PDA

View Full Version : We need more holidays! (3.X)

gurgleflep
2013-11-03, 03:19 PM
Well, since Halloween just passed and I couldn't change the title of the other thread due to how long it's been alive (and with a push from Debihuman :smallwink:), I've decided to just open up a general holiday themed homebrew thread!

This is pretty much an anything goes homebrew thread, you can post monsters, classes, PrCs, weapons, spells, items, templates, links to homebrew you've made/seen/used... anything! :smallbiggrin:
Joke holidays such as Talk Like a Pirate Day are allowed for this as well, so have fun doing your thing :smallcool:

You can find the previous thread here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300377)

D20ragon
2013-11-03, 03:32 PM
Hmmm. Not to good at 'brew myself(besides original games,and I can't speak for the balance level of those),but fairly good at fluff. Anyone want holiday homebrew fluff?

GreaserFish
2013-11-03, 06:34 PM
I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread and contribute to it later.

kreenlover
2013-11-03, 08:55 PM
Yay, she be back!

Should we port the non-halloween stuff over/ (Like my humbug template?) or leave it?

gurgleflep
2013-11-03, 10:07 PM
Go ahead and port the non-Halloween stuff over, lets get this party started! :smallbiggrin:

GoblinGilmartin
2013-11-03, 10:22 PM
Well, I don't have anything statted up, but last year I wrote a standalone module where The Krampus kidnapped children, and Santa Clause tasked you with saving them before Christmas was over.

Zaydos
2013-11-03, 10:35 PM
Porting Evil Goblin Santa

Bargrivyek (see Wikipedia or 2e Monster Mythology),the goblin god of unity, has found a way to reward his loyal followers. Every year, during the depth of winter, he sends a special herald to reward the goblins that have upheld his teachings most devoutly, avoiding in-fighting and expanding goblinoid civilization onto the surface. This herald, known as Nicked Claws for the pair of metallic claws that extends from his hands, flies through the air in a war-chariot pulled by eight wyverns sometimes led by a ninth red-nosed wyvern. From this war-chariot he rains down death and destruction on the most powerful neighboring human or orcish settlement clearing the way for further goblinoid advancement rewarding the goblins for their faithfulness.

Nicked Claws
Nicked Claws is an advanced bone devil with certain unique features and abilities.
Size/Type: Large Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful)
Hit Dice: 18d8+108 (189 hp)
Initiative: +9
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), flight 60 ft (good) [fly spell]
Armor Class: 29 (-1 size, +5 Dex, +11 natural, +4 Deflection), touch 18, flat-footed 24
Base Attack/Grapple: +18/+28
Attack: Bite +23 melee (1d8+6)
Full Attack: Bite +23 melee (1d8+6) and 2 claws +23 melee (1d8+3; 18-20/x3) and sting +23 melee (3d4+3 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities, augmented critical, fear aura, poison, summon devil
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/good, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to fire and poison, profane grace, resistance to acid 10 and cold 10, see in darkness, spell resistance 25, telepathy 100 ft.
Saves: Fort +21, Ref +20, Will +19
Abilities: Str 22, Dex 21, Con 22, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 18
Skills: Bluff +17, Concentration +27, Diplomacy +6, Disguise +2 (+4 acting), Handle Animal +16, Hide +22, Intimidate +27, Knowledge (Religion) +23, Listen +23, Move Silently +26, Search +23, Sense Motive +19, Spot +23, Survival +2 (+4 following tracks)
Feats: Ability Focus (fear aura), Ability Focus (poison), Improved Initiative, Improved Natural Weapon (claws)B, Improved Multiattack, Iron Will, Multiattack, Quicken Spell-like Ability (Invisibility).
Organization: Unique, accompanied by 8 or 9 Baatorian attack wyverns
Challenge Rating: 13
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Lawful evil

Nicked Claws is recognizably a bone devil but his long service as a proxy to his deific master has twisted his diabolic form. Unlike most bone devils Nicked Claws is not gaunt, but almost morbidly corpulent, his huge body restrained by ribs that remain pressed against his maggot-colored skin. Even his scorpion-like tail is covered in heavy layers of fat and lard.

His hands end in two massive, metallic claws, nicked and damaged from ages of serving his infernal master as personal destroyer.

Combat:

Nicked Claw primarily fights from the back of his chariot using fireball, call lightning storm, and ice storm to devastate land-bound foes and wall of ice to trap them.

When attacking a village he will surround it with walls of ice before actually taking to the air, his various spell-like abilities destroying the structures of the town. His summoned lemures move about the ground slaughtering those who would attempt to run from the town; or his pair of bone devils if he is expecting stronger resistance.

When forced to engage powerful foes Nicked Claws uses Invisibility to his advantage quickly turning invisible to reposition himself and get into position to attack the weaker enemies. He will also be careful to maintain an active Fly spell even though he has his chariot.

Augmented Critical (Ex): Nicked Claw's claws are particularly wicked threatening a critical hit on an 18-20 and dealing triple damage on a crit.

Fear Aura (Su): Bone devils can radiate a 5-foot-radius fear aura as a free action. Affected creatures must succeed on a DC 25 Will save or be affected as though by a fear spell (caster level 11th). A creature that successfully saves cannot be affected again by the same bone devil’s aura for 24 hours. Other devils are immune to the aura. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude DC 27, initial damage 1d6 Str, secondary damage 2d6 Str. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Profane Grace (Su): Nicked Claw adds his Charisma to AC as a deflection bonus and to saves as a resistance bonus.

Spell-Like Abilities: At will—greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), call lightning storm (DC 19), dimensional anchor, fireball (DC 17), fly, ice storm, invisibility (self only), major image (DC 17), wall of ice. Caster level 16th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Summon Devil (Sp): Once per day Nicked Claw can attempt to summon 4d10 lemures with a 90% chance of success, or two bone devils with a 75% chance of success. This ability is the equivalent of a 6th-level spell.

Baatorian War Wyvern
Size/Type: Large Dragon (Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 11d12+33 (104 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), fly 90 ft. (good)
Armor Class: 20 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +10 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 19
Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+19
Attack: Sting +14 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) or talon +14 melee (2d6+4) or bite +14 melee (2d8+4)
Full Attack: Sting +14 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +12 melee (2d8+4) and 2 wings +12 melee (1d8+2) and 2 talons +12 melee (2d6+4)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Poison, improved grab, smite good
Special Qualities: Darkvision 90 ft., DR 5/magic, immunity to fire and sleep and paralysis, low-light vision, resistance to cold 10 and electricity 10, scent, spell resistance 18
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +8, Will +8
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 9
Skills: Hide +11, Listen +15, Move Silently +15, Spot +18
Feats: Ability Focus (poison), Flyby Attack, Improved Flight, Improved Initiative, MultiattackB
Challenge Rating: 10.
Alignment: Lawful Evil

When Nicked Claws finds it necessary to allow his wyverns to join the battle he releases them from their bindings to the war-chariot with a simple command word. They fight like any other wyverns using their superior speed and maneuverability in the air compared to their kin to make devastating sting strafes or landing and making use of their full array of natural weapons.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a wyvern must hit with its talons. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and stings.

Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude DC 20, initial and secondary damage 2d8 Con. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Skills: Wyverns have a +3 racial bonus on Spot checks.

Red Nosed Baatorian War-Wyvern: Some Baatorian War-Wyverns have a red discoloration to their snout which produces luminescence. This produces light as a bull's eye lantern, although casting everything bathed in its light in a deep red. Any creature in bright light created by this nose that is not native to Baator or Acheron suffers a -2 penalty to AC and Reflex saves for half damage. In addition the Red Nose Baatorian War-Wyvern may 1/minute as a standard action intensify their light making all creatures in its normal area be forced to make a Fort save (DC 18) or be blinded for 1d4+1 rounds.

The War-Chariot:
Large Vehicle; Handle Animal +2; Spd drawn (poor); Overall hp 240 (hardness 15); Overall AC 4; Ram 6d6; Space 10-ft; Height 8-ft; Crew 1; Weight: 1200 lbs.
The war-chariot gives its crew half cover behind Baatorian green steel (60 hp, hardness 15).

gurgleflep
2013-11-03, 11:10 PM
Well, I don't have anything statted up, but last year I wrote a standalone module where The Krampus kidnapped children, and Santa Clause tasked you with saving them before Christmas was over.

That sounds pretty entertaining :smallbiggrin:
And yay, I know of the Krampus thanks to a mask site full of things I'll never be able to afford!

And thanks for porting over Nicked Claws and his Wyvern posse, Zaydos. It's still darned cool :smallcool:

Debihuman
2013-11-04, 02:57 AM
Nick Claws' melee attack for sting and claws as secondary weapons are at -2 to hit. Should be +21 melee. It would be -5, but it has multiattack and that drops it to -2. If it had improved multiattack feat, the penalty would be negated altogether.

It was the only thing that popped out at me so I thought I'd mention it. Otherwise, it looks pretty good.

Debby

inuyasha
2013-11-04, 09:12 AM
Does it matter what time of year it is? Can I still make halloween homebrew?

Zaydos
2013-11-04, 11:18 AM
Nick Claws' melee attack for sting and claws as secondary weapons are at -2 to hit. Should be +21 melee. It would be -5, but it has multiattack and that drops it to -2. If it had improved multiattack feat, the penalty would be negated altogether.

It was the only thing that popped out at me so I thought I'd mention it. Otherwise, it looks pretty good.

Debby

Thank you. Realized I'd forgotten a feat (had 6 and a bonus feat with 18 HD) so I added Improved Multiattack because it saves me having to think of a better one (quicken spell-like ability again would probably be stronger).

gurgleflep
2013-11-04, 12:36 PM
Does it matter what time of year it is? Can I still make halloween homebrew?

Of course you can make more Halloween Homebrew, gotta prepare for next year right? :D

dspeyer
2013-11-04, 01:18 PM
Hannukah is coming up soon...

The Maccabee

You will yield to the might of Hextor, or you wi-
--Last words of an Ordained Champion of Hextor, just before a Maccabee smashed his head in with a greathammer.

Prerequisites:
BAB +5
Good Alignment
Single-minded devotion to a god

LevelBABFortRefWillSpecialSmite Damage
11202Undetectable Alignment; Smite Oppressor 3/day4d6
22303Persistent Flame; Lay on Hands5d6
33313Immunity to Compulsion6d6
44414Remove Fear/Paralysis/Blindness/Deafness/Curse/Disease6d8
55414Immunity to Mind-Reading7d8
66525Smite Oppressor 3/encounter8d8
77525Immunity to Scrying8d10
88626Greater Lay on Hands8d12
99636Immunity to Divination10d12
1010737Flaming Smite12d12

Hit Die: d10
Skills: 6+int
Class Skill List: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Hide, Jump, Knowledge(geography), Knowledge(religion), Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble, Use Rope

Weapons and Armor: Maccabees are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, all armors, all shields except tower shields, and greathammers.

A greathammer is an exotic two-handed bludgeoning weapon that deals 3d6 damage and crits 20x2

Undetectable Alignment(su): Maccabees are immune to all alignment-detecting magic, unless they wish to be effected.

Smite Oppressor(su): When a Maccabee makes an attack on someone who is trying to force worshippers of his god to worship some other god, he may declare it a smite attack. He adds his charisma modifier (if positive) to the attack roll and rolls bonus damage (if successful) as shown in the table. He can use this ability up to three times a day, until 6th level when it increases to three times per encounter. Five minutes of rest begins a new encounter.

Persistent Flame(su): When a Maccabee lights a fire, it lasts until someone puts it out, regardless of lack of fuel.

Lay on Hands(su): As paladin, except using character level instead of class level.

Immunity to Compulsion(su): Maccabees and their allies within 60 feet are immune to compulsions.

Remove Fear/Paralysis/Blindness/Deafness/Curse/Disease(su): When a Maccabee uses his Lay on Hands ability, he may also spend a point to cure any of the listed conditions (one point per condition).

Immunity to Mind-Reading(su): Maccabees and their allies within 60 feet are immune to mind-reading magic, including Detect Thoughts and Discern Lies, unless they wish to be effected.

Immunity to Scrying(su): Maccabees and their allies within 60 feet are immune to all effects with the [scrying] descriptor, unless they wish to be effected.

Greater Lay on Hands(su): When a Maccabee uses his Lay on Hands ability, he may also cure ability damage/drain/penalties (not burn) at a cost of 2 points per point or level drain at 3 p/p.

Immunity to Divination(su): Maccabees and their allies within 60 feet are immune to all divination spells, unless they wish to be effected.

Flaming Smite(su): When a Maccabee uses his smite ability, the target is set on fire and takes 1d6 points of fire damage until he is extinguished, dies or renounces oppression. Extinguishing an ally is a dc 15 survival check, and extinguishing oneself is dc 20. A bucket of water or heavy leather cloak grants a +2 circumstance bonus. Jumping in a body of water extinguishes immediately (no check needed).

Zale
2013-11-04, 03:38 PM
Are you always to busy igniting goblins and banishing demons to decorate for the holidays? Worry no more, for a beautifully decorated home is only a simple spell away!

Nick's Instant Holiday Decor
Conjuration (Creation)

Level: Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V,S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One indoor space no larger than 20 by 20 feet/level
Duration: 2 days/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell creates and arranges non-living, non-magical decorative items such as, but not limited to, ornaments, wall coverings, cozies, small dolls, colorful wallpaper, scented candles, centerpieces, stockings and/or silverware.

All items created by this spell are arranged according to a holiday theme selected by the caster. Any sudden impact on an item will cause it to harmlessly vanish, preventing them from being used as improvised weapons, but items made to hold weight can- provided no one jumps on them. All items vanish upon the end of duration, or if they are taken more than 10 yards from the room that is the target of this spell.

A DC 10 Appraise check reveals the impermanent nature of items created by this spell.

Feel free to berate me on balance concerns. I can't envision any problems with this spell other than the fact that you can use it to screw with the dark wizard's lair, but feel free to mention anything I missed.

gurgleflep
2013-11-06, 12:28 AM
Dspeyer, what classes would be eligible for entry into that class? I don't see any restrictions so I'd imagine anything, just asking out of simple curiosity. I like the smite ability :smallsmile:
Zale, that spell looks quite fun. If you have an understanding of psionics would you please be so kind as to make psionic version? If not, I understand completely :smallsmile:

On a completely different subject: there are snow/ice golems, right? An awakened one would make for a good frosty. Just sayin' :smallcool:

dspeyer
2013-11-06, 11:40 AM
Anyone can become a Maccabee given sufficient reason. That's kind of the point. Best entry would probably be ranger or crusader. I wasn't really happy about the BAB requirement, but I felt I needed *something* that wasn't available at first level to keep the smite balanced. Historically speaking, it should be open to commoners.

Milo v3
2013-11-06, 08:48 PM
Made this for a Christmas themed pathfinder grabbag competition a while back:

Sainesti

Despite sometimes being known as winter elves, the Sainesti are not a subrace nor even related to elves. The Sainesti dwell in the northern reaches of the world, using the ice to forge tools and weapons for the Kindred.

Physical Description: The thin and lithe Sainesti have pale blue skin with pointed facial features, giving them an Elven appearance. They possess long bony fingers which end in sharp claws. Strangely, Sainesti possess black blood which is highly visable through their pale flesh. When this blood touches ice, eldritch azure sigils drift along its surface.

Atop the heads of the Sainesti are small antlers, the Guardians are generally the only ones who don't shorten their horns.

Society: Sainesti dwell in a caste-based hierarchy, with the most skilled craftsmen are at the top, leading the others. These artisans are known as Kal'acha. Below the Kal'acha, are the Gathers who hunt and search for food and fresh water across the glaciers. At the bottom of society are the Guardians who watch over their villages from attack and raise the children, but are effectively slaves who must do as other Sainesti order. Failure to do so results in the Guardian being publicly humiliated and tortured by the Kindred.

Relations: Sainesti are isolated from most races, mainly because of the Kindred which annihlate and raid any nearby settlements if they aren't Sainesti. The reason the Kindred don't slaughter the Sainesti is because of their skilled craftsmenship, resulting in the Kindred forcing the "winter elves" to make their weapons.

Alignment and Religion: The Sainesti are generally lawful, as the rebelious end up being tortured and killed at the hands of the Kindred. The Sainesti aren't very religious, as they are only allowed to worship the Kindreds gods.

Adventurers: Every couple of generations a Sainesti would become an adventure aiming to escape his previous life, or to rescue his people from the Kindred.

Male Names: Alvis, Freyr, Loki, Sindri, Thor, Völundr.

Female Names: Embla, Freya, Gerd, Guðrún, Heidrun, Hel, Saga.

---

RACIAL TRAITS

+2 Dex, +2 Int, -4 Str: Sainesti are skilled with their hands and are skilled craftsmen, but years of being servitors have weakened them.

Eldritch Blood: Sainesti are Fey.

Normal Size: Sainesti are medium sized.

Swimmer: Sainesti have a base land speed of 30 ft. and a Swim Speed of 10 ft.

Acclimated (Ex): Sainesti possess Cold Resistance 5.

Artisan's Hand (Ex): Sainesti gain a +2 racial bonus to all craft checks.

Blood of the Tundra (Su): By spilling their blood upon the ice, the Sainesti can shape it as if it was steel. As such Sainesti can use Ice while crafting objects as if it was a suitable material. The Sainesti is dealt one point of damage per day of crafting with Ice. See below for more details.

Claws (Ex): Sainesti receive two claw attacks. These are primary natural attacks. Each claw deals 1d4 points of piercing and slashing damage.

Iceborn (Ex): Sainesti receive a +2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual ice, such as traps and hidden doors located in ice walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.

Swift Crafting (Sp): With focus, the Sainesti can quickly shape an icicle into a weapon. This functions as the Icicle Dagger spell with a caster level equal to your HD. This ability can be used once time per day.

Languages: Sainesti start with knowledge of Glain Tongue. With a high intelligence score they can also learn the following languages: Aklo, Aquan, Common, Elven.

---

ALTERNATE RACIAL TRAITS

Guardian: Unlike other castes of Sainesti, Guardians do not shorten their antlers. Guardians possess Gore as their primary natural weapon. This gore deals 1d6 points piercing damage. In addition Guardians gain a +10 foot racial bonus to their speed when using the charge, run, or withdraw actions. Guardians lose their Claws extraordinary ability.

---

ICE CRAFTING
Weapons, armour, and other objects created through a Sainesti's Blood of the Tundra ability act similiar to metal in many ways. An Ice Crafted object possesses the same melting point and hardness as steel. An Ice Crafted Object can be Masterwork or turned into a magical item as if it was a steel object of its type.

---

RACIAL FEATS

[Snow Crafting]
Prerequisites: Sainesti
Benefit: You can craft with snow using it as if it was a suitable material. In every other way this functions as the Blood of the Tundra supernatural ability, and follows the rules for Ice Crafting.

---

RACIAL STATISTICS

Random Starting Ages
{table="head"]
Adulthood|
Intuitive|
Self-Taught|
Trained
13 years|
+1d4|
+2d4|
+2d6[/table]

Aging Effects
{table="head"]
Middle Age|
Old|
Venerable|
Maximum Age
25 years|
40 years|
60 years|
+3d12 years[/table]

Random Height and Weight
{table="head"]
Gender|
Base Height|
Height Modifier|
Base Weight|
Weight Modifier
Male|
4'8"|
+2d6|
100 lb.|
× (1d4) lb.
Female|
4'5"|
+2d6|
80 lb.|
× (1d4) lb.[/table]

D20ragon
2013-11-06, 08:57 PM
Those are,to say the least,quite awesome.

gurgleflep
2013-11-09, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the response Zaydos, sorry it took so long to acknowledge your comment - been busy lately >_<

Milo v3, I really like the Blood of the Tundra ability :smallbiggrin: That's so cold that it's hot!
By chance, do you know what LA that would be for 3.5?

Milo v3
2013-11-09, 08:42 PM
Milo v3, I really like the Blood of the Tundra ability :smallbiggrin: That's so cold that it's hot!
By chance, do you know what LA that would be for 3.5?

Hmm...
Probably LA+1 because of the non-humanoid typing and the PF ability modifiers.

D20ragon
2013-11-09, 09:11 PM
These are some seasonal poems which I have wrote, please tell me what you think.

When Hallows eve has come around,and the pumpkin prince rides high,the spriggins wet their scythes with blood,and the year begins to die.

King winter on his icy throne,heart frozen as a shard of stone,
Keeps court until midwinter time,
Then binds the earth with frost and rime.

The summer Queen doth dance tonight,in her forest glade.
Three pixie boys her pages,a faery for her maid.
As willow wisps give ghostly light,she dances on midsummer night.

Arise o queen,o lady spring,from thy Lilly bed. Greenest leaves doth cover thee,a dewdrop neath thy head.
Rise,and chase the frost away,for winters gone and spring is nigh.

kreenlover
2013-11-09, 10:01 PM
I like 'em. Are they supposed to follow one another, or are they separate?

D20ragon
2013-11-09, 10:15 PM
I wrote them around the same time,so I think they're linked.
Seperate,but linked thematically.

gurgleflep
2013-11-30, 12:24 AM
It's so quiet! Has anybody got holiday related brew? Links even?! :smallbiggrin:
There ya go Inuyasha :P

inuyasha
2013-11-30, 12:36 AM
*gobble gobble* :smallamused:
Giant friggin' turkey

{TABLE]Size/Type:|Large Animal
Hit Dice:|3d8+15 (28 hp)
Initiative:|7
Speed:|60 ft (12 squares)
Armor Class:|18 (-1 size,+3 dex, +6 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple:|+2/+10
Attack:|beak +5 melee (1d8+4)
Full Attack:|beak +5 melee (1d8+4)
Space/Reach:|10ft/5ft
Special Attacks:|
Special Qualities:|Double damage from fire
Saves:|Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +0
Abilities:| Str 19, Dex 17, Con 20, Int 1, Wis 8, Cha 9
Skills:|Jump +10, Tumble +5
Feats:|Run, improved initiative
Environment:|dinner tables
Organization:|1 (dinner), 2 (feast), 3 (army feast), 4 (viking's feast), 5 (too damn much)
Challenge Rating:|3
Treasure:|meat, and a wishbone
Alignment:|neutral tasty
Advancement:|4-6 hd large
Level Adjustment:|--
[/TABLE]
On dinner tables everywhere, the majestic (and tasty) turkey.

The blasphemous ham

{TABLE]Size/Type:|Medium Aberration
Hit Dice:|3d8+12 (28 hp)
Initiative:|3
Speed:|20 ft (4 squares), swim 20ft, burrow 20ft, climb 20ft
Armor Class:|13 (+3 dex, +0 ), touch 13, flat-footed 10
Base Attack/Grapple:|+2/+5
Attack:|slam +5 melee (1d6+3)
Full Attack:|slam +5 melee (1d6+3)
Space/Reach:|5ft/5ft
Special Attacks:|sick of it,
Special Qualities:|Double damage from fire, regeneration 10 (fire, acid, and holy)
Saves:|Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +0
Abilities:| Str 16, Dex 17, Con 18, Int 1, Wis 5, Cha 7
Skills:|Intimidate +4
Feats:|great fortitude, improved toughness
Environment:|dinner tables
Organization:|any number, hopefully one
Challenge Rating:|3
Treasure:|meat that seems to last for decades
Alignment:|eternal evil
Advancement:|4-6 hd large
Level Adjustment:|--
[/TABLE]
The damned ham is a destroyer, it is used to replace turkey, but isn't, it lasts forever, just sitting, is it never rotting? Or ever rotting...we don't know, just kill it, it won't go away!!
sick of it (Su)
If a creature fights more than 1 blasphemous ham in a day, they become nauseous, if they fight more than 5, they become sickened, this effect lasts for until the creature gains 8 hours of rest, and maybe the comfort of a loved one.

Skills
A The blasphemous ham can take 10 on swim and climb checks even when rushed or threatened.

D20ragon
2013-11-30, 07:35 AM
Nice! Die blasphemous ham, Die!

Debihuman
2013-11-30, 07:49 AM
For Chanukah I had made a dreidel golem and for Thanksgiving I made the turducken (in my creations) but I've been sorta uninspired this year. So here instead is Randy Richard's Christmas Treant.

Christmas Treant
By Randy Richards

CHRISTMAS TREANT
Huge Plant
Hit Dice: 7d8+35 (66 hp)
Initiative: -1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 20 (-2 size, -1 Dex, +13 natural) touch 7, flat-footed 20
BAB/Grapple: +5/+22
Attack: Slam +12 melee (2d6+9)
Full Attack: 2 slams +12 melee (2d6+9)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./15 ft.
Special Attack: Command luminescent insects, double damage against objects, trample 2d6+13
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/slashing, low-light vision, plant traits, vulnerability to fire
Saves: Fort+10, Ref +1, Will +7
Abilities: Str 29, Dex 8, Con 21, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 12
Skills: Diplomacy +3, Hide-9*, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (nature) +6, Listen +8, Sense Motive +8, Spot +8, Survival +8 (+10 aboveground)
Feats: Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Power Attack
Environment: Temperate, cold and sub-arctic conifer forests
Organization: Solitary or grove (4-7)
Challenge Rating: 8
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually neutral evil
Advancement: 8-16 HD (Huge); 17-21 HD (Gargantuan)
Level Adjustment: +5

Christmas Treants can be found in almost any conifer forest, and are usually slightly bigger than their normal tree counterparts are. Christmas treants look much like normal conifer trees—so much so, that when standing in a grove or forest they have a 90% chance of being mistaken for local flora. While they have a face that is unsettlingly human when they are speaking, it vanishes into patterns of grooves and knots when the creature wishes to remain stationary.

To gain the attention of unwitting passersby, the trees attract fireflies, fire beetles, and other glowing insects to their branches. In addition to the lighted insect infestation, it is not uncommon to find a Will o’ Wisp to residing at the top of one of these intelligent plants. As an added enticement, the Christmas treant often leaves its treasure in plain view at its trunk base. This complete display, while beautiful, is deadly, for the Christmas Treant will attack as soon as an observer comes to investigate.
These treants despise good and innocent things as much as their counterparts despise evil. They go to great lengths to torment and terrorize travelers in their forests. The only trait they seem to share with other Treants is their hatred of unchecked or unrestricted use of fire.

Combat

Young Christmas treants can lash out with their powerful branches to strike twice in combat, inflicting 2d6 points of damage per blow landed. Mature and elder Christmas Treants inflict 3d6 and 4d6 points of damage per blow, respectively. Few creatures can stand against them in combat.
Despite the thick bark that provides them with protection against physical assaults, Treants are unusually vulnerable to fire. Any weapon or attack based on fire (magical or non-magical) receives a +4 bonus to its attack roll, and +1 point per die to all damage. Saving throws for fire-based attacks and spells are made at a -4 penalty.

Christmas treants cannot animate other trees, unlike other Treants. However, they can command any of the luminescent insects or Will o’ Wisp living among their branches to attack. Depending on the age of the creature, this could be one insect or hundreds. It is up to the DM to decide how dense the insect population is. It would not be impossible for an elder Christmas Treant to have an effect similar to the Insect Swarm priest spell.

Habitat/Society

Christmas treants usually live in secluded forests. Here, they warp the nature of what might otherwise be peaceful and picturesque woodlands, turning them into evil, haunted forests.

Christmas treants have no real interest in treasure, magical or monetary, although items of value are often found on the ground at their trunk base. These trinkets are most likely where they have claimed their last victims. Only in rare instances will a Christmas Treant attempt to use any of these artificial items, as they prefer to leave them where they fell and use them as bait to lure curious explorers to their deaths.

Christmas Treants are usually dormant during warm times of the year. These monsters most often appear during cold weather, usually emerging from their hibernation in the last two months of the year (Ready’reat or Sunsebb).

Ecology

While most treants feed wholly on photosynthesis, Christmas treants are carnivorous. In fact, they favor the flesh of intelligent creatures (usually human and demihuman) over all other prey. Their chosen delicacy, when they can obtain it, is the flesh of innocents, who they torment and horrify before devouring. Christmas Treants rarely consume their prey before killing it, for they believe this makes it unfit for digestion. Thus, victims who are accidentally slain during tortures inflicted upon them are discarded and left to feed the scavengers of the forest.

The sap of a Christmas Treant, when prepared correctly and smeared over the entire body, is reported to provide humans and demihumans with protection equivalent to that granted by a barkskin spell.

Undead versions of these trees have been reported in the vicinity of evil necromancers and the realms controlled by Iuz.

Note: The origin of the Christmas Treant is rumored to be a parallel Oerth.

EDIT: And while I'm at it, here is the link to the Tangled Christmas Lights Golem: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11290

Debby

Network
2013-11-30, 11:10 AM
sick of it (Su)
If a creature fights more than 1 blasphemous ham in a day, they become nauseous, if they fight more than 5, they become sickened, this effect lasts for until the creature gains 8 hours of rest, and maybe the comfort of a loved one.
Isn't being nauseated worse than being sickened? Also, shouldn't this allow a save of some sort?

gurgleflep
2013-12-20, 06:46 PM
Debby, I love the Christmas treant and the tangled light golem. Thanks for sharing them :smallsmile:

Does anybody know where I could find a snow golem? Preferably a wickedly evil one brought to life through a magical hat :smallamused: I've got some uses for one/many.

Milo v3
2013-12-20, 07:04 PM
To go with the Sainesti (Christmas elves) I made above.

The Kindred

The silhouette of a large man wanders through the unending white of the blizzard. As it nears you can sanguine staining its once white fur as it comes closer. It appeared to have a heavy pack on it's back, but soon you realized this was creature possessed a hunchback, but this one was different. Blades of ice and axes of snow lay embedded with it.
Kindred Challenge Rating 3
XP 800
CE, Large Monstrous Humanoid
Init +1; Senses Darkvision 60ft; Perception +3

Defenses

AC 15, Touch 11, flatfooted 14; (+1 Dex, +5 Natural, -1 Size)
hp 34 HP (3d10+18);
Fort + 7, Ref +4, Will +4

Offenses

Speed 20 ft.
Melee Large Ice Greataxe +5 (3d6+4; x3)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks Frozen Dreams

Statistics

Str 17, Dex 12, Con 22, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 7
Base Atk +3; CMB +X; CMD
Feats Cleave, Endurance(B), Power Attack
Skills Climb +4, Intimidate +0, Perception +3, Stealth +2 (+6 in Snowy environments), Survival +3, and Swim +5.
Languages Glain Tongue

Special Abilities

Chilled Storage (Su) The back of a Kindred can be used to store equipment and gear. This causes 1 point of damage whenever an object is placed within or removed, which cannot be reduced. Up to 4 cubic feet of objects can be stored in their hump, all of which must be sharp or have a pointed... umm... Point. Anything held within is cooled to 32° fahrenheit.
Frozen Dreams (Su) Upon successfully killing an unconscious creature, time stops for all but the Kindred, granting an additional move-action.

Ecology

Environment Cold Desert
Organization Solitary, pair, band (3–12), or tribe (13–60)
Treasure NPC Gear + 1d6 Ice or Snow Weapons

Kindred appear to be a mix of polar bear, ape and camel. Their hulking form is covered in naturally pure white fur, and they possess a large hump on their upper back. This hump possesses the talent of acting as a form of storage, abit a grisly one. Because of this most have sanguine stains across their fur.

In regards to combat the Kindred are relatively straight forward, they sneak into enemy villages at night when all are appear asleep, then strike them in their homes with huge weapons of ice and snow.

This has caused nearby settlements to have a policy of keeping some individuals awake all night, believing then the Kindred wont come.

The Kindred dwell in the villages of Sainesti, a race of fey they have turned into their slaves. These slaves are forced to create weapons for the Kindred, and any rebellion from the feeble creatures is "discouraged" violently and publicly.

kreenlover
2013-12-20, 08:05 PM
I don't know any snow golems unfortunately, but that sounds like a job for my post-Christmas movie self.
To the Future! (See you all in two hours)

D20ragon
2013-12-20, 08:13 PM
See ya. What are you watching?

dspeyer
2013-12-23, 01:56 AM
The Sun-Priest

I don't understand why the light would abandon us
Little one, little one, bitter wind blown
And I don't know how much more he could demand of us
Little one, little one, bitter wind blown
--traditional lament of the coming of winter

Sun priests lead their people in preparing for and surviving winter. In many places, they also are responsible for rituals intended to encourage the return of the sun. They are honored wherever people live close to the land, and fear the months of cold and darkness.

Prerequisites:
Sun Domain
8 ranks in knowledge(astronomy) or similar
Good alignment

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Spellcasting
1|0|2|0|2|Mass Sun|-
2|1|3|0|3|Create Food and Water|+1 level of existing class
3|2|3|1|3|Predict Weather|+1 level of existing class
4|3|4|1|4|Remove Disease|+1 level of existing class
5|3|4|1|4|Animate Henge|+1 level of existing class[/table]
Hit die: d8
Skills per level: 4+int
Class Skills: Concentration, Craft (any), Diplomacy, Knowledge(astronomy), Knowledge(nature), Knowledge(religion), Spellcraft, Survival

Mass Sun(su): When a sun priest casts a spell from the sun domain that targets a single creature or object, he may instead target a number of creatures or objects equal to his caster level. This has no additional cost, and applies even if the spell is cast from a non-domain slot.

Create Food and Water(sla): A sun priest can use Create Food and Water (as the spell) at will.

Predict Weather(su): A sun priest can predict the weather up to seven days in advance with perfect reliability, unless the actions of free-willed creatures change it (e.g. by casting control weather, or starting a forest fire which blackens the sky with smoke.)

Remove Disease(sla): A sun priest can use Remove Disease (as the spell) at will.

Animate Henge(sla): Once per year, a sun priest can animate a henge as if by an Animate Object spell, except that the effect lasts 200 years. As part of the spell, the priest selects a category of people to protect and the henge does so to the best of its ability. The henge must be built of stones weighing at least 10 tons.

kreenlover
2013-12-23, 06:09 PM
I'm not good at making monsters unfortunately.

However, here is a magic item!

This hat is a regular black top hat until placed upon a specially created snowman. The snowman must be crafted by children from the first snow of winter to entertain and to bring joy.
When it is placed upon said snowman it animates the snowman as a Snow Golem who obeys the one who placed the hat upon its head.
The Snow Golem can be deactivated by knocking the hat off. This can be done upon a successful disarm attack, sunder attempt dealing 10 damage (The hat is unharmed; it is merely knocked off), or with a successful grapple check.
Cost: 91,000 GP
Creation: 45,500 GP, 3,640 XP

This Hat of Frost is an artifact. Legend has it that there was once a man. He was made of snow, but the children know how he came to life one day.
A travelling magician came to their school. But they ignored him and built a snowman instead. When they stole his hat to finish the snowman legend has it that he cursed the snowman to torment them forever. The hat awakened the snowman, and gave him a life of his own. He befriended the children and made them love him. Then, when he began to melt in the heat of the day he used their tears to power a ritual. He became immune to fire and heat; even lava and hellfire have no effect on him.
He was only defeated when his hat was knocked from his head. Even that could not stop Frosty though. If someone holds the hat and spends a standard action to say his name when near to snow, he is re-created again.

Frosty is a snow golem with 18 HD (recalculate everything), fast healing 10, 12 intelligence, and 18 charisma. He has the feat Unholy Toughness, and max ranks in Bluff.
Everything else about him changes each time he is made. Each time he is re-created he may change the rest of his feats and skills.

(Cribbed from THIS (http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0712c&L=greyhawk-l&P=313)website)

SNOW GOLEM
Medium Construct

HD: 9d10+30 (79 hp)
Initiative: -1
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
AC: 18 (-1 size, -1 Dex, +10 natural), touch 8, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+15
Attack: Slam +10 melee (2d8+5)
Full Attack: 2 slams +10 melee (2d8+5)
Face/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Breath weapon, frostbite touch
Special Qualities: Construct traits, damage reduction 5/adamantine,
darkvision 60 ft., ice movement, immunity to magic, low-light vision
Saves: Fort +3, Refl +2, Will +3
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 9, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 1
Skills: —
Feats: —
Environment: Any with freezing temperature
Organization: Solitary or gang (2-4)
CR: 7
Treasure: —
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 10-18 HD (Large), 19-33 (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

In the Land of Black Ice region, snow golems are typically constructed of
three large balls of snow topped one on top the other, but they are sometimes
made to look more humanoid. The golem wears whatever clothing its creator
desires, usually designed to look like a traditional "snowman" in order to hide
in plain sight.
A snow golem cannot speak or make any vocal noises, nor does it have any
distinguishable odor. Snow golems created to look like traditional snowmen move
by sliding forward on their bases. Humanoid style snow golems move with a
smooth, ponderous gait.
COMBAT
Snow golems often fare poorly in combat thanks to their fairly low AC, though they can easily kill foes that lack adamantine weapons. A snow golem supported by an ally that can launch cold attacks to heal it, can make them mighty opponents.

Immunity to Magic (Su): A snow golem is immune to any spell or spell-like
ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature. A magical attack that deals fire damage, slows a snow golem (as the slow spell) for 3 rounds, with no saving throw. A magical attack that deals cold damage, breaks any slow effect on the golem, and heals 1 point of damage for each 3 points of damage the attack would have dealt.

Breath Weapon (Sp): 10-foot cube of freezing fog. Creatures attempting to
move through the fog progress at a speed of 5 ft., regardless of their normal
speed, and take a -2 on all melee attack and damage rolls. The vapors revent ranged weapon attacks (except for magic rays and the like). In addition, the frozen fog creates a rime of slippery ice to form on any surface the fog touches, creating the effects of a grease spell.

Frostbite (Su): The successful hit or touch of a snow golem causes 1d6
points of cold damage, and a numbing chill that causes the victim to move at half speed and reduces Dexterity by -8 for 2d4 rounds. Touching a snow golem does not cause this effect, the snow golem must intentionally touch the victim. A victim affected for 20 consecutive rounds suffers from frostbite in its phalanges (fingers and toes) and cartilage (ears and nose), permanently losing function and feeling in them.

Ice Movement (Ex): As the spider climb spell, except it only works on ice,
or surfaces covered in ice.

CONSTRUCTION
A snow golem is constructed of 15 cu. ft. of dry snow, treated with rare
powders worth 1,500 gp. Creating the body requires a DC 11 Craft (sculpting)
check.
CL 8th; Craft Construct (MM, Monster Skills and Feats), animate objects,
bull's strength, limited wish, caster must be at least 8th level; price 20,000
gp, Cost 21,500 + 1,540 XP.

Zaydos
2013-12-31, 03:11 AM
Made a PrC, gave it a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322669). It sings Christmas songs.