PDA

View Full Version : Casting for Bartimaeus movies?

Were-Sandwich
2007-01-07, 03:33 PM
Apparently, the film, rights for the Bartimaeus trilogy have been bought by someone (I forget who). Whilst waiting for the 15mins of adverts to finish at our local cinema, me and my brother discussed who we would cast in the different roles. Obviously, the demons would be voiced.

Bartimaeus-Alan Rickman?
Nathaniel-dunno
Farqual-Samuel L. Jackson
Jabor-dunno
Lovelace-Lambert Wilson
Deveraux-Anthony Head
Underwood-dunno

So, other characters, gaps, ideas?

Don Beegles
2007-01-07, 04:53 PM
Really? That's pretty nifty. As I read the books, which I got for Xmas, I couldn't help thinking they'd make good movies if done well.

I don't know about Sammy J for Faquarl. He doesn't seem ubtle enough. Maybe for Jabor, but I don't really feel him as Faquarl. Maybe...damn, I don't know any actors. That makes this difficult.

For Nathaniel, I think the kid who played Edmund in Narnia would be good. He managed to be a prig half the time and anice kid the other, and that's pretty much Nathaniel for you.

Reinforcements
2007-01-07, 05:58 PM
Sorry for the slight tangent, but what are these books like? Does anyone recommend them? I was thinking of picking them up, but Eragon scared me away from the Young Adult section for a while.

Don Beegles
2007-01-07, 08:27 PM
I enjoy them. Nothing particularly literary, but enjoyable and fairly original. The magic system is unlike anything i've seen before outside of Faust. Characters were interesting and three-dimensional, for the most part. A lot of footnotes, like thrice Pratchett, but not too bad.

Were-Sandwich
2007-01-08, 06:49 AM
I wholeheartedly recommend them. They are very good, with some good humor and drama,

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-11, 11:41 AM
Yeah. Waaaaaay better than Eragon. Good writing, and fairly amusing.