PDA

View Full Version : Swashbuckler Duskblade Dragonworught cheese

Warlocknthewind
2013-11-02, 04:57 PM
I'm joining a a game with a lot of cheese.

One player is playing a frost giant barbarian who has (to the DM's frustration) shown a tendancy to mop up an entire encounter with Great Cleave and shock trooper.

He comissined me to write up a more reasonable character to overshadow the current "Hulk Smash" tactician, thus making his character obsolete enough to call reroll, while enabling the party to still play a part in combat.

I have ten levels to play with, 4d6 roll for abilities, and got 7,11,12,14,16,18

My current idea is...

Venerable Dragonwrought Desert Kobold Dragonborn of Bahamut

Swaskbulcker3/duskblade3/sandshaper1/fighter2/abjurant champion

Feats:Dragonwrought, draconic claws, dragon tail, rapid strike, knowledge devotion, and fly by attack

My question is if my assumption that draconic claws will activate after arcane channeling, allowing rapid strike to active and make the insightful strike from swaahbuckler make it worth taking the levels for.

I give myself to the mercy of the Playground! Praise be to the foot!

Andezzar
2013-11-02, 05:25 PM
One player is playing a frost giant barbarian who has (to the DM's frustration) shown a tendancy to mop up an entire encounter with Great Cleave and shock trooper.If all of the enemies stand in the threatened area of the giant, it's their own fault (you cannot even take a 54 ft step between a regualr attack and a cleave). What is the giant doing to ensure he even gets to charge? You cannot normally charge in difficult terrain, you can only charge in a straight line, giants don't usually have a fly speed. How good is the giant's will save? When an enemy caster dominates him things will get "interesting"

Swaskbulcker3/duskblade3/sandshaper1/fighter2/abjurant champion

Feats:Dragonwrought, draconic claws, dragon tail, rapid strike, knowledge devotion, and fly by attackYou do not qualify for draconic claw. You need sorcerer 1 and the draconic heritage feat.

My question is if my assumption that draconic claws will activate after arcane channeling, allowing for food strike to active and make the insightful strike from swaahbuckler make it worth taking the levels for.Food strike?

Warlocknthewind
2013-11-02, 05:36 PM
Rapid strike*

I thought you qualified for draconic feats with the dragonwrought Kobold?

I took a flaw for touchstone

Travel devotion on the giant, reach, deformities, and size increases cover the majority of our battle board.

If I can't qualify for draconic feats, is there some way to get a high number of attacks in along with arcane channel at this level, I like the image of a tiny kobold out-fighting an especially big big-folk with only his claws, jaws, tail & wits!

Karnith
2013-11-02, 05:39 PM
I thought you qualified for draconic feats with the dragonwrought Kobold?
As a creature with the Dragon type, your character automatically qualifies for certain things that require the dragonblooded subtype, including feats. Draconic feats do not require the dragonblooded subtype, though, so you must still possess the normal prerequisites of Draconic Claw in order to take it.

Warlocknthewind
2013-11-02, 05:50 PM
So if I slap a level of sorcerer in there, say, instead of Sand Shaper, I'd be right as rain?

Andezzar
2013-11-02, 05:51 PM
So if I slap a level of sorcerer in there, say, instead of Sand Shaper, I'd be right as rain?If you also take the draconic heritage feat, yes.

Warlocknthewind
2013-11-02, 06:23 PM
Is this going to be able to complete with said giant?

With say, a +4 from K Devotion, I'd have a d4 +14+d6 each strike, shocking grasp on top, 1 bite, 2 claws and a tale smack for an attack routine?

Andezzar
2013-11-02, 06:39 PM
If you only want a small character that deals lots of damage with natural attacks, look at the King of Smack (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19866038/The_king_of_smack). Being an Elan is not really necessary for the build, a dragonwrought kobold would also do.