PDA

View Full Version : Feats for multipurpose spellcasters?

Jergmo
2013-11-01, 06:12 PM
I run a campaign using the Generic Classes variant, and due to lack of more players, I play a support spellcaster as a DMPC. This means that my spellcaster must balance the roles of healing, dealing damage and buffing.

If I was playing a bard, I'd already have three different plans as to how to set up feats, but I'm a bit lost. If anyone has ideas, the following are her available feats and her spell list.

0—create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, detect poison, know direction, light; 1—bless, cure light wounds, protection from evil, magic fang (party member's animal companion), shield; 2—bull's strength, cure moderate wounds, scorching ray (trolls, everywhere).

The character is 5th level and has 4 feats available.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-11-01, 06:27 PM
Spell Focus: Transmutation, Ability Enhancer, and replace Bull's Strength for Animalistic Power.

Ability Enhancer from Dragon Compendium makes it so any transmutation spell you cast that adds an enhancement bonus to an ability score grants an extra +2 to that stat.

Animalistic Power in PH2 gives a +2 to Str, Dex, and Con. With Ability Enhancer it will grant a +4 to all three of those stats.

If prestige classes are available, or class features from prestige classes (I've never dealt with the generic classes variant), then War Weaver from Heroes of Battle is definitely something to consider.

The Touch of Healing reserve feat in Complete Champion could be useful. So could many of the devotion feats in that book, especially if you pick up turn undead uses. Earth Devotion can ruin a charge attack, for example, which would easily prevent more damage than you can heal with a single spell.

Jergmo
2013-11-01, 07:24 PM
Thank you, that's a big help!