PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Wizard/Warrior build help

GrinningDemon
2013-11-01, 09:15 PM
Hi folks, I've not been playing Pathfinder very long but I've been roleplaying a long time. I'm waiting to do a wizard warrior build but since I'm still new to Pathfinder not sure the best way to do it. I'm wanting to make him an unarmed fighter. I'm also wanting him to use a spear chain combo like Scorpion and on top of that (lol) I want to be able to do something like flashstep from Bleach. Please help!

Urpriest
2013-11-01, 10:28 PM
Hi folks, I've not been playing Pathfinder very long but I've been roleplaying a long time. I'm waiting to do a wizard warrior build but since I'm still new to Pathfinder not sure the best way to do it. I'm wanting to make him an unarmed fighter. I'm also wanting him to use a spear chain combo like Scorpion and on top of that (lol) I want to be able to do something like flashstep from Bleach. Please help!

Some of this you can do with Magus. They've got some teleportation, lots of magic and swordery in general, and a good straightforward blend of both. There are other ways to make a "warrior wizard" in Pathfinder (the general term for such a character is a Gish, by the way, searching for that will probably give you better results) but that one's the most straightforward.

Not sure how you could replicate the spear-chain thing in Pathfinder.

Why would your character fight unarmed if they could also use a weapon? What sorts of things would they do with unarmed combat that they wouldn't do with a weapon? Getting an idea of that should help things somewhat.

GrinningDemon
2013-11-01, 10:35 PM
I'm wanting him unarmed because I think it will at a new level of play for me. Whenever I play a warrior class I always have a sword or axe so I thought I would try unarmed. So grappling, unarmed strikes, disarming and stuff along that. The teleportation and spear is used to help close distances and add flare. I figured out the spear thing, mainly looking for feats and the such

Spore
2013-11-02, 04:35 AM
Since your hands count as weapons for spellstrike and magus in general, this is entirely possible. I believe there was also a ruling on to where you could deliver touch spells via unarmed strikes, or at least feats.