PDA

View Full Version : Statting another poster

Jormengand
2013-11-01, 02:56 PM
Since it's so niche that it's not really covered in the rules, am I right in thinking I need a poster's permission to stat that poster out (i.e write a character sheet/ creature entry/etc. under a game system representing that person), and indeed the same with anyone else who doesn't post on the forums?

If so, I don't suppose any mods would like to be statted out as part of my homebrew project? :smalltongue:

ChristianSt
2013-11-01, 03:19 PM
I don't know what the legal situation is on this, but I think you really should ask them (even if you are legally allowed to, imo it would be rude to just use their names or maybe even some quotes from/information about them without asking).

NerdyKris
2013-11-01, 03:36 PM
I can only see this ending poorly and with hurt feelings.

MikelaC1
2013-11-01, 04:03 PM
Done without permission, I would call this one of the ruder things I have heard of.

Roland St. Jude
2013-11-01, 04:05 PM
Sheriff: I would say yes, you need permission, for the same reason that we required poster to opt-in to Hurt/Heal games, fan-fiction, and other similar activities. Don't use other people's forum personae or real life identities without their permission. Perhaps we need a general rule on that.