PDA

View Full Version : King Arthur 2 - Games similar to it's battle system?

Sytakan
2013-11-01, 10:55 AM
So after years of lurking, I finally decide to ask the knowledgeable group here something. King Arthur 2 has a battle system that I love. The game itself is kinda clunky and doesn't offer too terribly much replayability, but I keep coming back for the battles. I love having a general winging lightning around and sending groups of soldiers flying through the air as if he were bloody Sauron.

I also like the Total War series. Unfortunately, leaders in those games don't do anything particularly special, aside from being hard to kill.

So here is what I'm asking: Does anyone know of any other games that play like King Arthur 2 in the way I like?

Hiro Protagonest
2013-11-01, 11:09 AM
Uh... Brutal Legend multiplayer?

Azaran
2013-11-01, 11:35 AM
Maybe Spellforce 1 and 2 ?

There you have a strong Avatar character, who levels up. You can choose freely skills and develop the character for certain play styles melee, ranged, magic (offensive and support).
There is also your generic base and army building (upgrades, too) involved.

While your Avatar is the strongest unit on the field, he could never survive greater enemy encounters without his/her own army.

Sytakan
2013-11-01, 05:48 PM
I suppose I could give Spellforce a shot, though I've heard that it's UI is finicky, and has some weird graphics issues or something. Though it's battle system feels more straight up RTS rather than the battle type that King Arthur 2 uses.

MLai
2013-11-05, 05:30 AM
How about the Lord Of The Rings RTS games? The games are RTS, but they are epic LOTR. And you ofc have the book heroes/villains as powerful special characters.

Brother Oni
2013-11-05, 08:00 AM
King Arthur 2 and the Total War series plays more like a RTT game, so there a couple of possibilities:

The Xbox Kingdom Under Fire games are pretty much what you're after, although if you don't have the system, there's KuF2 which is penciled in for release this year. It's a MMO and a Korean one at that, so if you don't like grind, stay away.

On the more hack and slash type of game play, there's the Dynasty Warriors series, of which there's two PC incarnations.

On the more RTS style, there's Dawn of War 2 - if you want to see troops flying through the air, then that definitely fits the bill.

MLai
2013-11-05, 09:22 AM
On the more RTS style, there's Dawn of War 2 - if you want to see troops flying through the air, then that definitely fits the bill.
If you want to see epic numbers of troops and vehicles, and heroes sending enemy troops flying through the air, then you want Dawn of War ONE.
DoW2 is a much more "restrained" game, featuring much smaller fields of battle, much less troops on the field, and fragile heroes (fragile troops in general).

Brother Oni
2013-11-05, 12:45 PM
If you want to see epic numbers of troops and vehicles, and heroes sending enemy troops flying through the air, then you want Dawn of War ONE.

The problem is, DoW1 may be too much of an RTS for the OP.