PDA

View Full Version : Grapple-man Build

Arkusus
2013-11-02, 04:16 PM
So, a few weeks ago we end up with a surprise new player at the game I'm running. No plans to make regular return visits, so a one-shot character is what we're looking at. Short notice, but our party was a bit thin anyway, so hey why not.

In the interest of saving time, I told him "So yeah, you're playing a barbarian by the way" (but nicely), as that is just about the easiest but still useful class to throw together on short notice. Ask him a few questions about how he wants to get into fights, and we end up with the idea of a grappler. I look into the mechanics a bit, and a short while later we have a pretty nice grappler who pins things to the ground and shreds them up.

He ended up liking the character a lot, and now he's shown up again and it seems like he could be more of a regular. That being said, I have no record of his character sheet, and he wants to play the grappler guy again. So, my question to you of the giant...

What fun tricks can you pull with a grappler build? Any recommendations? I wasn't too concerned at first, since any flaws wouldn't affect much with a one-shot character, but now it's not that way.

The main basics I remember involved him being a half-giant for getting large-sized grappling, using spiked armor for damage, and having some feat that let him attack with a weapon while making a grapple check... (in this case, spiked gauntlets because a giant solid spiked metal wall was amusing to us).

Deca4531
2013-11-02, 05:50 PM
I have made my own grappler builds before and have looked for help here as well. here is the thread where a got some very good info.

Pro Wrestler Build Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305592)

it mostly boils down to using Black Blood Cultist but there are a lot of good tips, items and advice in the thread.

danzibr
2013-11-02, 06:53 PM
Agreed with Black Blood Cultist. So good.

Ideally, I'd say a combo of Barbarian, Totemist and Black Blood Cultist.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-11-02, 07:02 PM
If you can get access to [Monstrous] feats, there's a few nice ones hanging around.