PDA

View Full Version : Champion of ruin Errata

thethird
2013-11-05, 01:40 AM
Is there any errata for the champions of ruin? I'm having a big trouble figuring out how the spellcasting for the justice of weald and woe work.

Is it arcane or divine?

Is it spontaneous or prepared?

Is it wis or int based?

tyckspoon
2013-11-05, 01:57 AM
It's Wisdom based. Beyond that.. there is no errata that I'm aware of. If I had to guess at intent I'd say it should work like Ranger casting (ie, divine/prepared), but ultimately it's an Ask Your DM thing.

bekeleven
2013-11-05, 02:14 AM
It's Wisdom based. Beyond that.. there is no errata that I'm aware of. If I had to guess at intent I'd say it should work like Ranger casting (ie, divine/prepared), but ultimately it's an Ask Your DM thing.

How many wisdom-based casters are not divine preparatory?

Jeff the Green
2013-11-05, 02:23 AM
How many wisdom-based casters are not divine preparatory?

I know of two: Emissary of Barachiel (divine spontaneous) and Unseelie Dark Hunter (arcane spontaneous). Favored Soul and Spirit Shaman (both divine spontaneous) are both half Wisdom/half Charisma-based, though they use different halves.

nyjastul69
2013-11-05, 03:40 AM
It looks to me like this is a Wisdom based divine non-prepared caster class.

Divayth Fyr
2013-11-05, 06:15 AM
If I had to guess at intent I'd say it should work like Ranger casting (ie, divine/prepared), but ultimately it's an Ask Your DM thing.
Why would it work like a ranger when it specifically has "spells known" (which is usually something for spontaneous casters) and the example npc doesn't list any prepared spells, just which does he know and how many can he cast)?

nedz
2013-11-05, 06:52 AM
I know of two: Emissary of Barachiel (divine spontaneous) and Unseelie Dark Hunter (arcane spontaneous). Favored Soul and Spirit Shaman (both divine spontaneous) are both half Wisdom/half Charisma-based, though they use different halves.

Also: Divine Bard, Spontaneous Cleric and Spontaneous Druid.

Chronos
2013-11-05, 09:56 AM
Added to the dysfunctional rules thread.

Curmudgeon
2013-11-05, 12:18 PM
Is there any errata for the champions of ruin? I'm having a big trouble figuring out how the spellcasting for the justice of weald and woe work.

Is it arcane or divine?
It's divine.
Although spellcasting ability is not a prerequisite, you will begin to learn to cast spells that draw upon the divine power of nature itself.

Is it spontaneous or prepared?
Spontaneous, because of the Justice Spells per Day table.

Is it wis or int based?
WIS.
You can only choose spells from the justice spell list; justices use their Wisdom modifier for calculating bonus spells and spell DCs.
This text trumps the table footnote ("1 Provided the character has sufficient Intelligence to have a bonus spell of this level.")

It's all there; it's just organized in a confusing fashion.