PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Gunslinging Summoner (build help requested)

Gandolfi Feesh
2013-11-03, 06:51 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to build a firearm-based Summoner. I was thinking a simple
1 Gunslinger/n Summoner for proficiency, free firearm and Cha-based Grit (I'm incredibly mysterious).

Any tips on making this a solid build?

grarrrg
2013-11-03, 08:23 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to build a firearm-based Summoner. I was thinking a simple
1 Gunslinger/n Summoner for proficiency, free firearm and Cha-based Grit (I'm incredibly mysterious).

Any tips on making this a solid build?

Nothing much comes to mind...
*whistles nonchalantly*

Rhatahema
2013-11-04, 12:08 AM
Inappropriately Sized Firearms: ...In most cases, a Large or larger creature can use a siege firearm as a two-handed firearm, but the creature takes a –4 penalty for using it this way because of its awkwardness.

If you're willing to wrestle with the complexity of it, I've always wanted to play a systhesist with a large or huge eidolon equipped with a siege firearm (cannon) using the vital strike feat chain. I've never tried to work that out though, so I'm not sure about its validity.

icefractal
2013-11-04, 05:04 AM
Well, if you go Synthesis, there is a "so crazy that it actually works really well" combination I've heard of. You combine as many arms as possible with the grit ability that lets you jump through the air and fire all guns you're holding. A bit expensive in guns, but also pretty devastating.

Stux
2013-11-04, 06:19 AM
Use light bombards. Less damage than a cannon (5d6 instead of 6d6), but you can use indirect fire. This means you don't make an attack roll, instead you make a DC 15 Knowledge (Engineering) check. That will quickly become trivial.

Of course you can only indirect fire with a light bombard between 50 and 100 feet. But you can fire normally less than 50 feet.

grarrrg
2013-11-04, 09:57 AM
Well, if you go Synthesis, there is a "so crazy that it actually works really well" combination I've heard of. You combine as many arms as possible with the grit ability that lets you jump through the air and fire all guns you're holding. A bit expensive in guns, but also pretty devastating.

Icefractal? You get points.
Gundolon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12152413#post12152413)

Quick/dirty 'starting at level 1 build':
1 level of Mysterious Stranger gunslinger
Add levels of Synthesist Summoner