PDA

View Full Version : text colors

littlebum2002
2013-11-02, 08:40 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to show this....

(In case this is read before I figure it out, how do you show code? For instance, I want to show the "[COLOR="blank"]" without actually changing the color so I can show you what's going wrong

Emperor Tippy
2013-11-02, 08:51 PM
Like this

Quote and find out.

littlebum2002
2013-11-02, 08:57 PM
Good example:
If I go to the palette selection, and choose the orange color, it inserts that into my post. Then, the little bar under the "A" on the palette icon turns orange, so that the next time you click it, it inserts [COLOR="orange"]. Works like a charm.

Broken example: [COLOR="Magenta"]
If I do the exact same thing with magenta, it shows that, and the little bar under the "A" turns magenta, etc, etc. However, if I now click the icon, it instead inserts [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"] which (I'm assuming) is the RGB value for magenta. However, it doesn't actually turn the text magenta. See?

[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"] Hello

So there are really 2 issues here. First, clicking that button should insert [COLOR="Magenta"]. Second (which is probably an issue with BBCode and not fixable by mods on this board) is that you should probably be able to change text color by using RGB code.

Rawhide
2013-11-02, 09:07 PM
First: Please do not double post. Use the edit button to add additional information to your post if you forget to include something. There's also a delete button for when you accidentally do so. Please use them.

Second: This is a known issue, but isn't actually site related. It is entirely dependent on your browser. If you select the code from the drop down menu again, it will work, you just can't click the quick option on several browsers.

littlebum2002
2013-11-02, 11:39 PM
First: Please do not double post. Use the edit button to add additional information to your post if you forget to include something. There's also a delete button for when you accidentally do so. Please use them.

Second: This is a known issue, but isn't actually site related. It is entirely dependent on your browser. If you select the code from the drop down menu again, it will work, you just can't click the quick option on several browsers.

Sorry about the double post. I've been doing PbP a lot lately, so my forum etiquette has gotten rusty.

Second: I know about selecting it from the drop down menu, I was just pointing out the error with the quick option. The browser that's giving me the trouble is Chrome for Android. I guess I'll try Firefox, but would you know offhand of any Android browsers that work? Having to click that little arrow then find the right color is mildly inconvenient on a PC, but a real pain in the neck on a phone.

EDIT: (See, I still remember, sometimes!) Thanks mods for all the hard work. I know how thankless of a job it can be.