PDA

View Full Version : Under The Red Sky (Oriana IC)

Stormageddon
2013-11-01, 06:09 PM
This is your own IC please save this one. If you join a group this will still be here for you to make actions on your own.

It's morning the first time you step through the gates into the city of New Orcus through the north gate. The famed lights of New Orcus fill the red sky causing a beautiful show that you have never seen the likes of before. The dry ground of cracked earth crumbles beneath your boots.

The gate opens up into market where all manner of merchants are shouting out there goods for sale. The patrons of the market come in all shapes, sizes, and races. A Merchant caravan clangs by you as wagons with out horses pulling them passes by.

You spend some time talking to different people and you find out the following about what's happening in the city.

Keepers in the city are collecting bounties on creatures from the wilds.
The Ivory towers lord is about to marry an unknown lady.

A merchant was recently attacked on his travel to New Orcus and is looking for people to help reclaim lost goods.

The lord of the spiral tower’s daughter has not been seen in public in a long time.

The wardens are looking for help to get water to the farms surrounding new Orcus.

Recently a Orc (Orcs haven't been seen in 100 years) has been captured, and the Blackblades are looking for people to investigate.

Erik Vale
2013-11-01, 07:49 PM
Oriana smiles as she breaks away from yet another conversation. At least she would have work beyond competing with this or that tattoo parlour, or working for one... However deciding to just get her feet on the ground safely for the moment, Oriana will seek further information as to assisting the wardens get water to the farms.

Stormageddon
2013-11-01, 10:03 PM
The way to the Keeper's post is rough to follow. After a lot of bad directions, and back tracking. You end up outside of this ragged building on what is clearly the bad side of town. You enter into the building, and see a couple of people sorting through paperwork. So deeply involved in their work that they do not seem to notice your entry into the room.

Erik Vale
2013-11-02, 06:30 PM
I said wardens, or do they work with the keepers?

Stormageddon
2013-11-02, 06:38 PM
Sorry my mistake the keepers work for the Warden (The God) and are sometimes referred to as Wardens in a sarcastic way.

Erik Vale
2013-11-02, 06:55 PM
Oriana will make a noise similar to clearing her throat to grab attention.

Stormageddon
2013-11-02, 07:26 PM
A startled lady looks up from her paper work looking rather surprised.

"Oh! We have a guest! Welcome to the 35th Keeper division! How can I help you?"

Erik Vale
2013-11-02, 07:37 PM
"Thank you. I'm Oriana, and I hear that there is work here for those that seek it, assisting in the transport of water to the nearby farms."

Stormageddon
2013-11-04, 03:12 AM
"Oh excellent! Yes quite a mystery that water from the tributaries as just suddenly dried up! Your help would be greatly appreciated as sometimes the water supply wagon do encounter some monsters. We of course do pay well for your service. Can you help guard a shipment today in about an hour?"

Erik Vale
2013-11-04, 03:44 AM
"I could easily do so. I presume someone is already looking into what may have dried the tributaries?"
Oriana has a concerned look as she asks.

Stormageddon
2013-11-05, 02:28 AM
She pauses for a moment. "Yes we are looking into the manner... Truth be told it does seem to an unnatural occurrence. We have been trying to track down the source of this disaster. Do you think you could help on that front?"

Erik Vale
2013-11-05, 02:56 AM
"Beyond my abilities as a extra set of eyes that can sense magic should such be present, I am afraid not, but I would be willing to help wherever I would seem most useful."

Stormageddon
2013-11-06, 01:48 AM
She seems a bit disappointed but then puts on a cheery face.

"Okay than please report to the Northern Gate in one hour. The wagons will be rolling out at that time."

Erik Vale
2013-11-06, 01:50 AM
"Sorry that I couldn't be of more help... I will be there."
Oriana leaves, taking a portion of the hour to orient herself in the city and procure a map if possible, before heading to the north gate.

Stormageddon
2013-11-07, 01:30 AM
50 gp for a map.

You arrive on time. You see a group of 5 men being lead by a dwarf shouting orders as the men load barrels on to a wagon that has no horse attached. The dwarf glances over in your direction then does a double take.

"Oriana? I got your description from the office... Might I say they did not do you justice. I understand that you will be helping us out today."

Erik Vale
2013-11-07, 01:53 AM
Bought

"Your too kind."
"Yea, you really are. I mean sh-"
"Oh let the man complement her."
"Oh quiet you two."

Oriana looks down, and the dwarf will probably take the time to note a pair of squirrels sitting on the bags at her hip.
That just happen to be in the cutest small scale leather armor with miniature crossbows.

"Now then. Yes, I will be, guard duty as I'm told."

Stormageddon
2013-11-07, 02:21 PM
He looks alarmed as the notices talking squirrels, but then shakes his head and mumbles something to himself. He smiles bemusedly.

"Alright then let us get on with it. The trip will take about 8 hours to get the goods and we are burning daylight!"

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Erik Vale
2013-11-07, 03:58 PM
Oriana will take up position in front of the wagon, on squirrel on each shoulder.

Stormageddon
2013-11-09, 02:48 PM
The first couple of hours of your journey are uneventful. You get your first delivery to a young couple that is most grateful for the supplies. After the drop you turn east off the road onto the cracked earth the route is going to take you through a small valley with mounds on either side.

Perception Oriana [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Stealth [roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Stormageddon
2013-11-09, 02:56 PM
Moa lets out a scream

Look out! Enemy on the hill

2 short green men with huge heads are posed on a ridge ready to fire down on you from either hill. A rat like dog is charging down the hill at you.

Int Oriana [roll0]

[roll1]

Stormageddon
2013-11-09, 03:03 PM
The rat like dog comes down tries to bite your leg. The Goblins on the hill take shots at the men surrounding the cart.

Dog [roll0] damage [roll1]
Goblin 1 [roll2] Damage [roll3]
Goblin 2 [roll4] Damage [roll5]

Erik Vale
2013-11-11, 05:48 AM
Oriana cries out as the bolts fly and the dog charges, however the bolts went wide and the hounds teeth 'merely' tore at her armored skirt.
With practiced motions however, her left hand dropped her crossbow to grasp firmly the spear in her right, spinning to catch the hound, and the squirrels opened fire on a goblin.

Appologies for my abbsence. RL snuck up on me.

Oriana v Hound:
Hit: [roll0]
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Squirrel's vs Goblin 1:
Hit: [roll3]
Crit Confirm: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
Hit: [roll6]
Crit Confirm: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]

Stormageddon
2013-11-12, 03:41 PM
Your bolt tears into the goblin dog it lets out a yelp and makes lunge for your throat.

A tiny bolt lands straight into the goblins shoulder on south bank. The other bolt goes wide.

The men behind scramble for shelter under the wagon.

The goblins unleash another volley into the men.

No problem RL happens.
Dog [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Goblin 1 [roll2] Damage [roll3]
Goblin 2 [roll4] Damage [roll5]

Erik Vale
2013-11-14, 03:22 PM
[Assuming Bolt is for Oriana]
Oriana cries out as the bolt hit's her after her easy dodge of the dog, however she continues her move, taking herself out of the dog's bite range and with a few words, another creature takes her place.

Summon Celestial Dog by Servitor 1, Standard action.

Dog vs Dog, using Smite Evil.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll2] [+1 if evil]

Squrills against goblin.
Crit Confirm: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5] Edit: Copy Paste Error, Damage is 2.

Erik Vale
2013-11-14, 03:24 PM
Oops, Second Squirrel:
Attack: [roll0]

Stormageddon
2013-11-14, 03:54 PM
Your dog rips into the goblin dog slashing his leg. An zips into the goblin's eye taking him down.

The goblin dog madly attacks your dog, and the last goblin focuses his fire on you.

Goblin [roll0] damage [roll1]
Goblin Dog [roll2] damage [roll3]

Erik Vale
2013-11-14, 04:09 PM
Oriana grunts as another bolt passes through her armor, ducking to pick up her crossbow before firing from a squat.

Meanwhile, the dogs fight, Oriana's summoned hound gets some scratches but is rather unharmed.

Dog:
Crit Conf: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2], +1 if evil.

Oriana:
Crit Conf: [roll4]

Squirrel 1:
Crit Conf: [roll7]

Squirrel 2:
Hit: [roll9]
Crit Conf: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

Stormageddon
2013-11-14, 04:24 PM
Both of your little buddies arrows find their target in the goblin and he howls.

Your dogs bite hits nothing but air.

The arrow flies just wide of its target.

The goblin dog tries to bite your dog again and the other goblin starts to flee passing out of vision over the mound.

goblin dog [roll0] damage [roll1]

Erik Vale
2013-11-14, 05:35 PM
Oriana curses as she spots the goblin start running and returns her attention to the dogfight.
Her summoned hound had just positioned itself badly, and was now held by the throat, however, it's temporary time on the plane was up, and so it faded away, leaving the goblin hound to snap through air once it had disapeared.

Quickly ducking to grab her spear, Oriana readies herself for a spinning strike should the dog charge, the crossbow again near her feat, unloaded, much like the squirrel's as they launched another volley, this time at the dog.

Oriana will ready an action to attack the hound once it comes in range, which shall also provoke a AOO. Roles in advance:

AOO

Readied

Squirrel 1:

Squirrel 2:
Crit Conf: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

Edit: I've been forgetting to roll for mounted combat... Damn. I'll have to remember that for next time/rest of the combat.

Stormageddon
2013-11-15, 02:43 AM
The dog charges but a couple of tiny crossbow bolts bring your target down before it is able to close the distance. The goblin dog comes crashing down at your horses hooves.

The dwarf starts to yell at his men

"Damn cowards next time you fight or you don't get paid!"

To you

"Good job lass! I see you're injured. Have this!"

He tosses you a potion of cure light wounds.

670 exp

Erik Vale
2013-11-15, 03:10 AM
"I thank you kind sir."
Oriana looks herself over as she opens the potions lid, one wound along her arm bleeding heavily, the other was just barely penetrated near her stomach causing a scratch which whilst painful wasn't truly bleeding.
It was always interesting watching bolts fall out of your body.
"That'll be a pain to stitch up later..."
"True, but that head shot I got on the other goblin will probably pay for it."
Oriana shakes her head, a smile unmarked by pain on her face.
"Excuse them, but yes, that other goblin might have something of use."

Oriana will search the goblin Moa killed [bolt through the eye] after toeing the dog towards the side of the road, her familiars keeping an eye out for any other hostiles.

Healing: [roll0]

Stormageddon
2013-11-15, 05:25 PM
"No problem! Take their ears the Wardens will pay good money for those."

Loot: leather armor, light wooden shield, short sword, short bow with 20 arrows

Erik Vale
2013-11-15, 08:32 PM
Oriana takes stock of the gear. Being small sized most would be best sold to halflings and gnomes, but most would require the gear cleaned up a lot, but children sometimes liked playing with such things, and younger teens could be trained with such weapons.
Noting the dwarfs advice, she takes both ears, slicing them neatly off with her dagger.

Taking everything but the armor.

Stormageddon
2013-11-18, 02:32 AM
After looting the bodies the caravan starts moving again. You move in a slow circle around New Orcus dropping off water at multiple farms. Time passes slowly during this 4 hour period. After dropping off the last shipment you start heading back to New Orcus.

Give me a perception check.

Erik Vale
2013-11-18, 02:41 AM
Oriana: [roll0]
Elra: [roll1]
Moa: [roll2]

Stormageddon
2013-11-19, 02:16 AM
Sheath [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Perception [roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

Stormageddon
2013-11-19, 02:21 AM
The dwarf and a man let out a cry of "Goblins!!" as pointing out 5 goblins 3 armed with shortswords and two with short bows in the brush next to the road.

Init Goblins [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Men [roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Erik Vale
2013-11-19, 03:47 AM
"Don't let them close!"

O: [roll0]
F1:[roll1]
F2:[roll2]

So one of my familiars ties with the highest goblin, and then the rest of me goes last. I think your goblin goes first though, having the highest mod.

Stormageddon
2013-11-19, 03:54 AM
Group Init your side won

The men motivated by not getting paid for the last 8 hours of their time charge the goblins. They swing their clubs teaming up on two of the goblins.

Attack on goblin 1 Attack [roll0] damage [roll1]
[roll2] damage [roll3]
[roll4] damage [roll5]

goblin 2

[roll6] damage [roll7]
[roll8] damage [roll9]

Stormageddon
2013-11-19, 03:55 AM
Goblin 1 goes down. goblin 2 is unhurt. 4 goblins left.

Your turn.

Erik Vale
2013-11-19, 04:34 AM
Oriana curses in Necril, vile words she is sure non of the others will understand, somewhere fitting in to world word for a celestial eagle which comes into being above the goblins, immidiately clawing and tearing as she moves to get a better view of the goblins.

I move and use Servitor to summon a celestial eagle above one of the melee goblins heads.

Squirrel's will hold their attack until any goblins disengage from the melee, shooting the first to do so in order to avoid risking a hit on the other humans [and to avoid the fire into combat penalty].

Eagle: [Using Smite Evil, +1 damage in rolls assuming evil]

Bite:
-Hit: [roll0]
-Crit: [roll1]
-Damage: [roll2]

Talons:
-Hit 1: [roll3]
-Crit: [roll4]
-Damage: [roll5]
-Hit 2: [roll6]
-Crit: [roll7]
-Damage: [roll8]

Squirrel 1 [if readied action goes off]:
-Hit: [roll9]
-Crit: [roll10]
-Damage: [roll11]

Squirrel 2 [if readied action goes off]:
-Hit: [roll12]
-Crit: [roll13]
-Damage: [roll14]

Stormageddon
2013-11-20, 02:44 AM
The eagles talons rip the throat out of one of the goblins. The goblin counter strike. Aiming for the men in melee

sword [roll0] Damage [roll1]
bow [roll2] Damage [roll3]
sword [roll4] Damage [roll5]

Stormageddon
2013-11-20, 02:47 AM
One of the men screams as the goblins sword nearly tear the man's leg off. The men gang up on the last orc in melee.

[roll0] Damage [roll1]
[roll2] Damage [roll3]
[roll4] Damage [roll5]
[roll6] Damage [roll7]

Stormageddon
2013-11-20, 02:48 AM
One man manages to get in a glancing blow with his club.

Your turn.

Erik Vale
2013-11-20, 03:12 AM
OOC: So one goblin left?

Oriana runs to the injured man, and wand falling into place in her left hand as she moves to behind him, her familiars waiting to fire if a goblin tries to attack her charge.

Meanwhile, the eagle closes on another goblin.

Eagle flies to the next and get's a talon attack, then disapears:
Dam: [roll2]

Readied attacks by squirrels, should they be used
Dam: [roll5]
Dam: [roll8]

Stormageddon
2013-11-21, 04:20 PM
OCC: Three goblins left one with a sword and two with a bow.

The two bolts fire into the the goblin standing back with the bow doing minor damage to the goblin.

The goblins pursue their attack.

sword [roll0] Damage [roll1] on man
bow [roll2] Damage [roll3]
bow [roll4] Damage [roll5]

Stormageddon
2013-11-21, 04:24 PM
The an arrow strikes through one of your man's throw. The goblin with the sword continues his rampage one your men stabbing one through his chest bringing him down.

The last two guards attack.

[roll0] damage [roll1]
[roll2] damage [roll3]

Stormageddon
2013-11-21, 04:26 PM
One of the guards score a blow to the goblin with the sword's chest.

Your turn.

Erik Vale
2013-11-21, 06:51 PM
Oriana motions her wand over one of the stricken guards, and his flesh begins healing. Meanwhile the squirrels shoot the melee goblin.

Using a charge from my wand of fiendish healing [spell name probably wrong], one of the injured guards gains fast healing 1 for 10 rounds.

Squirrel Attacks
Conf: [roll1]
Dam:[roll2]
Conf: [roll4]
Dam:[roll5]

Stormageddon
2013-11-23, 12:28 PM
The leg starts to stitch itself back together. The squirrels arrows do a one two punch to the goblin's chest and the goblin goes down. With that the last goblin is going to make a run for it for some bushes near by.

You can take two shots at it before its found cover.

Erik Vale
2013-11-23, 09:54 PM
Two shots litteral or two rounds shooting?

Oriana continues her work as a healer whilst her familiars try and shoot down the fleeing goblin. She will use her wand with the more serious of wounds but will use bandages, makeshift or otherwise, where possible.

Assuming 1 Round
Conf: [roll1]
Dam: [roll2]
Conf: [roll4]
Dam: [roll5]

2nd Round
Conf: [roll7]
Dam: [roll8]
Conf: [roll10]
Dam: [roll11]

Stormageddon
2013-11-25, 01:56 AM
You got it two rounds

The Goblin running falls dead from shots to the back of his head.

"I do think I'll ever live it down when I tell people that this mission was saved by a couple of squirrels" grumbles the dwarf.

Erik Vale
2013-11-25, 02:12 AM
"Well try to remind them that they are the squirrels of a sorcerers."
"So he can say his job was saved by a girl and her rodents."
The other squirrel immediately begins laughing, Oriana trying not to laugh as she steadies her wand over anyone else in need of healing... She isn't very successful.

"Don't worry Thadik, I don't think anyone else is going to want to say so, therefore your non-secret is safe with me."

After having completed her healings, Oriana will assist in the looting of the goblins.

It occurs to me I never got the dwarves name. I'll back edit his name in when I get it.

How many charges have I used of my wand of infernal healing?

Stormageddon
2013-11-27, 03:18 AM
Hmm skipped that part. Couldn't call him random NPC 3 now could we? Thadik is his name.

"Yes, I think that would be alright with me if we didn't mention that part. We best be heading back. I've a got a stew waiting back home. I'd be glad to have you again on these trips if you're willing."

Erik Vale
2013-11-27, 04:24 AM
"I don't see why not, the pays good, and if we're lucky one might be stupid enough to have brought a map. I do wonder why a group with a tracker hasn't been sort out to reduce the number of goblins present however."

Oriana falls back in with the convoy having completed her looting and sharing some around with the others, having a few more ears wrapped up.

Will assume same/goblin and add a bit to my inventory until updated.

Stormageddon
2013-11-28, 03:07 PM
The goblins have the same equipment as the last one. So 5 short swords, 5 short bows, and 5 leather armors. 300 exp.

Stormageddon
2013-11-28, 03:09 PM
"Aye if it weren't goblins it would be something else I assure you. The keepers try their best but the problem never ends. We are almost back shall we continue?"

Erik Vale
2013-11-28, 04:30 PM
Oriana nod's. "I see no reason to dawdle, I'm sure these men would like to be out of the firing line."

Stormageddon
2013-11-29, 10:45 PM
It's evening time as your water caravan enters back into the city. You enter through the south gate, and find your way back to the Keeper's headquarters. The lady at front gives you 200 GP for completing the journey successfully, and 10 gp for each ear you bring in.

200 EXP for completing this mission.

Erik Vale
2013-12-01, 04:08 AM
6 Ears from my kills, so 260gp + 200xp Total
"Thank you. Might I get a timetable for other trips so I can join them later, or do the convoys leave at the same time each day?"
Oriana meanwhile thinks about her map, trying to remember where a nearby tavern would be.

Stormageddon
2013-12-02, 02:31 AM
The Hungry Halfling is close by.

Erik Vale
2013-12-02, 04:37 AM
Oriana heads to the Hungry Halfling. Whilst her squirrels were fine with 'ration nuts', she wanted something a little more flavourful before heading to bed.

Stormageddon
2013-12-03, 02:26 AM
You manage to navigate your way to the Hungry Halfling by asking directions from the locals. The locals give you dark looks but give the directions willingly.

The outside of the Hungry Halfling you see the sign that gives the Inn it's name a Halfling that seems to be eating it's weight in food. The noise from the Inn can be heard from a block away. It's a deafening mixture of cheering, music, and fighting.

Erik Vale
2013-12-04, 02:55 PM
Oriana immediately stops, thinks, and restarts her walk. She'll buy a meal find a corner, and if someone want's to intrude on it they can deal with a celestial, and then she'll head up to bed.

Walking up to the door, she opens it, half expecting a brawl.

Stormageddon
2013-12-04, 06:06 PM
Indeed a fight is occurring. A very organized fight though it seems. People are standing around placing bets, laughing, and cheering as two men beat each other senseless. The Inn is occupied by all sorts of people, elves halflings, human, and dwarves. The cleanliness is varied as well to nice neat and orderly tables to tables that are tipped over. A group of dwarves are debating by the bar seem to be regulars at the bar. A group is playing cards at a table. The bar is ran by a dark haired dwarf.

Erik Vale
2013-12-04, 07:54 PM
'Ordered chaos. Well, such things weren't too uncommon.' Oriana thought as she isolated the head dwarf to move towards the bar, half debating not getting a room here while attempting to listen in on the debate with one ear.
"Hey. I'm looking for a room, and a large meal."

Stormageddon
2013-12-06, 02:39 AM
"That'd be 3 copper for meal and a room."

Assuming you paid and sleep for the night?

Erik Vale
2013-12-06, 07:00 AM
Oriana pays, and if possible will try to eat her meal in peace and go to sleep.

Stormageddon
2013-12-06, 06:29 PM
Eat in peace no one here bothers people that don't want to be bothered, but you are entertained by the antics of the other patron's drunken singing, fighting, and stumbling around. The night goes on and you find your room nice if not excellent. Light of a new day breaks.

Erik Vale
2013-12-07, 08:36 PM
Oriana wakes when a poorly placed window causes the light to shine straight in her eyes, much to her groaning anoyance as she wakes up.
"I should have gotten a better room..."
Oriana performs most of her morning routine before nudging her squirrels, who are resting on a night stand. She runs her hands through her hair absently working out the nights knots before calling up a prestidigitation to finish cleaning her as she remebers the various rumors.
She could probably go transporting water again, but she would rather do something else this morning, perhaps apply to a tattoo parlour to have something to fall back on, not that she really needs it...
No, it wasn't worth it... However perhaps the keepers also knew about groups forming to hunt creatures of the wilds, if she could join a group she might be able to convince them to go goblin hunting after....
Yes, that would do.

Oriana heads down for breakfast, eating quickly before taking a slowish walk through the markets towards the keepers tower, looking out for anything particularly interesting, advertisement for jobs as an mages apprentice or adventuring jobs.

Stormageddon
2013-12-09, 02:27 AM
You travel through the market speaking to different people. You gather information about jobs.

The Wardens are always hiring.

A Artificer is looking for help from someone skilled in magic.

A person from the spiral tower is looking for some help... With... Something.

Erik Vale
2013-12-09, 03:42 AM
Oriana wasn't a craftsman but she'd put the artificer's offer to the back of her mind. Given that the wardens were always hiring seeing the spiral tower would make best use of her time, as one could tell as she traced out a path to the tower on her map, describing the directions to her squirrels, before heading in that direction.

Stormageddon
2013-12-10, 01:24 PM
You manage to find your way through the city to the Spiral Tower.

You enter through glass doors entering into a breath taking scene. The huge lobby is about 30 feet high. Its' walls are made out of glass floor to ceiling. There are two 20 foot waterfalls falling into pools that are line with some kind of crystal on either side of a 20 foot stair case leading to a elevator door.

On the floor there are couches that surround tables where people are sitting and talking. Stores can be seen just behind the waterfalls sell a variety of goods.

A receptionist sits behind a desk off to your right.

Erik Vale
2013-12-10, 11:27 PM
Oriana wasn't origionaly from the cities, and rarely saw such beauty from the cities.

To say she spent a moment almost slack jawed would be an apt description of her mental and physical state after sighting the inside of this building. She was half tempted to turn and leave just because if the owners could work this either themselves or with coin, what could they possibly need with her?

She does however get control over her face and begins semi-willingly walking over to the receptionist desk.
"I hear your looking for help."

Stormageddon
2013-12-12, 06:43 PM
The receptionist looks up from her paperwork.

"Help?... Ah you're here for the house keeping job?"

Erik Vale
2013-12-12, 11:13 PM
"Yes."
Oriana say's simply. The add might have been vauge, but if it's this sort of work she would have something reliable to do between jobs. That and much cleaning could be done with a cantrip.

Stormageddon
2013-12-13, 08:48 PM
"Excellent! I'll let the lord know your are coming up. She likes to meet all the new hires before they are hired. Plus it'll will be her rooms that you are cleaning."

Erik Vale
2013-12-13, 08:59 PM
"Thank you." Oriana steps back, listening to her squirrels chitter in here ears the thoughts she had moments ago in almost silence.

Stormageddon
2013-12-13, 09:14 PM
A moment passes and the receptionist speaks up "You can go right up. Just take the lift at the top of the stairs to the 32 level. She is waiting for you."

Erik Vale
2013-12-13, 09:46 PM
"Thank you."
Oriana smiles as she heads on up, taking a moment to ensure that she and her familiars are looking their best using a prestidigitation.

Stormageddon
2013-12-17, 02:33 AM
You head up the stairs and you are greeted by a handsome human guard who points to the lift. "Just this way." The man leads you to the lift pulls out some kind of blue crystal and the doors open. You enter the elevator, and you feel the motion as if some great giant is lifting you up. The elevator starts to slow and then comes to a complete stop.

The door opens to a large hall. scraps of Metal, gears, and other interest mechanical devices lay nicely put on shelves on either side of the hall. A figure wielding a blow torch and a mask is busy working on some kind of device. The figure pulls back the mask reveling a elven woman with orange hair and green eyes. A heavy look is in her eyes.

She greets you with a warm smile that doesn't seem to reach her eyes. "Hi you are the new maid?"

Erik Vale
2013-12-17, 03:20 AM
Oriana bows her head slightly and returns the smile, almost an exact copy except that it reaches and quickly fades from her eyes.
"Such is as I hear it."

Whilst you can only 'talk' emphatically to your familiars over the mental link they forged with you, Oriana had long since created a 'code' that correlated with certain situations, with faked twinges of fear and respect her familiars remained very quiet as they sat on her shoulders.

Stormageddon
2013-12-19, 03:07 AM
"Good! I like the look of you. You can start immediately. I have many things that are in need of cleaning. You can start in the bedroom."

Erik Vale
2013-12-19, 05:57 AM
Oriana bows her head as she smiles, moving to follow. She could talk payment and such at the end of the day, not that she needed it immidiately.

Stormageddon
2013-12-30, 01:48 AM
She leads you into her bedroom. You see that you have your work cut out for you. There are clothing spread out every where. "You can do the laundry, and make the bed. Thank you!"

Erik Vale
2013-12-30, 06:39 AM
Oriana's face barely shifts as she surveys the room and the clothes begin levitating, those on the floor first as three prestidigitation go to work cleaning clothes and bed linens to the point at which they were probably cleaner than new, which left folding, ascertaining where they went, and making the bed...

It's a long time since she's had the luxury of making a bed for herself [making them for tavern owners doesn't count], and this person's just giving it away, she almost said ugh before catching herself on the memory that most would think living out of a backpack exciting, whereas it was something she was used to, and this person was liable quite the opposite.

Oriana absentmindedly chitters to the squirrels on her shoulder, directing them to pull the clothes that have lowered from their levitation to just above the floor to pull them into piles of similar towards one side as she alternates their heights for temporary storage, then asking.
"Any particular way you like your bed, and where are your clothes to be stored?"

Stormageddon
2013-12-31, 02:17 PM
The Lord of the Spiral Tower looks on approvingly. "I'm sure which ever way you make the bed will be fine. As for the clothing they can go into the closet. Tell me what's a woman of your obvious talents doing as a maid?"

Erik Vale
2013-12-31, 07:24 PM
"The job offer wasn't the clearest thing in the world, and as useful as it would be to hunt down some goblin packs a calm day and something I could come back to consistently might work well... That, and if I find t bores me to death then I probably wont be able to settle to open a tattoo parlor later... Anyhow, what device is it you were working on?"

Spotting the closet Oriana chitters quickly and the Squirrels begin moving the clothes that way, and while not particularly strong, with their light weight they manage to slowly levitate to the handles allowing the two to open it and ascertain where the clothes belong, allowing them to rearrange them for folding and hanging.

Stormageddon
2014-01-02, 11:55 PM
"A tattoo palor... huh..." Her eyes brighten as you mention her device. "It a water temperature control device. Been working on having the perfect bath. You do well here there might be other work more suited to your talents."

Erik Vale
2014-01-03, 03:39 AM
Oriana blushes a little, looking down.
"My talent's aren't that impressive, but I thank you for the offer."

Stormageddon
2014-01-05, 04:00 AM
She put you to work for the next couple of hours cleaning her apartment. By the she looks satisfied with your job performance.

"Very good. You can call it for the day. I'll have your room ready for you with in the hour."

Erik Vale
2014-01-05, 04:10 AM
"My thanks."
Oriana bows her head a little smiling after the lord of the tower delivers her praise...
'It would save on rent, and it would let me wonder this marvelous place, it should be good.'

Oriana will wait outside the room, talking to her squirrels.

Stormageddon
2014-01-07, 01:25 AM
You wait a hour until a servant lady comes and bows at you "This way mylady to your quarters. You are lead to a room that is small but is warm and comfortable. Inside is a bed, a kitchen, and a comfortable chair.

Erik Vale
2014-01-07, 03:43 AM
Oriana smiles.
"Thanks Madam."

Oriana looks around the room smiling. It's much better than anything she's had in a while... She might have food where flavour matches texture.

"Lack's mini-beds."
"They all do. Also, like you wouldn't rather share."
"She's right you know.'
Oriana takes a moment to catalogue the food within the kitchen.
"I presume I'm expected to stay here, might as well because it's good. Pay's questionable but I have enough for a while, and I'm sure I'll be allowed to travel occasionally. Always wanted a good place to stay."

Stormageddon
2014-01-11, 02:53 AM
Lots of non perishable food stuff. Cured meats, cheese, and a couple of loafs of bread. You check a faucet and you get good water pressure which gives you hope for a shower.

Erik Vale
2014-01-11, 03:29 AM
[[Variable temperature? Also, time?]]

"Yes, definately a good place to stay..."
Oriana thinks of properly unpacking, but she has learned to live in a backpack for so long it seems silly, and she doesn't actually have much.

Instead, she finds a table, opens up her map of the city and spreads it out, and then begins examining it for points of interest.

Stormageddon
2014-01-12, 03:34 AM
Map (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5xoL1VvdIdtMmNnc2RDM3B4NkU/edit)

Erik Vale
2014-01-12, 04:45 AM
Oriana takes a moment to draw out a line to the markets and to the keepers tower in another colour, as well as lines through the city gates to assist navigation, she then goes to look out the window in order to check the time based on the suns position.

Stormageddon
2014-01-17, 02:40 AM
From your window you determine that it is about 3pm by the sun.

Erik Vale
2014-01-17, 03:01 AM
Taking note of the time, Oriana leaves her room, looking around in the corridor, and tries to locate where she is in the tower in her minds eye.

Stormageddon
2014-01-20, 02:17 AM
You envision that you are about on the 32nd floor. facing east somewhere in the middle. The room states 3225.

Erik Vale
2014-01-20, 02:42 AM
Empty, no call for her.... Wondering around could get her thoroughly lost though.

Oriana thinks a moment, then curses a lack of available writing equipment. She does so, as usual, in Necril. Not the most fluid language, but not a common one.

After some persuasion, Oriana's familiars remain in the room, and she goes to explore the tower to familiarise herself with it.

Stormageddon
2014-01-25, 04:07 PM
You wander around the tower for a while. Most of your access to the 32nd floor in restricted. You walk up stairs and down stairs until you get youself completely turned around.

You find yourself on level that is almost completely with out light. Most of the doors have been bared and sheets cover the furniture you find. You see a light coming from a door that looking like it had been broken open.

As you move closer you hear voices coming from inside.

"Tonight we kill her. Everything is in place. The lord will never see this coming. MAWAHAHA!!"

Erik Vale
2014-01-25, 04:44 PM
The Dark Level
To see, Oriana had shifted her headband, revealing a single red eye made from fire ink and sacred ungents held special by The Lord, only partially uncovered it shed near-torch like light which allowed her to see.
When she heard the voices, she stopped, covered her eye, and ducked behind something, for a second a feeling of fear came upon her.

Suddenly, see felt confusion and concern.
Realizing she could need help, Oriana forced a sense of fear, then respect. Picturing the floor in her minds eye, she then forced herself to feel depression or elation, depending on whether she was on the floor above or below her room, repeated depending on the number of floors.

Whilst hard to do and requiring lots of concentration [she had to close her eyes to think of what she needed], this form of signalling was rather important and well established, and was simply "Danger. Get Help. I'm Here."

Opening her eyes, Oriana then attempted to quietly move to somewhere she could hear while not likely to be detected.

Rolls:
Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Oriana's room
Getting the message, Elra and Moa searched for something they could move, a light piece of wood, a scrap of paper, anything, to which they used Prestidigitation to attach the following message in common:
"Oriana needs help. Trapped on the 3Xth floor, please help."
They then turned their crossbows a neon orange to help them stand out, so as to not be confused with regular squirrels [which was so very annoying]. They then left the room, and sort the nearest person, hoping they would know who to speak to, and they chittered all the way rather loudly.

Stormageddon
2014-01-30, 04:37 PM
Perception check [roll0]

The dark level

You try to sneak up to the door and listen. From inside you hear "I think I just heard something! Haron check that out."

The one named Haron replies "Probably just the wind again these abandoned levels are just so drafty."

"Quite complaining and go check it out!"

"Alright, alright I'm going."

Mission impossible squirrel addition

The first person who they run into is a maid carrying a load of towels "What's this!?" She takes a closer look at the heavily armed woodland creatures. "uhmmm... uh..."

Erik Vale
2014-01-30, 05:42 PM
The Dark Level
Oriana grits her teeth, struggling to come up with a diversion, and deciding that if they plan to kill the lady, they'll probably be capable of taking her.

Spellcasting wasn't quiet, particularly words, but she had to try something... But then again, there was something else she could try first.
Picking a random object that looks light enough but high enough, far away from her, Oriana causes it to rise as rapidly as she can, before making it drop, preferably with a lot of noise.

Should that not be enough distraction, Oriana readies herself to conjure.

Held action to Cast Servitor 1, Summoning a Celestial, either a Pony if I can block of the person/trap him with it, of a Fire Beetle if I can't trying to go for maximum shock.
In either case it will attack immediately. Trigger is being spotted.

I don't think I merit a stealth roll, however if I do, [roll0], with [roll1] being my perception.

Squirrels and Damsels
The two Squirrels both begin chittering loudly, using Presdigitation to make the peice of wood float up towards the lady until it reaches eye level if possible, if not, they jump up and down holding out the piece of wood.

Stormageddon
2014-02-01, 06:15 PM
The Dark level

You are not entitled to a stealth check as you would need cover. Not including the dark which is about to go away. You have none.

You hear foot steps coming towards your person slowly. After a moment a dark haired man comes through the door with a longsword in one hand a torch in the other.

He looks right at you.

"What the hell!?"

Your prepared spell is able to be cast.

A tale of two Squirrels

The woman takes the piece of wood as it floats up.

"What's this?" She reads over the script. "Who's Oriana? This is most strange. I shall get the Lord." She hurries off to find the lord.

Erik Vale
2014-02-01, 07:01 PM
The Dark Level
Oriana finishes her held syllable, loudly, and a oversized fire beetle appears before the man, it's mandibles clicking as it moves to attack.

Turning, Oriana raises a hand to her forehead, shifting her headband as she sprints away from the man.

Running as far away as possible for this round. I Now glow like a torch, and the fire beetle glows in a 10ft radius. Not so dark now.
Beetle's declaring smite evil, attack.

Crit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2], -1 if not evil

Poor rolls. A miss, but the large beetle appearing in front of him should slow him down.

Stormageddon
2014-02-04, 12:40 AM
"Arg!" the man screams as a huge beetle appears before him. In his panic he stumbles backwards. He readies himself and holds up his. "Help me! he screams to his cohort.

Init [roll0]
Init [roll1]
Lets get a Init check

A Squirrel in the Dark

The maid head for the camber of the maid and knocks on her door. The Lord answers "Yes?"

"Mylady, and odd thing has happened. These squirrels Brought me this."

The Lord looks over the message.

"Danger? In my tower?" She looks at the squirrels "Can you lead me to her?"

Erik Vale
2014-02-04, 01:33 AM
The Dark Level

Init for Fire Beetles last round of existance: [roll0]
Oriana: [roll1]
Stealth: [roll2]

Hit:[roll3]
Crit:[roll4]

On this rounds end, the fire beetle will disapear, however it does that.

The X below is what floor Oriana is on, which I don't know but she told the squirrels.
Of course, she may be off by a floor or two.

Oriana keeps running, slower this time, before noting a off shooting corridor Oriana lowers her headband again making a turn down a random corridor moving quieter, the level again dark barring the rapidly fading beetle and the man torch.

Should it have the time, the beetle will spend it's last seconds leaping to attack the would-be assassin.

----
The Squirrel Beacon
The Squirrels seem to think a moment, looking at each other. One of them jumps up chittering before turning towards a wall, which will, unless it's told to clean it up, bear the following message in crude handwriting for the next 30 minutes or so:

She's somewhere on the thirty Xth floor... We think. Checking.

One of the squirrels closes it's eyes, creating a feeling of curiosity, to which it gets a forced feeling of impatience, being already able to feel Oriana's partially suppressed panic.
Under the previous message, another appears.

She can't tell, she's busy and panicking. Please help! She panicked more recently, danger could be worse!

Stormageddon
2014-02-10, 09:12 PM
Dark Level

As you run behind you screams of pain erupt through the hallway. You feel your summons return to the plane of which it come. You hear voices yelling.

"Where did that b^*ch go!?"

Another voice

"Quit standing around she couldn't have gone far! Spread out find her!"

You hear heavy foot steps start to to stomp down the hallway.

[roll0]
[roll1]

furry animals

"Lets go!" The lord commands. She heads out at great speed that your squirrels' little legs have difficulty keeping up with.

Erik Vale
2014-02-11, 12:47 AM
Dark Level
Oriana continues to move around, crouching and moving slowly with probing fingers, keeping an eye out for torch light.

Random moving trying to get out/hide.
Taking 10 on stealth where possible.

Squirrels and Damsels 3.5
The pair hurry to move as fast as possible. If they can, they'll try and hitch a ride on the Lord's clothes, lightening themselves with prestidigitation to be weightless.

Stormageddon
2014-02-15, 01:21 AM
Perception roll [roll0]

Stormageddon
2014-02-15, 01:25 AM
Dark Level

You think you've found yourself a nice hiding place when a man rounds the corner.

"Hey she's over here!"

Roll init [roll0]

Squirrels

Seeing the trouble of the small furry creatures the lord of the tower scoops up the pair of them in one sweep putting them on her shoulder as she enters the elevator. o

Erik Vale
2014-02-15, 02:07 AM
Dark Level
Biting back a curse, Oriana rises, shifting to a fighting stance.

[roll0]

Oriana spits out a word in a arcane tongue, sending a ray of acid towards the man's torch, seeking to destroy it or at least put it out, without looking to see the effects, she turns and runs.

Move action down a random corridor, 30ft.

Hit: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Stealth roll if darkness returns: [roll4]