PDA

View Full Version : Shadowcaster Crafter

Xuldarinar
2013-11-04, 05:08 PM
A couple of questions, academic, around a particular theme. Shadowcasters who make magic items.

What prestige classes that center around that theme can shadowcasters qualify for?

Would such a build be even remotely advisable, even as a way to simply gain more uses of mysteries they have via wands and staves?

Any feats that would be greatly beneficial to such a character? Alternatively, what item creation feats that would be useless for such a character?

Edit:
Are there any constructs a shadowcaster could make?

Vaz
2013-11-04, 05:37 PM
Noctumancer lets you progress both spellcasting and Mysteries, but that sort of defeats the point of being a Mystery user, when Limited Wish/Wish/Miracle allow you to recreate the effects of the mysteries anyway.

I don't have enough experience with Mysteries to say regarding; however i think standard caveats apply, especially on such a low powered class: namely don't lose... um. Mystery using levels?

Xuldarinar
2013-11-04, 07:56 PM
Noctumancer lets you progress both spellcasting and Mysteries, but that sort of defeats the point of being a Mystery user, when Limited Wish/Wish/Miracle allow you to recreate the effects of the mysteries anyway.

I don't have enough experience with Mysteries to say regarding; however i think standard caveats apply, especially on such a low powered class: namely don't lose... um. Mystery using levels?

Well, theses points are all given. Nothing specific here regarding creating magical items, let alone shadowcasters who focus themselves around the creation and use of magical items.

In terms of what is needed to be known of mysteries in this situation, are that simply that magical item prerequisites still apply normally. Wands, Staves, Potions, and Metashadow rods are all fair game, as well as magical items produced specifically from mysteries. The selection of which being less diverse than for arcane or divine spellcaster's or manifester's selections, and incredibly finite compared to what is available to artificers.

I believe the expression still applies, unaltered. The point is nonetheless taken.