PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Help with an Apocalypse Death Scarab Swarm... With Spellcasting levels...

ArqArturo
2013-11-01, 02:21 PM
I've ran into a wall here, and I kind of need some help.

My players are right along to fight with one of the BBEGs, and it's a Deacon of Daemons (more specifically, the Horsemen of Famine), and so far they think he's a mummified spellcaster, which would not bring much of a fight since he can be grappled and pinned.

But, he's not. The mummy's just a vehicule.

Here's the books/rules I'm using to build the guy:

1.- It's an oracle with the Fire revelation, but I'm tempeted to use Bones (APG).
2.- I'm using the Death Scarab Swarm from Sandstorm (3.5).
3.- I'm also using the Hivemind rules of the BoVD (thus, he could potentially gain Sorcerer levels).
4.- I'm also using the Apocalypse swarm template (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/apocalypse-swarm-cr-3), from the D20 Pathfinder rules site.

Yes, this is a high-level campagin. Yes, I'm an blundering fool for creating such a monster.

Now, the issues I'm facing is spellcasting. Obviously it's a swarm, so I'm guessing a lot of uses of Still Spell will be an issue, since it has no hands.

I'm thinking that, I could replace those sorcerer levels with oracle levels, since it makes it less of a monstrous threat (heh), but while the party is level 10, they've faced CRs 12 and survived, but against lower level encounter with level/ability drain, they tend to hurt.

The party consists of:

1.- Human Oradin (normal paladin/life revelation, more feats for mounted combat than necessary)
2.- Half-Elf Barbarian/Alchemist with master Chymist
3.- Aasimar Druid/monk
4.- Human Fighter/sorcerer/dragon disciple
5.- Half-Orc Barbarian/Sorcerer/dragon disciple
6.- Kitsune Sorcerer
7.- Human Inquisitor (Spellkiller archetype)