PDA

View Full Version : Cold Themed Melee character.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-11-03, 04:03 PM
Apart from Frostrager (which seems to be more focused on Unarmed attacks) what other options do I have to make a Cold-Themed melee character? I prefer non-casting classes, but Su abilities are fine.

Juntao112
2013-11-03, 04:18 PM
Cryokineticist?

Xaotiq1
2013-11-03, 04:19 PM
Make a Sowrdsage (Tome of Battle), and see if your DM will allow you alter Desert Wind from fire damage to cold. Call it Tundra's Howl??

Additionally, you could get into the Cryokineticist class here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040625e

using a race with a PP reserve like Elan (XPH) or or Kalashtar (Ebberon).

Edit: slightly swordsaged.

Norin
2013-11-03, 04:27 PM
Apart from Frostrager (which seems to be more focused on Unarmed attacks) what other options do I have to make a Cold-Themed melee character? I prefer non-casting classes, but Su abilities are fine.

First thought was disciple of thrym, but then i noticed it has some casting. Dang.

A.A.King
2013-11-03, 04:28 PM
Disciple of Thrym gets some casting but it's mainly melee (has full Bab progression to start with)

Dusk Eclipse
2013-11-03, 04:57 PM
Cryokineticist?

Make a Sowrdsage (Tome of Battle), and see if your DM will allow you alter Desert Wind from fire damage to cold. Call it Tundra's Howl??

Additionally, you could get into the Cryokineticist class here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040625e

using a race with a PP reserve like Elan (XPH) or or Kalashtar (Ebberon).

Edit: slightly swordsaged.

First thought was disciple of thrym, but then i noticed it has some casting. Dang.

Disciple of Thrym gets some casting but it's mainly melee (has full Bab progression to start with)

How could I forget Cryokinetist, that is definitely a good option, though I don't like the cryo whip that much.

I'd considered Blizzard Edge* Swordsage, but it relies on DM adjudication.

Disciple of Thrym is OK, but not really good IMO (I think it would make a cool IC secret ingredient though).

Is there anything else?