PDA

View Full Version : UtRS (An Old Enemy IC)

Stormageddon
2013-11-02, 06:35 PM
You wait in the front hall for about 20 minutes before an older man with graying hair comes to collect you.

"I'm Sargent Cavan. I understand you are interested in helping us out with a job? Please come right this way and we will talk."

He leads you back to what you can only guess is his office. Papers are scattered everywhere. Food not eaten is stored in places where no sane human would ever consider storing food.

"Who might you people be?"

Yawielas
2013-11-02, 06:49 PM
A female half elf takes a step forward, and says:"I'm Yanna Magellan. I've done a lot of guard work, and I'm handy with a bow. " She looks at the other two.

She is young looking, dressed in studded leather over a dark green tunic and soft leather trousers. A composite longbow of eceptional quality hangs on her back, along with a quiver of arrows, and a scimitar hangs at her waist. Her light blonde hair is not quite to her shoulders, and she has violet eyes. Her ears are smaller than an elf's, but pointy, and her build is lean and sinewy. She's a little bit taller than the average human woman.

u-b
2013-11-03, 02:43 AM
Gilly was seldom comfortable with big human chairs, except for soft puffy chairs usually found in lounges where you can climb into the chair with your feet and relax. Anyway, she was sitting in one, if only not to appear incapable of doing what she's being told. She was also looking around, for lack of a better thing to do.

When Sargent Cavan told to follow, Gilly jumped off to the floor and did just that, and she did not even have to hurry, since a plate-clad man from the Order of the Keep was clanking along not any faster than she would normally walk.

"Gilly Talbot." - said young female halfing dressed like a person who knows her way in the woods, but equipped with nothing more than a knife, a belt pouch and a cylindrical case suitable for papers - "I think I'll mostly go places and look around, can do that without getting killed... also can heal a bit, fight a bit, care for animals..." - Gilly decided she better not mention singing, dancing and intimidating, for the reason of not liking to be laughtd at - "...maybe some other stuff, but mostly that's it."

mythmonster2
2013-11-03, 07:38 PM
Ern allowed the others to speak first, looking around the room as they did. He tried to hide his displeasure at the absolute mess this Sergeant Cavan called his office. And the food... he turned away from it and faced the Sergeant, giving a small nod as acceptance of his authority. My name is Ern Vaikas. I came here from the Order of the Keep for recruitment, when I heard that your group had found an orc within the city. What can you tell us about it?

Stormageddon
2013-11-04, 02:24 AM
"I can tell you that a group of adventures were ambushed by a band of orcs just outside of the boundaries of New Orcus. They brought The surviving orc to city where we interrogated the vile thing. He told us that there is a orc camp 2 hours east of the city before we put him to death.

Because of budget cuts we barely have the manpower to safe guard the city let alone send men to go investigate this manner. That's where you step in. We would like it if you investigate and eliminate the threat to this city. Of course we can pay you."

Yawielas
2013-11-04, 02:44 AM
"Did he say how many there were?" Yanna asks. "And what kind of weapons they have? I like to be prepared."

She looks again at the other two. The man in armor looked like he could take care of himself in a fight, the halfling she wasn't too sure about, but she was probably good at hiding.

mythmonster2
2013-11-04, 03:05 AM
Ern thought for a few moments before saying, "Perhaps talking to this other group that was ambushed might help. They would certainly know what sort of equipment these orcs had, and they may be able to tell us whether these savages' tactics, if they have any." He directed his next question to the sergeant again, "Would you happen to know where this group went?"

u-b
2013-11-04, 03:10 AM
Gilly looked at Sargent Cavan with big eyes, trying to decide whether she should question the notion of orcs camping 6 miles from the city (or whatever is Sargent's measure of "hours"), or Blackblades having difficulties with one-day trip there to get rid of them.

"Why, of course..." - said Gilly in a tone bearing signs of her surprise - "...investigate we can, eliminate... not so very sure. What is the land around there? Can we see a map? And all the papers you have written so far from this orc's interrogation, that group's report and all that."

Stormageddon
2013-11-05, 02:35 AM
"They reported that the orc was wielding a longsword if that helps you. I do not know where the people that brought the orc in went to. They seemed a might twitchy about something; didn't stick around to be asked a whole lot of questions. We will provide a map. The land where the beast told us the camp would be is a heavily forested area. I hope that helps you."

Yawielas
2013-11-05, 05:15 AM
Yanna nods. "I'm not unfamiliar with the woods…Did they say anything about numbers? And will we be provided with rations, spare arrows, equipment like that?"

u-b
2013-11-05, 11:35 AM
"An orc with a longsword... well, that helps some. You said a band was attacking those adventurers. Should we belive you have no information about their numbers, weapons and tactics, I mean of the whole band, either from the adventurers or from the orc himself?" - Gilly paused then... - "Opps." - made a cutie-kittie face - "Sorry very much I am being rude! My uncle was a ranger... I mean he was not my real uncle... I mean he was not very social, I lived with him a long time I sometimes forget mother has taught me manners, I am terribly sorry!"

(cutie-kittie face, big honest eyes)

Diplomacy: [roll0]

mythmonster2
2013-11-05, 05:13 PM
Ern gave a strange look at the halfling woman. She certainly seemed like an odd one. However, he did agree with her, "Indeed, it seems rather odd that you would have so very little information about this threat. Is there truly nothing else? If not, I can at least say that you will not have to worry about equipping me."

Yawielas
2013-11-05, 05:22 PM
Yanna smiles a bit. "Well…they did ask for people to investigate. I guess they wouldn't need to if they already knew. Still, any information might come in handy." She looks to the officer again.

Stormageddon
2013-11-06, 01:43 AM
He looks a little taken back by the some of the questions about supplies, but is still relaxed.

"Look I don't know about any of that, but what we can offer is 1,000 gold just for going out there, and 100 gold for each Orc head you bring back. We know this is a dangerous mission so if you don't feel up to it no hard feelings."

Yawielas
2013-11-06, 02:48 AM
Yanna shakes her head. "I'll go. Has there been any more recruits? If not, I suggest we take a couple of hours to pack, then leave either today if it's not too late in the afternoon, or tomorrow morning. What do you say?" She looks at the armored man and the halfling.

mythmonster2
2013-11-06, 03:06 AM
"The money seems fair, and if the orcs should prove too much, we can at least try and get away with our lives and information. He looked back at the elven-looking woman and said, "I can be ready to leave tomorrow morning."

Yawielas
2013-11-06, 07:00 AM
Yanna nods. "Perhaps we should stay at the same inn, so that we find eachother in the morning. I just arrived in town, and have no accommodations yet. If there's a place any of you can recommend?"

u-b
2013-11-06, 11:01 AM
"Hmm... I'd rather spend the night with the orcs. Do you mind joining me there tomorrow? I'll see you when you arrive. Or we can go together with Yanna, I think Ern is not a great practitioner of night raids anyway."

Gilly shrugs.

"Whatever."

Then she addresses Sargent Cavan.

"I would like to have a recommendation too - I'll have to leave the horse in town, so need some place that could be trusted. Can I leave the horse in Blackblades' stables? I'll pay for the feed. ... Oh, any money up front?"

mythmonster2
2013-11-06, 01:36 PM
He responded, "As it happens, I was intending on staying with my family while I was here. We own a house in one of the upper-class districts. I can recommend a good inn near there."

He listened to the halfling, and admitted, "Yes, this armor isn't the best for a stealthy approach. Does help when a rabid wolverine is clawing at your chest and biting at your face, though." He shrugged and said, "You can camp out if you like, or I can recommend you the same inn as Magellan."

Yawielas
2013-11-06, 03:55 PM
Yanna nods to Ern. "Thank you." Looking to Gilly, she says:"Are you sure you want to travel ahead alone?"

Stormageddon
2013-11-07, 01:16 AM
"Yes well that's all good and very then... I'm sure you people have a lot to talk about, but as you can see I have a lot of work to do so... Yes of course you stable your horse here it will be well taken care of.

mythmonster2
2013-11-07, 01:34 AM
Ern nodded. "Very well, sir. When will we receive this map? Shall we come by in the morning?"

u-b
2013-11-07, 10:55 AM
"Well, I always travel ahead alone. Seldom that much ahead, but anyway, that's nothing new. If you're staying in town for the night, I think I'll just keep my eye on them orcs, no attacking, no spooking... I'll have a little nap now and leave two hours before dusk. We might even stay in one room, I have also arrived this morning and will be out before you go to sleep."

Yawielas
2013-11-07, 11:03 AM
Yanna looks at Gilly's gear and clothes, nodding a little. "Are you a scout? Ranger? Alright, you do as you wish, of course. Just be careful." Looking to Ern, she says: "Will you show me the inn after we get the map? UNless we're to pick it up in the morning?"

u-b
2013-11-07, 11:17 AM
Gilly eyes Ern for some short time then replies to Yanna. - "A scout mostly, though not much like those scouts. My uncle was a ranger, he taught me some, though I am no true ranger either... well, anyway, let's say you don't be afraid of strange beasts." - Gilly makes an attempt to make a scary face, in a comical sort of ways - "Sure you won't, why would you?"

Stormageddon
2013-11-07, 02:41 PM
"No here is a map right here. It should outline where we believe the devils to be."

He reaches under his desk and throws a rolled up paper at Ern.

Yawielas
2013-11-07, 03:04 PM
"Wonderful," Yanna says. "Let's go then." She looks at Gilly again, not quite sure if she means that Yanna wouldn't be afraid of wild beasts, or that Gilly wouldn't, so she just nods noncommitally.

mythmonster2
2013-11-07, 04:05 PM
Ern catches the map and takes a quick look at it (OOC: What direction out of the city are the orcs?). Once he is fairly certain he would know how to get there in the morning, he hands the map over to Gilly, saying, "Here. If you are travelling ahead, you will likely have immediate need of this before us."

He stood up and said to Yanna, "Certainly, we can make our way there now."

Before leaving, he nodded again and said to the Sergeant, "Thank you, sir. With the Lord's blessing we will be back here soon with this threat ran away from this city."

Yawielas
2013-11-08, 05:31 AM
Yanna also takes a lok at the map, then nods to the officer and Gilly. "We'll find you tomorrow then." She walks out with Ern, pondering if there's any equipment she needs to get.

u-b
2013-11-08, 10:14 AM
Gilly nods, takes the map and leaves. She plans to to leave Chapek in Blackblades' stables, citing Sargent Cavan, then find some inn near the market gate to take a little nap and eat something before departure. She wants to leave two hours before dusk.

Orcs are "2 hours east of the city". Not sure if these are walking hours or riding hours or what hours, but hopefully that's determinable from the map.

I think it would be prudent to split timescales, so we can play Ern and Yanna can shop, talk etc. during the day in this thread and at the same time play Gilly getting in position during the evening/night in another thread. This way everyone will have something to do and will not have to wait for anybody else.

mythmonster2
2013-11-08, 02:59 PM
That seems fair enough to me.

Yawielas
2013-11-08, 03:19 PM
That's ok by me.

Stormageddon
2013-11-09, 03:11 PM
I would like Gilly to go back to his personal IC thread. You other two can carry on in this thread. Gilly will come back when you meet up again.

Yawielas
2013-11-09, 03:21 PM
As they walk out of the Blackblades' HQ, Yanna turns to Ern. "I'd like to stock up on arrows, and perhaps some healing herbs, bandages and the likes. Where should I go to get that?"

Are healing potions available?

Stormageddon
2013-11-09, 03:24 PM
Yes healing potions are available. The market would be a good place to start.

mythmonster2
2013-11-09, 06:13 PM
Ern answered quickly, "Now, for those, you would do best to visit the market. It is at the east gate of the city. Perhaps you passed by it on your way in? Either way, I can lead you there."

Yawielas
2013-11-09, 06:17 PM
"Yes, I passed the market, I can find my way there if you have other plans. Just leave me the name of the Inn you mentioned. We can meet up by the city gates in the morning."

mythmonster2
2013-11-09, 07:15 PM
"Very well. The name of the inn was The Trotting Horse. It is near the base of the Foghorn Tower." Then, he hesitated, and said, quietly, "Are you sure that it is wise for someone like you to go on such a dangerous mission? I have heard that the elven folk tend to be frailer than us. As well, if I ever allowed a woman to be harmed while I was travelling with her, I would not be able to live with myself. There is no shame in backing away from this, you know."

Yawielas
2013-11-10, 01:57 AM
Yanna raises an eyebrow in surprise. Then she frowns, and looks away towards the horizon. "I was a warrior for my people, untill they decided they were no longer my people. Don't worry. I am not elven. I'm half human. And I can take care of myself. If I get hurt on this mission, it will not be because you "allowed" it, nor because I'm female, it will be because the Warden wills it so." She looks bak at him, sternly.

mythmonster2
2013-11-10, 02:23 AM
Ern looked back at her, slightly frowning. Finally, he reluctantly nodded, and said, "Very well, if you say so. I suppose I will meet you at your inn tomorrow morning, then."

Yawielas
2013-11-10, 02:31 AM
Yanna nods. "I'll be ready." Then she heads for the market, in search of arrows and possibly a healing potion or two.

mythmonster2
2013-11-10, 02:40 AM
Ern turns away and shakes his head. As he said he would, he heads to his family's home. (OOC note: His parents are both alive, in their 50s. He has twin siblings, a boy and a girl, both 25. If we're not going to play out this section, he'll just do what's in the spoiler.) He will tell them he came back to the city for recruitment, and that he will be leaving tomorrow on an expedition, but will try to be vague about the exact details, to avoid alarming them.

Yawielas
2013-11-11, 05:55 AM
Yanna wanders through the market in search of supplies. When she's done shopping, she finds her way to The Trotting Horse inn.

(Will buy 2 healing potions and 20 arrows, if it's not too expensive)

Stormageddon
2013-11-12, 03:12 PM
Yanna wanders through the market in search of supplies. When she's done shopping, she finds her way to The Trotting Horse inn.

(Will buy 2 healing potions and 20 arrows, if it's not too expensive)

Potions of cure light wounds are 50gp each and 20 common arrows are 1 gp

The Trotting Horse inn:

If New Orcus had a list of best places to stay while traveling through New Orcus the Trotting Horse would in the top five if not the very best. The inside is comfortable and welcoming. A fire burns in the fire place on the east wall. People dressed in fine clothing sit around the fire telling stories. The Inn has comfortable chairs and great selection of wine and ales.

1 silver per night. Meals are 5 copper. Wine 2 copper. ale 1 copper

Stormageddon
2013-11-12, 03:16 PM
Ern turns away and shakes his head. As he said he would, he heads to his family's home. (OOC note: His parents are both alive, in their 50s. He has twin siblings, a boy and a girl, both 25. If we're not going to play out this section, he'll just do what's in the spoiler.) He will tell them he came back to the city for recruitment, and that he will be leaving tomorrow on an expedition, but will try to be vague about the exact details, to avoid alarming them.

As you approach your families home.

"As I live and breath! Is that you Ern!?"

Your twin sister Lilly comes running at you from across the street nearly knocking you down as she gives you a big hug.

"Where have you been?"

Yawielas
2013-11-12, 03:27 PM
Bought, I'll add them to my sheet and pay for them.

Yanna stands in the doorway for a little while, looking around the fancy room, and the well dressed people. This place looked expensive. But why not….she could do with a little luxury now and then. She discreetly wipes her feet on the mat, and looks for the innkeeper. When she finds him or her, she asks for a single room, a bath and dinner.

Stormageddon
2013-11-12, 04:23 PM
Ern for time we will just do this conversation with your sister in the streets then skip to your planned course of action.

mythmonster2
2013-11-12, 04:41 PM
Ern chuckles and hugs her back. He pulls back and says, "It's good to see you again, Lily. I've been with the Order recently. I've been trying to change some things there, and now I've been sent back here for recruitment. How is everyone else here? Mother and father, and our brother?"

Stormageddon
2013-11-13, 01:30 AM
The happiest at your return suddenly turns to sadness.

"Brother and father are well, but.... Mother has come down ill. The healers say that they are unsure of the cause, and don't have a cure!"

mythmonster2
2013-11-13, 02:12 AM
Worry creeps into his face. "She is? How long ago did she fall ill? What exactly have been her problems?"

Stormageddon
2013-11-13, 02:50 AM
Bought, I'll add them to my sheet and pay for them.

Yanna stands in the doorway for a little while, looking around the fancy room, and the well dressed people. This place looked expensive. But why not….she could do with a little luxury now and then. She discreetly wipes her feet on the mat, and looks for the innkeeper. When she finds him or her, she asks for a single room, a bath and dinner.

The innkeeper is a fat and usually jolly Dwarf. Who greets you heartily and takes you money gladly.

Stormageddon
2013-11-13, 02:52 AM
Worry creeps into his face. "She is? How long ago did she fall ill? What exactly have been her problems?"

"About a week ago... She's weak... her breathing is shallow... and her heart is slow... Oh Ern! I'm so glad you came back!"

mythmonster2
2013-11-13, 03:45 AM
Thoughts clashed in Ern's head. His mother... sounding as if she could be on the verge of death. And yet, there was another threat, that lay outside of the walls. He wanted nothing more than to go into the house and go to his mother and do anything he could to help her. And yet... He thought back to the stories she had told him as a child, of orcs that kidnapped naughty children and boiled them in pots. They were old and just made to scare children, but surely they had truth at their core. If these orcs made it to the city, with the pitiful state the guard was in... If the city was overrun, what could his frail, weak mother do then? What would those monsters do to her?

He was visibly conflicted for several seconds. Then, he took one of his sister's hands in both of his and bowed his head. "Lily... I am sorry. I must leave tomorrow morning. There is a matter of the utmost urgency. I do not know how long it will take. With the Lord's blessing, I could be back the day after, or... it may be longer."

Yawielas
2013-11-13, 06:31 AM
After stowing her gear in her room, Yanna heads back down into the common room to have something to eat. She takes a seat by a table in one of the corners, with her back to the wall to watch anyone who might enter. She orders a plate of grilled chicken, bread and cheese, with whatever vegetables they might have. Although the wine sounds tempting, she figures it's better to keep a clear head and be fit for the morning's excursion.

Stormageddon
2013-11-14, 12:02 PM
Thoughts clashed in Ern's head. His mother... sounding as if she could be on the verge of death. And yet, there was another threat, that lay outside of the walls. He wanted nothing more than to go into the house and go to his mother and do anything he could to help her. And yet... He thought back to the stories she had told him as a child, of orcs that kidnapped naughty children and boiled them in pots. They were old and just made to scare children, but surely they had truth at their core. If these orcs made it to the city, with the pitiful state the guard was in... If the city was overrun, what could his frail, weak mother do then? What would those monsters do to her?

He was visibly conflicted for several seconds. Then, he took one of his sister's hands in both of his and bowed his head. "Lily... I am sorry. I must leave tomorrow morning. There is a matter of the utmost urgency. I do not know how long it will take. With the Lord's blessing, I could be back the day after, or... it may be longer."

You see tears start to from in her eyes. She wipes them away.

"I understand brother.... Just hurry back... Come say hi to the family before you leave."

She leads you into the house. Your family greets you. You get escorted up to your mother's room but she is asleep and your family warns you against waking her up.

Stormageddon
2013-11-14, 12:05 PM
After stowing her gear in her room, Yanna heads back down into the common room to have something to eat. She takes a seat by a table in one of the corners, with her back to the wall to watch anyone who might enter. She orders a plate of grilled chicken, bread and cheese, with whatever vegetables they might have. Although the wine sounds tempting, she figures it's better to keep a clear head and be fit for the morning's excursion.

You enjoy good food and drink. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. A man leans over and speaks.

"where are you from stranger?"

Yawielas
2013-11-14, 12:50 PM
Yanna looks at the man, and answers vaguely. "From the east." She sips her drink. "Can you tell me any news of the city?"

Stormageddon
2013-11-15, 02:46 AM
Yanna looks at the man, and answers vaguely. "From the east." She sips her drink. "Can you tell me any news of the city?"

"From Abany?... Dark times are happening. Word is that a new plague has broke out in the city. Healers are baffled, the lords those useless bastards don't do anything but sit in their tower while the people suffer."

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 04:26 AM
"A plague?" Yanna frowns concerned. "What are the symptoms? And how does it spread?"

Stormageddon
2013-11-15, 01:39 PM
"People just seem to give up. Their breathing slows, Heart slows, and they start to sleep all the time. Eventually they stop eating and drinking then they die. No one knows how it is spread or how to cure it. I must be going good fortune to you!"

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 01:56 PM
Yanna nods. "Thank you." She finishes her meal, and heads up to her room for a bath and some sleep. The next morning, she rises early, and gets ready for departure.

Stormageddon
2013-11-15, 05:19 PM
lets skip ahead to you two meeting up again, and starting to head out
[roll0]
[roll1]

mythmonster2
2013-11-15, 05:26 PM
Ern enters the tavern and looks around for Yanna, ready for departure. He has a tired look on his face and it seems obvious that something else is on his mind as well.

The last night, he slept little, worried about his mother and somewhat ashamed for leaving her at this time. In the morning, he prayed that this mission would not take long.

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 05:44 PM
Yanna rises from a bench when Ern enters, and nods to him. She is wearing her leather armour, adorned with engraved leaves and vines, and her scimitar hangs from her hip, along with a quiver of arrows. Backpack on her back, and bow in hand, she walks to meet him. "Good morning. Not a good night?"

mythmonster2
2013-11-15, 06:07 PM
He nods, then says, "I found out that my mother has fallen ill. The healers have been unable to help her."

Then he pauses, before continuing, "As well, before we depart, I would like to apologize for my statements yesterday. I should not have been as hasty in judging you as I was, at least, not without seeing you perform."

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 06:24 PM
"Apology accepted…I am sorry to hear about your mother. I was told about a plague in town, of unknown origin, and a mystery to the healers. I hope she will recover." Yanna moves to the door. "I wonder how the halfling fared tonight."

Stormageddon
2013-11-15, 07:31 PM
[roll0] mmmm

Stormageddon
2013-11-15, 07:34 PM
You leave the city through the south gate. Traveling east for a bit and then north. You are about in the location of where the orc camp should be it is a wooded area dry ground cracks as you walk.

hold here while I finish up with the Halfling.

Stormageddon
2013-11-17, 01:43 PM
You start to see arrows pointing in a direction more towards the city. You follow the arrows and come upon the Halfling in middle of her summoning ritual.

Yawielas
2013-11-17, 02:35 PM
Yanna stops at a small distance, to let the halfling finish her ritual, and watches curiously. She glances to Ern, to see if he knows anything about what she's doing, then looks back at Gilly. At least she hadn't been eaten during the night.

mythmonster2
2013-11-17, 03:46 PM
Ern frowns and glances at Yanna, but sees that she seems just as confused as him. He goes back to looking at their surroundings with a wary eye, keeping one hand on the hilt of his sword.

u-b
2013-11-18, 02:57 AM
Ern and Yanna can see young halfling girl do some more speaking, gesturing, getting surrounded by azure light, which then fades, leaving behind a clearly unnatural creature with mostly black body, resembling that of a rather stocky jaguar, but with a mane, a pair of curved horns and numerous strange azure markings on the body, fading with afterglow.

The creature climbs town from the tree, head down and seemingly as easy as if it was walking the earth (still you see it actually climbs, not walks as if by magic or such). Then the creature makes a few steps in your direction and sits.

"Well, hello there! Good you are not afraid of strange beasts or demonic powers." - the creature emits a stare at Ern, blinks, then uses its hind leg to scratch under its chin - "Name's Zapka. I mean when we pretend I am some sort of your dumb speechless beast companion, which we do. Anyway, here's the deal. Ten orcs ahead, seven of them having hangover and likely still sleeping in their tents. Three others are standing armed, armored, all the stuff. Well, unless something changed - I had a little nap here before sunrize. I guess we can go back to Blackblades and claim our reward, unless some of you feels especially brave and wants to double down. Not far from here, they are."

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62563118/Gilly.png https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62563118/Nighttime%20small.png

Assuming there is no other reason for Gilly to summon eidolon this late in the morning and after placing arrow marks other than to do some spellcasting, so let's say it went as follows:
1. Ern seen/heard
2. Eidolon dismissed
3. Mage Armor cast
4. Eidolon summoned

Yawielas
2013-11-18, 03:10 AM
Yanna stares at the black beast, then looks in the direction of the orc camp. "Ten orcs....Perhaps we can cut that number down a bit if we can lure the guards away from the camp. I cannot claim any reward for just repeating what you've already discovered." She looks at Ern. "What do you say?"

mythmonster2
2013-11-18, 04:00 PM
Ern looks warily at the creature. He had never seen such a form of magic or a creature like this. He reckoned that it was probably being sarcastic when it mentioned demonic powers, but just in case, he scanned her aura (OOC: He uses Detect Evil on her, and I assume it would turn out not.)

Accepting the result, but still wary, he replies, "We should try and eliminate this threat if possible. Perhaps if we bring one back alive, it may be able to give more information on where they came from and why. Luring them away sounds like a fair idea." Again, he looked at Gilly, or Zapka, as she had said. "Perhaps your appearance may help with that? You could face down one and lure them into an ambush. What looks like an animal may be less conspicuous than one of us."

Stormageddon
2013-11-18, 04:27 PM
no evil detected.

Yawielas
2013-11-18, 04:32 PM
"Yes….They would hopefully not wake up the rest to pursue an animal….Then we can ambush them somewhere far enough away that the sound of fighting will not be heard from their camp." Yanna suggests.

u-b
2013-11-19, 02:34 AM
"So, I make me seen as if I'm an animal hanging around. Might work, I suspect. What's plan B? I mean if they won't go or if they will wake up everybody? I think I could sneak into a tent and eat a pair of sleeping orcs... hmm... they have five two-man tents, they do." - Zapka looks at Ern - "Umm... I guess being so slow and loud you have to be good at tactics. So, you think, you decide. But really, next time take a horse... I don't know... buy one or something, my heart would be so much safer..." - she shakes her mane - "...sheer madness if we play this wrong, I'm telling you."

mythmonster2
2013-11-19, 03:46 AM
He raises an eyebrow at her and says, "Unfortunately, I was never one for riding. Although I suppose it seems animals would come naturally to you... but that's besides the point."

He rubbed his chin in thought, before saying, "If they don't take the bait, proving yourself a threat by swiping at one of them could help. Or, perhaps, if you are able to," directing this to Yanna, "you could take to the trees and harass them with your bow. However, should they alert the rest... You did say the majority were in a poor state. Perhaps, if I were to step in and create a scene, they would perceive me as the greater threat, allowing you to regroup with Yanna and flank them."

u-b
2013-11-19, 04:30 AM
Zapka folds her ears. Then unfolds them back.

"You know, I am a hafling, and not the most agile one, still I ride a real full-size warhorse. I pretty much pretty sure you can. Whatever. Just don't be too brave." - to Yanna - "Keep your eyes on me." - to Ern - "Keep your eyes on her."

She then stands up, turns in general direction of the camp, but keeps one ear pointed at Ern and Yanna.

"Any last words? I'm off."

(then, whatever the last words, if any, she's off; Ern/Yanna can notice how shealthy she is)

So, indeed, how sthealthy she is? [roll0]
Perception is (take 10)+16 = 26

The plan:
1. Zapka prowls forward, making sure Yanna can see her and follows her. Zapka tries to make herself seen to Yanna from a maximum distance allowed by the forest (which, in case of this forest, should be quite far off)
2. Zapka attempts to observe the campsite for any changes
3. Assuming no major changes, Zapka makes herself partially seen, without revealing who she really is (like simulating a failed stealth check, exposing from the bush or from behind the tree her hind half only)

Yawielas
2013-11-19, 07:08 AM
Yanna nods to Zapka. "Ready." She follows the beast from a distance, staying close to the woods so that she can take to the trees and use her bow if the beast manages to lure the guards away from camp.

mythmonster2
2013-11-19, 11:00 AM
Ern silently watches her go and unsheathes his sword, holding it in one hand for now. He follows behind Yanna from a distance, waiting for Zapka to return.

Stormageddon
2013-11-20, 02:25 AM
Int check [roll0]

Stormageddon
2013-11-20, 02:38 AM
HAHA I was having difficulty deciding how these orcs would react to your appearance. So left it up to the dice. They rolled so low that they are going to do the stupidest thing possible.

There is a pause in movement in the camp at your appearance as they stare at you for a moment. Then they draw their swords and start running after you.

I presume that you had a run action readied.

u-b
2013-11-20, 03:05 AM
Well, Run itself being full-round, I think it might be a readied Withdraw, but more likely just Delay from a location that cannot be immediately charged (i.e. from behind a tree). I'll go with second option.

Observing all three orc guards running towards her, Zapka let them get closer, to make the chase more interestig for the orcs, then ran in general direction of Ern (not directly past Yanna), trying not to get far ahead of the orcs and look rather hard-pressed to keep the pace.

Either Perform (drama) or Bluff, neither is trained: [roll0]

Yawielas
2013-11-20, 03:26 AM
Seeing the orc guards give chase, Yanna gets behind cover and readies her bow, waiting for the orcs to pass her. She wants them a good distance away from their camp before shooting, not to wake the rest of the group. Once their past her location, and before they get into melee, she takes aim and lets an arrow fly towards the closest of them.

Shoot [roll0] damage [roll1]

mythmonster2
2013-11-20, 04:06 AM
Ern listens to the sound of pursuit and waits behind natural cover until one of them comes into range. Once he is sure that one of them is within about 15 feet, he moves out and slashes at them.

Attack Damage (Power Attacking) [roll]2d6+9

Stormageddon
2013-11-20, 10:38 AM
Yanna's arrow finds its' mark into the orc's shoulder. The Orc is hurt but still standing.

Ern's sword rips into the gut of orc. The orc falls to the ground dead.

Init time. [roll0]
[roll1]

Yawielas
2013-11-20, 10:50 AM
Init [roll0]

mythmonster2
2013-11-20, 01:22 PM
Initiative [roll0]

Stormageddon
2013-11-20, 01:24 PM
Group Init you win. Take all your turns.

Yawielas
2013-11-20, 02:29 PM
Yanna nocks another arrow and fires at the already wounded orc, hoping to drop him and reducing their number to one.

Have point blank and Precise shot if any of them come into play
Shoot [roll0] damage [roll1]

Edit, totally screwed up the code for attack, will need to double post.

Yawielas
2013-11-20, 02:32 PM
Shoot [roll0]

Stormageddon
2013-11-20, 02:43 PM
Killed....

mythmonster2
2013-11-20, 03:39 PM
Ern turns towards the one neither he nor Yanna had attacked, and closes the distance while slashing downwards.

Attack 1d20+7 Damage (Power Attacking) 2d6+9
If a crit: Confirmation 1d20+7 Crit Damage 2d6+9
EDIT: Dammit, I don't know what's going wrong with the rolls. I can't see the results, if they're there at all. Will double post for those rolls and cross my fingers.

mythmonster2
2013-11-20, 03:43 PM
Attack [roll0] Damage (Power Attacking) [roll1]
If a crit: Confirmation [roll2] Crit Damage [roll3]

u-b
2013-11-20, 09:21 PM
Zapka turns around and charges last standing orc.

Bite:[roll0] for [roll1]
Claw: [roll2] for [roll3]
Claw: [roll4] for [roll5]
AC18

Yawielas
2013-11-21, 04:48 AM
Yanna heads over to the other two in case there is still trouble with the remaining orc, although it looks like they have the situation well in hand.

Stormageddon
2013-11-21, 03:23 PM
Ern's swing goes wide but the wolf tears the orc apart.

Stormageddon
2013-11-21, 03:24 PM
135 exp each

Yawielas
2013-11-21, 03:29 PM
"So that's three," Yanna comments as she walks up to the others. "Should we do anything about the remaining seven? If we hide these bodies, we can try the same tactic. Anyone hurt?"

mythmonster2
2013-11-21, 03:40 PM
Ern lets out a sigh of relief and kneels down to inspect the bodies. Specifically, he tries to identify what sort of armor they are wearing, if any, as well as the apparent quality of it, in order to judge how well equipped the orcs as a whole might be. Then, he says to Yanna, "Fortunately, I am not injured. As for the others, with luck, they might still be sleeping, as Gilly said. Killing them in their sleep would be dishonorable, but leaving them alive could be a threat, and I'm not sure if we could take all of them alive. One of you could go back and see how they are, while we hide the bodies, and then we could create a plan."

u-b
2013-11-22, 03:16 AM
Zapka sat near the orc she just downed, observed the "battlefield" and started to wash herself the way cats usually do. "Well, if you want some of them alive... mine is as good as dead, but hers..." - nods at the orc featuring new feathers - ...might be in a better shape, if anyone cares to stop him from bleeding to death. I would not use any magic or such, but bandaging... why not? If we get any more loose tongues we can always just finish this one.

She observes Ern check the bodies for some time and finishes washing herself from the blood.

"To be honest, I'd rather have a plan with no honor involved. I mean, I like and value my life and if I am to risk it, I would prefer sound plan to a honorable one, whatever that last thing really means. Just saying." - she pauses for a short time - "Guessing they will not feel so brave if they wake up and find all the guards missing, so more like we will have to come to them. I'd rather go in and kill some, unless you strongly oppose."

Yawielas
2013-11-22, 04:10 AM
Yanna thinks. "How many tents? Would it be possible to take one tent at the time?" Glancing to Ern, she realises he might not think that is very honorable. "Or we can wait untill they wake up and send out a patrol to look for the missing guards, then ambush the patrol..." She looks at the orc she downed. "I think he's dead....and I'm not wasting my healing potion to maybe bring him back, when we'd have to kill him again after. Better to get a fresh one. I think we can lure them out again, but then we might have to fight seven. It would be best if we could quietly take out one tent first. Even the odds."

u-b
2013-11-22, 04:52 AM
"They have five two-man tents. I think I can take one tent and get out alive if something goes wrong. On the other hand, if everything goes right, there should not be a lot of noise, so then I might attempt to take another tent... I think you two would never have to get inside any tent, just stick outside waiting for when I blunder and wake up everybody, for surely I won't be able to silently take out all seven ot them."

"Probably they sleep without armor, so that is another plus. So... Ern, what you say?"

mythmonster2
2013-11-22, 04:37 PM
Ern thinks for a few moments, then sighs and says, "If we are to take this tactic, then I see no reason to hold back. Take out as many as you can, except for any we would choose to take alive. The two of us can wait outside, as you said."

Yawielas
2013-11-22, 04:44 PM
Yanna looks from Ern to Gilly/Zapka and nods. "Allright." She retrieves her two arrows from the orc if they're still intact, and cleans them on the grass.

u-b
2013-11-23, 01:40 AM
Zapka sneaks back to the camp and observes it for some short time.

If no orc is seen she sneaks into a tent (preferably with two orcs in it, if she can remenber who went where).

Inside the tent she is to bite a sleeping orc in the back of the neck to disconnect spinal cord, the way all cats do. If an orc sleeps in a pose that would prevent this (like on his back), she will visit another tent. Anyway, if an orc is silently killed - repeat. If no more easy targets, will bite in the neck any way, including going for the throat (this could be noisy).

Stealth: [roll0]
Coup de Grace #1: [roll1] damage then Fort DC 21 (i.e. 10 + damage rolled) or die.

Yawielas
2013-11-23, 03:58 AM
Yanna gets into position close enough to help if needed. She readies her bow, and keeps an eye on the other tents while Zapka slips into the first one.

mythmonster2
2013-11-23, 04:53 AM
Ern keeps his sword out, but he stands farther than Yanna, not wanting to make too much noise and ruin the tactic. Silently, he prays for forgiveness for his condonement of Zapka's actions.

Stormageddon
2013-11-23, 12:12 PM
[roll0] fort

Stormageddon
2013-11-23, 12:14 PM
Zapka manages to kill quietly one Orc in his sleep. The other Orc lays nearby loudly snoring.

u-b
2013-11-24, 12:23 AM
Zapka attempts to silently kill some more orcs...

Do until blunder:

Coup de Grace #2: [roll0] damage then Fort DC 20 (i.e. 10 + damage rolled) or die.
Coup de Grace #3: [roll1] damage then Fort DC 24 or die.
Coup de Grace #4: [roll2] damage then Fort DC 16 or die.
Coup de Grace #5: [roll3] damage then Fort DC 24 or die.
Coup de Grace #6: [roll4] damage then Fort DC 24 or die.

Stormageddon
2013-11-25, 01:49 AM
Zapka attempts to silently kill some more orcs...

Do until blunder:

Coup de Grace #2: [roll0] damage then Fort DC 20 (i.e. 10 + damage rolled) or die.
Coup de Grace #3: [roll1] damage then Fort DC 24 or die.
Coup de Grace #4: [roll2] damage then Fort DC 16 or die.
Coup de Grace #5: [roll3] damage then Fort DC 24 or die.
Coup de Grace #6: [roll4] damage then Fort DC 24 or die.

Lets see
Fort [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Stormageddon
2013-11-25, 01:53 AM
Your jaws snap around the second orc has awakenings just in time to die and let out a horrible scream as he falls dead with his blood in your jaws.

Got one turn before the other orcs will react.

Yawielas
2013-11-25, 02:26 AM
Hearing the scream, Yanna aims for the other tents, ready to take out the first orc to emerge.

u-b
2013-11-25, 04:13 AM
Zapka appears from the tent, then disappears into another.

If tents are close (up to 40 feet from inside one to inside another), will move and attack, will prefer a tent with two orcs. Else just move, prefer a tent with one orc (again, if can remember who went where).

Bite: [roll0] for [roll1]

upd: Oops. Anyway, they'll both fight prone or crawling or what...

mythmonster2
2013-11-25, 01:32 PM
Hearing the shout, Ern moves forward, but waits for Yanna to fire at any orcs that would come out, not wanting to get in the way of her shot.

Stormageddon
2013-11-27, 03:13 AM
Zapka appears from the tent, then disappears into another.

If tents are close (up to 40 feet from inside one to inside another), will move and attack, will prefer a tent with two orcs. Else just move, prefer a tent with one orc (again, if can remember who went where).

upd: Oops. Anyway, they'll both fight prone or crawling or what...

You see two orcs in the various states of dress pulling strange looking weapons. Startled by this wolf entering into their tent they orcs stumble backwards just out of reach of your teeth as your jaw mashes air. The level what looks like long cylinders at you and a loud blast erupts from the end of them.

Ranged touch attack 1 [roll0] Damage [roll1]
1 [roll2] Damage [roll3]

Stormageddon
2013-11-27, 03:30 AM
Anyone outside the tent sees three orcs rush out of their tent weapons in hand as two loud explosions echo through the woods.

Yawielas
2013-11-27, 04:29 AM
Yanna lets the first arrow fly towards the emerging orcs, aiming for the first one out of the tent.

Shoot [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Yawielas
2013-11-27, 04:30 AM
(Sorry about double post, damage should be +2 from composite bow, so 10 in total.)

u-b
2013-11-27, 08:03 AM
Zapka yelped when something struck her, but pressed on, first biting a chunk of the orc who hurt her, then clawing and clawing them both.

Full attacking the orcs. If one down, next attacking the second. If both down and an attack left, it goes against the orc hitting her.

Startled by this wolf entering into their tent...

Cat, if you please. A comely black horned cat. Would not be fair for a wolf to claw at things, climb trees and all that. :smallamused:

mythmonster2
2013-11-27, 04:03 PM
Ern waits for Yanna to take her shot, before charging forth to attack the nearest orc.

Charging and using Power Attack
Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

mythmonster2
2013-11-27, 04:09 PM
Double-posting for crit confirmation, since editing has been shown to not work.

Confirmation: [roll0] Extra Damage: [roll1]

Stormageddon
2013-11-28, 01:04 PM
Zapka yelped when something struck her, but pressed on, first biting a chunk of the orc who hurt her, then clawing and clawing them both.

Full attacking the orcs. If one down, next attacking the second. If both down and an attack left, it goes against the orc hitting her.

Cat, if you please. A comely black horned cat. Would not be fair for a wolf to claw at things, climb trees and all that. :smallamused:

Your bite rips a throat out of one of them. You quickly turn following up with two claws disemboweling the poor beast.

Stormageddon
2013-11-28, 01:05 PM
Yanna lets the first arrow fly towards the emerging orcs, aiming for the first one out of the tent.

Shoot [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Your shot takes out an orc through the chest.

Stormageddon
2013-11-28, 01:06 PM
Ern waits for Yanna to take her shot, before charging forth to attack the nearest orc.

Charging and using Power Attack
Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]

You chop the poor bastard in half.

Stormageddon
2013-11-28, 01:09 PM
The last orc levels his weapon Ern and an explosion rips through the camp once again.

Ranged touch [roll0] damage [roll1]

mythmonster2
2013-11-28, 02:04 PM
Ern reflexively flinches at the loud explosion, but he is able to keep enough sense to recognize that unless Zapka had spared one inside her tent, this was the last orc alive. He moved to disarm it of its strange weapon, leaving himself open.
Perform a disarm maneuver to rid the orc of its weapon.

After the AoO, if there is one: [roll0]

Stormageddon
2013-11-28, 03:16 PM
No AoO

You send the weapon flying from the Orc's hands. He still has a short sword at his side though.

mythmonster2
2013-11-28, 03:28 PM
After disarming the orc, he moves his sword so the tip is very close to the orc's body. If he has the chance, he says, slowly, "I do not know if you can understand my words, but I hope you can understand this. Do not reach for your weapon and we will show mercy."

Diplomacy roll: [roll0]

Yawielas
2013-11-29, 07:02 AM
Yanna moves closer, drawing her scimitar and pointing it at the orc. She keeps an eye on the tents in case there's more.

u-b
2013-11-29, 10:03 AM
Zapka inspects if any of two orcs in the tent might be good for some talking, then sticks her head out of the tent to look outside.

"Grrrrr..."

Stormageddon
2013-11-30, 12:24 AM
The orc says "Ofog rauk!" he doesn't seem to be able to speak your language, but he gets the point so to speak, and uses one hand to unlatch his belt holding the sword.

No more movement from the tents.

450 exp each

u-b
2013-11-30, 03:52 AM
Zapka walks out of the tent, slowly circles around the remaining orc and sits right in front of him. She's covered with blood, including a wound on the shoulder, but mostly orc blood. She looks at the orc...

"Grrr..."

...then starts to wash herself exactly like a big cat would do. She seems not to be in hurry.

upd: After reading Read Fused Link again discovered it does not kick in right away, so Zapka does look hurt.

mythmonster2
2013-11-30, 02:41 PM
"Blast, I had hoped you did understand us..." He glanced at the weapon he had rid the orc of. "Still... It seems there is something new at hand here. Have either of you ever seen anything like that?"

Finally, he glanced at Zapka and saw her wound. He asked, "Do you need healing for that wound?"

Yawielas
2013-11-30, 03:58 PM
Yanna carefully picks up the strange weapon, not pointing it towards anyone. She looks it over, and shrugs. "I've never seen anything like this before. What do we do with him?" She nods towards the orc.

Stormageddon
2013-11-30, 06:58 PM
Zapka walks out of the tent, slowly circles around the remaining orc and sits right in front of him. She's covered with blood, including a wound on the shoulder, but mostly orc blood. She looks at the orc...

"Grrr..."

...then starts to wash herself exactly like a big cat would do. She seems not to be in hurry.

upd: After reading Read Fused Link again discovered it does not kick in right away, so Zapka does look hurt.

The Orc flinches at your growl.

u-b
2013-11-30, 08:07 PM
Zapka has one ear pointing at Ern for a moment, then continues to lick the blood, completely ignoring him.

mythmonster2
2013-11-30, 10:42 PM
Ern looks at Zapka for a moment, then shrugs. " So be it, then. We should definitely bring some of these weapons back to the Blackblades. Perhaps they can figure out how they work. As for him..." He looked down at the orc again, and said, "He may not be able to speak to us, but maybe there will be some other way of getting information about where he is from, or what they came here to do. Do either of you have anything to restrain him with?"

Yawielas
2013-12-01, 03:28 AM
" I have some hemp rope, but nothing stronger than that." Yanna finds some rope in her backpack.

u-b
2013-12-01, 08:36 AM
Zapka stops licking the blood for a moment, makes one paw she was just licking the blood off clearly visible for both Ern and the orc, then _slowly_ protrudes the claws out, then _slowly_ retracts them back inside, then "smiles".

mythmonster2
2013-12-01, 03:31 PM
Ern looks at Zapka, confused, before saying, "Just what exactly are you doing? I think he has been intimidated enough, and there is no point in trying to scare him anymore now."

Yawielas
2013-12-01, 04:44 PM
"We should check ut the rest of their camp," Yanna says while tying the orc up with the rope. While she's at it, she searches him for hidden weapons, if he is not resisting.

I guess I should be rolling something for that….. Escape artist:[roll0]
Perception:[roll1]

u-b
2013-12-02, 01:24 AM
When Yanna proceeds with the rope anyway, Zapka continues washing.i

Stormageddon
2013-12-02, 02:37 AM
Alright he looks nicely tied up. Heading back?
[roll0]
[roll1]

mythmonster2
2013-12-02, 03:25 AM
After the orc is tied up, Ern follows Yanna's advice and goes to search the tents, looking for anything that could provide information about them.

If a Perception check is needed... [roll0]

Yawielas
2013-12-02, 05:00 AM
"We should bring the heads back." Yanna grimaces.

u-b
2013-12-02, 06:45 AM
After washing herself clean, Zapka starts to carry/drag all stuff of value towards the orc and put it all into a (hopefully) large pile. This should include at least weapons and armor, but other good stuff too. Also, she's going to find an orcish backpack and put it on top of the pile.

mythmonster2
2013-12-02, 01:25 PM
"Ah, yes, they did ask for that..." Ern visibly expresses his displeasure, but says, "I suppose I can carry out that task, then."

Stormageddon
2013-12-03, 02:31 AM
7 chainshirts
7 strange ranged weapon
100 stranger ammo
7 shortswords
50 gold
19 silver
15 days trail rations tastes aweful

EXP 200 each

mythmonster2
2013-12-03, 02:53 AM
Ern uses his sword to take the heads of the corpses, whispering prayers as he did so for each one. He knew not what lied in store for the orcs after they were killed, but he hoped it would be merciful. After doing the deed, he gathered the bodies together and, without a word, ignites them.

OOC: Is the money per person, or total?

Yawielas
2013-12-03, 03:19 AM
Yanna helps with the dragging and carrying after making sure the remaining orc is not going anywhere. She studies the strange ranged weapons before gathering them in a pile. "We can get the other three on the way back. I wonder if this is the group that attacked the group of adventurers, or if there's more of them..."

u-b
2013-12-03, 06:56 AM
Ok to go back as long as all the remaining loot is picked up and all the loot is carried or dragged by someone (most likely either Ern or the orc).

mythmonster2
2013-12-03, 11:02 AM
Ern will help in carrying the stuff back, prioritizing the weapons, the ammunition, and the armor in that order. After that, good to go.

Yawielas
2013-12-03, 03:49 PM
Yes, ready to go, and we bring the loot (except bad food rations….) and orc heads, plus one living orc.

Stormageddon
2013-12-04, 07:29 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Stormageddon
2013-12-04, 07:32 PM
You make it back to the New Orcus after 2 hours of walking. The guards at the front gate stop you with weapons drawn.

"What is that thing?" Pointing towards the Orc.

mythmonster2
2013-12-04, 09:20 PM
Ern raised his hands in a gesture of peace and said, "It is an orc, and it is our prisoner. We captured it while on a mission for Sergeant Cavan of the Blackblades and thought to bring it back here."

Yawielas
2013-12-05, 02:18 AM
Yanna nods in confirmation, keeping an eye on the orc prisoner. For now she is content to let Ern do the talking.

Stormageddon
2013-12-06, 02:42 AM
"Proceed! We will escort you to the headquarters."

You are brought to the main headquarters, and thanked for your service and each given 400 gp for your work.

400 EXP for completing this mission.

Yawielas
2013-12-06, 03:00 AM
Yanna thanks the sergeant, and puts the gold away in her backpack. "Do you know of ayone else hiring in town?" she asks.

Stormageddon
2013-12-06, 06:23 PM
"hmmm" He scratches his head for a moment "The Keepers could always use help, and I think cleric of the Lord was in here recently looking for help with the plague."

u-b
2013-12-07, 03:31 AM
Near the city Gilly went ahead of the party and met them at the gate as a halfling.

Given 400 gold coins, she raises an eyebrow.

"I think there is a misunderstanding here. We were told about one thousand gold for going there and looking around, then one hundred gold per head. Well... at least that was how I understood it. We brought ten heads, one still on a corresponding body. This should total two thousands gold, no?"

"Do you want a written report? Also, I'd like to visit your headquarters after you finish questioning this orc in case you want to do something based on new information."

Yawielas
2013-12-07, 09:09 AM
Not really having counted the gold, Yanna looks to the halfling, then to the sergeant. "Yes, that was the agreed fee."

mythmonster2
2013-12-07, 03:27 PM
Ern recounts his share and says, "So it was. Once this has been settled, could you tell me where that cleric may have gone?"

Stormageddon
2013-12-07, 04:12 PM
Near the city Gilly went ahead of the party and met them at the gate as a halfling.

Given 400 gold coins, she raises an eyebrow.

"I think there is a misunderstanding here. We were told about one thousand gold for going there and looking around, then one hundred gold per head. Well... at least that was how I understood it. We brought ten heads, one still on a corresponding body. This should total two thousands gold, no?"

"Do you want a written report? Also, I'd like to visit your headquarters after you finish questioning this orc in case you want to do something based on new information."

"Oh so right you are." He looks embrassed, and hands over 800 more gold pieces.

Stormageddon
2013-12-07, 04:15 PM
"You can come back tomorrow. If we are going to get anything out of him it'll be tonight. If you're looking for the cleric he probably went back to the temple of the Lord I bet." He marks the position of the temple on your map.

Yawielas
2013-12-07, 04:45 PM
Yanna takes the roughly 266 gold and adds it to the rest. "Thanks. I'll be back in the morning as well. I'd be interested in hearing what you'd get out of him. This might be a bigger problem than a single group of them raiding." Looking to the other two, she bows a little. "It was good working with you. You're both quite efficient and capable. I would not mind teaming up again."

mythmonster2
2013-12-07, 05:15 PM
Putting the gold away and preparing to leave, Ern says, "I may visit tomorrow, if you have found out anything. For now, though, I bid you all farewell, for I will go to the temple."

Yawielas
2013-12-07, 05:33 PM
"Why would a cleric come here for help with the plague?" Yanna asks the sergeant. "Are you healers as well? Or do they need help investigating? I've no real competence when it comes to diseases, but if there is a mission that requires a soldier, maybe I'll come along." She looks at Ern. "If you don't mind."

mythmonster2
2013-12-07, 06:20 PM
Ern shrugs in response and says, "If you choose to come along, I will not stop you."

Yawielas
2013-12-08, 03:57 AM
Interpreting Ern's answer as meaning he wasn't too keen on her company, Yanna looks to the door. "I have some errands first….Maybe I'll see you there." She nods to the sergeant, and Gilly, and walks out, heading for the market.

u-b
2013-12-08, 04:54 AM
"Whoa! What's up with you all?" - Gilly looks at the door Yanna left through - "Clerics looking for help with the plague. People forgetting to get their coins, twice in a row. Does this plague cause some sort of brain damage? Otherwise, so far I have seen no sign of it. Well, might be for the best, I don't want to be a part of any plague a cleric cannot heal..."

Gilly pauses to count the coins, then gives 266 to Ern. Then gives him 1 more.

"You did carry all the loot back here, did you? Now, want to go sell it yourself? If not, we can visit the stables, you load it all on my horse and get your share from me next time we meet. Like, say, here tomorrow."

Then she does make her thousand-gold-coins-worth report, even if no one seems to want much of it.

"The camp was five tents with ten orcs. Not overly disciplined and all that, but while seven of them were drinking for most of the nignt, the rest did not, so some discipline was present. Anyway, all of them had chainshirts, shortswords and thundertubes. Well, I know as well as you do, that if an orc is ever seen with a shortsword and some other weapon, that other weapon is his main weapon. So, if you can explain a bit about these thundertubes, it would be useful - I'm pretty sure we'll be seing more of them. I mean, all the orcs in that camp had the same, standard-issue equipment and it's not something you see in some random band. Also, they have had under two days worth of food, but were not cooking the bear they have killed. This would mean that either they planned to soon move back somewhere not farther than two days away, or they were expecting to be re-supplied in under two days. This guy we brought will tell you which."

"Ern, show him one thundertube."

Yawielas
2013-12-08, 06:05 AM
Sorry, I thought we'd given rapport since the mission was completed, and I posted that Yanna took the 266 gold.

u-b
2013-12-08, 06:13 AM
Yanna is still eligible to collect her share of the loot. Since she left, she does not get any of the loot in it's natural form, I suppose, but after we sell the stuff some gold will be ready and waiting.

mythmonster2
2013-12-08, 02:49 PM
"You may sell the rest of the items if you wish. As for the... thundertubes..." Ern puts one on the table. "One of them managed to use one on me. It felt as if it had punched straight through my armor. If you would not mind, I would like to keep one of these so I could present it to my order, so that we may attempt our own investigation."

Yawielas
2013-12-08, 03:51 PM
Yanna berates herself quietly on her way to the market. She seriously needed to lose that chip on her shoulder. Everything is not personal. It probably had nothing to do with her mixed heritage. More likely her gender. Leaving like that was stupid, though. Now she wouldn't find out more about those tubes the orcs were carrying. Sighing, she decides to check out the weapons market. She'd been paid, after all.

u-b
2013-12-08, 04:24 PM
Gilly examines the hole in Ern's armor.

"Of course, you can keep as many ot them as you want. Same for ammo and all other stuff. We will just count it against your share."

Stormageddon
2013-12-09, 02:38 AM
"Why would a cleric come here for help with the plague?" Yanna asks the sergeant. "Are you healers as well? Or do they need help investigating? I've no real competence when it comes to diseases, but if there is a mission that requires a soldier, maybe I'll come along." She looks at Ern. "If you don't mind."

"I don't know, and frankly I didn't ask. Blackblades do not deal with plagues. No crime in it."

Stormageddon
2013-12-09, 02:39 AM
Are we meeting up later? Post your actions in your individual IC thread please.