PDA

View Full Version : Warhulk Derangement!!!!

visigani
2013-11-01, 11:15 PM
I'm thinking a half ogre half ogre with oversized weapon and exotic weapon spiked chain with fghter for five levels and then warhulk then fighter another five.

Any suggestions?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-11-02, 01:44 AM
Fighter 6/ War Hulk 10, it doesn't really matter what you take after that but Warblade would be better than more Fighter. Get the Dungeoncrasher alternate class feature from Dungeonscape.

Forget the spiked chain, get two-weapon fighting with two Kusari-Gamas, from the DMG page 144-145. It's a light reach weapon that resembles a hooked blade at the end of a chain. Never use an oversized weapon, it's not worth the penalty to hit and it never gives you any extra reach, it's nothing but a disadvantage. Get the feat Knock-Back from Races of Stone, and get Gloves of the Balanced Hand in MIC which gives you ITWF for free without having to meet the prerequisites. If your Int is high enough get Knock-Down (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#knockDown) as well.

Always Power Attack for only -1 to hit, you don't get any extra damage from it with light weapons but it allows you to use Knock-Back with every attack. Every time you hit you get a free bull rush check to knock them back, if they hit the wall or another solid surface you'll Dungeoncrash them for an extra 8d6 plus three times your Str bonus in damage. Keep in mind you'll have a +6 BAB and ITWF, so you'll be making four such attacks every round.

With enough levels in War Hulk along with Knock-Back and Knock-Down you'll be able to sweep all of your opponents into a corner and Dungeoncrash them against the wall. If one tries to get up your AoO hits everyone in the pile and dungeoncrashes them all again. If someone tries to get away your AoO trips them again as well as hitting everyone in the pile and dungeoncrashes them all yet again. You'll be doing so much damage with this combo that your weapon's base damage will be entirely irrelevant, which is another reason why you should forget that using an oversized weapon is even allowed.

Even if you don't knock everyone into a corner, if someone tries to approach you your AoO will knock them away and knock them prone. They'll have to spend a move action to get up and another move action to move toward you again, so just one attack of opportunity will cause that opponent to waste their entire next turn.

Make your weapons +1 Speed Wrathful Healing. You'll get an extra attack with each when full attacking, and Wrathful Healing from Enemies and Allies makes it so you're healed for half of the total damage that you deal with the weapon, including the strength bonus.

Ortesk
2013-11-02, 01:59 AM
This is me being helpful. I'll give you my advice

Proto Half Minotaur Water Orc

+20 Str
+8 Con

Say we begin with 18 Str, now were at 38. By level 10 were at 40+4 for an item (Although +6 is doable) Now with war hulk we gain 5 more, so 49 strength. Unless we throw some cancer mage cheese on, your gonna be tipping the height score there. Now just chuck Keeps at people

Morithias
2013-11-02, 02:29 AM
Don't go straight War Hulk.

Take a single level in War Hulk, then switch over to Uncanny Trickster and Legacy Champion.

You get the plus to str, AND you get to keep your BAB.

eggynack
2013-11-02, 04:52 AM
I'm thinking a half ogre half ogre with oversized weapon and exotic weapon spiked chain with fghter for five levels and then warhulk then fighter another five.

Any suggestions?
There's really no point in going fighter 5, because it's a dead level. Honestly, there's also no point in going past fighter 2, unless you're using dungeoncrasher and/or zhentarim soldier. I've always liked using barbarian 2/fighter 2 as a handy melee shell for all of my doings, perhaps with another dip friendly class, ToB for example, taking up some more of the space prior to the PrC. Also, I'm pretty sure that a double half-ogre is a non-thing (8-bit theater references (http://www.nuklearpower.com/2009/01/27/episode-1087-exalted-feat/) aside), so you should probably make your build have about half the half ogre that you have right now.

Saintheart
2013-11-02, 06:41 AM
Good Gygax, people, no Hulking Hurler levels in there? I mean, none at all? :smalleek:

eggynack
2013-11-02, 06:47 AM
Good Gygax, people, no Hulking Hurler levels in there? I mean, none at all? :smalleek:
Well, his goal is spiked chaining folks, so hulking hurler won't help much with that. Also, hulking hurler is kinda a butt, just as a rule.