PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Zeb The Troll
2012-07-18, 08:22 PM
Welcome to the eleventh incarnation of the popular Welcome thread for new members.

If you are new, feel free to post your greetings and salutations here.

If you are old, feel free to stop by from time to time and welcome the new folks to the playground.

Regardless of your current status, new or old, welcome to the Playground.

(Please do keep non-salutation conversations to a minimum, here, random banter is there for a reason.)

Ignasius
2013-11-02, 01:16 PM
Well, hello, everyone. Today, I stumbled upon this website and decided to take a look-see at what it has to offer.

I'm Ignasius, and this is my first day on the Giant in the Playground forums. It's nice to meet you all, and I hope there's a place for me somewhere.

inexorabletruth
2013-11-03, 01:15 AM
Hello Ignasius! A better way to introduce yourself might be to start at this thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249974).

Regardless, let me be the first to welcome you to the Playground! I hope you enjoy it here. What are your particular interests? Maybe I can point you to a forum.

Roland St. Jude
2013-11-04, 03:10 PM
Welcome new thread!

rredmond
2013-11-04, 04:23 PM
Welcome new thread!

Hah, nice!
--Ron--

Cuthalion
2013-11-04, 10:29 PM
Hello and Welcome new Thread!

Wait, Roland already did that. Neeever mind then.

Elemental
2013-11-04, 10:50 PM
In honour to the new thread and in the anticipation of welcoming many new and wonderful people, I submit these fireworks for your appreciation:
http://thejettysouthbank.com.au/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Riverfire2010.jpg

Krucik
2013-11-05, 04:09 AM
uhh hello everyone,
Not sure if this is the right place or not but yeah. I got introduced and summoned here by a good friend of mine so yeah anyone know anything about how to do dice rolls on D&D 3.5 or something? As i'm still thoroughly confused.

rubyclifton
2013-11-05, 06:42 AM
Hi! Really glad to join this wonderful forum! Hope to build many new relationships up here.

Jibril Angelos
2013-11-05, 07:15 AM
Hello and welcome.
A friend of my advised this place to me, as a main source of all his crazy minmaxing ideas for our campaigns, so I got curious and came here. Mostly to find new and interesting ways to torment my players and make their characters lives a living hell (they like that kind of brutal and unforgiving campaigns I run).

So, once again, hello and welcome!

Zar Peter
2013-11-05, 12:14 PM
Hello Krucik, rubyclifton and Jibril Angelos!

Have a nice time here, take some cookies and stroll around. If you want, there is a nice comic regularly updating. Well, regularly...ish. I hope you find everything you want (Although I'm a bit confused about what Krucik wants. Do you want to learn how to play DnD 3.5 or are you looking for online dice rollers?).

Anyway welcome. And now I'm back in the Silly Message Board Games.

Shadow Revenge
2013-11-05, 08:19 PM
Hi, I'm a new member from the shadows, looking mostly for tips on rogue builds, or barbarian/rogue builds for a little extra sneakiness. thanks for having me.

SlimeKnight40
2013-11-05, 09:13 PM
Hi guys.

I joined this forum because I am a fan of OotS, as well as to take a look at homebrew content and get some feedback for my own.

Zump1
2013-11-06, 04:31 AM
Hello, everybody. I'm a fan of OotS and webcomics in general, and I mostly gather tips about GM-ing and running games.

Skeppio
2013-11-06, 07:22 AM
Welcome Shadow Revenge, SlimeKnight40 and Zump1! :smallsmile:

rredmond
2013-11-06, 07:49 AM
Welcome new folks!
--Ron--

Badass Halfling
2013-11-06, 08:55 PM
Hello! I am new to posting, though not to the Playground. If my username's minor profanities is too much for the Playground, please ban me now, not later.

Psinoob
2013-11-07, 04:53 PM
Hello! <.< I've seen this place before but I didn't know people RPed here, when I saw that they did..... *Registration complete* Other than that I am a horrible person and will most likely vilify myself to my peers in time.

bmartino1
2013-11-07, 11:28 PM
hmmm.... First time using something like this... Thanks for having me, and hello, i'm here! lolz

SummUppz
2013-11-08, 02:59 AM
Hello I am SummUppz
Basically born in Canada, right now on a sabbatical
I like gaming, partying and stuff like that
I am here to learn on new games and discuss bout them

Killer Angel
2013-11-08, 08:15 AM
Ohhh!
Time to welcome the new thread AND the new playgrounders!

Hello to Badass Halfling, Psinoob and bmartino1. Enjoy your stay. :smallsmile:

Killer Angel
2013-11-08, 09:45 AM
A welcome hug to you!

(anyway, this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312717) is the place for the greetings. :smallwink:)

TandemChelipeds
2013-11-08, 10:02 AM
Supguise. I've been playing Pathfinder sporadically for a couple of years, but I just moved and I don't have a group anymore, so I thought I'd get into online RP. Order of the Stick's actually one of the main reasons I got into DnD, along with Darths and Droids, so I thought this would be a good choice of a site. Depending on what company I have, I tend to be either a mad cantankerous bastard or a fly on the wall, so fair warning.

CaptainShoggoth
2013-11-08, 10:58 AM
Hi! I'm Iain, long-time reader and fan :)

Savannah
2013-11-08, 04:57 PM
Hi, TandemChelipeds and CaptainShoggoth (not going to lie, when I've got a choice of names between Iain and CaptainShoggoth, I'm calling you CaptainShoggoth :smalltongue:). Welcome to the Playground!

the_fennecfox
2013-11-09, 11:24 AM
Hey everyone, I just joined and am kinda confused, but oh well. I love Order of the Stick, V is my favorite

Vanitas
2013-11-09, 10:10 PM
So here I am, doing everything I can, holding on to what I am, pretending I'm a--

Hi, I'm Vanitas. :smallwink:

Azurome
2013-11-10, 03:01 AM
HAIL!

Long time OOTS fan here. Thought that i'd check out the community and fan base behind it. Thank ye.

Old Geezer GM
2013-11-10, 09:36 AM
Greetings! New to this forum, but not to gaming. I guess you could say I'm coming back into the fold after some time away.

Anyway, I like the feel of these forums, and hope to become an active member. I'm getting the itch to run a play-by-post! Stay tuned!

Mr. Turniphead
2013-11-10, 06:06 PM
Hiya folks, was recently inspired to start up a new account here on the forums. Been years since I've used my old one.

Anywho, glad to be back looking forward to talkin' to you!

rredmond
2013-11-10, 07:43 PM
Welcome y'all!
--Ron--

EnemyTroper
2013-11-11, 02:45 AM
Hello,

It is an honor to be here and hope to get to know some of you.

I think I would be classified as a Homebrew theorist so I'll probably be spotted there often.

Oh, can someone help shorten the links that one can attach to a post. I see people can put a single word instead. i keep forgetting how it is done, and it looks so cluttered when I have an entire link visible.

Thanks in Advance,

Bye for now

asthesunfails
2013-11-11, 10:23 PM
Hi, new guy here. I've lurked on and off for the past year, mostly in the DnD 3.5 area, and I've finally gotten it together to make a profile.

Well, that's my plain introduction. Thank you all.

rredmond
2013-11-13, 11:57 AM
You shorten links by using the URL code, as such:

By puting an open bracket "[" at the beginning of this string: url=www.and-mag.com]& Mag[/url]

it then becomes this: & Mag (www.and-mag.com)

Hope that helps!
--Ron--

PS: Or you can press QUOTE below to see how I did it as well. :)

leila
2013-11-13, 12:06 PM
Not new to the forum but new to registration and sliding from the darkness, from the shadows comes...the lurker! I've built many many characters from tips on this forum and was too overwhelmed to actually consider posting. While lurking this morning for my newest build, I saw an ad for a firefly rpg and immediately drew up a character..um..I mean...completed forum registration. Saying hello, then I will go back to hiding. ~hello!

Vagoasdf
2013-11-13, 12:18 PM
hallou!
i came in for the comic mostly. I never played D&D, because, well there is almost nowhere to play, and i tried on the internet but either the site was crappy/players ragequitted/ i forgot about it.... i played free role playing games, and such, but well, whatever. I still understood half the D&D references, and here i am, ready to go forward

also, my grammar might, and will be wrong. im not an native-english talker. spanish is my native-language

oaken
2013-11-13, 09:12 PM
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking the forums for some time, as a few months ago I went back to D&D playing with some new friends from work. I've been accessing the forums randomly to get some tips, but this has become more frequent as recently I started DM'ing for our group.

I registered in hopes of sharing our campaign journal and hopefully getting feedback and new ideas from other people in the forums.

Thanks!

Isabel
2013-11-14, 11:04 PM
I am new member in this community and found it very useful i am a tourist and visited many beautiful countries of the world. Travel is my passion and now i am here to know some more information and ideas about traveling and found this community is highly interesting.

RaynFreth
2013-11-15, 02:58 PM
Hello everyone!

Uyulala
2013-11-15, 03:03 PM
Hello OOTS world!

Long time lurker/reader, as the awesomeness of the comic kept increasing with each update, the probability of me not registering tended to zero...

Tormag
2013-11-15, 06:09 PM
Hey there OotSies!

I'm finally jumping in to this big roleplaying-y forum world, after I read so much good stuff here over the past weeks and was tempted to make OotS style character pictures for my adventuring party by the comic. I have found that it is harder than it looks, and that it also doesn't look great if you start big and re-size down to Avatar sizes for the forum, but welp, I've had a lot of fun doing it anyway :smallbiggrin:

Crazy Mage
2013-11-15, 07:26 PM
Howdy! I am Jason, and I am from southeast Michigan. I recently got back into role playing games and rediscovered this site. Not really sure what else to post, so I'll end it here. Thanks!

SneakTeeth
2013-11-16, 12:12 AM
Hello, all.

I joined the forums as I like the comic, but I also enjoy enjoy playing D&D (usually 3.5). The atmosphere seems nice here too, so that's a definite bonus.

I doodle scratchy things every now and then as you can see in my avatar (which I hope was uploaded right or I get to be embarrassed while I fix it) and my signature.

I'm quiet, but I'll be around.

Smorgonoffz
2013-11-16, 02:15 PM
Hello to everyone!

Louloubelle
2013-11-16, 04:05 PM
N00b! Hiya! Trying out Forum RP for the first time! Hope to have some fantastic adventures!

enderlord99
2013-11-16, 06:29 PM
N00b! Hypocrite. Hiya! Why are you karate chopping? Trying out Forum RP for the first time! Hope to have some fantastic adventures! You sure sound excited! That's good, I guess. Have fun!
Just so you know, bluetext indicates sarcasm and/or attempted humour.
Responses in bold.:smallwink:

Themike
2013-11-16, 06:41 PM
Hello and thank you to Rich for 10 years of awesome!

ApeironTheOdd
2013-11-16, 11:47 PM
Greetings? Curses on on this infernal scrying device... Aha!

GREETINGS! I am a silly person who has long enjoyed the work of the Giant in his long recounting of the adventures of the Order of the Stick. However, this is indeed my first attempt at communicating with this community... For... Reasons. Use thine imagination!

I wish well for all my stick-like brethren, and look forward to any and all adventures.

-Apeiron.

P.S. The pseudonym is a Greek word used by the philosopher Anaximander to describe a primal force beyond opposites from which equal and opposites spring. It is NOT a reference to a primate and a metal.

rredmond
2013-11-17, 07:11 PM
Hello!!!
Welcome to all!
--Ron--

CorpusDei
2013-11-19, 12:25 PM
Hullo all!

Long time reader, first time caller! Looking forward to diving deep into this community and getting to know some of my fellow Playgroundiers.

Killer Angel
2013-11-20, 07:02 AM
Looking forward to diving deep into this community and getting to know some of my fellow Playgroundiers.

Me first!!!
WELCOME HUG. :smallsmile:

And a welcome also to the previous newcomers, even if they already received a salutation. :smallwink:

mrarkadin
2013-11-20, 03:59 PM
Hello! I've been slowly trying to get back into RPGs and recently dusted down some Mage the Ascension books.

Stride
2013-11-20, 05:49 PM
microphone check. Hello.

Switchblade
2013-11-20, 11:54 PM
Helloooo! Just thought if I was ever to join any forum, it would be this one. I was lurking around as a guest, but I thought having a voice in the forum would be great.

Grozomah
2013-11-21, 04:11 AM
Hullo world! I'm alive! :D

Elkreeal
2013-11-21, 09:41 PM
Hello everybody,
I've been visiting the giant in the play ground forum for a while now and couldn't resist becoming a member. I've seen such great tips here and the users seem to be really helpful and the general feeling I get of mutual help here is comforting and hope I can help other players as well. The forum helps a lot because I used to play D&D 2e with older friends of my cousin and "recently" stated playing D&D 4e and would like to further evolve my understanding and brainstorm as well.

Tortuous-Rex
2013-11-24, 01:29 AM
Hello all! I am Tortuous, a gamer of roles and playing for almost half a decade now. In that timw I have played many kinds of roleplaying games, from venerable dungeons and dragons to elaborate GURPS to grimdark roleplaying games like dark heresy and death watch.
I also play th miniatures war game warhammer 40k n the fantasy version to a lesser extent.

So.... um, hello..... i like stuff and doing.... thingies!

Elemental
2013-11-24, 03:24 AM
A grand welcome to Mrarkadin, Stride, Switchblade, Grozomah, Elkreeal and Tortuous-Rex.
Enjoy your time here and feel free to ask anything.

ts20fan
2013-11-24, 11:38 AM
I just joined recently, as I have been reading the comic for some time now, and have been reading the forum for a couple of months.

I hope to build some new friendships here.

rredmond
2013-11-24, 02:22 PM
Wow. Welcome everyone!!
--Ron--

Dacha93
2013-11-24, 09:15 PM
Hello everyone!
I found out about this comic around when either "The Last Laugh" or "No Bone Unturned" was still the last strip on the site. I read through rather quickly, and I loved it (and still do, mind you :smallsmile: ). So... I don't really know what else to say (e.g. I don't usually put personal details around). All I know is that I'm certainly going to have a great time here. :smallsmile:

Archelon
2013-11-25, 02:46 AM
Hello everyone!

It is a pleasure to join you all here.

I am a fairly new D&D player, started about a year ago playing with some college friends, and an even newer reader of OotS, starting only a few days ago.

I'm currently playing in two campaigns, one as a soon to be 11th level character, 5th level druid 6th level master of many forms, as I wanted to specialize in just wildshaping. In the other campaign I am a 5th level character, 3rd level scout and 2nd level ranger.

Starting in January I will be a DM for the first time! I'm super excited and will likely be asking many questions here, because I'd rather not ask my players, who are far more experienced with D&D than I am, and that'd spoil the experience for them, though they have accounts here and will likely see it anyways...

So yea that's me! See ya 'round the forum errybuddy!

:smalltongue:

McJesos
2013-11-25, 10:29 PM
Hey there, all. Been lurking on the forums for a while, reading about the d20 system and builds, particularly 3.5. Finally decided to make an account, and apparently I should be saying 'hey' here.

Zak the Paladin
2013-11-26, 02:29 PM
I suppose after reading through these forums for ~2 years, it would be appropriate to register and attempt to cover my lurker taxes.
I haven't been active on any sort of forum since the Warcraft 3 days of yore, and I hope to use this one as a means to get back into it.

The following is just a test of the code for this website, as I have always had trouble with such things before.
This is regular text.
This is totally not blue text.
This is larger text.
This is smaller text.
This is a different font.
This is a link(to Google). (http://www.google.com)
:smile:

And with that out of the way,
Hello Playground.

Smk7057
2013-11-26, 04:39 PM
hi guys i'm new, and i have an OOTS addiction.

SLOTHRPG95
2013-11-26, 09:26 PM
Hello|Playground.

Dragonwriter713
2013-11-27, 02:18 PM
Hello Playground, I'm Dragonwriter713. I have been reading Order Of The Stick since high school and I'm a fan of D&D, an avid reader of fantasy lit, a model railroader and hope to someday be a fantasy novelist.

Killer Angel
2013-11-28, 07:55 AM
Ouch, so many newcomers... hello to all of you!

A welcome hug to: Dacha93, Archelon, McJesos, Zak the Paladin, Smk7057, SLOTHRPG95, Dragonwriter713.

Enjoy your stay :smallsmile:

Dilkington
2013-11-28, 03:17 PM
S'up and stuff.

20 years old, dude, student, English.

Disrecollection
2013-11-28, 03:25 PM
Hello All. I'm new. Read the forum rules. They seem very complicated. I've been reading the forums for a while. Decided to Register. Hello World.

ryuplaneswalker
2013-11-29, 01:34 AM
Hello Playground, I had an account here a while ago guess I lost it after not logging in forever, so as this is a new account again I thought I should probably post in the introduction thread again.

Dannir
2013-11-30, 04:00 PM
Well, I figure I might as well say hello... So, well, hello world! Uhm, especially the playground!

Might be looking around to join games or such if I feel like seeing if I can actually work with D&D. Might homebrew at some point. We'll see.

The_Anarchist
2013-11-30, 06:08 PM
Hello to everyone! I have been lurking around on this site for quite some time, and I just decided to finally register. :D

Lord Raziere
2013-12-01, 01:43 AM
Welcome newcomers.

word of advice to newcomers: if you ever feel the impulse to pit Superman against anybody, specify "1930's Superman". just trust me on this. you'll thank me later. :smallcool:

Passive Pete
2013-12-01, 11:00 PM
Hello, creatures of all forms.

I am The Hat Man, a new member! I play 3.5 edition Dungeons and Dragons, and occasionally Pathfinder. I like movies, too, and will hopefully be getting a custom avatar soon!

The Dolman
2013-12-02, 06:36 PM
Hello, I am fairly new, but have lurked here for a while. I play 4e, and enjoy making especially absurd, specialized, or optimized characters. (Bonus points if the character is more than one!)

Graustein
2013-12-03, 01:37 AM
Hallo Playground!

I am a longtime reader of OOTS who has in recent months taken to lurking the forums and finally decided to make my own profile.

My two main reasons for this are to get advice on a D&D campaign setting I've been haltlingly working on for a while, and to possibly hopefully find players (or be directed to where I might find players) of D&D (any edition or variation, English or German) in Berlin, to where I will be moving next year and know no one.

Bogotter
2013-12-03, 12:52 PM
Howdy folks!

Long time no see.

Waaaaay back in the day I used to be a moderator for these forums. Was feeling a bit nostalgic today and decided to pop in and say "hello!"

Codiak723
2013-12-04, 03:36 PM
Hi there!
RPer who rarely met a system he didn't like! Way more into fluff than crunch and has read and re-read through the archives more times than he cares to admit.

TuggyNE
2013-12-04, 07:47 PM
TheHatMan, The Dolman, Graustein, Codiak723: Welcome! Hope you have an awesome time here.

Howdy folks!

Long time no see.

Waaaaay back in the day I used to be a moderator for these forums. Was feeling a bit nostalgic today and decided to pop in and say "hello!"

A wild OldMod appears!

Wow, welcome back. You make me feel like a newbie for the first time in a while, since I think I joined years after you retired.

Godiva
2013-12-05, 09:14 AM
Howdy! I'm a fan of the fans of this web comic. I like going to the meet ups and meeting the face behind the avatar. I've joined after all these years to keep up to date on meet ups, instead of relying on other playgrounders to keep me in the loop.

hsw2201
2013-12-06, 06:17 AM
Hello there! I'm newbie here, came from far-east country, Korea!:smallsmile::smallsmile:
May the Force be w....oh, nevermind XD

DrTempest
2013-12-06, 07:33 PM
Hello, long time lurker, even longer time reader. Glad to meet all of you fine adventuring folks. Hope to help contribute to the forum in some way.

Moon_Dew
2013-12-09, 01:57 PM
Hello everyone.

Wereboar_It
2013-12-10, 06:14 AM
Hi, everyone. I've been a looong-time lurker on the forum and reader of the comic... and well, after so much reading, I figured a little hello to the community that gave me many smiles and thoughts about the comic was in order.

Greetings from Italy :-) I'm not a native english speaker, so please... boar patience with me.

Francesco

(I wanted to set that last warning in a signature, but that doesn't seem to work).

Killer Angel
2013-12-10, 05:01 PM
it appears i missed some welcome...

Time for duty!

A welcome hug to Godiva, hsw2201, DrTempest, Moon_Dew

annnd...

Greetings from Italy :-)

oohhh, a countryman! our colony grows stronger! :smallbiggrin:

rredmond
2013-12-11, 07:43 AM
Welcome folks!!
--Ron--

Appleshy1973
2013-12-11, 07:45 AM
Good to be back.

Haven't been here for months.

Mirre
2013-12-12, 05:17 AM
Hello everyone,

New to the forum and pretty new to D&D. We've started playing with a group of friends and family a couple of months ago. And I've found this forum looking for inspiration and been browsing it ever since.

We have been playing D&D 4.0, in our second campaign now (sorta) and meanwhile trying to write a story to one day DM myself.
Thought now was a good time to register so I'd be able to get some advice from you all :smallwink:

Mirre

Fabletop
2013-12-12, 10:32 AM
hello everyone:smallsmile:

Marek Halffling
2013-12-13, 05:26 PM
Hello! I've been playing D&D for ten years or so and reading the comic for about half that, and just popped into the forum the other day. Looks like a cool place to be!

Dirtamancer
2013-12-14, 03:59 AM
Hi I'm new

Hobbescotch
2013-12-14, 03:00 PM
Why haven't I found this site before? I play virtual Masquerade and DM 4E in that boring parallel universe called "reality".

Killer Angel
2013-12-15, 09:19 AM
(Ah, new brrrrainnssss... yummy yummy)

A warm welcome to Mirre, Fabletop, Marek Halffling, Dirtamancer and Hobbescotch.

Here, let me hug you...

Wise Grunt
2013-12-16, 03:12 AM
Hi, I'm new...like really new. looking for a fast paced PbP D&D 3.5. I've never really gotten to play D&D, so take pity on a wretched gamer and hook me up in your next campaign!

Nimbryx
2013-12-16, 06:42 AM
Hey everyone! Relatively inexperienced player here.

Been playing tabletops for a while (mostly palladium and skyrealms of jorune) but recently found a group for DnD to play with. I've been lurking around here for a while to help with progression choices for my characters and thought to join up because this site has been so incredibly helpful.

BeeGee
2013-12-17, 11:39 AM
After mistakenly making my own thread for this, which I'll delete after this post, I guess Hello?

Duck999
2013-12-17, 03:09 PM
Hello Wise Grunt, Nimbryx, and BeeGee.
BeeGee: Here, I will nitpick for you; That probably shouldn't be just one sentence or a question.
Not the I really care, who would with...

COOKIES FOR ALL

I bet you read Cookies for all before the rest of the message, most people find it hard to avoid doing.

BeeGee
2013-12-17, 04:15 PM
Hello Wise Grunt, Nimbryx, and BeeGee.
BeeGee: Here, I will nitpick for you; That probably shouldn't be just one sentence or a question.
Not the I really care, who would with...

COOKIES FOR ALL

I bet you read Cookies for all before the rest of the message, most people find it hard to avoid doing.

I was typing in the middle of class.

Oddity222
2013-12-18, 05:15 AM
Hello everyone, I registered just today, but I have been following this wonderful site for a long time!

ShadeBlade11
2013-12-18, 02:52 PM
Hello Everyone! It's nice to finally register after lurking for a while.

rredmond
2013-12-18, 04:45 PM
Welcome folks!
Hope you all enjoy!!
--Ron--

zinycor
2013-12-18, 11:07 PM
Hello:smallwink:

reploid
2013-12-19, 08:11 AM
Hello all, I'm a french (sorry) reader of OOTS from a long time & I choose today to subscribe on this forum for multiples questions.
I started RPG at 8 years (brother 's guinea pig), I'm still into it (sorry).

It's difficult for me to access to all goddies from OOTS (so sad) but one day I will success (I have two books ^^).
In februar, my baby girl will come (Happy) & my girlsfriends (also multi classed barbarian/clercic) prepare the Birth announcement card.

There are not Birth announcement card in the shop :/ but there is a wonderful picture that would be perfect for that (we translated in french) :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31397992/licorne.jpg

We are not barbarian, er ..., I'm not, that's why we would ask the authorisation to use this picture.

Ho Lord, in a name of stick, help us & give us our daily (monthly :p) comics.

enderlord99
2013-12-19, 10:07 PM
Hello all, I'm a french (sorry) reader of OOTS from a long time & I choose today to subscribe on this forum for multiples questions.
I started RPG at 8 years (brother 's guinea pig), I'm still into it (sorry).

It's difficult for me to access to all goddies from OOTS (so sad) but one day I will success (I have two books ^^).
In februar, my baby girl will come (Happy) & my girlsfriends (also multi classed barbarian/clercic) prepare the Birth announcement card.

There are not Birth announcement card in the shop :/ but there is a wonderful picture that would be perfect for that (we translated in french) :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31397992/licorne.jpg

We are not barbarian, er ..., I'm not, that's why we would ask the authorisation to use this picture.

Ho Lord, in a name of stick, help us & give us our daily (monthly :p) comics.

Why do you keep apologizing?:smallconfused:

TheOnlyCleric
2013-12-19, 10:16 PM
Hello! New to these forums (and to D&D in general). Say hello!

dangenet
2013-12-20, 11:19 AM
Well met, stranger(s).

Killer Angel
2013-12-21, 04:12 AM
Hello folks!
A hug welcome to dangenet and TheOnlyCleric. Enjoy your stay!

Why do you keep apologizing?:smallconfused:

Newbie that thinks we're going to judge him?
Or... He's a French. They stole the Gioconda!

(a note for Reploid: blue text, around here, is used for sarcasm and jokes) :smallwink:

Zhoug
2013-12-21, 06:03 AM
Hi all, I'm a devout OOtS reader easing his way very slowly into the forums.
I had a spate of playing AD&D back in the day (o joyous day), but haven't found the right combination of spare time and wiling comrades since. Ah, well, in a few short years the kids should be old enough to know how to roll dice instead of swallowing them.

Blessings be upon you all.

6thEdition
2013-12-21, 09:03 AM
Hello World! I'm just a normal tabletop player, and an amateur optimizer! :smallsmile:

Scoot
2013-12-21, 11:03 AM
Hi! I'm not exactly new but I haven't been here in about two years or so SO I figured it wouldn't be too far off to say Hello again! :smallbiggrin:

The Viceroy
2013-12-22, 02:56 PM
Greetings, and welcome all to the magical land of forums!

rredmond
2013-12-23, 10:06 AM
Welcome everyone!

and...

Hi all, I'm a devout OOtS reader easing his way very slowly into the forums.
I had a spate of playing AD&D back in the day (o joyous day), but haven't found the right combination of spare time and wiling comrades since. Ah, well, in a few short years the kids should be old enough to know how to roll dice instead of swallowing them.

Blessings be upon you all.

I play AD&D with my kids and it's great. I have four daughters and my two oldest (11yo and 9yo) play every couple of weeks. Sometimes the 6yo even joins in, the 3yo just likes the dice. :)

But if you want to ease your way back in, you should definitely try Play by Post gaming. The pace is slower than face to face gaming, but it's a great way to get reacquainted with the game. I play over at Unseen Servant (www.unseenservant.us) and there's a lot of folks there that play AD&D and everyone there is real helpful. You may want to check it out.

Either way have fun and I hope you find a game soon!

--Ron--

Kruploy
2013-12-23, 11:10 AM
Damp with tears of fierce, unbridled laughter; I arrive in this labyrinth of ones and zeroes. Though my appearance is masked in the shadow of anonymity, my words are perfectly honest and should not be doubted at the slightest. Trust me friends, when I say I speak only the truth. I have not spoken a single lie in my entire life and all who bask in my presence worship me as an honest lord of honestly. Trust me pals and you will benefits from it.

In other words,

Hi guys.

synod14
2013-12-24, 08:01 AM
Hi there, I'm synod pleasure to meet you all. I can have a whacky time schedule considering I'm always on call

qwertyhim513
2013-12-24, 08:14 PM
Kinda found this when looking for a helmet heroes comic. Not exactly what I was looking for but I'm glad I found this. So...uhh... Hi.

IxenArcanissar
2013-12-24, 11:38 PM
Hello to all! I have perused several threads on this site already, and since I found it very useful I decided to join. My name is Ixen Arcanissar, which means "Fire Magician" in Draconic - basically I'm a pyromancer. Just call me Ixen (cause I can't even spell Arcanissar without looking it up).

So, hello to all!
Ixen

MrMagikMan
2013-12-25, 03:39 PM
Hello and thanks for having me! PaDowng...Ziipp...zowie!!!:smallbiggrin:

eidreff
2013-12-25, 05:08 PM
After a while away from the playground I return, albiet on an irregular basis. Hi to all!

rredmond
2013-12-26, 05:45 AM
Welcome and welcome back!!
--Ron--

Opposite Day
2013-12-26, 02:19 PM
Long time lurker, finally got around to registering today :)

Pretty much posting here to see what bardguy.jpg looks like!

EDIT: oh dear. I hope he grows on you.

danirijeka
2013-12-27, 10:55 AM
@above - it's amazing how people can lurk without even thinking of registering...like yours truly.

Fan of the comic since...oh, I don't even know. Greetings!

mifdog
2013-12-27, 04:37 PM
New forum member here; been following the strip since 473, I think; I noticed the forum tab last week, and here I am. I'm mostly in this forum for the play-by-post games; I used to be part of a group, but living in the wildlands of New Hampshire (Oh! What verdant hills/Where the soul beats strong/And the forests reverb with freedom) means that that sort of thing is quite a hike, and I eventually didn't have that kind of time. My computer, on the other hand, is a lot closer by.

Duke Andor
2013-12-27, 11:59 PM
Hello...long time reader and gamer, just wanted to say hello!

Okay, I just wanted to have a post on the board.

Okay, I just wanted to see the avatar I'd picked. :smallfrown:

Don't judge me. :smallbiggrin:

Killer Angel
2013-12-28, 03:47 AM
Long time lurker,

it's amazing how people can lurk without even thinking of registering...

been following the strip since 473, I think;

Hello...long time reader

As an ex lurker, I can only sympathize with you... and with your decision to join the community. :smallwink:
A welcome hug to Opposite Day, danirijeka, mifdog and Duke Andor!

EmeraldRose
2013-12-28, 02:35 PM
Welcome to all the new Playgrounders! Don't worry about being judged, we're all weird here. It's part of what makes our Playground so much fun!

Enjoy your time with us. :smallbiggrin:

petepont
2013-12-28, 08:13 PM
Hey all,

I'm new to register, and about a month old in terms of reading the board. I came across the Order of the Stick one day while TV Trope stumbling (you know how it goes). I loved it, read it all the way through in about a week, and then wandered over to the forums. Now I've registered because you all seem like such lovely people

MobiusHero
2013-12-29, 03:59 AM
Hello fellow Rpers and sundry peeps! I am rather new to D&D, I have however played most White Wolf products for about a decade now. I am joining to try and gain some insight into the systems from more experienced minds. Overall I'm glad to be here!

PsyBomb
2013-12-29, 01:34 PM
I guess I'm supposed to post here first. I'm PsyBomb, longtime DM and writer of fanfiction. Haven't read much OotS yet, though I intend to, I'm mostly here for the Forums at the moment.

Odin456
2013-12-29, 07:57 PM
Hi everyone just saying hi as you may have guessed? I'm not quite the all-father I got both my eyes and if I did have a horse I swear it would have four legs. Oh also the link to this thread from the user control thingy took me to incarnation #6 not this exact one.

ReD_Exorcist
2013-12-30, 02:55 AM
Whats up im kinda new here just wanted to meet some people

The Trickster
2013-12-30, 03:26 AM
Howdy!

I would recommend introducing yourself in the "Hello and Welcome New Members" thread. That's where a lot of people start out at.

Jaxzan Proditor
2013-12-30, 09:55 PM
Hello, everyone. Just thought I'd say hello here, as directed. I decided to make an account because I wanted to participate in some of the wonderful discussions that go on in the forums. So, hello again, and I hope to have lots of fun here! :smallsmile:

PrincessCupcake
2013-12-31, 07:12 PM
uh oh. I finally quit lurking on the site and decided to join.

Hello everyone~ *waves*

I promise I'll try not to cause any shenanigans. Or at least no bad ones.:smallbiggrin:

Urilikya
2013-12-31, 07:13 PM
Greetings to everyone, I've been lurking for ages and thought I should register. So. Hullo.

jacksan
2014-01-01, 12:18 PM
Hi evryone!
I, like the latter 2 posters, decided recently to join, and I'm glad to.
This forum has been an invaluable resource for building my chars, informations/opinions on some obscure rules, or even fun to read out of shear curiosity, and I know it will be the same in the future, hopefully, I'll bring something mine on the table :smallsmile:
So, thank you for the help so long, see you on the boards!
ps: english is not my native language, so be patient please :smalltongue:
edit: fixing some typos.

davidhanna
2014-01-01, 04:46 PM
Hello, my name is David. I have been a fan of OOTS and a lurker on the forums for a couple of years now, and I figured it was time I registered.

Balbanes
2014-01-02, 01:13 AM
Long time lurker turned new registrant here. Hello everyone!

Killer Angel
2014-01-02, 07:22 AM
Wow, hello to petepont, MobiusHero, PsyBomb, Odin456, Jaxzan Proditor, PrincessCupcake, Urilikya, jacksan, davidhanna, Balbanes.

...Santa brought us many new members, yay! Welcome aboard, and enjoy your stay. :smallsmile:

Thomas Hunter
2014-01-02, 02:26 PM
Hello, all. I've been registered for a couple months now, but only have a couple posts (and mainly just read through Things I May Never Do and Quotes threads).

Who should I talk to for a custom avatar?

Cuthalion
2014-01-02, 02:46 PM
Hello, all. I've been registered for a couple months now, but only have a couple posts (and mainly just read through Things I May Never Do and Quotes threads).

Who should I talk to for a custom avatar?

Welcome. You could.... Pm... someone.... *glances downwards* or you could go to the Request an OOTS-Style Avatar Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322040) in Arts and Crafts.

Thomas Hunter
2014-01-02, 06:21 PM
Ah. Apologies for not just... doing... that. :smallredface:

I put a description on the linked thread, if you want to do it.

James Seskra
2014-01-02, 09:05 PM
Well, hi everybody. James Seskra here. I'll hopefully be doing some RP-ing here with some friends who are also headed this way (assuming they can get off their lazy butts and make profiles) because we find the Escapist community has gotten a little too... toxic, for our tastes.

I'm not too sure how involved I'll be with the rest of the forums but you do all seem like upstanding and outstanding folk, so feel free to drop by and give me a ring if you want to chat. I've always liked meeting new people.

See you around.

- James.

PS: In the interest of polite conversation, here's a few random favorites of mine.

Favorite food: vegetarian tortellini with garlic sauce.
Favorite supervillain: Catman.
Favorite webcomic: El Goonish Shive.
Favorite superhero: Danny The Street.
Favorite movie: The entirety of the Extended Editions of LOTR. All 11.5 hours.
Favorite Doctor: Christopher Eccleston.
Favorite band: Lesbian Bed Death.
Favorite Starfleet Captain: Janeway (yes, I know that's the nostalgia talking, shut up).
Favorite game: Final Fantasy IX.
Favorite Dwarf: Bifur.

Mictlan93
2014-01-02, 09:38 PM
So uh, this is a little awkward. See, I made a profile here like, last month, but I didn't introduce myself immediately because the last "introduce yourself" thread I spotted was locked.

...Then again, I wasn't looking all that hard.

But yeah, Hi! Mictlan here (Or Phil...whichever...call me whatever you want, I have way too many nicknames to keep count). I'm a rampant RPer and (not-nearly-as-motivated-as-I-used-be) writer, and was hoping to infect enrich this kind, open-armed community with some RPs some friends and I were planning on launching here.

The change of scenery and fresh wave of wide eyed Role Players could really be just the thing that we need.

So let's get to know one another, okay? :smallsmile:

Alvarosaurus
2014-01-03, 01:25 AM
hello!
I'm new here, found this site thanks to the forum, it was something about a plague doctor homebrew class, I don't remember were i left the link though

I'm new to roleplaying, but i have already read many manuals and rule books , I started playing with a human druid, but only got to lvl 2, after that our DM went off (she was my girlfriend and we broke up) and my friends (the rest of the party) choose me to asume DM functions

we play D&D 3.5 but with a lot of homebrew stuff (mainly by me and a friend)

I am at this point in two partys (parties?) the original one as an Angel Paladin lvl 1 (homebrew Angel race) , no longer the DM as we shifted again :smalltongue:

and the other as the DM on a homebrew campaing

i know little about OOTS, but I'll probably read it soon

thanks and sorry if i mispell something, english is not my mother language

reaverb
2014-01-03, 03:51 AM
Hello!

I wasn't actually going to bother with this, but the new poster notification which describes this "new players say hello" thread (The one in a black box at the top of the page, and turns into "Welcome back! Be sure you have read and understand the Forum Rules." after your first post) still links to the 6th edition of this thread.

Exact message (links added because they won't copy and paste):

Hello reaverb,
Welcome to Giant in the Playground Forums. Please be sure to read and abide by the forum rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1) and to confine all "hello" posts to the new members say hello here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49101) thread.

rredmond
2014-01-03, 07:15 AM
Wow a whole passel of new folks!
Welcome all!!
--Ron--

GoodDocJones
2014-01-03, 04:56 PM
Hello, everyone. I'm Doc, and it's good to meet you all!

This isn't my first forum, and it probably won't be the last. I've got some experience in fantasy and Sci-Fi, though I'm usually too busy having fun to bother with any of that wisdom nonsense.

Look forward to playing with you all!

enderlord99
2014-01-03, 05:52 PM
Doc: Your signature seems kind of... swollen... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1)

TheEyesofSyn
2014-01-04, 10:22 AM
Hi,
Well, relatively recently a friend of mine directed me to these lovely forums, and I figured I might as well give this whole forum introduction thing a go, given that I've found a gold mine of information, ideas, suggestions, and inspiration here as of recent.

So yeah...hi.

Well okay, perhaps I should be a little more detailed.
Hi, I'm somewhat new to D&D, but familiar enough to really appreciate these forums.
I play a human female druid with a bear companion in an RP intensive campaign. She's not my only D&D character, but she is the first character I've created, so I have a fondness for the druid class in general.

So yes...hi everyone :)

Ailinu
2014-01-04, 05:08 PM
Hello, all!
I've been lurking about for almost a year now, so I decided to finally join!
There's not much to say about me, so I suppose I'll leave it at that for now.

Hodorius
2014-01-05, 04:34 PM
Hello, another long time lurker/first time poster. Wanted to say "hello".

Aura
2014-01-05, 07:34 PM
Hello everyone! I was introduced to OOTS by my friend about three years ago and really like the comic. I have no idea how the username "Aura" was not already taken, but am happy and hope to have a good time using this site. :smallsmile:

Euan
2014-01-06, 11:20 AM
Hello my lovelies. Long time OOTS reader and lurker, thought I should finally do the right thing and make an account after these years of not doing so. No idea why I didn't to be honest. But here I am now :)

As a sidenote, the "new members say hello here" link up top goes to the few iterations ago thread, in case someone wants to update it.

Akavasha
2014-01-06, 11:53 AM
Hello. I'm Akavasha. For the past ten years I've been playing over at the WotC Real Adventures site. I play 3.5ed and 4ed D&D. I was taking a few months off and returned to discover another major Forum change. This time it wasn't for the best and there are only about a dozen of us remaining. A friend over there recommended this place and I've come to snoop around. This place looks great and I'm excited to poke my nose in a game or two and see how things are run around here.

Archetype EMIYA
2014-01-07, 07:33 AM
Hello. I came here because I heard that this place was a really good place to ask questions. I'm also a roleplayer.

I've been following OotS since 2007, I think.

I'm a little physically sick right now and I'm on medication at the moment so I won't post anything else for now as I may come to regret it.

Edmure Wytehall
2014-01-07, 08:16 AM
Hello (Hail, well met, konichiwa, wes thu hal, etc),

I'm Edmure, finally making an account here after ages of reading OOTS and avoiding the forums like a plague because I apparently have a serious allergic reaction to nerdgasms that has only recently been cured through a combination of D&D, GoT, fantasy literature and alcoholic binges fueled by ale with fantasy brand names.

In any case, I'm a short time D&D player (3.5) currently running my own campaign for my University buddies. I've been obsessed with all things Fantasy since childhood and never grew out of a lot of it.
I've peeked into the forums, like a courtesan peering over her silken fan from afar, several times and wondered why I never joined as you all seem very nice <insert a "Detect Evil" here>, and I'm hoping to just revel in the company of people who share my obsessions...(without actually having to encounter any of you, because physical human contact reviles me as much as the touch on an undead reviles a paladin).
C:

Yarrik
2014-01-07, 06:47 PM
Hello, Well Met, all that jazz.

Name's Yarrik over here, though it might be really something else! WHO KNOWS! :D

So, yeah, figured I'd just jump into the forums and see what was up. Figured I'd say hi.

I love me my video games, currently playing League of Legends a whole bunch. Occassionally Magic the Gathering on LackeyCCG, and other sorts of internet webbyness.

Also love my Tabletop stuff. Too bad my Timezone, GMT+3, doesn't allow for ease of play.

Duck999
2014-01-07, 08:26 PM
Hello and Welcome new members.
Welcome Theeyesofsyn (sinister name), Ailinu (Good idea-joining and all that), Hodorius (and hello must be in "", "hello" to you to), Aura (good thing you listened to your friend, huh), Euan (good catch-never noticed that), Akavasha (this place is great), Archetype EMIYA (it is a wonderful place to ask questions... the people are nice), Edmure Wytehall (that detect evil won't work-we have a lead sheet... but we are nice), Yarrik (I figure I will say hi too... hi)

Welcome again and have some cookies.

thud
2014-01-07, 11:33 PM
Hi there,

new here, decided to finally register after reading through Order of the Stick via Archive Binge and a similar experience with the D&D Demotivators threads. Time to stop lurking.

Found my way here after something stoked a craving for D&D again after a very long hiatus (I last played in '94 - 2nd Edition). Not sure if the craving came before or after re-watching The Hobbit for the nth time or if it was from a separate TVtropes Archive Binge. (My memory is on the decline due to age, and it wasn't that good in the first place.)

Despite the cravings, all my RPG buddies haved moved away or lost contact, and my wife and I find ourselves trying to get acquainted with the 3.5 rules. (Her last D&D game was somewhere in the mid-80's with 1st edition, maybe even Basic).

It will probably be a dead end since I'm on the road for sometimes over a month at a time, and we don't know many other folks locally who'd have time or interest for a game. It also doesn't help that I have no experience as a DM, so I'm not even sure how I'd go about setting up a game for just the two of us.

Any suggestions are welcome.

CoGDork
2014-01-09, 04:01 AM
Hello everybody!

I had heard of this site--and OOTS--a long time ago, but it wasn't until about three days ago that I actually started to read it (I started with the first and reached the latest comic yesterday afternoon). I was also intrigued by the troper-filled forum I had heard of--I've never posted in the TVTropes forum, but I am a former recovering massive TVTropes addict.

I normally hang out on another forum--out of respect for this community and to avoid being a shill, I won't say what it is--but I doubt my friends there will take offense to me having friends here as well. I hope to have fun with all of you soon!

P.S. I'm a History major with particular expertise in ancient Rome, so if you ever want me to drone on and on about how awesome the Scipios were or quote Cicero with an appropriate undercurrent of "insufferable genius", don't be afraid to ask me. If you value your sanity or ears, however, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T GET ME STARTED! :smalleek:

Arrayas
2014-01-09, 05:18 AM
*lands with ground-shattering force*

Hello there,

Arrayas here. You can call me Arro, Arrmageddon, Arra or even Rayas.

I am an RPer, a PBP Gamer, a writer, an artist(both graphic and sketch-based). I've been Rping for 3 years now and gaming for 5. I've hosted more games than I've joined, I know crazy, right?

Hope to have fun here. Cheers...!

*lifts off and disappears into the sky*

Magatsu Izanagi
2014-01-09, 03:07 PM
I suppose this'd be more of a "welcome back" for me, as you can see by my join date. Long story short, stuff happened, and I lost contact with the board. I was already starting to grow disenchanted with the board when I got cut off, and while I was able to make a few sporadic visits after getting my issues resolved, I simply didn't have it in me at the time to actually return to the community. I think I'm good now, though I probably won't be doing play-by-posts anytime soon.

Anyway, welcome to all the new recruits. Hopefully, you'll all stick around, have fun, and contribute great things.

Killer Angel
2014-01-10, 06:57 AM
Welcome back, Magatsu! Prodigal sons are rather numerous, lately... :smallsmile:

Treme
2014-01-10, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone :smallsmile:

Have lurked and barely posted on the 3.5 forum for a year or so now and suddenly realised I never said hi! This place has in recent weeks become my most visited website, the amount of knowledge and genuinely nice people here is amazing.

All give yourselves a big pat on the back!

Akavasha
2014-01-10, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! I have to admit, I wandered into the Comic section and discovered there is a massive spell on the place that keeps time moving very slowly in there and very quickly out here. I have yet to go poke around in the games. I am going to have to sit down and read them all in order to release the spell and escape into the games. :smalltongue:

Thud, your wife reminds me of myself. I played D&D in the early to mid 80's, but then life happened and I wasn't able to get back into it until about 11 years ago. The great thing about PbP (Play by Post) is that it gives you plenty of time to look up various rules and really read over your character sheet to make the best moves for the game. I see you are often on the road. When you are traveling, do you have a chance to get on the internet? Many hotels/motels have free Wi-Fi and you can buy a monthly subscription the get Wi-Fi at the various truck stops, which is what the truckers do so they can play on the Internet during their down time. If so and you have the ability, you could easily play D&D on a daily or weekly basis. Just a thought.

thud
2014-01-11, 02:43 AM
Thud, your wife reminds me of myself. I played D&D in the early to mid 80's, but then life happened and I wasn't able to get back into it until about 11 years ago. The great thing about PbP (Play by Post) is that it gives you plenty of time to look up various rules and really read over your character sheet to make the best moves for the game. I see you are often on the road. When you are traveling, do you have a chance to get on the internet? Many hotels/motels have free Wi-Fi and you can buy a monthly subscription the get Wi-Fi at the various truck stops, which is what the truckers do so they can play on the Internet during their down time. If so and you have the ability, you could easily play D&D on a daily or weekly basis. Just a thought.

That's an option, depends on the exhaustion factor during off-hours. I tend to avoid motels that don't have wi-fi, (keeps me from having to roll SAN checks too often :smallbiggrin:) so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'd really like to try Eberron settings, so I'm still learning about that. Just got the hardcopy 3.5 PHB in the mail today, so we're working on her PC. I used Pathguy's generator for mine, we're doing hers old-school; PHB, dice, pencil, notebook. Thanks for the tip, I will definitely look into PbP.

Indori
2014-01-11, 04:34 PM
Hi all,

I started reading OotS back in 200...9? I fell off the wagon for a while, but just got caught up over the holiday break (Happy New Year by the way). Normally I'd be happy to just lurk around without an account, but I'm thinking about dropping into a PbP game if I can.

Looking forward to playing with you guys!

Akavasha
2014-01-11, 09:16 PM
I'd really like to try Eberron settings, so I'm still learning about that. Just got the hardcopy 3.5 PHB in the mail today, so we're working on her PC. I used Pathguy's generator for mine, we're doing hers old-school; PHB, dice, pencil, notebook. Thanks for the tip, I will definitely look into PbP.I love Eberron!! It is my favorite world setting and is so much fun. The great part is that the books for it are now super cheap since they've put out 4ed and now the 5ed. :smallcool:

thud
2014-01-12, 01:32 AM
I love Eberron!! It is my favorite world setting and is so much fun. The great part is that the books for it are now super cheap since they've put out 4ed and now the 5ed. :smallcool:

I'm slowly gathering hardcopies of the 3.5 books. It'll be months before I'm ready to DM my own Eberron campaign, but I hope it's as fun as it looks in the source material.

Arxas
2014-01-12, 09:07 AM
'Sup playgrounders. Lurked here a while and eventually decided to create myself an acc here. My PnP group decided to put me in charge as their GM. I hope to find inspiration, feedback and whatever else is needed to becoming a good GM.

Lothiangamer
2014-01-12, 05:27 PM
Finally got round to joining a forum I have spent a wee bit of time looking around , hope to chat and have a wee bit of input to the goings on in the playground. No gossip though, well go on then what's the gossip. :smallsmile:

Stagsley
2014-01-13, 08:36 PM
Hello Giant in the Playground!

Killer Angel
2014-01-14, 07:09 AM
A welcome HUG to all of you newcomers!
Enjoy your stay. :smallsmile:

Humastic
2014-01-14, 10:03 PM
Hello to all in the playground.

I searched "D&D stories" and came upon this site. I have checked out a few things and this place looks fun.
I'm a little lost on most of the games being played, I haven't RPd in many many years (think A D&D). I am looking forward to learning new games and rules, maybe getting involved in a PbP once I am up to speed.
I maybe an old schooler but I feel like a noob.
Thanks for having me here.

abramcf
2014-01-14, 11:25 PM
Hi all,

I'm Abram, a 37-year-old software developer. Even though I've been playing D&D forever, I just discovered the Order of the Stick a couple months ago. And I am really glad I did. :)

TuggyNE
2014-01-15, 03:30 AM
Welcome, Humastic and abramcf!

There's a fair few of us devs in the Playground, so you should fit right in. :smallwink:

Oriau
2014-01-15, 05:06 AM
Hello good internet people, I stumbled upon this forum while researching for a Pathfinder game and found it Very useful, I hope I manage to become a contributing member and look forward to discovering all the hidden gems you have to offer.

rredmond
2014-01-15, 01:52 PM
Wow, a whole slew of folks!!

Welcome, welcome to Fantasy Island! ;)

Be well everyone and enjoy,
--Ron--

banana-for-ever
2014-01-16, 12:40 PM
So I got through the comics like three times and only just found out there was a forum! Seems like a nice place to hang out with other people who like table games, and full of advice too, so here I am! I hope I'll see as much friendly people here as there are unfriendly ones in the comics! :smallsmile:

Savannah
2014-01-16, 02:00 PM
Hey, banana-for-ever! Welcome to the Playground :smallbiggrin:

Don't feel bad, I read the comic for about a year before I realized there was a forum :smallwink:

Kuroten
2014-01-16, 03:54 PM
I never know what to say in these kind of posts so let's see if this works out well for me...:smalltongue:

http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/onion/059.gif
I'm a long time reader of the OOTS comic and has been lurking on the forum now and then, too, I finally decided to register on the forum on a whim tonight because I felt like it and you guys seem like a nice bunch of people. ^^

A bit about myself, hmm...well I enjoy roleplaying, reading too is high on my list, and I am a hobby photographer - I like to take pictures of the nature in all of it's beauty.
My favourite genre in books is fantasy, mystery, and sci-fi.

I think that's all I have to say at the moment, other than nice to meet ya'll!
http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/onion/967339c1.gif

Madhava
2014-01-16, 08:04 PM
Dear internets,

Hello, guten Tag, chào các bạn. Long time OOTS-reader & forum-lurker here. Just finally registered. Currently playing a 3.5 tabletop game. I love you all.

Goodnight & thank you,
Luke.

1whoscribbled
2014-01-16, 08:49 PM
Hi, Hello, How are you:smallsmile:

KOedBarbarian
2014-01-17, 12:54 PM
Hey all!

New to the forums, but I've been following OoTS for the last few months. I've been playing RPGs for a while; I'm currently in the middle of playing two pathfinder games at the moment, one of which involves my name-sake. Looking forward to getting to know you all better and swapping some stories!

Auron3991
2014-01-18, 12:34 AM
Hello

I've finally decided to join the discussions rather than simply being a lurker

Sinistas
2014-01-18, 07:07 PM
Hey everybody, I'm Scott. Been playing D&D of some sort since middle school (...92? 93?), got away from it for awhile, got pulled back in a few years ago, now playing Pathfinder. Whew. Anyways, found the site from doing a lot of character build research. Great stuff!

That's about it, I suppose!

-Scott

rredmond
2014-01-18, 07:28 PM
Welcome Scott!

Dreaded Silence (or the little but you have on YouTube) sounds really good!
Be well,
--Ron--

Sinistas
2014-01-18, 07:42 PM
Welcome Scott!

Dreaded Silence (or the little but you have on YouTube) sounds really good!
Be well,
--Ron--

Thanks Ron! We've been at it quite a while, so any positive feedback is great!

VBoheme
2014-01-18, 08:44 PM
Well hello giants, wandering the playground :P

Been playing DnD off and on since...early 2000s or so? Last was a Pathfinder group with my old boss. I love being a writer... Anywho. About to get a group going, low-budget style with Microlite and FATE.

I also love stick figures.

LarwisTheElf
2014-01-20, 12:15 AM
Hello GitP forums!

Killer Angel
2014-01-20, 01:40 AM
A welcome HUG to our new playgrounders, VBoheme and LarwisTheElf.

Enjoy your stay! :smallsmile:

Chiropica
2014-01-20, 08:11 AM
Hello wanderers of the playground, I'm some guy from Belgium.

I'm a big fan of Exalted and only started reading this webcomic after Keychain of Creation. I've been a storyteller for various campaigns with friends although I'm now awaiting the much-fixed Third Edition.

That's about all I can think off as an introduction!

Duck999
2014-01-20, 11:09 AM
Hello and welcome some guy from Belgium (Chiropica). Your introduction is plenty good. Hope you enjoy the forums!

YossarianLives
2014-01-21, 12:22 AM
Hi everyone i just thought i might say hello.

I've been on the forum every since i started reading oots and recently I've been
reading posts on the forum. However i haven't made a account until now.

Thanks for reading!

Vagrant Dog
2014-01-21, 01:34 AM
Greetings from the (relatively) Far North! Long time reader, first time poster here. My particular flavor runs toward World Building, I like short walks on the beach, and I've always wanted to have a pony named Lancelot.

Additional ultra-personal information as events warrant.

YossarianLives
2014-01-21, 01:40 AM
Hello everyone!

I have been on the site for around a year mostly reading oots and the occasion thread. However I made a account a few days ago after reading more of the threads posted here. I have been avid player of Dnd 3.5 for about three years now and I am glad to have found a site full of friendly intelligent people.

arcane_asp
2014-01-21, 01:57 PM
Hi to all - I appear to have wandered into playground of like minded people, hurrah :smallbiggrin:
Good to be here!

Duck999
2014-01-21, 05:29 PM
Hello all. Welcome Vagrant Dog, I have never before met someone who wanted a pony named Lancelot. Welcome Masterkerfuffle... you are thinking exactly what we are wanting you to think... that we are intellige... I mean kind. Welcome arcane_asp we all share a mind, we are like minded.

Askel
2014-01-22, 03:33 PM
Hello everyone!

I've been around this site for years, reading the comics, but I'm only now getting around to making myself an active forum-guy. Hoping to try out some of those delightful looking pbps...

I look forward to virtually socially interacting with people!

Sparklepaws
2014-01-22, 05:33 PM
Greetings, friends!

My name is Sparklepaws, and I'm your average d20 gamer (minus the years of experience). Of course, I could go into more detail about myself but that might prove to be cumbersome to read and I'm a very non-cumbersome kind of guy.

To get straight to the point, I've actually been watching you all for a very long time now. Even before my recent induction into the forums, I was reading your advice and gaming by your suggestions. Truly, Giant in the Playground has been a valuable source of information for me in the past, present and definitely future.

I have decided that it's high-time I shove myself into the community, both for my own personal gain and hopefully to give back. Since I often DM for others, I find myself asking many difficult questions with no direct answers from our fair-lady Google. I seek to remedy this by prowling the d20 boards on GitP, raking up what little informational meat I'm able to scavenge.

So yes, I'm here now. Roll me a dice, I'll be back for breakfast.

bladequeen420
2014-01-22, 10:50 PM
Sup doodz names bladequeen420 i'm a pre everything bisexual mtf tomboy with a girly streak and i have aspergers

Duck999
2014-01-23, 04:11 PM
Hello Askel, Sparkle paws, and bladequeen420! Bladequeen-You might enjoy visiting LGBTAitp. It is in friendly banter.

Welcome!

myrnym
2014-01-23, 05:02 PM
Hihihi!

Long time lurker, first time member. :3

Meth In a Mine
2014-01-23, 11:14 PM
Sup all
I like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. I also enjoy Pathfinder, 3.5 D&D, I abhor D&D 4e, and my favorite sport is wrestling. I have difficulty socializing so if I come across as belligerant, rude, threatening, etc. it's probably because I rarely come out of my proverbial social "shell".
I'm not gonna waste any more of everyone's time (slap me for wasting your time with this post now please)

bladequeen420
2014-01-24, 09:04 AM
Sup all
I like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. I also enjoy Pathfinder, 3.5 D&D, I abhor D&D 4e, and my favorite sport is wrestling. I have difficulty socializing so if I come across as belligerant, rude, threatening, etc. it's probably because I rarely come out of my proverbial social "shell".
I'm not gonna waste any more of everyone's time (slap me for wasting your time with this post now please)

Awesome i too hate 4e

Atmo
2014-01-24, 02:58 PM
Hi. Fan of cool systems (OVA, Wayfarer/Microlite20, 3D&T), anime, and a ton of other things i can't say here.

Hate 4e, FATE gives me ZZZZ and GURPS is okay (even never played before).

Slayerofundead
2014-01-24, 04:32 PM
Hello all have been reading the fourm of an on to help me get ideas. I'm some what new to the game. A few months back I bought 4E Core rule book collection. I have yet to play the an I have only one other player I can count on to play. I've been doing some work building an are to start a campaign.

I got a taste of D&D when I was in basic h back in 06. No we were not allowed to play games but on Sundays we had some down time when the church goers would go to church. One of they guys smuggled in some charecter info sheets we made some dice out of card bored so we could had it easy an some times we used coins. It might not have been by the book but that's what we had an we had a lot of fun.

Petal_Reader
2014-01-25, 01:49 AM
Hi, everybody. I'm doing the new person introduction thing! *waves*

D&D was my gateway game, like I expect is so for many people. Anyone here a True20 or M&M fan?

Atmo
2014-01-25, 12:51 PM
Hi, everybody. I'm doing the new person introduction thing! *waves*

D&D was my gateway game, like I expect is so for many people. Anyone here a True20 or M&M fan?

I have a relative experience with both.

Adamastos
2014-01-25, 07:56 PM
Well, it certainly was a fun journey of following all the new Welcome threads from whichever one it sent me to in that link up top! (I think the ... sixth? Yes, the sixth.)

Anyway, I've been lurking for something near 7 or so years now? A friend of mine introduced me to the comics back before ol' 100 when we were wee lads, and he always ripped story ideas from all the little tidbits written in the gaming section.

It is only now I decided I'd poke my head in and see what the fuss is about (plus my lurking tuned me in to a pbp thread that I am incredibly interested in!)

So ... hello!

Eidalam
2014-01-27, 12:20 AM
Hiya, I've been looking around the forum a bit and decided to join! Started out with 4e back in high school when we had a Tabletop club, before joining a smaller more personal group of friends with 3.5.

Took a break, due to school, and now looking to get back into it.

NeroGrimm
2014-01-28, 09:06 AM
Hello. I'm fairly new to this site, but I've been an avid player of D20 games for a few years now. Started with 3.5, played a bit of Talislanta with some friends, and a little bit of Masquerade. I switched to 4e when it came out for a while, but then went back to 3.5. I'm just an overall big fan of games in general, but I like that D20 games make me think about what I'll do, rather than have me grind mobs in a certain area to level and blast a boss into space.

InvaderX
2014-01-28, 05:51 PM
Hi! I just registered. Looking forward to being part of this forum.

squab
2014-01-29, 02:58 AM
Hi all! New to this forum but I've read OotS for a while and a buddy I game with has mentioned this forum on occasions.

Although I've been playing pathfinder/3.5 for a while, I'm only now starting to get really into it - my own books and everything! Yay! -cough-

Erm anyways hi people. Please don't bite :redface:

:roach:

Nonayer
2014-01-29, 06:19 AM
After years of lurking, I have finally decided to register an account and post something... Well okay maybe it's only been a few weeks.

Hello! I've been thinking of trying out some forum based D&D and some of the other random silliness so here I am.

Salbade
2014-01-29, 08:04 AM
Figured I might as well make an account as well, since I'm on here so often checking things. Hello!

Ruelle
2014-01-29, 04:29 PM
*shimmies awkwardly into the room*

Yes hello! I've been a fan of one of the stories here, Gathering of Mists, 'n I thought it was about time to make an account since I've been exploring more and more of the site. I'm excited to check this place out. ^u^

MemLCol TBOT
2014-01-29, 06:27 PM
Hello, My name is Memlcol and I am a half-orc who has a ranger class.

I look forward to talking to you all more in many ways.. and perhaps murdering a few of you in the name of the Raven Queen

VAST
2014-01-30, 10:30 AM
Howdy Howdy Howdy...

I am a long time reader of OOTS. I actually had an account on here last year, but for the life of me I can't remember what email I used... lol

Anyways, I am excited to become part of the community again! I am also excited to get caught up with OOTS... I think I a have bit of reading to do....

Hugh_fromrome
2014-01-31, 08:34 AM
Helle Everyone, i am new in the forum, as my nickname say, i am Italian , so i join this forum to enjoy OOTS comics, and i want to start a campaign as a Master (d&d 3.5 Eberron Ambient , which is my favourite), please be gentle with my english Horror ( grammatical Error )

Greetings FromRome XD :smallwink:

Mirajh
2014-02-01, 03:47 PM
Well hello people!

Been reading the comics for years but never though to get in the forums! So, here I am!

Comic Strip Cri
2014-02-02, 01:00 PM
Hello, everyone. Long time reader (since about 2008), first time poster. I've loved OotS so much that I dedicated an episode of my show to it. Would it be in poor taste if I shared it around the forums?

rredmond
2014-02-02, 01:32 PM
Wow!!
Welcome to all the new peeps!!

Enjoy,
--Ron--

FallenFallcrest
2014-02-02, 05:21 PM
I have been a huge fan of the Order of the Stick for close to a year. I quickly read through all of the stories after being directed to Vaarsuvius' accent to power by TVtropes. I recently got into DnD and Google kept directing me here time and time again for all of my questions, and I thank you for all your advice. My first session was last Sunday and I am really happy with the way it is going. I decided to join these fine forums to learn more about storytelling and the rich fantasy worlds that are being created. Hope to see each and every one of you around at some point.

coattails
2014-02-02, 08:33 PM
Good eventide!

I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I've always wanted to use that phrase. I've been reading this comic on and off for the last few years, but I just recently joined the forums once I learned that there was a play-by-post community. My job teaching overseas in Korea has made gaming online with my group back in the states pretty difficult.

wolfmoon42
2014-02-02, 09:45 PM
Hi people!:elan:

TuggyNE
2014-02-03, 12:48 AM
Welcome everyone!

Good eventide!

I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I've always wanted to use that phrase.

It's an archaic way to say "good evening", like yuletide means "Christmas season". :smallsmile:

fremar02
2014-02-03, 11:01 AM
Hello, new member reporting in.

Mithril Rhino
2014-02-03, 12:55 PM
Good Afternoon from Spain, fellow inhabitants of the Playground.
It's been almost 3 years reading the comic, and more or less the same time digging in the forums for handbooks and ideas for DnD, so i'm glad to finally join the community.
I hope it's as great as i've seen from the outside before!:smallbiggrin:

coattails
2014-02-03, 08:13 PM
It's an archaic way to say "good evening", like yuletide means "Christmas season". :smallsmile:

Interesting. Hah, thanks for the heads up.

A good eventide to you.

Shiki-pon
2014-02-04, 10:09 AM
Hello, everyone. I'm a long time reader, and mainly play Pathfinder (started a bit more than a year ago), usually as a GM.
I have been thinking of expanding to other systems as well, with the goal of finding something free of the arms race that is powergaming (not that it bothers me too much).

WillPhillips
2014-02-04, 07:16 PM
Another new guy here.

Been playing tabletop RPGs since I was in junior high, and here I am now at the ripe old age of almost thirty-one (ouch, that pains me to write).

Lurked the RPG forums here for a long time, and now I've taken the step to actually post something.

Eachuinn
2014-02-04, 11:47 PM
New guy reporting in!

I've read Order of the Stick for a while now and I figured this would be a decent forum for discussing D&D and similar Tabletop RPGs.

Blake Sarno
2014-02-06, 06:29 AM
Hello all members and moderator.
I am newbie on this discussion community. I think when you discus your thoughts with others your learn better.

rredmond
2014-02-06, 09:59 AM
Hello to all newly reporting members!
:)

Welcome one and all!

--Ron--

TheOldCrow
2014-02-06, 10:50 AM
Hi All. I recently discovered OotS (though I've heard friends talk about it for years. I found a OotS book at their house while at a game night a few months ago, so now I know what I'd been missing!). This forum looks like a cool place.

DMSabre
2014-02-06, 11:04 AM
Hail and well-met!

Been reading OOTS for a while now and finally decided to jump into the forum.

I'm a DM at heart and enjoy telling stories with the players in which the players share in the development and direction of the campaign, adventure, event, etc...

Looking forward to taking-part in some of the discussions.

S. Anwich
2014-02-07, 04:45 PM
Hello, people.
I'm happy that everyone's friendly here!
...though that maybe just because this is the friendly banter section :mitd:

rusty2667
2014-02-07, 06:17 PM
HI!

The name says it all. Been away from RPGs for a couple years and I haven't DM'ed in about four years.

Now I'm DMing a 4e campaign with a party of 6 PCs composed of family and friends. We meet about once a month.

I'm hoping to steal each and every idea from the interwebs and claim it as my own. Then I can glory in the praises of brilliance from my players. :smallbiggrin:

Cypher5
2014-02-07, 06:36 PM
Hello, Long time reader deciding to de-lurk for awhile, nice to meet you all.

Killer Angel
2014-02-08, 06:12 AM
Hello, new members!
A welcome hug to TheOldCrow, DMSabre, S. Anwich, and...

Hello, Long time reader deciding to de-lurk for awhile, nice to meet you all.

for "awhile"?!? do you mean that you could return into darkness? Young fool, you're gonna stay with us, for longer than you think... muhahahahah! (hug stronger)

S@tanicoaldo
2014-02-08, 02:31 PM
Hello.

I'm a huge fan of the Order of the Stick and fantasy webcomcis in general. But something about this comic is just more epic.

I started to play RPG because of my boyfriend and because i'm a huge fan of H.P Lovecraft works. After our first CoC game I got addicted to it and soon started to play D&D and pathfinder.

This forum seems to be the The largest and more friendly concentration of people willing to talk about rpg, share ideas about rpg and help rpg players in the entire internet so I decided to join.

But I'm kind of a noob. For example I have no idea how to change my avatar. But anyway I hope to be useful and contribute to all you guys and I also will ask for many tips.

Psyga315
2014-02-08, 04:58 PM
Hey guys. I've heard of this site for a while and I've essentially decided to join just for the sake of joining. :smallbiggrin:

Bulpski
2014-02-08, 05:57 PM
Hello hello, long time reader, finally a forum member.

Sir Pippin Boyd
2014-02-08, 07:46 PM
Greetings, all. I'm a regular 3.5 player who has lurked the forums for many years, and even run campaigns that revolve around some of the homebrew and variants here (Big fan of the Tippyverse concept and Gnorman's E6 materials). After lurking and using forum content for what seems like an age, I've decided to finally join the community proper so I can help give back to the community thats unknowingly been giving me world building, character optimization, and other gaming advice for years now.

Max™
2014-02-09, 04:35 AM
Hello folks, I thought I signed up some time back, but apparently I was mistaken.

Decided I'd go ahead and get an account set up in case I get the urge to chime in at some point rather than lurk around like I have been.

Duck999
2014-02-09, 08:51 AM
Hello and welcome new members: S@, psyga, Bul, Sir Pippin, and Max, which I am fairly certain you cannot trademark.

rebekkahm
2014-02-09, 11:11 AM
Hi Everyone! I'm a long time reader but first time poster. My favourite character is V :) Finally joined the forums because I was looking for the answer to a question about Celia and can't find the search forums button. Still can't find it... beginning to wonder if it exists!

rredmond
2014-02-09, 02:34 PM
Wow another blast of new members (or new members and beenaroundawhile lurkers).

But welcome all!
--Ron--