PDA

View Full Version : Council of the Dark Empire

Gaiyamato
2013-11-02, 07:45 PM
In the bowels of the high tower of Jakkak is the council chamber. The six tables of the Dark Supreme Council sit in a crescent shape, with the central chair being held by a large solid black throne.
Lower down is a large ovoid stone table with numerous chairs around it. a massive black crystal resides in the centre of the table.
Baaz Draconian and V'K'kraan'ck elite guards stand to attention at the two doors that enter the main chamber. Above the chamber are box seats where the V'K'kraan'ck nobles sit and watch the proceedings.

Nijtakk and Sikkaan both walk in and take their seats either side of the throne. their bulky carrion-bird like forms filling their V'K'kraan'ck seats. Each one holds a large crystal which they insert into slots in the bench in front of them. Cries of excitement fill the gallery as the huge black crystal in the middle of the room lights up, and with a flash all of the other members of the council appear.

You have been displaced dimensionally and time-wise. When this meeting finishes you will return to your normal place in time and space.

BananaPhone
2013-11-02, 07:54 PM
Vecta

The banqueted festivity of the Frost Giant Jarl House seemed to suspend themselves in time and space - drawing to a halt before melting away.

Fluttering her eyes at the abrupt seizure of reality, Vecta found herself in the council chambers of the High Tower, the helm of the Empires government. Peering around her at the droves full of squawking v'K'kraan'ck, Vecta felt her stomach twitch in disgust at the sight of the hideous creatures - if but she could reach out and strangle each one of the vile things to death.

Alas.

Turning to peer in front of her, Vecta leaned back in the black leather of her chair before looking up at the crescent of the high council above.

She had news to report, that was for sure.

BelGareth
2013-11-02, 09:29 PM
Gaheris was not in a good mood, he had been directly attacked and he was unable to calm his anger, the fool of a leader, the Martyr, even his name was annoying to him, the insolence! He had trusted him, something he still kept onto from his living self, trust...he would have to rid himself of such a notion, there is no trust, only those to be conquered and those who bend the knee...

He stormed off, his heavy armor clanking even in the dirt thudding with each step, Serathis awaited him patiently, his cold dead eyes burning with the same eldritch power that his own eyes burned with...then everything blurred, time slowed down, the stars stopped flashing and his footfalls stopped as he himself stopped...."WHAT THE..." he began....his anger almost getting the better of him, his vision jolted as if he was shunted to another scene of a play and his footfall fell down onto the solid stone of the Council Chamber *CLANK*.

He grinned as he saw where he was, this was good, oh so good he thought to himself.

Not letting the change of scene slow him down he walked smoothly up to his throne, nodding to both Nijtakk and Sikkaan, the old birds had their uses, he was about to request some services of them, scrying the grove lands, and but this was even better.

He saw one of Kythyss's champions of the small council already present, she was making excellent strides from what he heard and only approved of her methods, she would be a fine Champion of the Empire, he would have to keep an eye on her, Kythyss would have to also from what he had heard.

He also noted the vacant seats of his own, those scum sucking forest worshipers had best hurry, though...they probably didn't have a choice in the matter, he would have to sequester one for the Grove conquest, their insight would be invaluable...

He sat down slowly relishing the feeling and removed his helm placing it beside him on the arm of the throne, his face had deteriorated somewhat, his nose having fallen off, and the cheeks were close to doing so, almost all the flesh of his face had gone, his eyes flames of green flickered as he looked over the audience.

does this spell allow for actual transfer of items or is it more temporal than anything?

Gaiyamato
2013-11-02, 09:57 PM
You are physically there with whatever you had on you.

Waxillium Lande
2013-11-02, 10:16 PM
Saera
Saera blinks, taking a slow step back. Carefully, she swings her gaze across the room. A thin trail of sand streams upwards from her bag to her hand, pooling in a small column. Slowly, like a large cat trying to determine if it should pounce, she slinks to her seat, locking eyes with Gaheris as she does so.

Rakaydos
2013-11-03, 11:08 AM
Draj found a seat in a back tier, as befiting his lowly status as First Commander. He was a quiet draconian, but he made sure to watch.

distant quasar
2013-11-03, 11:23 AM
The night around Haven fades suddenly before Elanshai's eyes, being replaced by the council chamber. Nothing of his surprise or distaste shows on his face as he smoothly walks forward to his seat.

Grimsage Matt
2013-11-03, 11:24 AM
Matthazar Silverwood

Pulled through the dreaming to this dark and dank place? How droll. But still, he almost glides, and around him there is the smell of the deep forest in autumn, completely out of place.

With a nod to Saera, and a raised wineglass to Gaheris, he bows deeply to the latter, respectfully.

BelGareth
2013-11-03, 12:06 PM
Gaheris nods at each member as they join....now only for the last of the High council...what in the realm was taking Kythyss?

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-11-03, 03:19 PM
Gil became aware of the shadows that he walked draped in changed. He found himself in a darkly lit room surrounded by mostly unfamiliar faces, the High Council.

Gil clung to the shadows for a while longer, confident of his ability to remain hidden, black hair, black eyes, grey skin, he could stand against a wall in broad daylight and people didn't seem to notice him.

Scanning the room he saw Elanshai at a seat and walked over to join the rest of what he pressumed was the Small Council. With a glance at the armored emperor on the throne he put his feet up on the table and waited.

Waxillium Lande
2013-11-03, 04:29 PM
Saera
Saera widens her eyes and lets out a low hiss. Such disrespect from the fey- to adopt a threatening posture towards his lord!
A thin web of the sand now weaves in between the druid's hands as she glances at the newcomers.

nersxe
2013-11-04, 08:36 AM
Kythyss

Kythyss appears last, landing with her fangs bared and one hand glowing with energy. When she catches sight of the other Council members, she straightens, letting the energy fade. Bowing her head, she murmurs, "my apologies to the assembled. I was in talks with a less-than-trustworthy wight, and I thought the first summons to be a mental spell subtly cast upon me."

That said, she takes her place. A muscle in her thigh jumps occasionally as she tries to come down off her battle-high.

I'm trying to imply that she made her Will save the first time the spell pulled at her, so my character doesn't get penalized for my real-life stuff. Sorry about that.

Gaiyamato
2013-11-12, 11:27 PM
Sikkaan nods as the last of the council take their seats.

"We have convened this first council of the new V'K'kraan'ck Empire under the glorious reign of Emperor Gareth, the chosen of R'ta'nakk'k the Ancient One. As per the traditions of this realm council seats and their titles go to those with the strength to take it or by appointment of the council, including the title of Emperor. Gareth slew the previous Emperor and as such all benefits shall now go to our new Lord. As the destroyer of the previous Ancient One Dark Emperor, Emperor Gareth is now also the first non-V'K'kraan'ck holder of the soul shard of the founder and should now receive it's benefits should he so chose. " she bows low to Emperor Gareth.

Nijtakk bares his teeth and a low hiss emits from them, aimed clearly at his sister Sikkaan. "This is the V'K'kraan'ck Dark Empire." he breathes out to his sister. Anger obvious. "Not the Human Dark Empire. It is bad enough that he has gained the throne, let alone the power of a V'K'kraan'ck Ancient One!!" Nijtakk looks at Gareth "You should relinquish the soul shard to either myself or Si'k'ka'an!"

BelGareth
2013-11-13, 12:23 AM
Gaheris looks at the two V'K'kraan'ck squabbling before him, his head looking to Sikkaan and then to Nijtakk.

A smile forms on his lips, or would if he had lips.

He stands, the considerable weight of his armor clanking as he does so, even at the small task.

"Your sister is right Nijtakk, I have claimed this title through the rites of this realm, those that are weak have no place here, do I need to prove my point with you? I see several capable replacements at this very meeting, are you so eager to become a puppet of Thanifex. I can hear him now, he is whispering to me, he wants your soul, he wants to eat it, to gobble it up and destroy your essence."

He takes another step forward "You and I are fellow council members, yes, but that does not mean we are equals, you would do well to know your place, as advisor."

Do I know anything about the crystal?
Can we hurt each other in this place?

Gaiyamato
2013-11-13, 12:42 AM
You are physically there. You can hurt each other with impunity.
The Crystal is metaphysical. It represents 1/5th of the soul of some sort of powerful God-like V'K'kraan'ck. See my homebrew sig for the Ancient One Template. Think - Highlander. There can be only one...
Anyone who slays an Ancient One may gain the template, though it means becoming a V'K'kraan'ck. Any V'K'kraan'ck who slays an Ancient One immediately gains the template.

Gaiyamato
2013-11-13, 12:46 AM
Nijtakk lowers his gaze for a moment. Seemingly acknowledging his place.
He looks up at Gaheris, his eyes burning with fire and hatred.

"Then I challenge you to a Nik'tch duel, by the rules of this council."

BelGareth
2013-11-13, 12:53 AM
Gaheris nods, "So be it."

[roll0]

What the hell is a Nik'tch duel?

Gaiyamato
2013-11-13, 12:59 AM
You both strip completely naked and are given only a Nik'tch Courtblade (see my homebrew sig) each. You are allowed to use magic or any trick you have. But are not allowed armor or any other items.

The first to concede loses and the realm nobles who are present can chose deal or exile for the loser.
Obviously another seat is about to open up on the council either way however...

Gaiyamato
2013-11-13, 01:02 AM
Si'k'ka'an directs both of you to a raised dias over in one corner of the chamber. The floor made of a hard black crystal. You are instructed to remove all clothing and items and to relinquish Thanifex for the time being (unless you shift Thanifex to a courtblade...).
Nijtakk does the same and is given his courtblade. A huge solid gold piece with writing scrawled all along it in the draconic tongue. Various gemstones cut in small sizes are set alone the middle of the blade making a rainbow pattern down the centre.

BelGareth
2013-11-13, 01:09 AM
Gaheris understands and with a but a thought Thanifex transforms into a Nik'tch Courtblade, the sword is a dark bone like blade, almost pulsing with dark energies.

At a nod, his armor folds open, allowing for Gaheris, his true form to exit, literally walking out of his armor, he steps forward and leaves the armor standing, like a silent sentinel of the duel.

Now naked, once he tears off the tatters of his former garments, he takes Thanifex, and although not proficient in its use, he is still able to swing it with some leverage and skill.

He turns to his opponent, ready for combat.

HP: 162/162
AC: 16
Touch: 11
FF: 15

DR: 15 magic
Fort: +12
Ref: +10
Will: +12

Attacks:
Thanifex +13/+8

Gaiyamato
2013-11-13, 01:24 AM
I will finish statting out Nijtakk tonight as we can do the fight sometime in the next couple of days. :smalltongue:

[roll0] Initiative

HP: 76/76
AC: 14 (mage armor)
Touch: 9
FF: 14

DR: none
Fort: +4
Ref: +1
Will: +11

Attacks: +5 With a Courtblade +2

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-11-14, 03:48 PM
Gilgonn smiled at the disrobing figures, the fools, the one thing you never present an assassin with is opportunity. Stealthly below the table he dips a few of his darts in vile poison.

Waxillium Lande
2013-11-14, 10:32 PM
Saera lets out a loud, high, ululating scream, her eyes wide and bright. The sand around her springs up into the shape of some sort of polearm- pointed, with spikes on both ends, but as long and thick as a quarterstaff.
Out of curiosity, is outside interference allowed?

Gaiyamato
2013-11-14, 10:38 PM
Nope, no outside interference.
But you are free to immediately challenge the winner if you like...
Could wind up a bit like Huo's final fight in the Fearless movie though. lol.
Gaheris could squash most of you in consecutive fights I think. :smalltongue: :smallamused:

BananaPhone
2013-11-15, 01:41 AM
Vecta

Vecta kept a passive face while she watched the proceedings, though internally she was quite jubilant. Finally, from the wood-work had crawled one of those sniveling bird-rats to challenge the emperor over his ethnicity...as if being a filthy walking avian removed one from the realms of disgust. Like a man with power should, the Emperor had told the bird to cram it with wall-nuts - and now Vecta would have the pleasure of watching the feathered idiot end up where he belonged: bleeding on the floor in a broken heap.

Plus, it didn't hurt that it would free up a council spot. Maybe she would bring up the Frost Giants proposition after all.

distant quasar
2013-11-16, 07:37 PM
Elanshai smiles at the scene before him, his blood red lips drawing back to reveal sharp fangs beneath. He licks his licks in anticipation of the slaughter.

Gaiyamato
2013-11-21, 10:08 PM
Striking first Nijtakk lashes out with his Courtblade toward Gareth. His attack slices through the air, barely missing Gareth by the width of a hair.

[roll0] to hit [roll1] damage if hit.

BelGareth
2013-11-21, 11:52 PM
Gaheris knows he is not the fastest fighter, but knows fighting, in both of his lives he was not a novice.

He smiled as the blade wizzed by his face, barely missing him, this was going to be fun.

He shifted his footing slightly, pivoting on his lead foot and pushing with the other moving his blade with the force of his body, slicing at his opponent.

Swift: activate Law Devotion (round 1)
Full attack with Power attack -5
[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3]

takes [roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6] + [roll7] + [roll8]

takes [roll9]

HP: 162/162
AC: 16
Touch: 11
FF: 15

DR: 15 magic
Fort: +12
Ref: +10
Will: +12

Attacks:
Thanifex +13/+8

Gaiyamato
2013-11-22, 12:09 AM
A hush falls over the nobles watching and the entire room as within a single round of combat Nijtakk falls down dead, not even a chance for his final death rattle. His corpse impaled on the end of Thanifex.

Including the 2 levels of energy drain you just aced him in a single round.... :smalleek:

Thanifex requests that you store the soul. :smallcool:

BelGareth
2013-11-22, 12:15 AM
Gaheris looks on with a grin, which fades swiftly, "What a shame" he says as he kicks off the dead carrion. "It didn't even last a round."

He purposefully wheels and looks at everyone, or at least those who dared to return the look, a smug look on his bony face.

Walking back to his armor, it covers him in an instant, the heavy thud of his boot falls is all that can be heard as he walks towards Sikkaan, as he does so, his weapon transforms into a wicked looking longsword, which he places in his scabbard.

"you were saying?"

Just for good measure.
[roll0] (+2 circumstance?)

And he joyously acquiesces to Thanifexs request

BananaPhone
2013-11-22, 12:22 AM
Vecta

Die! Filthy creature, Vecta thought to herself as she watched the horrid avian beast receive its just fate.

Gaiyamato
2013-11-22, 12:23 AM
With a hiss Sikkaan breaks down in tears. "Noo... my brother.. my love.. my husband... you have slain him!!" and in a puff of smoke vanishes she from the council room, along with the corpse of Nijtakk.

Some of the Nobles also seem to instantly vanish from the audience boxes around the room. The remaining V'K'kraan'ck clearly impressed with their new Emperor make sounds of approval. One of them calls out. "Place your hand on the great crystal and claim the Emperor title" in the high pitched scratchy bird-like voice of the V'K'kraan'ck calls out from the boxes.

BelGareth
2013-11-22, 12:46 AM
Gaheris nods in understanding, he needed to touch this thing...it was the final rite, the final act of his ascension.

He reach out with his bony hand and touched the orb.

Gaiyamato
2013-11-22, 12:51 AM
Green light surrounded Gareth, burning into his soul, corrupting and warping it. The experience was not painful, however it was.. disturbing. A spectral image of Gareth as a paladin rose up into the air above him, shining with blue light. An image of a sickly green looking V'K'kraan'ck appeared, and the two began to morph into one another. Forming one whole, twisted, horrible imagery. All the while Gareth could hear the insane cackle of Thanifex in his mind as the last of his decency was stripped and torn from him.
When it finished, the image merging back into Gareth's body he was still human, but in his heart he was an Abomination and he knew it.

Gain the Ancient One Template.

BelGareth
2013-11-22, 01:11 AM
Gaheris touched the stone and suddenly his being was torn apart, he could see his hands, normal human hands, his eyes looked out onto his decrepit skeletal self, as if the human Paladin Gaheris was looking on the Deathknight Gaheris, tears streamed down his cheeks, tears of bitter sweet joy and pain.

Oh the pain.

He reveled in it.

The two merged and now he was looking at a V'K'kraan'ck, the wicked birdlike creature mocked him, cawed and sauntered over to him, threatened to take his human mind from him, the only thing left he had....the tears tasted salty, memories in the back of his mind began to fade, lovers, fathers, mothers, all fading to dust...all turning to mock him, morphing into V'K'kraan'ck, his mind resisted, but the V'K'kraan'ck kept on, until eventually...

It merged with him and the last of his mind snapped, gone was any semblance of Gaheris, now, standing in the room, with the echoes of Thanifex in his alien mind stood another being.

Turning to the council he spoke, blue smoke billowing form his mouth, his eyes flickering like candles int eh darkness.

"Behold, I am truly your Emperor, Behold Tchar'Ka'Nak! Herald and Champion of the Vile and Ancient one Ta'nakk'k!" he bellows, hands upraised to the dome of the room.

Gaiyamato
2013-11-22, 02:23 AM
"All Hail the Emperor!!" come the cries from the nobles.

Grimsage Matt
2013-11-22, 08:38 AM
Raising his wineglass in a toast, he speaks in the language of the fey courts. Those who know him would know it's a sign of respect, him regarding the one he is addressing as the equal to the fey.

"Oaelair fi' foy Yyivyuai'ua. Yiaeil oy wiraegjofyua foi'wy auaaeww yli'gjo fi' aeiruayaekil py viraelllalj ae ai'gv."
Sylvan translation
Hail to the Emperor. May he slaughter those crass enough to already be planning a coup.

BelGareth
2013-11-22, 03:48 PM
After the applause and placating of his throne, he lowers his arms and takes his seat.

Tapping his fingers on the side of the throne he asks the room, specifically those champions present.

"What news do you have?"

BananaPhone
2013-11-22, 04:25 PM
Vecta

Vecta waited several moments for any others amongst her creed to speak up. Seeing a gap to exploit, she figured it was better to deliver the news of the Frost Giant Chiefs "request" while the Emperor was still high upon the wings of victory.

"Your excellency," Vecta spoke up, looking up at the anointed. Her tone was educated and diplomatic.

"While driving the rebel forces from the Frostfell Mountains and exploring its potential uses, I have encountered a civilisation of Frost Giants.

News of our success has reached even their isolated enclaves and they are eager to join our ranks as a confederated member. Their chief is most earnest in his desire to sit at this council and pledge his people to the further veneration of our dominion."

BelGareth
2013-11-22, 05:07 PM
Tchar'Ka'Nak nods, and a smile crosses his face.

"Giants? Yes, this is good news, you have done well Vecta, and from what I have heard in the field, your...troops." he says this with a sly smile "have been very effective. You show yourself above your brethren, it will not be forgotten."

Turning around to the rest of the room, he narrows his eyes "I believe we are missing a few council members..."

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-11-22, 05:19 PM
Gilgonn watched the battle and ascension with awe. Finally, someone worthy of killing for.

At the emperor's statement, Gil glances around the room and frowns deep within his hood, an unsettling sight for any who happen to look as his pupilless eyes, black as a deep lake on a moonless night, make it very difficult for anyone to tell what he is looking at beyond the basic direction that he is looking.

Standing, he bows low with a flourish to the emperor, which looks a little silly do to the fact that Gil's body and build is distorted by the volumios robes and different shirts and jackets that he wears. It makes him difficult to pinpoint just where his body is within the mass of cloth and leather. "My lord, is you wish it, this one could...deal with them for their audacity in making you wait." His voice is steel and raspy with a tone that is unmistakable as absolute fervorance. Gilgon Arnor worships death and this being was death.

Gaiyamato
2013-11-22, 05:31 PM
OOC: He meant missing as in empty seats I think..

IC:
Two small portals open. Through one comes part of a blizzard and a Frost Giant Shaman. "I am Narn, Ruler of the Frost Giants."
Through the other portal comes the smell of sea air and the call of gulls. A Vasharan Dread Necromancer steps through.

BelGareth
2013-11-22, 05:35 PM
The Emperors smile remains as his assassin stands offering to murder the vacant council members,

Waving the man down "I fear several are already close to the abyss" his smile widens somewhat "and others are crossing back over." He pats his weapon seemingly out of habit, but the more keen of intellect could tell it was something else, a tick or even a tell of some kind.

"We must take a vote, But I do not see my associates..."

He turns to watch as the newcomers come unheeded, standing at their entrance he holds his hands in the air with a welcoming gesture "Welcome Narn, you and your peoples will strengthen the Empire, come take your seat! But know, any who challenge you may take it, we rule by power and strength."

He turns to the other "We still need to fill in the remaining position," turning to the others already present personages "Who here has the audacity to claim such a title?"

Grimsage Matt
2013-11-22, 05:36 PM
"My news is not nearly as glorious or uplifting. With the good idiots of Thorn, I've entered talks and made a good impression. At the moment, they look towards trade with the Empire, and with the right approch could be subverted or turned into cannon fodder for a proxy war."

He takes a sip of the wine.

"In fact, we could keep the orcs busy by pointing the horde at them. Or of course the classic 'human assassians hired to kill Orc leader' approch holds the benifit of being a classic."

Gaiyamato
2013-11-22, 05:37 PM
OOC:
You had Nijtaak's, Sikaann's and the former Emperor's seats on the high council to fill.
If the high council votes to allow Narn that leaves 2.

Grimsage Matt
2013-11-22, 05:45 PM
"And as for one of the remaining seats? I do not fight in the open. I am a silver tongue that works best when it is heard, but not seen. I would lose to the more... direct members of the council, so I'll leave the paranoia and being the target for every poisoned dagger between the shoulder blades to someone else."

With that said, he pulls out a cheese, with almonds and cherries baked within, and snacks on it as he sips his wine.

BelGareth
2013-11-22, 06:00 PM
The Emperor nods at his champions speech and report "Your words carry wisdom as usual, this Thorn nation must be leveraged to our advantage, but you are wise in the ways of Subtlety, where I am not, you do good work, one day it will be rewarded."

Looking around he smiles "As there are no other members, I accept you into the Council Narn, welcome."

Not sure who the other members are? Is kythis present and what about the Vasharan?

Gaiyamato
2013-11-22, 06:05 PM
The Vasharan ruler can be assumed to have been added to the council by the previous Dark Emperor. So he can sit down and join in right away.

Kythyss can vanish, adding another free seat for you guys to fill in.

Calling for nominations/volunteers after voting Narn in would be the best way to do it.

BelGareth
2013-11-22, 06:08 PM
I'll wait for the vote to include the frost giants and then nominate someone.

Gaiyamato
2013-11-22, 06:11 PM
OOC:
Wait.. with Kythyss gone that for a brief moment leaves you as the ONLY member of the Supreme council. You can just appoint whoever you feel like!!
Or add the Vasharan and Narn and the call for nominations for the remaining 3 positions.

BelGareth
2013-11-22, 06:17 PM
I edited above, accepting Narn into the council

"And now we have 3 positions to fill," his head swivels slowly "My first nomination is Vecta, she has proven an adept and canny agent of the Dark Empire and is responsible for locating Narn and his people."

Gaiyamato
2013-11-22, 06:18 PM
Narn nods, seemingly fitting right into the Supreme Council role without much fuss or bother. "I would too accept Vecta, it is she who brought me here and did me and my people honor by allow me to join your council as I had requested."

Welcome to the Supreme Council Vecta!
You may change your character to be a level 9 standard DnD character. :smallcool:

BelGareth
2013-11-22, 06:22 PM
The Emperor nods, "It is decided, 2 out of 3 votes, Vecta, Welcome to the High council! Come take your seat."

He looks to the others and smiles, now this was interesting, all of these champions all had abilities, but who shined above the rest? Who was truly wanting of such a role, such responsibility, Matthazar already showed his disinterest, which left Gilgonn, Draj, Elanshi, and Saera.

"Which of you want this position?"

It was a simple question, but weighted beyond belief.

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-11-22, 07:27 PM
"I exist serve, my Lord. And the Supreme Council position would increase my capacity to do so. If the council wills it. Also Elanshai would be a superb choice, based on my brief interactions with him, if he is so interested.

Gillgonn stands front and center before the council, his grey skin and small horns and black hair visible now that he has removed his hood.

Ionbound
2013-11-22, 08:29 PM
The Vasharan smiles and says, "Well, now. I came here for a reason. I think I should get a spot, and if anyone wishes to stand in my way..." She trails off, and then smirks, "I would wish for them to try. I need some new servitors, after all."

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-11-22, 08:53 PM
Gil smirks at this upstart. "You wish to fight for it? If you seek death, I will grant it, if it pleases the supreme council."

Gilgonn begans to study the minute details of this necromancer. Minor muscle movements and twitches, tells and weaknesses.

Gaiyamato
2013-11-22, 08:56 PM
OOC:
firedaemon33 already has a spot.

The current Supreme council is:
BelGareth
firedaemon33
Banana
My NPC

+ 1 more spot which will be either Dagul or the Vampire Lord

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-11-22, 08:58 PM
OOC: Nice, near fight over a simple lack of comunication. Arrogance for the win!

BelGareth
2013-11-22, 08:59 PM
The Emperor scowls at Gilgonn "You are speaking to a High council member, it would do well to remember your place, however, our rules do allow for combat by trial, are you wishing this?"

Turning to the others "I believe he is an appropriate nomination for the position, he has the guts to see it through, and to stand to his convictions...does anyone support his nomination?"

Ionbound
2013-11-22, 09:07 PM
Danrys smiles and says, "He is...intriguing...I will not oppose him."

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-11-22, 09:15 PM
Gil steps back with horror, apparently this new arrival was not his competition, but his superior. His throat felt dry, so close to death.

He held his tongue, lesson learned while the supreme council decided his fate.

Gaiyamato
2013-11-22, 10:13 PM
"I like him. But I am not sure if I should kill him or admit him to the council. I will abstain for now."

OOC: Passing the vote.

BelGareth
2013-11-23, 09:59 AM
The Dark Emperor hisses "Indeed, I have not seen anything particularly impressive....perhaps a duel between the top two? Elanshi, would you be willing to....indulge?" he says with a smile.

distant quasar
2013-11-23, 10:30 AM
Elanshai's face had grown into a large, bloodthirsty smile as his Emperor triumphed so easily over the foolish carrion. Truly, he had chosen to serve one worthy of his respect.

Now as his Emperor speaks, he turns towards Gilgonn. His eyes flick over him, showing only calculation... and hunger.

Elanshai turns again to the Dark Emperor, bowing his head and speaking one word. "Gladly."

BananaPhone
2013-11-23, 10:32 AM
Vecta

The common tongue was not capable of expressing the euphoria that bubbled throughout Vecta's figure as she was elevated to a position on the High Council.

The idea that her, a peasant girl, could transcend from her hopeless place in the world into one of its most prominent was...

Standing up, the blonde moved up the stairs and placed herself down upon the vacant council seat that had now been cleared of that avian "womans" feathered behind. She was the religious authority of the land now.

Ionbound
2013-11-23, 02:33 PM
Danrys smiles, and asks the Emperor quiety, "Tell me, may I have the corpse of the loser?" After he answers, she then turns to her champion Ghuuthra, and says, "Be ready."

BelGareth
2013-11-23, 02:41 PM
The Emperor nods, "But of course Danrys," he motions to the two champions.

"You may proceed."

distant quasar
2013-11-23, 02:50 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Elanshai's lips draw back, revealing pointed fangs, his eyes shining a fiendish red light.

EDIT, OOC: Is this necessarily a fight to the death? I believe my Dominate ability could end the battle with ease, and without removing Dagul from the game.

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-11-23, 03:18 PM
Initiative [roll0]

Gilgonn showed no outward emotion. This fight was pointless, but his emporer had commanded it.

He would have given the postition to Elanshai, if the vampire had but asked that it be him. Now Gilgon would have to kill or at least defeat his rival lest he appear weak.

He drew his rapier and branddished it before him.

distant quasar
2013-11-23, 03:50 PM
Elanshai strides forward confidently, until he stands directly in front of Gilgonn. At first he says nothing, simply staring deeply into his opponent's eyes.

Will Save vs. DC 18 Dominate Person. If it proves effective, add:

"Put your weapon down, foolish man. Bow to me and you may yet live."
He looks to his own superior.
"But only if the Emperor wishes it."

EDIT: Never mind, I didn't see your post in the OOC. Disregard this, see below for actions (no rolls in edits :smallsigh:)

distant quasar
2013-11-23, 03:55 PM
Then, without warning, he suddenly lashes out with incredible force.

Slam: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1] and 3 negative levels, granting me 15 temp hp.

EDIT: well:

If an attack that includes an energy drain scores a critical hit, it drains twice the given amount.

So six negative levels, one hit kill. Unless you're immune? And I got 30 temp hp. Lol.

As Gilgonn's lifeless body falls before him, Elanshai seems incredibly... invigorated.

Ionbound
2013-11-23, 04:19 PM
Danrys giggles, and then sighs at the sheer speed of the combat. She says, "I believe this is where I take over? Unless you, Elanshai, would prefer me to leave him to your...tender mercies? A full vampire is useful in certain ways that even the greatest mortal manipulators of dark power cannot replicate."

Gaiyamato
2013-11-23, 07:12 PM
The frost giant bursts out into laughter for a moment. "I think the Vampire should sit up here with us. He seems much more useful and worthy, his soon-to-be minion can stay down at the lower table for now."

distant quasar
2013-11-23, 09:30 PM
Elanshai shrugs at Danry's comment. "It is already done. He will rise as my slave shortly."

At Narn's comment he merely smiles, waiting for the word of the Emperor.

BelGareth
2013-11-23, 10:02 PM
he nods at the frost giants comment.

"agreed," he looks towards Darys and Vecta " but we need a third vote"

BananaPhone
2013-11-24, 02:05 AM
Vecta

Personally Vecta didn't care either way - she didn't understand why the ability to punch really hard should elevate one into a position of leadership and authority.

After long moments of impassive silence, Vecta spoke up, "Very well."

Ionbound
2013-11-24, 07:32 AM
Danrys shakes her head and says, "I apologize, I was a bit lost in excitement there. I am in favor of his appointment."

distant quasar
2013-11-25, 05:03 PM
As the unanimous approval of his appointment to the council comes in, Elanshai calmly steps up to his new seat.

BelGareth
2013-11-25, 06:03 PM
The emperor nods in approval as Elanshi, takes his seat in the High Council.

"Is there anything else that needs to be covered? If not, I am eager to return back to where I was. The Grove grows weary on me, and the Martyr is offensive, he had the audacity to provoke me, attacking me on neutral grounds, I was trying to halt the movement of conquest, so that we may deal with these other powers rising to the west." he looked at the druid and fey "You two are handling things there, hurry things along, I may end up down there sooner than you'd think. The grove is annoying, but I think they would be a valuable asset, conquest is not an option for them, destruction or vassaldom, we just need to find a way for them to see it."

He turns to Vecta and Narn "And you two have the North West, with the inclusion of the Frost Giant armies, we are more than a reckoning for any in that area, from what I recall, maybe Haven might be a good place to start? I will send Shaerin to you, after I arrange some....things."

Then turning to Danrys with a wicked smile "And you, how do our fleets fare? I must admit, I was not aware of any, are they under construction still, or do we plan on taking what is rightfully ours from those who sail the seas already?"

"Speak! our time may be running low, and we may not have another chance to discuss things."

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-11-25, 06:37 PM
The rumpled corpse of Gilgonn Arnor lay splayed before the council, lying still and lifeless. The beautiful rapier he had weilded on the ground a few paces from him. After several minutes a finger on the outstreched hand began to twitch.

The rushing form of Elanshai had been the last thing that Gilgonn had seen before meeting the blackness of death. Now his eyes fluttered open and his body awoke to pain. He had seen the otherside, this life or rather unlife was disturbing. Unbalanced. Uncomfortable.

Raising to his knees, Gilgonn felt the changes, and they hurt. The total black of his eyes split and a red pupil like the eye of a cat appeared. They grey of his skin darkened and became more ashy as his flesh hardened. His already execptional senses, sharpened further, an immpossibility, or so he had thought.

The memories of his life dulled and faded to his subconcious. But in the back of his mind he felt a change, a commanding force, a beacon of guiding light, a powerful ball of will. It was Elanshai, in his mind, impressing his will upon Gilgonn.

He stifled a scream as the bones in his face and body, cracked and reshaped, and a terrible thirst came upon him.

Remaining knelt, "Your servant lives once more. What is your command? My master. he said in a firm and steelish voice, but keeping his eyes cast down.

Ionbound
2013-11-25, 07:38 PM
Danrys says, "Before we leave, may I make a battle plan proposal? If we enter Arnil from the North, and sweep through there, we'll be in flanking position with Haven to eliminate the West Orcs. Of course, once we're done there, we'll eliminate Haven. As for fleets, they will be in place blockading Haven soon. We can force them to work with us, and then betray and destroy them."

BelGareth
2013-11-26, 02:53 PM
The emperor nods, "This is good."

Looking around at everyone he smiles, things had changed, but it was for the better.

"I tire of this," he says, stepping forward with a clank. "Let it be over."

How do we end this?

distant quasar
2013-11-26, 03:34 PM
OOC: May we say that I speak before you request that the meeting be over?

((As Gilgonn rises))

Elanshai smiles as Gilgonn rises. It was good to see the man had spirit, and certainly abilities.
"You may rise, Gilgonn. For now, things will be as they were; you will accompany me still when our meeting here concludes."

"If I may offer some of my own advice here? I anticipate that I will soon be in position to wreck Haven's navy, if not decimate it entirely. It may be wise to delay the positioning of our fleets accordingly...

Tell your sailors to watch for odd weather," he adds, almost as an afterthought.

Gaiyamato
2013-11-26, 04:09 PM
How indeed? Do any of you speak V'K'kraan'ck?

BelGareth
2013-11-26, 04:14 PM
Does the Emperor after technically becoming one?

Gaiyamato
2013-11-26, 04:15 PM
Not unless you spent skill point on it....

BelGareth
2013-11-26, 04:19 PM
Can I summon Nitjaak the Liche?

Gaiyamato
2013-11-26, 05:11 PM
Thanifex reports it lost control of the Liche...:smallcool:

distant quasar
2013-11-26, 05:18 PM
Has a dastardly plot by our enemies left us eternally trapped in an extra-dimensional council meeting? Or just our own stupidity?

EDIT: How about one of the people who haven't assigned languages for their characters yet pitch in and say they know V'K'kraan'ck?

Gaiyamato
2013-11-26, 05:25 PM
I am fine with a couple of the new guys adding the language to their sheets.

But yes, your own foolishness has left you in an amusing situation.

BelGareth
2013-11-26, 05:40 PM
[How do we get out of this damnable place, you were held by my predecessor, they must have done this before.]

omnitricks
2013-11-26, 05:46 PM
Because I have alter self, I'm just gonna say that I altered self to fit in with the rest of the bird crowd here. No one should know who the spy person is anyway :P
Along with everyone else in the chamber, Oelippe had a chance to see just how troublesome it is going to be to rise in power. For him it was not worth it to risk his life, or freedom to actually take a shot at a seat. Like someone else pointed out, a person like him would lose to the more direct members of the council.

But looks like now, he had a chance even if it was nothing more than to be known to the members of the Council. As a V'K'kraan'ck he moved forward asked after a brief bow, "my Lord Emperor. Is there a problem? Would you require any assistance?"
Just realized but...aren't there a lot of other bird men in the chamber as well? XD

Gaiyamato
2013-11-26, 05:47 PM
[Actually no. This is the first time anyone other than the former advisors and the Vile God have used the chambers. No one else knows how it works, not even myself. I lack the ability to translate the language for you as well.]

Yes there are others. But they have no way of physically getting down to you to read the runes on the Supreme Council panels where the control crystals are.
Also trust would be a potential problem there....

distant quasar
2013-11-26, 05:50 PM
No one can, say, cast Tongues? :smallfrown:

BelGareth
2013-11-26, 05:58 PM
Gaheris looks around suddenly, they were trapped....he couldn't get out, what was he going to do? Could he...no, there was nothing, not even Thanifex his....no, DAMNIT.

Oh, the poor Paladin is confused, nice to finally see you come out of my shadow, now, where were we, oh yeah, we were going to kill several of these stupid birdeses....

No! you can't!

Why not?
Why not?
Why not?

You were right to ask for death, his life is meaningless, he can't even pull himself together, a simple task, this thing...ugh, this body, I hate it, it's repugnant, no feathers, and....ah, I have no beak, how you filthy humans eat is beyond me!

Shut it, we need to concentrate, else we'll be locked here forever!

"my Lord Emperor. Is there a problem? Would you require any assistance?"

The Dark Emperor whirls angrily at being disturbed by a damned onlooker.
"MAY THE VILE GOD DAMN YOU TO AN ETERNAL TORTURE, WHY IN THE HELLS YOUR SOUL WILL RESIDE DID YOU INTERUPT ME?"

He Looms over the speaker "YES I NEED SOME DAMN HELP!"

Grimsage Matt
2013-11-26, 06:08 PM
"My lord, it stands to reason that being made by the noble avians, it may respond favourably to their tongue? I can speak a touch of it, not as well as a native speaker, and I know little of the rites that bind it, but perhaps I can be of service?"

Rule one, always ask the boss, and when he is pissed off? Ask very, very nicely.

Ionbound
2013-11-26, 06:08 PM
Danrys sighs, and whispers to Ghuuthra, "And so, it appears something has gone wrong. Typical really. But since we now have some time to chat, tell me. Does anybody on our Isles know how to teleport? Or am I going to have to ask a favor of someone to get onto the main continent."

omnitricks
2013-11-26, 06:12 PM
"Ah..." Oelippe said trying to maintain his composure so that he wouldn't soil his pants or whatever it was the bird people wore. "If you would calm down and explain what it is you need maybe I can help" and after a brief moment of pause added "the new Emperor shouldn't have to deal with these undignified problems in front of his loyal subjects when his lowly lackeys can do it..."

Using Bluff to deliver a secret message that everyone is watching the new emperor losing his cool. Hopefully hinting that I'm on your side? XD
[roll0]

BelGareth
2013-11-26, 06:12 PM
The Emperor nods to Matthazar....sighing heavily "Always the voice of reason Matthazar, I knew there was a reason I raised you to this table" he gestures to the item "Go, yes, go ahead."

He points to the new speaker, "Help him, perhaps you are useful."

omnitricks
2013-11-26, 06:16 PM
"Of course" Oelippe says before moving to the item in question and waiting for Matthazar to proceed with the examination. At least now there is someone else to take the explosion if it happens.

Grimsage Matt
2013-11-26, 06:37 PM
Looking over the thing, Matthazar groans. This is not good.

"My lord, I have good news, and bad news. The good news is that the password to the device is in V'K'kraan'ck. The bad news is that it's in a very shifting morasses harder to get through then the concept of hygeine to a Brollshlagg boggart. I humbly apologize my lord, but my talents like more to the spoken then the written, and I have not needed to decode anything like this before."

He looks to the more.... sneaky members of the council.

"Perhaps, if they would be so inclined, a member could try to activate it blindly? Either that or sort through a lanaguage they don't get for a while trying to get it to work. Of course, if one who is more skilled at decoding could help, I could handle the translation.

And not to put it bluntly my lord, but I would speak to your wizards on getting the device attuned to Thanifex as soon as possible."

Grimsage Matt
2013-11-26, 06:56 PM
"My lord, I'll try and see if there is an.... alternitive means of exit, and try and bring back some addtional... assistance."

With that, Matthazar makes himself less... real for a lack of a better word, and tries to shift just outside the council chambers.

Basicly, the closest open space outside the chambers

omnitricks
2013-11-26, 07:03 PM
As Matthazar gives up on the item, Oelippe goes to take a look for himself.

"Obviously, I can read the password myself. I could try activating it blindly as well..." he said with his voice trailing off as he was not too fond with the idea. "The only problem with this plan is that using the device needs two people and I only make...one."

Watching Matthazar trying to teleport out, Oelippe asks "maybe you can bring in someone else that can help with this?"

omnitricks
2013-11-26, 08:07 PM
Oelippe was not too happy seeing Matthazar getting sucked back in noting that he should find a means of escape for next time in case its needed.

After that he proceeds to attempt activating the item blindly together with whoever is assisting him, or he is assisting with a few "Boo, wee, waa, waas" and some "Ooooooo, ooooooo, ooooooo, oooooo" together with "Meee Mawwww Meeeee Mawwwwww" for good measure.

With 10 hours of continuous failures, Oelippe states "you're doing it wrong..." before continuing on despite his exhaustion to his pride for this spectacle hoping that it will finally work.

From hour 10 onwards I guess?
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

Looks like a success on hour 13. Gonna go bed now ciao.

Gaiyamato
2013-11-26, 08:10 PM
wow isn't that odd how the dice roller gave both of us hour 13 to succeed even with completely separate dice rolls.. lol.

Congratulations you all get out and go home!!! :smallsmile:

Omni and R-Group are the only players in the Capital right now. Which means new thread for them!!!

R-Group
2013-11-26, 08:23 PM
Geez, you guys go so fast I'm not able to keep up. Assuming that I could speak with my Leader during those thirteen hours.

"No, my Master, I do not believe there are any Mages of that skill resident upon the Isles. Teleportation is a fickle study. There may even be few in the entire world who have mastered it. Might I suggest, that - rather than seeking a favor from another which eventually must be repaid - we set you up aboard a speedier galleon? That way, you may accompany our fleets, as well.

While I am in the Capital, I can manage our affairs until you arrive. That is, unless you direct otherwise."

Gaiyamato
2013-11-26, 08:33 PM
Players may retcon anything that is reasonable into those 13 hours. Go for it.