PDA

View Full Version : Best D&d Prop Ever!

Diego_Gamling
2013-11-03, 09:19 AM
Hi,
I'm a long time D&D enthusiast, I'm a DM, with several campaigns in my pocket, and a Player with many a happily retired character. I'm also a backer for a project on kickstarter. Everyone's heard of the 'Deck of Many Things', and if you haven't, you should look it up now. The deck is the single most fun, intriguing and devastating magical artifact in D&D history. It's also interactive, making it even more enjoyable an experience for both players and DMs alike.
Well, on kickstarter, there's a project. A re-imagining of the deck of many things. It's already reached it's funding goal, so at this point it's definitely going to be happening, but now extra goals are available if we can get further funding. Aside from superb artwork upon an otherwise awesome prop item, this deck is also being expanded. For those who buy a deck from kickstarter, a limited edition card will be included along with all of the original cards. This card is an amazing addition, and (of course) it's effects lie completely with the DM. Wow. This makes this DOMT not only original and up to date, but unique. Now the extra goals that have been announced TODAY allow for more cards in the future, if we can get enough funding that is...So if these goals are met, which they can be if people like you invest in the best and most beautiful D&D prop in gaming history, there will be, as well as all 22 original cards, another 10 NEW cards added to the deck. I personally am very excited, and couldn't pass up this opportunity, so I'm buying 2 decks. All I'm asking is for you guys to have a look, and support an amazing project.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1997853065/deck-of-many-things
Take a look. I don't think I will get in trouble for this post, but if I do, I AM ACTING INDEPENDENTLY OF BOTH KICKSTARTER.COM AND THE PROJECT LEADERS OF THE DECK OF MANY THINGS, THIS IS JUST A RECOMMENDATION.
Now, as this is a Forum post, I would very much like to hear about everyone's run ins with the Deck of Many Things, or any other magical artifact in your games. Tell us a story!
Thanks for reading,
Michael..