PDA

View Full Version : [PF] [Mythic] I want a Ring of Power! (Legendary Item)

Ninjaxenomorph
2013-11-04, 09:17 AM
In my home game we have been made Mythic. My LN half-elf magus is the only non-evil, non-monstrous member of the party (werewolf fighter, Quickling bard, Vampire rogue, and construct alchemist). My magus is also the primary caster. One of the things I want for him is to progress using the Legendary Item path abilities, which grant a preexisting item Mythic abilities, the latter two making it an artifact. By the time he takes these, he will have taken the Crafting Mastery and Mythic Crafting abilities. His Spellcraft is twinked out, and the first thing he is making gives him a bonus to it, so prerequisites aren't really a problem. Plus, mythic surge.

I want him to have a Ring of Power. I have some abilities I know I am taking (returningx2, Rejuvenating, Powerful, Intelligentx3), but I am having trouble choosing the final abilities. Also, the ring itself can be upgraded and I plan to craft new abilities onto it constantly. Lastly, the material of the ring.

For the Legendary abilities, the main focus is the intelligence. Since I am the maker of the mythic item, I choose the purpose (serve and assist me and only me), can never be dominated by it, and its alignment changes with mine in case of an emergency. It also functions as a security feature: if it is somehow stolen and kept stolen, it will attempt to dominate the possessor to bring it back to me. Most importantly, the Intelligent item SLAs ability (which can be stacked, asked GM) will be taken twice at 9th tier to get Wish as a 1/day Spell Like Ability (plus 1 other 1st level spell, my first question: what should it be?). The only limit the GM is placing on this is limiting it to the listed 'safe' uses for Wish, unless I am granting it to someone else. Rejuvenating is pretty good, 10xtier healing as standard action, and can remove afflictions also. Returning is a good insurance policy. I want to be able to give the ring to others as kind of a 'boon' thing, but I can recall it from anywhere as a standard action+mythic power. Powerful is to fuel the ring's healing and surges, only planned on taking it once. Another useful ability is Eternal Bond: ring can't become bonded with anyone but me, unless I die or become non-mythic. Abilities I considered taking are Fortification (burn legendary power from item to negate crits/sneak, pretty useful), Upgrading to allow easy and quick enchancements, and Powerful. While Everlasting is cool, I am already getting immortality from a path ability, and I plan to remove the ring anyway. Any suggestions on legendary abilities?

Secondly, the ring is a preexisting item. Preferably, it is something I can take on and off. So, that rules Sustenance out (though I want to make a ring or ioun stone with properties of regeneration, sustenance, and no breath to render myself unable to die without being killed). That also rules out a Ring of Wizardry mostly, but not entirely, depending on how it is ruled the extra spell slots work. Ring of Arcane Mastery, a Magus item, works better. I also plan to add on Ring of Deflection, Feather Falling, skill bonuses, Counter-Spelling, Mind Shield, and Chameleon Power. Any suggestions on this?

Lastly, the actual ring. To maximize how much I want it to not be vulnerable, I was thinking on having it made of diamond and adamantine. What might be the price of purchasing such a ring in advance?

Edit: After some research, the Unyielding property becomes useless with the third taking of Legendary Item, when the artifact becomes immune to HP damage. Still making it out of adamantine for survivability within the tiers before that.

Ninjaxenomorph
2013-11-05, 11:17 PM
... Bump!

So, I think I figured out what abilities for the Ring (yes, it's capitalized now):

Abilities (first)- Returning, Intelligent, Fortifying
(Second)- Rejuvenating, Powerfulx2
(Third)- Returning, Intelligentx2 (SLA: Wish, Unseen Servant), Everlasting

Forget Eternal Bond, its easy enough to kill whatever bastard bonds to the ring in the short period of my character's death. If the Ring doesn't just become dominant by itself and return to me (purpose: serve ME). To save on Path Abilities, I replaced it with Everlasting. Basically an uber form of the Ring of Sustenance: no food, water, sleep, breath, makes wearer cease aging, and protects from extremes in weather. This also has the side effect of turning it into something he would need to wear, all the time. So, take those plans for the defensive rings I always want on, and put them on that ring.

Either Ring of Regeneration or a lesser form like the ioun stone, created by me would form the basis of the Ring. Stack on top of that a Ring of Sustenance (comes into effect earlier, emergency backup, need the sleep reduction), and a lot of the other ones I mentioned above.

Is there anything I am missing?