaxenomorph
2013-11-01, 10:46 AM
Generally the clerics of the Pantheon deities tend to focus on one, for example Poog in the We Be Goblins modules gaining spells from Zarongel, even though the majority of goblins venerate the Gobling Hero-Gods. Of course, they're goblins, so it might be cause Zarongel is the bestest.