PDA

View Full Version : Item Familiars and Invest Life Energy

Crake
2013-11-01, 07:09 PM
So the item familiar rules say that characters of 6th level or lower can use the invest life energy rule, does this mean that once you pass level 6, it no longer functions? or that you can only do it at or before 6th level and after that you continue to gain the benefit, but could no longer invest it if you hadn't done so already?

TuggyNE
2013-11-01, 07:12 PM
So the item familiar rules say that characters of 6th level or lower can use the invest life energy rule, does this mean that once you pass level 6, it no longer functions? or that you can only do it at or before 6th level and after that you continue to gain the benefit, but could no longer invest it if you hadn't done so already?

The latter.

Crake
2013-11-01, 07:29 PM
The latter.

Yeah, that's how I thought it'd work, but I don't quite understand, if it continues to function after 6th, why you can't invest xp into it after that point?

Elderand
2013-11-01, 07:31 PM
Yeah, that's how I thought it'd work, but I don't quite understand, if it continues to function after 6th, why you can't invest xp into it after that point?

It is a very poor attempt at balancing item familliar I imagine. Given how broken item familliar are, it's not doing the job so well.

TuggyNE
2013-11-01, 07:52 PM

I haven't the foggiest idea what the intent was. All I can say is what the wording is.