PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Equipment while turned into a wolf

Gullara
2013-11-04, 09:44 AM
So I'm getting into an E6 game, and I have a problem. The GM has allowed us two free LA, and I stumbled upon the Worghest from Dragon Magazine 350. A major thing that the worghest does is that it can turn into a wolf and back at will. My problem is that because of this, his armour and other equipment go away with his humanoid form (if I understand the rules right).

So what kind of equipment should I get for such a character?

I want to be transformed for all combat, as I intend for his bite attack to be his only real weapon. He's a stealthy character and a tracker (because worghests get track and scent for free). He's a Rogue (the Wilderness Rogue variant), we start on level 2 (again, it's an E6 game), and we have 900 gold to throw around.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

aeauseth
2013-11-04, 02:30 PM
I'm not familiar with E6, nor the Worghest, however I will assume this is a limited verson of Alter Self (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/alterSelf.htm).

When the change occurs, your equipment, if any, either remains worn or held by the new form (if it is capable of wearing or holding the item), or melds into the new form and becomes nonfunctional. When you revert to your true form, any objects previously melded into the new form reappear in the same location on your body they previously occupied and are once again functional. Any new items you wore in the assumed form and can’t wear in your normal form fall off and land at your feet; any that you could wear in either form or carry in a body part common to both forms at the time of reversion are still held in the same way. Any part of the body or piece of equipment that is separated from the whole reverts to its true form.

You might get your DM to bring in some of the Druid's WildShape rules and allow you to use a Wilding Clasps or Wild Armor.

You can probably get away with using bracers of armor instead of traditional armor.

Gullara
2013-11-04, 03:18 PM
I believe it is based on Alter Self. I'd check again, but I'm away from my books at the moment. I also forgot to mention that the Worghest ability specifically allows it to work with effects that work with Wildshape.

And to clarify, E6 is basically DnD that only goes up to level 6. After that, you gain feats for your experience, rather than leveling up.

I think my main problem with buying equipment will be cost. 900 gold isn't enough to get even +1 Bracers of Armour. That said, I can mention those and the Wildshape stuff to my GM for loot, so thanks for that.