PDA

View Full Version : Sounds of Tomorrow (Magical Burst, IC)

PalusAbel
2013-11-04, 04:20 PM
This is the in-character thread of the game between myself as GM, The_Admiral, Lentrax, jamieth, Musashi, and Magatsu Izanagi.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
Magical Burst

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
We will be using the normal rules as laid out in the text. The story is set in the modern Western world.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
Five. Alternates are welcome.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
OOTS.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
Characters begin the story fresh out of character creation.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Not applicable.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
Not applicable.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
Not applicable.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
Attributes are determined as described in the character creation section. Dice will not be rolled for attributes.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
There is not a strict alignment system in place for Magical Burst, but I would rather the player characters not be moral monsters.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Not applicable.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
There will be a separate die-rolling thread. Players will include links to pertinent rolls in their posts.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
There are none at the moment, but some may appear later.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
I won't lay out a specific number of sentences or paragraphs or anything like that. Write as much as you think you need to in order for your character to shine through. I would prefer that the backgrounds describe the five player characters meeting up in the recent past. How exactly that occurs needs to be discussed.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
A combination of the above, though the greatest focus is on roleplaying.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
Players are to use Magical Burst v3. Homebrew will be considered.

Name: Sarah Young
Reason for becoming a magical girl: I’d rather go down fighting.
Wish: NA She became a magical girl to fight, the wish is just a nice bonus to not dying without one. Though she would wish for all the youma in the world to just disappear forever.
Element: Rock (The music genre)
Power: Transit Timing
Effects: The Wasserman Effect (Regeneration), Sweet Riffs (Magic Strike)
Finishing Attack: Rocking Out (Barrage Attack)
Weapon: Electric Guitar
Crisis: She's hopelessly attracted to Linda Newman, the band's keyboardist, and she has absolutely no idea why. She's got it under control for now, but she's not sure if she even wants to stop it.

Age 17

Aggro 5
Cool 3
Sharp 6
Social 7

Magic 4
Heart 8
Fury 6

Sarah was an ordinary kid, she had a B- GPA, was in a band and was doing okay. The most major part of her life however was music, specifically the guitar, she could riff with the best and she still can. This ordinary life changed with the appearance of the Youma.

She first ran into these creatures on the way back from band practice, she shrugged it off as her imagination. However, they started making more frequent appearances until she could not ignore them. Gathering up her courage she began investigating them.

Things took a turn for the worse as she ran into one of the creatures and all she could do was run. Fortunately, or unfortunately she ran into a strangely dressed twin of herself who offered her a choice, become a magical girl, fight and live, or reject the offer and die. She chose to fight and came out swinging, figuratively.

Appearance: In her normal form she generally wears jeans and a random assortment of T-Shirts. She has short red hair and green eyes.

As a Magical Girl, her costume consists of a pair of short black legging, a short skirt and a midriff baring top with a red an white motif, dominantly red. A pair of finger-less gloves cover her hands, and large boots her feet.

Relationships:
Heart Relationship with The Band
Heart Relationship with Kevin Collins, "dude, Batman beats Superman, hands down."
Magic relationship with Erika, "I was handling myself perfectly fine."
Magic relationship with Ellen, "This is awesome, we're superheroes and this is like one of those team up comics!"
Heart relationship with Lisa, "Must act normal,"

Name: Erika Larsen
Girl type: Girl Band Vocalist
Reason for becoming a magical girl: I can't let my friend fight alone.
Wish: I wish I can be strong enough to defend those I love.
Element: water
Power: Flight
Effects: Waters of Life (Regeneration), Water Celebration(Magic Strike)
Finishing Attack: Neptune's Trident (Precise Attack)
Weapon: Magic Staff

Age 17
Aggro 3
Cool 7
Sharp 5
Social 6

Magic 6
Heart 8
Fury 4

Relationships:
Heart -> Mia Dremma, Girlfriend and confidant.
Heart-> Magical Grrls. :smalltongue:
Magic-> Sarah.

Backstory:
Erika was just an ordinary girl.

Well, maybe not that ordinary. She is, after all, the singer in a rock band. A classically trained singer, Erika sang in her first opera at twelve years old. As she grew older, she performed in many other productions and musicals. The girl America saw onstage was perfect. A perfect girl, with a perfect life.

High school saw her soar to her height of popularity. People wanted to know her, girls wanted to be her. And Erika smiled for all of them.

The girl at home, was far from perfect. Her parents fought, her father drank, and eventually her family was torn apart. Erika, disillusioned to the world around her, found a group of girls that would let her sing her angst out to the world.

Forming a rock band with her new friends, Erika fought back against everything that had gone wrong with her life. She yelled and screamed and sang her soul out to the world. She sang of being broken and beaten, of being downtrodden and used. And her popularity grew. And for a while, life got good again. Maybe even normal.

But then even that went out the window when Sarah flew through the back wall of the venue they were playing at. She wouldn't get up. Erika didn't know what to do. Then it appeared. It looked just like her, except in the eyes, which looked a very bright purple. She looked at herself, cocked her head and smiled.

<You can save her, you know. Just make a contract with me and become a magical girl!>

Since then, she has stood in front of her band, which she still adamantly tries to rename 'Magical Grrls' and fights demons to protect the ones she loves.

Linda Newman

Girl type: Neglected
Roots: If I make a wish I can fix everything that's gone wrong.
Wish: I wish everyone I killed were alive again.

Magical Element: Rainbows
Weapon: a keytar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keytar)
Magical Power: Force Field - You have the ability to general a nearly invisible wall of force that can serves as a barrier.

Magic 9
Heart 5
Fury 4

Cool 7
Smart 6
Aggro 5
Social 3

Magical effects:
Magic Shield ("Prismatic Wall")
Magic Strike ("Prismatic Volley")

Finishing attack: Binding attack ("Rainbow chains")

Backstory: Linda was a rather normal girl. Cheerful, friendly, moderately bright. Then, one day when she was 11, a weird fire happened in her home, killing Linda's mom and kid brother. For Linda and her father, it was a terrible shock; the man started drinking - and it got progressively worse, to the point where he is now rarely somber enough to acknowledge her existence - , and the girl refused tot talk for weeks after the accident... it was then when doctors tried to use music as a kind of therapy for her. And it worked, it seems - by now, even though Linda is still rather unsociable, she can at least talk with other band members more or less normally... as long as no one talks about the accident, at least.

Because, for her, it wasn't an accident. She knows exactly which chemicals reacted in the kitchen sink to start a fire, and who exactly stole said chemicals from the science class... and failed to clean them properly after an "experiment" the teacher specifically warned them against trying on their own.

So, she struggled through her life, hardly hoping for it to get better - nor believing she deserves it to - until the day it all went weird at the concert. There was the wall burst, and the rubble hit her on the head, sending the girl unconscious foe a moment... and when she came to her senses, what she saw was Sarah shooting some kind of... rays from her guitar, trying to hold a weird monster away, while Erika nearby was standing nexdt to a girl who looked exactly like Linda - except wearing a metallic-colored unitard with glowing lines of every color. The next moment, Erika... changed. And the Linda's twin approached her, and Linda felt the words forming right inside her mind, <Is there something you want? Something you want so much you would risk your life for it? You can have it, you know. Even if it is impossible, you can still have it. You just need to form a contract with me and become a Magical Girl>

Crisis: Linda's father is facing a Termination of parental rights hearing, on basis of neglect, and, while it might very well be deserved, Linda can't afford to end up in a foster care - that would certainly bring her carefully constructed semblance of normal life to an end, damaging her already frail mental health... not to mention, she kinda enjoys the additional freedom said "neglect" provides for her.

Relationships:
Heart: Band
Heart: Ron Newman
Heart: Sarah. Linda knows when someone is hiding her emotion, and she knows, by experience, that it usually leads to no good. So, seeing as Sarah acts around her, she has to do something to help.

Human Name: Ellen Wanebrook
Magical Girl Name: Mystic Girl Wonder Ellie
Girl Type: Outcast
Magical Girl Roots: No one's ever going to take advantage of me again.
Wish: I wish for demons to drag her down to hell.
Crisis: I found evidence that I died 10 years ago.
Costume: a punk dress, all in dark blue and sienna. There are long torn ribbons wrapped in her hair, and around her wrists.
Appearance: white-skinned, pale brown eyes, dirty blonde hair worn in a pixie cut. She's got big scars on her face and arms.

Magical Weapon: Ribbon
Magical Element: Earth
Magical Power: Nightmare

Magical Effects: Swift Action, Double Action
Finishing Attack: Barrage Attack, dubbed "Ley Lines".

Normal Attributes: Cool 7, Aggro 6, Sharp 5, Social 3.
Magic Attributes: Magic 8, Fury 7, Heart 3.
Resolve: 18/18

Background: when she was a little kid, Ellen was victim of a car accident. After several months and surgeries, she got to look human again, even with the scars that would never fade. However, she feared she would be rejected at school because of the scars. Fortunately, a couple friends stood by her side, and helped her regain the confidence she'd lost.

It went quite well until middle school. There, to her surprise and dismay, she started facing two different reactions, with very little in-between, both from adults and students: pity, or disgust.
One girl in particular, Kathleen, started tormenting her. It started in little ways, like pretending a boy she had a crush on would reciprocate her feelings. (The rejection that ensued was terribly awkward for all parties involved, and hilarious for Kat and her clique.)
Ellen complained about it to her teachers. Kat did not like it one bit, and turned especially nasty. Bizarre and cruel rumors were spread. Ellen found herself stuffed in her locker once or twice. When Ellen tried to appease things by applying make-up over her scars, she only got teased more. The few who appeared to help only did so in order to look good in public, but never took care of the actual problems.

But fortunately, a tsukaima appeared, and Ellen knows exactly what to wish for. Plus, she gets to fight monsters and be a hero. And people who are rescued tend to overlook the scars of their savior.

Personality: Ellen is a bitter girl who hates the pity or disgust she often gets, and so far, only the lack of strength prevented her to lash out at the offenders. Yet, when the rare person treats her no differently because of her appearance, she instead tends to cling to them without further question. She's very loyal and protective toward the few people she can call friends.
Ultimately, while she believes what happened to her was terrible, she doesn't want to change a single thing of her past, for her near-death experience gave her a valuable insight on pain, death and life.

Relationships:
Fury - Thomas (older brother)
Heart - Mary (childhood friend)
Magic - Sarah (yeah, superheroes!)
Magic - The Band (rock is awesome, mkay?)

Name: Cassandra Luna
Girl type: Former rock idol
Reason for becoming a magical girl: I've seen what youma can do. We need to stop them. / Those fools need me. They could get killed otherwise.
Crisis: Powerful youma have been killing or otherwise screwing with just about everyone I've cared about.
Wish: I wish all the youma in the world would just disappear forever.

Weapon: Dual batons
Element: Rage
Power: Telekinesis
Effects: Magic boost, swift action
Finishing attack: Powerful attack

Aggro 7
Cool 3
Skill 6
Social 5

Magic 6
Heart 4
Fury 8

Backstory:
Cassandra Luna's parents, Michael and Katherine Luna, had been up-and-coming rock musicians before their careers were abruptly ended under suspicious circumstances. When Cassandra was 6, Katherine died in a bizarre gardening accident that authorities were ultimately unable to solve. Several months later, Michael was found dead at an after-show party; the official cause of death was given as pulmonary aspiration of vomit, with his friends suspecting that he had actually choked on someone else's vomit. With both of her parents dead, Cassandra was then sent to live with her paternal grandmother, Francesca Luna.

Francesca encouraged Cassandra to take up music as a way to honor the memory of her parents. As a result of her grandmother's encouragement, Cassandra eventually mastered the piano, guitar, bass, drums, and violin and became a proficient vocalist. Elementary and middle school came and went without much incident; Cassandra was consistently noted to be an above-average student, though one of her art teachers in middle school bluntly remarked that she was "retarded artistically" and "idiotic in other respects."

Cassandra soon proved that naysayer wrong in her freshman year of high school, when she became the frontwoman for a burgeoning garage band. She and the band enjoyed a modest amount of local success throughout freshman and sophomore years, though it was ultimately not meant to last. During junior year, the band gradually tore itself apart due to academic pressures and irreconcilable differences in artistic vision. A simple explanation on the surface, but there were far more complex and insidious influences in play...

Throughout high school, Cassandra had begun to hear and see things, though she would not actually recognize those things as youma until much later. She initially dismissed them as simple manifestations of stress, and as she tried to get further ahead with her studies and her band, she likewise tried to push those manifestations into the back of her mind. However, the youma were not so easily ignored. In the leadup to the band finally folding, Cassandra had noticed that her bandmates were behaving very unusually, though at the time, she wasn't quite able to put her finger on why; it would only be in hindsight that she could recognize her former bandmates' behavior as symptomatic of a youma attack.

Fortunately for Cassandra, the hallucinations/youma manifestations largely stopped after the band broke up, and she was able to get through senior year without much incident. She has just finished her first year of college, and to celebrate this accomplishment, she decided to visit her old home town. After hearing that a new band was on the rise in town, she decided to catch one of their performances, though it was certainly not the kind of show she was expecting...

The drummer spontaneously combusting on stage and the back wall of the venue exploding should have been Cassandra's cues to run, but she stayed, transfixed by the spectacle unfolding in front of her. All of a sudden, she appeared before her, a perfect doppelganger clad in an ornate military uniform. The following words soon entered Cassandra's mind, where they would remain for some time: "This has happened before, and it will keep happening again unless you do something about it. Just make a contract with me and become a magical girl, and you can have the power to make this suffering all end."

Appearance: This picture (http://i.imgur.com/b5L0vE1.jpg) is a good approximation of Cassandra in civilian attire. Asian, fair complexion, black hair in twintails, gray eyes, semi-formal attire (blazer, collared blouse, pleated miniskirt, kneesocks, Mary Janes). People tend to remark that she's overdressed for most occasions.

Cassandra's magical girl attire, while certainly extravagant by civilian standards, is actually quite conservative by the standards of her profession. Her chosen uniform consists of a white long-sleeved collared blouse, black tie, Prussian blue double-breasted coat and pleated miniskirt with gold trim, black thigh-high stockings, black combat boots, and a blue kepi. Her batons are kept at her sides when not in use.

Relationships:
Magic - The current band
Heart - Francesca Luna
Heart - Cassandra's old band

PalusAbel
2013-11-05, 04:38 PM
With a final burst of sparks and sound, the concert comes to an end. The audience goes wild even as the lights fade to black. Outside the venue, the street is similarly ablaze with life. A limousine pulls up to convey the band back to their hotel to celebrate a job well done.

Lentrax
2013-11-06, 04:10 AM
Erika Larsen stands on the stage, Bass in hands, and strums out the rhythm to the final section of the encore for their show. As Sarah finishes her solo, Erika steps forward into the light once more, and the little wings attached to the back of her stage costume open up, spreading out to scatter the white lights shining down from above into rainbows of light across the stage and out to the audience.

She idly strums her guitar as she steps up to the mic and starts to sing the last verse of the song.

All those little dreams you have inside, just hold them dear in your heart,
For they paint the sky and stars.
Never lose your hope and you will find the joy to live and to love Evermore.

After the lights fade, and she leaves the stage to roaring cheers and applause Erika smiles for them and waves, her wings still spread.

She changes out of her stage costume, a loose billowy dress with wings, and dons a Japanese school uniform. Today she was wearing a uniform from Angel Beats! And emblazoned on the sleeve was a patch bearing the emblem of the SSS along with the credo: Rebels against the God. Seems kind of odd to her.

After all, she fought demons. So isn't that doing Gods work? Should she wear this costume again?

Its just a costume, silly.

Erika goes outside and waves to the crowd, she stops to sign things for them, mostly pictures, a couple of CDs, and a tshirt.

After she gets into the limo, the smile fades and a very different girl is sitting there, fiddling with her hat, waiting for the others.

The_Admiral
2013-11-06, 04:37 AM
As Erika leaves, Sarah unplugs her guitar from the frankly impressive sound system. Packing up her trusty Fender, she skips off the stage, happy as a lark soaking up the applause on the way, it was nice to be able to do what you enjoyed, it was even better to get applauded for it.

She changed out of her costume, a black devil costume with tiny bat wings into a t-shirt and pair of jeans. Waving to the crowd and signing a few items, she slides into the limo with her guitar.

Sliding up next to Erika, she grins like an idiot saying, Why are you so nervous? This was our best show yet!

Mono Vertigo
2013-11-06, 06:32 AM
Not on the stage, but in front, blissfully anonymous in the crowd, another girl leaves. She does not have a fancy costume like the band. She couldn't even sing or play an instrument if her life depended on it. But she nonetheless felt like that, now, she's a honorary member of the band. Before, they shared their love of music, forgetting their worries thanks to the world of rock, and now, they shared a lot more than that.
They were all superheroes, how great was that?

Here Ellen stands, among the fans, holding a CD to be signed. She grins knowingly. "I can't wait for your next album", she says to the next one to come signing, trying to make herself heard above the screams. Half a password of sort (unnecessary, for she is pretty recognizable by sight alone, but she likes to think that the scar is far less memorable than the craziness that happened that other night), half complete truth.

jamieth
2013-11-06, 06:54 AM
As the last chords go silent, Linda stays behind the synthesizer, still and silent, looking only at the white and black keys, until the hall goes completely dark. And she still stands there when the main light are turned on, finally looking up at the audience and waving to them, her face wearing no expression.
She still bears the same lack of expression as she walks to the limo, mechnically shaking hands, signing souvenirs... Her shtick of the "girl lacking emotions" wasn't that hard to maintain, frankly speaking - she liked to play music, preferably, together with the others. The audience was more or less a necessary evil.
Inside, however, she smiles sincerely, looking at the other members of the band, "I liked it too. It was fun!"

Magatsu Izanagi
2013-11-06, 11:41 AM
"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course."

Cassandra Luna certainly loved being a performer, but she had her time in the spotlight long ago. She could still handle herself admirably with other instruments, but for now, she was just content to stay in the background and bang on the drums while other people like Sarah and Erika stood front and center. Some would have called it a fall from grace, but again, she was perfectly fine with where she was. She just hoped she wouldn't end up like the previous drummer, though given her other line of work, spontaneously combusting on stage was certainly a possibility. Such were the risks of being a magical girl.

Once the set ended, Cassandra remained seated at her drum kit for several moments before rising to join the rest of her bandmates. While changing into her civilian clothes backstage, she took a moment to notice Erika's choice of attire. "I wanted to give that show a chance back when it first aired, but for some reason, I just couldn't," she thought to herself. "Oh well. Nice choice for cosplay, in any case. I wonder how good I'd look in that particular uniform..."

Cassandra's civilian clothes wouldn't have looked too out of place in a stereotypical anime high school, come to think of it. While she certainly adored the classic sailor fuku, she favored the Western-style plaid skirt and blazer ensemble for actual daily use. Once she was done straightening out everything, she followed the rest of the band out into the audience, stopping along the way to shake hands and sign stuff for the fans. During the procession, she stumbled upon Ellen, devoted groupie and member of their magical girl group. "Looking forward to releasing it soon!" Cassandra called back in response as she signed Ellen's CD. Half password, half honest truth.

Once Cassandra was done with the hand-shaking and the autograph signings, she followed the rest of the band into the limousine. "Haven't played a gig like that in ages," she remarked. "Man, that takes me back..."

Lentrax
2013-11-06, 11:56 AM
Why are you so nervous? This was our best show yet!

I don't know. Just not looking forward to going home I guess. Dad is back on the wagon, but well... Erika's voice trails off she remembers the last time her dad fell off the wagon. That was one of the worst times she remembered.

jamieth
2013-11-06, 03:08 PM
"Well, you can always sleep over at my place", Linda proposed half-jokingly, "at least it woudn't be so lonely... Come to think of it, let's throw a party, in honor of a great show! I wonder if Dad would get angry..." Linda smiled deviously.

PalusAbel
2013-11-06, 04:26 PM
The limousine driver pulls back the divider, revealing herself as the girls' tsukaima. It appears as a kind of twin to each of the girls; whether it has a "true" form is anyone's guess. "Yo! I hope you enjoyed you concert. I hate to break it to you, but your party is going to have to wait." She slams down the gas pedal, rocketing off into the night. The world outside the windows stretches as it flies by, and it is soon impossible to discern one object from another. In front of the limo, a point of light is visible in the distance. It is small at first, but grows as the tsukaima drives toward it. "You might want to hold on to something!"

With a sound like a large bubble breaking through the surface of a lake, the limousine leaps through space to land at a harbor at the edge of the city. "Everybody out! There's a youma materializing here." Sure enough, unnaturally dark and stormy clouds are gathering just beyond the pier. They crackle and sputter under the strain of an unseen burden.

Youma fight, start! The girls have the element of surprise - they may transform and take the first move. All players' dice rolls are to be done here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313059). Your post in that thread should also include which Attributes are being used for Attack, Defense, and Support.

Lentrax
2013-11-07, 09:51 AM
Erika looked like she was about to say something else, but stopped when the tsukaima announced the arrival of a youma. Instead she bit her lower lip, looked around, and her clothes seemed to run off of her like little rivers as she climbed out of the top of the limo through the sunroof. As they washed away, instead of pale flesh, a new set of clothes appeared beneath the old ones. It was strangely almost identical to the clothes she was wearing, another schoolgirl costume

The fact that this one was a pale blue, had a deep violet neckerchief, and was a lot more form fitting made little difference. As her costume changed, water startled rippling from her hand, dripping down to the ground. Instead of forming a puddle, however, the water began streaming upward until a column of water had formed in Erika's hand. The water rippled and shimmered and solidified into a translucent blue staff that was as tall as she was.

Mono Vertigo
2013-11-07, 10:42 AM
When you're supposed to be just a fan, jumping into a celebrity's limo is a big deal. Ellen had waited the right moment to do so unnoticed, but the damn vehicle had started moving at a ridiculously high speed before she could open her mouth.
A little dizzy, she stepped out once the car stopped. Fast cars still made her somewhat antsy, even when she was the passenger, but she ignored her unease easily. There was a monster to fight!
A stone pillar engulfed her, then broke into tiny pebbles after a moment, revealing, like a chrysalis, the changed girl inside: instead of a nondescript T-shirt and jeans, she had a dress and a whole lot of ribbons, several of which were more like whips than mere accessories.
She coughed. "... I was gonna say, thanks for the transport."

The_Admiral
2013-11-07, 08:00 PM
Sarah extends her arm, about to shake Linda on her shoulder, her grin slowly fading as she decides not to. As the Tsukaima told them of the Youma, she grabbed her guitar case.

Rolling out of the car, Sarah retrieved her trusty guitar from its case. Strapping it to herself, she gives it a strum as her body is coated with a shell of white light.

As the shell exploded, she strums her guitar again revealing herself in a red miniskirt with black leggings and a dominantly red, midriff baring top. Large boots on her feet instead of the sneakers she was wearing a few seconds ago and finger-less gloves on her hands. Her guitar was also much more elaborate, the design evoking the look of a thunderbolt.

She grins cockily as she says, "Lets get this over with quickly,"

jamieth
2013-11-08, 02:47 AM
Linda stepped out of the car a second after the rest, her shirt and jeans literally bursting away from her, revealing a skin-tight silvery grey overalls patterned with thin glowing lines of gold and blue. At the same time, the girl's hair turn blue - not just the blueish hue of black, but a real, vivid color which, according to Erika, was very fitting for her stage persona... whatever it meant.
Lшnda's Costume is basically "Rey Ayanami, TRON version, with just a touch of Miku Append thrown in", and Erika's comment is referring, of course, to Linda on stage acting similar to Nagato in Live Alive :-) though I'll edit it if Lenthrax decides it's not something Erika would say, of course :-)

Magatsu Izanagi
2013-11-08, 10:39 AM
Cassandra hadn't even left the limo yet before she underwent her own transformation sequence. Nothing too overly fancy for her, just a flash of light and a puff of dark smoke before she finally emerged from the vehicle a changed woman. Her civilian clothes had given way to a blue and gold marching band uniform, extravagant by civilian standards but very conservative by magical girl standards. Her weapons of choice, a pair of batons, dangled at her sides, though they didn't remain there for long as she unhooked them from her belt. Surprise was on their side, but would it be enough to neutralize the threat before it could react?

"I'll set the beat for this piece if you don't mind," Cassandra called out as she threw her batons up into the air. She held out her arms as the batons came back down, but instead of falling right into her hands, they halted just a couple inches above them. With the batons hovering above her outstretched hands, Cassandra flung her arms outwards in a wide sweeping motion; the batons then launched themselves forward at great speed in the direction of the youma, returning to Cassandra's hands several seconds after striking their target.

Attack challenge rolls here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16382429#post16382429); final result should be 19 after adding my Attack attribute.

PalusAbel
2013-11-08, 02:48 PM
The clouds rumbled in anticipation of the attack, and, with an explosion of sound, they surged out to meet the batons in the form of a massive hand, which seized the batons and crushed them into countless motes of light. The clenched fist remained where it was, as the body it was attached to had yet to fully form.

The youma successfully defended itself (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16383952&postcount=8) against Cassandra's attack.

Mono Vertigo
2013-11-08, 04:37 PM
Wonder Ellie had already been cheering for that first attack, it looked pretty powerful... but didn't seem to harm the monster any.
Welp. She stopped jumping in place. "Okay, huh, what's its deal?", she mutters, before clenching her head dramatically. Her ribbons lengthen and float in the air, toward the creature, like antennae sensing it.

Read An Enemy. Got 17 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16384591&postcount=9) + 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16384602&postcount=10) = 22.
I ask for its Vulnerability, its Resistance, and one of its special abilities.
Also taking 1 Magic Overcharge.

PalusAbel
2013-11-08, 06:39 PM
The cloud fist relaxed and grew denser. It could hardly be called a cloud anymore, but it looked unlike anything else the world had ever seen. Its billowing flesh, for lack of a better term, was not simply black. Rather, it seemed to pull the light around it into bottomless darkness. Ellen would get the sense that it has no particular strength nor weakness as far as taking damage is concerned. She would also sense that, once the youma had fully manifested, it would be possessed of terrifying speed.

The youma is not Vulnerable nor Resistant to any particular kind of magic. However, the youma has the Extra Action ability.

Mono Vertigo
2013-11-09, 04:05 AM
Once she gets the results, the Magical Girl shouts to the rest of the party: "It's not weak to anything, but it's fast! Careful!"

The_Admiral
2013-11-09, 01:11 PM
Well, let's hit it with all we've got then, she replies, confidence in her tone and a lopsided cocky grin on her face.

Leaping forwards she starts playing her guitar, glowing energy gathering around her as she played. With a dramatic strum, the gathered energy flies as a whole into the dark cloud.

OOC

An attack of 19 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16388938&postcount=11) and 1 overcharge.

Appropriate music I think. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM)

PalusAbel
2013-11-10, 03:51 AM
Sarah's energy strikes the still-forming cloud mass, but freezes in place without dissipating or inflicting damage before it makes contact. An enormous maw yawns open where the attack would have hit, drawing the attack into itself and clapping shut with a boom like thunder. Above the sated mouth, two almond-shaped eyes creep open. They are as bright as the full moon, and have the same mottled look. Upon closer inspection, however, the dark patches in the eyes move around, as if they were butterflies trapped in a paper lantern. The youma looks down at the girls out of curiosity, unperturbed by their attempts to attack it.

The youma's Defense (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16389094&postcount=12) Challenge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16389103&postcount=13)succeeds.

Lentrax
2013-11-11, 10:12 AM
Erika raises her staff up high, pointing it at the forming Youma. Water erupts from the end in spiky lances that burst forth to strike at the demon.

PalusAbel
2013-11-12, 07:10 AM
The water flies at the youma, who only tilts its head to the side. The attack is so weak that it does not even merit an active defense. As the lances draw nearer, they turn black and burst into clouds, joining the main body. By this time the youma has nearly fully formed - it is as if it is a puppet held aloft by invisible strings. The youma is laying just below the cloud-line, its own body made of similar stuff. Proportionally, it appears to be a regular human, but the lack of significant detail other than ever-moving flesh darker than black shows that it is anything but. The "butterflies" trapped in the luminescent globes that serve as its eyes rapidly increase their activity.

The youma deflects Erika's attack with a passive defense.

jamieth
2013-11-13, 03:01 AM
Seeing her bandmates' efforts go to waste, Linda doesn't even bother attacking; not now. That would require retuning of her weapon... which she engages into immediately, trying at the same time to "feel" the rhythm and pattern of the youma, to be ready for the moment it would finally burst into action.

PalusAbel
2013-11-13, 05:08 PM
The youma's body finally finishes forming. With agonizing slowness, lower body drifts downward until its feet are below the ocean's surface. The youma, now standing at its full height, looks down at the girls with disdain. It had wondered whether it liked the girls or did not, and had now firmly decided on the latter. It raises its hands as if invoking the power of the heavens, then winds back for a powerful right hook. With the swing of its arm comes a powerful wind, fully intent on blowing the girls away. The tsukaima, still waiting in the car, is sent hurtling into the distance before she even has a chance to scream.

The youma casts a subtle Sorcery that obscures its location with a mirage. Should the girls wish to attack it, they have to first roll 15 or higher or a Sharp Challenge. If they fail, their attack automatically misses as it was aimed at the wrong location. On a success, the illusion is permanently pierced for that particular magical girl.

The youma's second action is a Barrage Finishing attack. All of the girls have to roll 19 or better on their Defense Challenge or else suffer damage.

Rolls are here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16416992&postcount=16)

jamieth
2013-11-14, 01:11 AM
The monster's attack gives Linda barely a split second to react... to decide who to save. Try to save, at least. At this speed, the answer definitely can't be "everyone"... Not myself. I can handle it anyway. Probably. Someone who's in a good position already, to have the best chance to strike back? Or someone who's doomed without my help... and most likely still doomed even with it?
And the moment Linda jumps, not trying to resist te wind, but counting on it to blow her away from the main force of the attack, the answer comes. Not one based on logic, but it is better than nothing. Sarah.
Still in mid-air, Linda starts frantically striking the keys of her keytar, and each hit launches a sliver of light into the air, flying towards Sarah and weaving together with the other, differently-colored sliversa of light to forn the web of rainbow between her and the monster.
Successfully (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16420357&postcount=17) defended myself, albeit at the cost of 2 overcharge; Magic Shield on Sarah, giving her +3 to Defence
Overcharge as it stands: 2 Magic, 2 Heart, 1 Fury.

The_Admiral
2013-11-14, 11:56 AM
Sarah plays her guitar furiously attempting to build a shield of energy as the strike washes over her. Her shield cracks and as she braces herself to be thrown back, streaks of silver fly from Linda. reinforcing it just enough to weather the attack.

Turning to Linda, she mouths a silent thank you, quickly attempting to follow her lead and re-tuning her guitar, trying to optimize it for fighting this youma.

defence 21 with shield bonus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16420793&postcount=19)

Support roll 21 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16420899&postcount=20) overcharge here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16422437&postcount=23)

So I'm taking
Get a +1 to attacks and challenges against the target for one scene
Get +1 to defenses and –1 to damage taken from the target’s attacks for one scene

1 heart, 2 magic, 1 Fury