PDA

View Full Version : Eat all the people, build Help please

Sapreaver
2013-11-02, 02:04 AM
I was looking through cleric domains today and I found the hunger domain and the spell bite of the king, that seems to ridiculously awesome to not play with.

My minimum goal for this build is:
A way to "eat" at range: Reach Spell
Chain it to as many targets as possible: Chain Spell
twin it: Twin Spell
Become colossal for at least 2 rounds

Back hand tricks that I feel would be fun but aren't necessary
Turn objects in to a living creature for at least 1 round so you can eat it.
Highish stealth
Invisible spell.
quicken

I can't figure out how to do this, I was thinking going illumian for free DMM twice a day
It's an 8th level spell so it's hard to boost with metamagics, Is it possible to do what I want to do?

Captnq
2013-11-02, 07:59 AM
Well...

metamagic rods should do ya. Reach/chain is fine.

No point to twin because once you eat the first target he won't be there to eat for the second spell.

I don't understand the size increase. It's a spell. In fact, technically, with divine metamagic persist and reach you could technically keep them in your stomach for 24 hours.

Invisible only affects the spell, not the result. Also pointless.

Dr. Cliché
2013-11-02, 11:02 AM
With regard to extending the range, couldn't you just use Spectral Hand?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-11-02, 11:37 AM
Wu-Jen 5/ Incantatrix 10/ Archmage 2
Arcane Reach twice. This allows you to use the spell at a range of 60 feet.
Arcane Disciple feat for the Hunger domain. Wu-Jen gets the spell Giant Size. Arcane Disciple for the Chaos domain for Animate Objects so you can make them creatures.
Arcane Thesis for Bite of the King. Get Pearls of Power to cast it more than 1/day.
Get custom Runestaff with Bite of the King (and Animate Objects) on it so you can cast it an additional three times each day.
Sanctum Spell also helps, as it's a +0 metamagic that reduces the spell level by one, so you can use 7th level Pearls of Power instead and it counts toward Arcane Thesis.
It will have a fixed range of 60 feet, so Persistent Spell.
Also include Fell Drain Spell and Fell Frighten Spell. Fell Drain makes them gain a negative level every round they're swallowed. Fell Frighten Spell inflicts the Shaken condition every round they're swallowed, so they'll only have two rounds to cut their way out before they're panicked. Once panicked they can only cower until the spell ends.

If you want ultimate cheese, you can actually pick up Irresistible Spell from the Kingdoms of Kalamar Player's Guide, the book has the official D&D logo on the cover. It's a +4 metamagic that requires Maximize Spell and Fortify Spell (it had a different name in that book), and it makes it so the spell doesn't allow a saving throw any more.

Bite of the King, 8th level.
Arcane Reach, free.
Greater Metamagic Rod of Chain Spell, free, metamagic.
Fell Drain Spell, +2 levels -1 for Incantatrix, metamagic.
Fell Frighten Spell, +2 levels -1 for Incantatrix, metamagic.
Persistent Spell, free from Instant Metamagic, metamagic.
Irresistible Spell, +4 levels -1 for Incantatrix, metamagic.
Sanctum Spell, +0 levels, spell level 7th, metamagic.
Since you needed Fortify Spell anyway, Fortify it for +2 levels -1 for Incantatrix, for +4 to overcome SR, metamagic.
Arcane Thesis, -7 levels for seven metamagic feats, +2 caster level. Post-errata it cannot reduce the slot below the spell's level, so it reduces it to a 7th level slot.

So at level 17, you get to colossal size, animate up to 20 objects within 30 feet of the primary target and within 60 feet of yourself, then cast your irresistible Bite of the King so they're all automatically gulped down. They're swallowed for 24 hours (14,400 rounds), and take 2d8+12 bludgeoning and 12 acid damage per round of that. You can also cast it on creatures, who don't get a saving throw and receive a negative level and the shaken condition (escalating) per round they're swallowed. If they're subject to mind-affecting and fear effects, they only get two rounds to try to cut their way free before becoming panicked and cowering for the remainder of the duration.