PDA

View Full Version : Sharing squares with a colossal size creature

OzymandiasX
2013-11-03, 11:43 PM
What are the rules regarding a colossal size creature ending movement where he'd be sharing squares with a much smaller creature (ie. medium)? I know the rules for moving through or overrunning, but don't see anything about ending in a situation that would normally be squeezing with equal sized creatures.

For example, can you stop the Tarrasque from ending its turn next to Square-X by standing where it would need to be standing? If you're knocked prone, can it stand over you without squeezing?

I remember there being rules for this, but can't seem to find them... or I'm overlooking something

Fax Celestis
2013-11-03, 11:46 PM
Accidentally Ending Movement in an Illegal Space

Sometimes a character ends its movement while moving through a space where it’s not allowed to stop. When that happens, put your miniature in the last legal position you occupied, or the closest legal position, if there’s a legal position that’s closer.

Square Occupied by Creature Three Sizes Larger or Smaller

Any creature can move through a square occupied by a creature three size categories larger than it is.

A big creature can move through a square occupied by a creature three size categories smaller than it is.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/movementPositionAndDistance.htm

OzymandiasX
2013-11-03, 11:54 PM
Yes, I found those. Neither answer the question, though... One is about accidentally ending movement, the other is about moving through.

Let's say I'm colossal sized and I don't want to kill Kobold Joe (even though he is an enemy), who happens to be standing where I want to stand. According to just those rules I'd bounce back because Kobold Joe is standing there.

I vaguely recall a rule in one of the books allowing for ignoring placement of creatures that much smaller... Maybe I'm crazy and Kobold Joe owns that spot till I squash him.

Curmudgeon
2013-11-04, 02:05 AM
If the size difference is enough (3+ sizes) you can move through the enemy creature's position. You can't stop there normally, though (exceptions exist for Underfoot Combat and the like). You can stop there if you arrange for one of you to be helpless, but that's the only case absent any special capabilities.