PDA

View Full Version : Friends Blog Post

Comissar
2013-11-03, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure where this falls on the rules for advertising. One of my friends has recently started a blog about the natural world. I thought it'd be something worth sharing with people, but, the blog is a part of a larger website which is primarily commercial. Would it be considered an infraction if I were to link to my friends blog specifically?

Mystic Muse
2013-11-03, 05:31 PM
I'll wait for one of the mods to properly answer your question, but the advice Roland always gives in these situations is "Err on the side of caution."

Basically, when in doubt, don't post. Asking is always best in situations where you want to post, but aren't sure of course. :smallsmile:

Roland St. Jude
2013-11-03, 07:10 PM
Sheriff: I assume you don't have any commercial interest in this blog (or the larger website) and would want to link to it because it's content is of interest to you and to the forumites here. If that's all true, it shouldn't be a problem to start a single thread to discuss the blog and link to it.

If any of the above is not quite true, I'd advise against it. If you're just doing this for a friend, who does make money off this blog, I'd advise against it. If the blog page itself is overly commercial, ad-laden, sells things, I'd advise against it.

It's hard to judge these things in the abstract, so don't take this as permission.