PDA

View Full Version : The Thin Line of Good and Evil OOC

Pages : [1] 2

Chimaera
2013-11-05, 10:41 AM
The OOC of The Thin Line of Good and Evil campaign!

Please post your characters here with background etc.
Also, we'll bring the discussions to here and leave the recruitment tread.

Current Character and Experience:
Fauvelli (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=699528), level 10, exp: 45.625
Lilith (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=699588), level 10, exp: 45.625
Logan (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=701339), level 10, exp: 45.625
Tybolt (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=699105), level 8, exp: 29.000

Christine Daae
2013-11-05, 11:22 AM
That works for me, so now down to how long have we known each other now? A few weeks, months, or a year? I would also like to claim the color Dark orchid for Lilith's (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=699588) speech.

Speaking of which

Bardic knowledge [roll0]
Knowledge Local [roll1]

To learn about the area we are currently in.

I also have telepathy out to 120ft so that may help. Lilith will be taken on a form of what the culture finds untouchable to the common people, to further entice them. This is why I am posting the rolls right away, sorry if it seems a bit odd.

Edit I also changed the golem into a 1st level pearl of power as well as a 2nd leaving me 300gp left over. After adding glamored to my suit of armor.

Chimaera
2013-11-05, 11:32 AM
I'll say the result of your checks soon, before we start IC.
By now my focus is to gather all the stories together and finish the sheets.
:smallwink:

Christine Daae
2013-11-05, 11:35 AM
Thats fine, I will be off to work soon until later tonight anyways.

SparowCrow
2013-11-05, 11:46 AM
here's (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=699105) my sheet so far, how much gold do we begin with?

Chimaera
2013-11-05, 12:34 PM
Standart gold for a level 10 character: 49.000 gp.
Also no item that cost more than half your total gold (ie, 24.500, but let's round that to 25.000 gp limit).

Answering Christine: Fauville and know each other for 3 days.
The rest depends on the backgrounds, etc.

Eonas
2013-11-05, 03:25 PM
I noticed you changed Fauvelli's background, Chimaera, and that's fine by me. The only thing I'd suggest is that Dante would have come by his own volition, not because he was called. I figure Dante's corruption would have been the catalyst for Fauvelli taking up Malconvoking, not an effect of Fauvelli already being into those arts.

So SparrowCrow's character's master was killed by the Demon Lord, and he went all Inigo Montoya and vowed to kill the demon. Why meet up with Fauvelli and Lilith, though? It's not as if they were putting up flyers or anything.
Maybe they were already friends? Or, maybe they just both happened to meet after following the same lead. He might have caught Fauvelli in the middle of summoning Lilith or something.
Or, hey. Maybe your character's master might have been one of the victims of Gretchen's rampage. Your character confronted Fauvelli, learned that it was all probably Dante's doing, and they both went off carrying on their grey crusade against Dante.
Just a bunch of ideas.

What pages of the Planar Handbook are monster classes on, Dudu? I can't seem to find them. How does your archivist tie into the story, by the way?

Here's Fauvelli (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=699528) again.

Chimaera
2013-11-05, 05:12 PM
Sure we can change that!
Instead of you summoning him, he just appeared in her deathbed and made you an offer you couldn't refuse.

Is that ok?

Eonas
2013-11-05, 06:04 PM
Yup, fine by me! I have a nasty suspicion that Dante was the one who caused the disease in the first place, though of course my character wouldn't know that.

Also, why the feat Sacred Vow, SparrowCrow? Unless you plan on diplomancing (with a Cha of 10!?), its only use is to qualify for the rather crappy Vows of Poverty/Chastity/Nonviolence/etc.

How's HP generated again?

Christine Daae
2013-11-05, 06:19 PM
Eonas may I point out the comedy in the fact that even with max ranks in bluff and my 31 charisma score your bluff check may be higher...

Chimaera
2013-11-05, 06:33 PM
Maxed hp to everyone! :smallsmile:

SparowCrow
2013-11-05, 07:00 PM
Also, why the feat Sacred Vow, SparrowCrow? Unless you plan on diplomancing (with a Cha of 10!?), its only use is to qualify for the rather crappy Vows of Poverty/Chastity/Nonviolence/etc.

I'm not sure why it was still there I thought I replaced it with shadowblade

Christine Daae
2013-11-05, 07:40 PM
Oh I love max hp.

If everyone wants at level 13 I will take a dip into cleric depending on the exact reading of that class feature and then go MT if mt advances domain powers.

Chimaera
2013-11-05, 10:37 PM
Pretty sure mysthic theurge don't advance your domains powers.
Pretty pretty sure.

Also, the rules for Planar Binding:
It is as the spell say.
He can stay for up to caster level/days performing duties like guarding a place, something or someone, tracking down someone or waiting.

If no reward is offered he will get a great bonus to resist the task.
If the task is dangerous he will get a bonus too.
If the task is way wrong to his ideals (calling an angel to put a orphanage on fire, for example) it fails.
If the task is impossible or the creature belief it to be impossible, it automatically fails.

If he gets no rewards he might get vengeful and become a recurring enemy, but some tasks will be made without reward and effort for certain creatures, like: protect the temple (for a good celestial, for example).

As long as you use one binding as bodyguards, he'll count to group experience.

You can only have one binding of each level (a lesser, a normal and a greater planar binding spell) at the same time: you can have a small group of elementals protect your keep, while getting yourself a mount and sending an inevitable to track down you enemies, for example).

Read Lesser Planar Ally for idea of how much a reward is enough for the bindings (of course you can just pay less or nothing at all, but the creature gets a bonus to resist, etcetera).

Dominate Person/Monster:
Yiu can have but one dominated person/monster (except if you used mass dominate person/monster, which allows you to carry the spell limit of creatures).

Christine Daae
2013-11-05, 11:13 PM
Fair enough, I just wanted to be sure as there are a lot of dead levels for a bard. Trying to plan ahead.

Edit I am either thinking seeker of the song/war chanter

Or initiate of mili to have cleric levels stack with bard levels for basic music and the bonus to inspire courage. I wish to be party friendly though and want to know what everyone thinks. As mythic exampler is also open.

Eonas
2013-11-06, 01:46 AM
Wow, that's a faily non-standard approach to Planar Binding. Why this, by the way? "If the task is impossible or the creature belief it to be impossible, it automatically fails."

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure that RAW only you can get bonuses on a Cha check for making a good deal:

You make a Charisma check opposed by the creature’s Charisma check. The check is assigned a bonus of +0 to +6 based on the nature of the service and the reward.
You're the one making the check, not the monster. So on a favorable deal for the monster, you'd get bonuses; otherwise, the no bonuses are given to either you or the outsider.

Chimaera
2013-11-06, 10:16 AM
"I want you to fly and catch that cloud for me", after calling a earth elemental is an impossible (and stupid) idea and will automatically fail.

And I read it wrong, you're right, no bonus for the creature (but some tasks aggainst her nature may still grant it circunstance bonus to resist, "Kill the priest and drink his blood" to a good extraplanar, for example)

Also, rewarding can make the creature less interested in vengeance.

Christine Daae
2013-11-06, 10:55 AM
Also summoning a group of demons to fight devils that are attacking you:smallwink:

Natural enemies they will do it for free. Bring the blood war to the material plane:smallbiggrin:

Chimaera
2013-11-06, 11:00 AM
Exactly! They'll be more willing to help if the task is ok if their nature.:smallsmile:

Christine Daae
2013-11-06, 11:12 AM
Yes indeed. So will the game be starting soon? I am really looking forward to beginning. And no one really has given me an answer on what they would like.

Chimaera
2013-11-06, 11:13 AM
I want it to start soon, but needs the sparrowcrow's and dudu's backstory before I start.

Eonas
2013-11-06, 03:40 PM
"I want you to fly and catch that cloud for me", after calling a earth elemental is an impossible (and stupid) idea and will automatically fail.

And I read it wrong, you're right, no bonus for the creature (but some tasks aggainst her nature may still grant it circunstance bonus to resist, "Kill the priest and drink his blood" to a good extraplanar, for example)

Also, rewarding can make the creature less interested in vengeance.

The RAW interpretation of impossible commands, I believe, is that you only fail your cha check when you say 'do this impossible thing'. But if I'm journeying with an earth elemental and tell him 'catch a cloud!' then it doesn't just say 'ha, I can't do that kthxbai' and disappear. It still gets to stay with me for 1 day/CL, trying in futility to catch the cloud. (Maybe it sets up a very large basin beneath the cloud and coerces another mage to come along and make the cloud rain into the basin? Or it just steals a pair of boots of flying or something. A seemingly impossible task suddenly becomes very possible.)

Yes indeed. So will the game be starting soon? I am really looking forward to beginning. And no one really has given me an answer on what they would like.

I'd say stick with straight bard. Neither of your other PrCs advance your bard spellcasting, and since you've got that at Level 10 already it'd be a pity to waste it.

Also, have you chosen your spells yet? I'd suggest focusing around Enchantment spells and those which Wizards don't get (like Glibness!)... failing that, perhaps some debuffing necromancy. Because Fauvelli's banned the Enchantment, Necromancy, and Evocation schools.
How Abjuration-y is your Archivist, btw, Dudu? I might ban that school instead if you've got that covered.

EDIT: Are we playing with retroactive skill points?

Christine Daae
2013-11-06, 05:07 PM
I have taken and made my spell list already yes. My whole sheet is done in fact. If you wish to look it over and change a few spells just pm me the old spell with the new one on the side of it.

Edit mythic examplar advances every thing a bard does. Just half casting instead of full.

Chimaera
2013-11-06, 05:21 PM
Retroactive skill points.

And that may be as the RAW say, but as I said those is going to be our houserules (nothing says you can't have an army of planar bindings doing everything for you, but in this game we'll use the limitation).

These houserules may change over the course of the game, etcetera etcetera.

Eonas
2013-11-06, 06:27 PM
So, to be clear: I get an outsider as a bodyguard for 10 days, then on day 3 or whatever if I say 'go over this ravine', then the bound creature can just say 'whoops, I don't think I can do that, looks like I don't have to serve you any more', and the spell duration ends immediately? That seems a bit arbitrary and unfair, tbh. Especially since it would mean that I couldn't ever really predict when the duration on a binding of a stupid and unresourceful creature would end.

You could remove the proviso 'if the monster doesn't think it can do the task', but then that begs the question 'how do we know if a task if possible or not?'. Like I said, an earth elemental can steal some boots of flying, and even a monster with a charisma of 3 can still win a singing competition by coercing a wizard to enchant it with +cha spells and then buying a choker of eloquence... etc.

To me, the simplest and fairest solution would be just to say the monster will unsuccessfully (or perhaps successfully) attempt to complete the task until the duration ends.

Chimaera
2013-11-06, 06:34 PM
When you bind the creature you ask him one task that, if he find he can't do with his powers and resources only, is "imposible".

So he wont go persecuting wizards to steal their goods etc.
You could ask him: "Attack the magic item shop, steal a flying broom and go get that damn cloud!"

Also, you can't change the task oin the middle.
Don't worry, I'm not an insane master who just want to screw you up.

I won't simple destroy the whole fun of planar binding, the idea is limit it a little to avoid game break. Ok? :smallsmile:

Dudu
2013-11-06, 06:44 PM
Damn, totally missed those two threads.

Anyway, I'll write a background soon (and the sheet). Just give me some more time.

So, if you don't mind, archivist sounds a bit too complicated and DM dependant. I'll make a standard cleric or a cloistered one.

So, DM, you can edit the first post adding the backstories and sheets, to make matters easier. It'll probably be a cleric of Vecna, with 2 levels of swordsage, since I love that class.

Eonas
2013-11-06, 07:17 PM
When you bind the creature you ask him one task that, if he find he can't do with his powers and resources only, is "imposible".

So he wont go persecuting wizards to steal their goods etc.
You could ask him: "Attack the magic item shop, steal a flying broom and go get that damn cloud!"

Also, you can't change the task oin the middle.
Don't worry, I'm not an insane master who just want to screw you up.

I won't simple destroy the whole fun of planar binding, the idea is limit it a little to avoid game break. Ok? :smallsmile:

Oh, I get it. If I offer him a deal that he finds impossible, then my check automatically fails and I just have to try again with a different deal next day. Yeah, that makes sense (it's also what's in the rules, actually).
I had thought you meant like if I the deal is he has to obey my commands to the best of his ability without question for a week, and then if as one of my commands I give him a task that he doesn't think he could complete, the spell duration ends immediately. Which wouldn't make sense, at least in my opinion.

SparowCrow
2013-11-06, 07:28 PM
well here's (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=699105) the finished sheet, now I'll go ahead and finish up the background, Should I write it on the sheet or post it?

Chimaera
2013-11-06, 08:14 PM
Post it here sowe may discuss it etcetera and later you can put it in the sheet.
:smallbiggrin:

Dudu
2013-11-06, 08:45 PM
I just had a very funny idea for a cleric.

The bone knight. I'm totally making that one.

Christine Daae
2013-11-06, 10:26 PM
So Ronald have you looked it over

Chimaera
2013-11-07, 02:05 PM
Question: do you guys hink you cna finish your background till next Monday?

I'm looking forward to start the game before someone drops interest.

Christine Daae
2013-11-07, 03:06 PM
Agreed, though if someone drops I know someone I have played with a few times that can work very quick on a character. Just would need to tell him what roll he needed to play.

Eonas
2013-11-07, 06:01 PM
Tbh, I don't see it as that big of a deal if somebody else pulls out before the game starts. It won't screw up party balance all that bad, and it'll just mean a smaller, more intimate game.

I'm working on equipping my character. Do we get to 'upgrade' magic items later on (say, by upgrading a +2 cloak of charisma to a +4 cloak of charisma at some point), or is the price we spent on the item wasted?

Also, I'm trying to figure out a way that'll give my character the ability to wear an item equivalent to a headband of intellect, as well as a circlet of persuasion. Would there be some crafter who Fauvelli would have had a chance to buy some eyeglasses of intellect from, or something? The item crafting rules are really simple for these sorts of items - I'm sure somebody would have done a slight variation on the standard item.
Failing that, does anybody know of a +int item not worn on the head?

Christine Daae
2013-11-07, 06:28 PM
MiC has the rules to combining magic items

SparowCrow
2013-11-07, 07:37 PM
I'll finish my character up soon, just been a bit busy recently (I had a few papers I had to work on)

Dudu
2013-11-07, 08:54 PM
So, the build is pratically done.

Logan Gafgarion, Bone Knight. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=701339)

He is a servant of Nerull, although the fluff can change.
He follows the domains of Fate and Death. He hunts people who defied death in some manner, to bring them their legit destiny. He isn't evil, but he isn't exactly loved whenever he goes. Unlike most assassins, the bone knights aren't so much discreet, wearing armor and wielding weapons primarily made of bones instead of cloak and dagger. It's because their quary aren't powerful people, noblemen or cospirers, but usually liches and binders, when discretion isn't so much needed as raw power.

Actually, I would love to serve a distinct god (not Nerull or Wee Jas or any existent god, a campaign specific one). It wouldn't be a bad idea if such god (or goddess), depicting the inevitability of death would be rival of Orcus. Logan, the Bone Knight, isn't against animating the deads temporarily to fulfill his goals, though.

Eonas
2013-11-07, 09:58 PM
MiC has the rules to combining magic items

Wait, there are? I just took a look through it and couldn't find anything like that. What page?

So, how would Logan's backstory tie into Fauvelli's and Lilith's?

Chimaera
2013-11-07, 10:00 PM
@Dudu: Go ahead and create yourself your death goddess :smallbiggrin:
Choose four domains for it and some religious stuff.

I think that may be interesting.
She (or He) can be a deity that thinks people who use magic or anything at all to increase their life or to prevent death (just lots of ressurections) are "stealing" her.

She would be ok with her servants animating deads for small amounts of time, but hate people not devoted to her to do so.

And things like that. Go ahead and create her church etcetera etcetera.

@Eonas: MIC has rules for that, but I'll houserules some stuff about combining items.

* The abilities must be related (so you can have a Strongarm Bracers of Strenght, for example, but not a Amulet of Constitution and Charisma);
* The cost become: price of the cheaper item x 1,5 plus price of the other item;
* You can't have more than two items combined (no Bracers of Strenght, Dexterity, Reach, Strongarms and Growth);
* Rings, unique, set or legacy items can't be combined;
* Specific weapons and armor can be improved, but it'll expensive;
* You can have items occuy diferent slots than normal, but that cost twice the price (but worry not, every ability has two possible slots: Str: waist and hands, Dex: feet and arms, Cons: waist and throat, Cha: torso and shoulders, Int: head and face, Wis: head and throat). So a Crown of Intelligence or an Amulet of Inteligence would cost the same, but a Sandals of Inteligence would cost twice as much.

About the selling and upgrading items.
You can sell items for 40% to 60% (depending on the merchant atitude towards you).

Upgrading items are possible, as long as you find someone in town capable of making the item you want, but that cost money (the diference from the lower level to the wanted level) and days (1 day for every 1000 gp).

Any other question?

Dudu
2013-11-07, 10:35 PM
Wait, there are? I just took a look through it and couldn't find anything like that. What page?

So, how would Logan's backstory tie into Fauvelli's and Lilith's?

How someone who hunts people who should be dead (like your wife) enters?

Well, my friend, is quite obvious. He want to hunt the demon who once was Fauvelli's wife and should be dead.

Christine Daae
2013-11-07, 10:56 PM
Hey no killing lilith.

SparowCrow
2013-11-07, 11:04 PM
For my character's background he was orphaned at a young age and taken in by a monastery where he trained under his master, until his master was slain by Dante as Dante retrieved some sort of Item from monastery (maybe an ancient tome or sword) Tybolt swore to someday avenge his fallen master, after packing his things Tybolt Left the monastery to seek out the training he knew he would need to face the demon. Several years later while following the trail of the demon, he encountered Fauvelli

Dudu
2013-11-07, 11:11 PM
Aumanoth, the goddess of the inevitable fate, lady of eternal darkness and mistress of the restfull dead. She governs the unstopping force of time that brings change, including death, the most certain fate of all. Her church defends that concepts such as glory, personal power and wealth are merely delusions of temporary beings unable to see the big scheme. She's true neutral, since good, evil, loyalty and chaos are mere noise in the solid, umbrokeable threads of fate. Her domains are Death, Fate, Time and Darkness. Her favorite weapon is (conveniently, I know) the longspear.

The Bone Knight Vindicators are the loyal bringers of the undodgeable word of Aumanoth. Whenever someone denies death (vampirism and lichdom being common examples), the Bone Knights hunt and destroy. No one can deny their fate for too long.

Logan will choose Time and Darkness. He is lawful neutral.
Plus, can we change the requirement of Ruby Knight Vindicator from venerating Wee Jas to, in this case, Aumanoth?

Dudu
2013-11-07, 11:18 PM
Hey no killing lilith.

She could convince him to first kill Dante, which is surely a much bigger target and slaying him would please Aumanoth greatly.

No one knows about Lilith and Logan after the mission is accomplished, though.

Chimaera
2013-11-07, 11:20 PM
@Sparrowcrow: A tome was stolen from the monastery;
If possible give me more things about your background.
I'ts too simple as it is.

@Dudu: yeah, go ahead with Ruby Knight Vindicator;

Eonas
2013-11-07, 11:56 PM
How someone who hunts people who should be dead (like your wife) enters?

Well, my friend, is quite obvious. He want to hunt the demon who once was Fauvelli's wife and should be dead.

That was the first thing that came to my mind too, but IIRC Gretchen never actually died. Does Logan also hunt those who have had near-death experiences?

Christine Daae
2013-11-07, 11:59 PM
Lilith will have fun with this group. And I shall be going Mythic Exampler everyone.

SparowCrow
2013-11-08, 08:35 AM
@Sparrowcrow: A tome was stolen from the monastery;
If possible give me more things about your background.
I'ts too simple as it is.

I'll go back and add some detail on his training and how he met Fauvelli
later
A quick question on shadow blend
Shadow Blend (Su): In any conditions other than full daylight, a shadow creature can disappear into the shadows, giving it total concealment. Artificial illumination, even a light or continual flame spell, does not negate this ability, but a daylight spell will.

Would dark vision negate the Concealment?

Chimaera
2013-11-08, 09:45 AM
In fact, my idea was that Gretchen became an undead without anything abrupt as death, but in slower pace.

Like she began to rot from inside till she become an undead monster (with demonic traits)

Dudu
2013-11-08, 11:24 AM
When I said Logan was hunting those who defy death (in case, Fauvelli's wife), Christine said "hey, no killing lilith." which made me believe Lilith was Fauvelli's wife.

But if Gretchen is, then, of course, Logan is hunting Gretchen. He has no problem with demons as long as they don't mess with Aumanoth's plans. Dante did, so he should be destroyed.

Chimaera
2013-11-08, 11:31 AM
About the shadow blend, I think darkvision can overcome it.

Dudu
2013-11-08, 12:01 PM
Logan (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=701339), the legitimized bastard son of Count Balban Gaffgarion, was a mixed blessing, being both a bastard and the son of local heroine, the aasimar Loretta Silvergaze. To not further enrage Count Balban's wife, he was sent at the age of 10 years old to the seclude order of Bone Knight Vindicator, servants of the ominous goddess Aumanoth, who governs fate and the eternal darkness, far away from Countess Gaffgarion and it's troubles.

A loner, he bonded quickly with his new adopted goddess and climbed the Bone Knights ladder faster than most of his colleagues. By the age of 14, he crafted his first bone armor, a terrifying full plate made of human bones. Despite the order considering the inevitable end of life span sacred, they have no quarrel in using corpses for their own good, considering them mere renmants of life not worth of any awe. By the age of 21, he was awarded one of the finests bone spears, the fabled Impaler. With armor and spear in hand, he was considered able to carry missions in the name of Aumanoth, and so he did.

For 8 years he was one of the most capable vindicator of the Bone Knights order, but despite destroying a vampire, he, like most vindicators, was mostly relegated to deal with frugal crimes that should be dealt by the kingdom guards, like some bandits, best-case-scenario some hidden cultists accused of necromancy and even join the ranks of local noble (including his father, Lord Balban) in times of war, something he considered a deep disrespect towards Aumanoth's phylosophy. Until one mission arrived. A conjurer named Fauvelly made some dealings with an obscure entity knew as "Dante". His wife, Gretchen, presumably avoided death and turned into a demon. Bone Knights usually carry their missions alone, but in some cases they are allowed to recruit or ally with others. He would begin with this Fauvelli's fellow, both for inquire, but a conjurer who is able to summon powerful demons might as well be a valuable ally.

Chimaera
2013-11-08, 12:08 PM
Nice! So only Sparrowcrow is left.
If possible finish it till MOnday or so.

I'll begin posting IC at monday, so hurry up if possible :smallsmile:

Dudu
2013-11-08, 12:17 PM
Is item familiar feat allowed? Like the limited version of it (without exp or skill bonus)

Chimaera
2013-11-08, 12:18 PM
No item familiar, sorry.

Christine Daae
2013-11-08, 12:23 PM
Should of asked for anointed knight, or the ancestral relic feat instead.

Dudu
2013-11-08, 01:27 PM
Already set for Extra Turning and Protection Devotion.

Got myself 9 rebukes/day. Protection Devotion grants, for now, +4 sacred bonus to AC by spending an immediate action and lasts 1 minute (a battle, usually). To me and allies in 30ft radius centered on me.
By spending 3 rebukes, I can use it again. That brings a maximum of 4 uses per day. Pretty neat.

By the way, can we use the alternative turn/rebuke rule? (each rebuke attempt cure undead for 1d6 per cleric level). It's in page 87 of complete divine.

Plus, his speech will be in navy blue

Eonas
2013-11-08, 02:57 PM
Already set for Extra Turning and Protection Devotion.

Got myself 9 rebukes/day. Protection Devotion grants, for now, +4 sacred bonus to AC by spending an immediate action and lasts 1 minute (a battle, usually). To me and allies in 30ft radius centered on me.
By spending 3 rebukes, I can use it again. That brings a maximum of 4 uses per day. Pretty neat.

By the way, can we use the alternative turn/rebuke rule? (each rebuke attempt cure undead for 1d6 per cleric level). It's in page 87 of complete divine.

Plus, his speech will be in navy blue

... guess that's it for Divine spellcasting, eh? I thought that was what you joined the game to fill in the first place? Eh, whatever.

Also, that does mean that suddenly Knowledge Skills are more important for me, since I'd previously been leaving them out with the expectation that your Archivist would cover them fine. Time to revise my character.

Dudu
2013-11-08, 03:03 PM
... guess that's it for Divine spellcasting, eh? I thought that was what you joined the game to fill in the first place? Eh, whatever.

Also, that does mean that suddenly Knowledge Skills are more important for me, since I'd previously been leaving them out with the expectation that your Archivist would cover them fine. Time to revise my character.
I think you mistook divine spellcasting for healing. But I have two other things you probably forgot.

One, wand of lesser vigor.

Second, an undead mount. That coupled with our Shadow Sun Ninja teammate means I won't even have to bother using the wands for lesser vigor.

Plus, I can put +4 sacred bonus in your AC, that will stack with anything. And my stance? It puts a -4 penalty to enemy attacks whenever they are attacking my allies. So I can stack up to 8 effective AC to you. One hell of a tanker and coupled with the Shadow Sun, the perfect out of combat healers duo.

But if you still think spontaneous cure trumps that, you need to play this game for a bit longer.

SparowCrow
2013-11-08, 03:27 PM
About the shadow blend, I think darkvision can overcome it.
ok I was asking to see if my ring of the dark-hidden was necessary or not

Second, an undead mount. That coupled with our Shadow Sun Ninja teammate means I won't even have to bother using the wands for lesser vigor.

that'll certainly make it more time efficient, my original idea was to use it on myself to heal others, while I would recovery using my fast healing, but the undead mount lets me use it without waiting to heal back the damage

Dudu
2013-11-08, 04:03 PM
You can still do it on yourself, though, just in case my mount isn't around. In fact, my mount won't be there so often. It can be with me 10 hours a day, so it isn't a sure thing.

That's why I bought the wands of lesser vigor. But if you don't depend on undead, than it's even better.

SparowCrow
2013-11-08, 04:03 PM
For Tybolt's background he traveled in a small merchant caravan for most of his early life until the caravan was attacked by an orchish raiding party. Tybolt survived by hiding in one of the carts but the rest of the caravan wasn't so lucky. Tybolt was taken in by a monk traveling back to his monastery from the nearby town and he lived there for several years training under master Alexander,until the day Dante arrived to steal one of the ancient tomes the monastery had guarded for countless years. Dante quickly dispatched any that attempted to stop him until he reached the archives where he found master Alexander waiting for him, unlike the previous fights the demon and Master Alexander seemed evenly matched until Dante blinded master Alexander with a handful of dust and quickly stabbed him through the heart. Enraged Tybolt attacked Dante, but the demon quickly defeated him and soon left with the tome.
Tybolt swore to one day avenge his master, and soon left the monastery to seek out the training he would need to slay the demon, Tybolt traveled the world seeking out those who could train him, once traveling into the shadow plane to seek the knowledge of a reclusive master of shadow hand that lived there. Upon his return to the materiel plane Tybolt traveled to see an oracle and ask her what he needed to defeat Dante, through her cryptic message Tybolt followed the trail of the demon to Fauvelli and offered his help in Defeating the demon

Dudu
2013-11-08, 04:10 PM
Maybe Logan and Tybolt could know each other before the campaign starts.
The vindicators do their missions alone in the sense 2 vindicators are never on the same mission. But it's not rare that they ally themselves with comrades, mercenaries or whatever can aid them. Maybe Tybolt and Logan killed that vampire I told about in my background.
I can see clerics of Aumanoth being fond of Shadow Sun philosophy. Hell, maybe some Shadow Sun ninjas actually adore Aumanoth.

Eonas
2013-11-08, 04:16 PM
But if you still think spontaneous cure trumps that, you need to play this game for a bit longer.

Hey, no need to raise our digital voices with semi-concealed conditional insults (such as 'if X, then you're a noob'). I don't appreciate that and neither do most other people I know.

I think you mistook divine spellcasting for healing. But I have two other things you probably forgot.

One, wand of lesser vigor.

Plus, I can put +4 sacred bonus in your AC, that will stack with anything. And my stance? It puts a -4 penalty to enemy attacks whenever they are attacking my allies. So I can stack up to 8 effective AC to you. One hell of a tanker and coupled with the Shadow Sun, the perfect out of combat healers duo.

I'm wasn't talking about spontaneous cure, though, I was just talking about the divine casting that you joined the game to do. Because I didn't notice your four levels of cleric and didn't realize that you still were divine casting (I thought you'd gone for a pure initiator). Duh.

That's what happens when I try to post on GiantITP immediately after waking up. Mistakes.

Chimaera, would you also like me to write up a detailed background like Dudu's?

Dudu
2013-11-08, 04:24 PM
Ok, sorry for that, Eonas. I though you were talking about the spontaneous cure (which isn't that great, I assure you).

But fear not, Tybolt is a shadow sun ninja, those guys rock as healers (and it isn't even their primary function). And yeah, I still have 4 level divine spell and 10CL, so don't worry about divine spellcasting either.

In fact, this party seems pretty balanced so far. I just wonder about the scout function. We'd need either a rogue or a diviner. I think the casters can share the diviner function.

SparowCrow
2013-11-08, 04:27 PM
Ok, sorry for that, Eonas. I though you were talking about the spontaneous cure (which isn't that great, I assure you).

But fear not, Tybolt is a shadow sun ninja, those guys rock as healers (and it isn't even their primary function). And yeah, I still have 4 level divine spell and 10CL, so don't worry about divine spellcasting either.

In fact, this party seems pretty balanced so far. I just wonder about the scout function. We'd need either a rogue or a diviner. I think the casters can share the diviner function.

I can take care of scouting, Shadow blend gives me full concealment in anything but broad daylight and I have a pretty good move silently

Dudu
2013-11-08, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure why it was still there I thought I replaced it with shadowblade

Actually, I think that with shadow blade and weapon finesse you can put your strenght as low as 10 without worry.

Eonas
2013-11-08, 05:15 PM

NP.

Scouting can also be covered by celestial monkey summons.

Christine Daae
2013-11-08, 05:56 PM
Or the succubus with shapeshift and glamored armor. That has max ranks in gather information I believe.

SparowCrow
2013-11-08, 06:41 PM
Actually, I think that with shadow blade and weapon finesse you can put your strenght as low as 10 without worry.

shadowblade's dex to damage stacks with strength and I didn't want to take weapon finesse

Dudu
2013-11-08, 08:53 PM
shadowblade's dex to damage stacks with strength and I didn't want to take weapon finesse

Well, that's true. It's just that different people follow different build strategies. I for, example, run away from MAD as fast as I can. If I can dump a stat, I dump it (never int or con, though).

And what Lilith does? She has class in succubus. I don't know exactly what that means. She charm guys? Blast someone? Nice AC, though.

Chimaera
2013-11-08, 09:13 PM
Your background is enough as it is, but you can put more things on if you want.

Alright, everybody is ready, let's begin (on Monday or so I'll post IC, till there I'll be finishing some preparations).

Christine Daae
2013-11-08, 09:33 PM
And what Lilith does? She has class in succubus. I don't know exactly what that means. She charm guys? Blast someone? Nice AC, though.

Well succubus class is quite fun actually when you actually read it. For one I have a natural touch attack of 2 claws, not that I will ever be trying to get into melee range mind you. Then that same class feature allows her to apply her Charisma modifier to her Natural armor class, so the higher her charisma, the higher her AC, more bonus spells, higher DCs. It works very well really imagine her being a paladin...

She has a bunch of semiuseful sla from the class as well which are all based of her cha for their DC. Even teleport. It allows her to also add her succubus levels to any casting class she goes into why she can cast as a 10th level bard even though she is only a 3rd.

A few minor resistances that improve by her HD, Telepathy that improves every level by 10ft so nothing can ever sneak up on us without mindblank. She can change her appearance from medium to small to look like any humanoid, very useful for infiltrating with her glamored armor.

Can take 10 off of the opponents AC if she feints in combat (not exactly sure how those rules work though). She can fly another plus. DR again equal to her HD as well as SR 11+HD.

Constant sanctuary effect around her with a DC 25 will save to hit her, never mind the feat fade into violence that also makes her less of a target in combat.

Can Kiss victims to bestow negative levels. Then all the abilities of a 3rd level bard. Her spells function around more buff/debuff to allow any other casters to free up their own slots so things like Haste, Rage are covered. As well as clerity in case someone is about to die, give our healers time to heal that person or that person time to move.

Bluff score of 23 natural, not including gilbness and voice of the dragons.
18 in Diplomacy
16 in gather information (though I should get tuns of situational boosts do to telepathy and being able to look like a friend and all).
20 in intimidate
8 in knowledge Local just in case Bardic knowledge fails me
15 in Arcane
5 in history to enter mythic exampler
20 in listen
23 in sing, gain money and get a crowd to do what I ask? yes
12 Search
10 spellcraft (left that for enoas mostly)
20 spot
5 tumble
UMD 10
4 in use rope for interigations never know.

But thats what I can do.

Eonas
2013-11-08, 09:47 PM
Dudu, do you think you could cover Knowledge: Religion a bit more solidly (with max ranks if possible)? Because in my experience, weapon/armor crafting never really comes into play all that much (especially since you can just buy or steal them, right?) and you're after all a guy who specializes in the undead and divine magic. It makes sense for him to have a pretty good knowledge of what exactly he's dealing with.

Christine Daae
2013-11-08, 10:20 PM
Bone knight needs it to enter the PrC.

Edit : Saying Eonas had his character summon me, does that mean Lilith gains the bonuses of his summons as well?

Eonas
2013-11-08, 11:06 PM
Bone knight needs it to enter the PrC.

Yup, I know. I'm saying maybe Logan could max it instead of having it at 6.

Also, have you considered taking the feat Disguise Spell (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-adventurer--54/disguise-spell--633/) and/or the skill trick Conceal Spellcasting? The former might actually be more useful than, say, Fade Into Violence. Consider: you want to charm somebody. Charm Person is going to be a very obvious spell: verbal and somatic components mean that the onlookers (and probably the person himself) presumably realize that you're casting a spell on the guy. Instead, with Disguise Spell, you sing your victim a 'serenade' and incorporate Charm Person into the song. Nobody notices.
In combat, any spellcaster is always one of the first targets for anybody. So, you blend into a crowd, maybe take the physical form of a young street urchin (succubus abilities yay!), and have him sing out a merry tune (which is actually a Haste Spell). Nobody suspects you and you don't have any risk.

The trouble with spellcasting (especially for purposes of sneaky/deceptive type business) is that it's so obvious that you're casting. Disguise Spell completely negates that, allowing you to do all your succubus-y stuff with the addition of your spellcasting.

On the other hand, feats like Fade into Violence have fairly situational uses. You could also switch out your Exotic Weapon proficiency, since Bards and Succubi don't want to be in melee combat anyway, and you have claws for those cases (which are probably better than whips anyway). Whips obviously have that neat dominatrix flavor, but you can always wield one without being proficient in it...
WAIT. Apparently Succubi ARE automatically proficient in Whips, at least according to the revised version (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1104.0) of the class (which I think is otherwise identical to the old version except it gains +8 cha instead of +7). Which is appropriate: Succubi and Whips go together like jam and bread.

Christine Daae
2013-11-08, 11:09 PM
I was thinking about taking disguise spell to be honest, as well as a few debuff songs. However Came short on feats. If he allows a whip to be part of her weapons that she is proficient with then by all means I will change it.

SparowCrow
2013-11-08, 11:17 PM
A few minor resistances that improve by her HD, Telepathy that improves every level by 10ft so nothing can ever sneak up on us without mindblank.

I think you need mindsight (http://dndtools.eu/feats/lords-of-madness--72/mindsight--1960/) to detect people with telepathy

Christine Daae
2013-11-08, 11:19 PM
Another feat to add to the growing list of limited feats

Dudu
2013-11-08, 11:29 PM
Dudu, do you think you could cover Knowledge: Religion a bit more solidly (with max ranks if possible)? Because in my experience, weapon/armor crafting never really comes into play all that much (especially since you can just buy or steal them, right?) and you're after all a guy who specializes in the undead and divine magic. It makes sense for him to have a pretty good knowledge of what exactly he's dealing with.

Christine already answered, but I agree to some extend. Unfortunately, I don't have the skill points to spare. I advise you to focus at least on knowledge planes and arcane. I won't excell in know religion, for now, but that might change. Still, I only really need +9 in ride to fight on a warhorse consistently, so I think I'll borrow some points from it.

Eonas
2013-11-08, 11:37 PM
Christine already answered, but I agree to some extend. Unfortunately, I don't have the skill points to spare. I advise you to focus at least on knowledge planes and arcane. I won't excell in know religion, for now, but that might change. Still, I only really need +9 in ride to fight on a warhorse consistently, so I think I'll borrow some points from it.

Why all the points spent in Craft (armor & weapons), though?

EDIT: Duh, I just read the Bone Knight's class description. Nevermind.

Dudu
2013-11-08, 11:39 PM
I was thinking about taking disguise spell to be honest, as well as a few debuff songs. However Came short on feats. If he allows a whip to be part of her weapons that she is proficient with then by all means I will change it.
I though bard were proficient with whips already.

edit: Checked. It explicit say in PHB that bards are proficient with whips.

Here: A bard is proficient with all
simple weapons, plus the longsword, rapier, sap, short sword,
shortbow, and whip. Bards are proficient with light armor and
shields (except tower shields).

I think you got yourself a feat.

Why all the points spent in Craft (armor & weapons), though?

EDIT: Duh, I just read the Bone Knight's class description. Nevermind.
I know. It sucks. At least I got to save 1000gp on my fullplate. So much for 6 skill points.

Dudu
2013-11-09, 02:12 PM
I'm a bit lost. We are all at the Ehlone temple. All four of us?

Plus, the IC started (Maybe some people didn't noticed).

Christine Daae
2013-11-09, 02:18 PM
Yes I just noticed this morning. And for OOC knowledge can we keep it in a spoiler while IC please, makes things a bit less confusing.

As to all of us at the temple, from what I gathered you were alone. We are all in town, know of each other. But that is all.

Dudu
2013-11-09, 02:31 PM
The group was breaking their fast in one of the buildings who survived the fiery power of gretchen (she dizimated 70% of the village with demonic power) when a sick priest get closer and speak in a weak voice: "You're a priest of Aumanoth, right? The bishop Varaberg is almost passing and asked me to bring you there. He wants to talk about fate and death before he meets both of them".
That's why I think they're all together right now. That part wasn't very clear.

Eonas
2013-11-09, 02:34 PM
Link please?

I'm just finalizing a couple last elements of my character: his familiar and equipment.

This may be a stupid question, but I'm rather foggy on the rules for temporary ability gain. If I put on a headband of intellect or whatever and keep it on for long enough, do I get skill points in accordance or are skill points simply based off my natural intelligence score?

Chimaera
2013-11-09, 05:30 PM
SKill points only for natural Int :smallwink:

Also, I think Logan went there himself alone at the temple, but nothing impeded you all to go with him, since you're a group.

And, a hint: this city was destroyed by Gretchen and people knew her, so looking right like her would cause you to be surroundded by torches and scythes :smalltongue: @Christine

(I'll put OOC stuff in spoiler when I do it IC).

SparowCrow
2013-11-09, 05:43 PM
just to say his name is spelled Tybolt not Tibolt:smallamused:

Chimaera
2013-11-09, 06:04 PM
Ah! My bad :smallbiggrin:

Eonas
2013-11-09, 08:39 PM
Wait, what's with the door Logan's knocking at? Does Fauvelli start at home packing or something? Or is that just a way for Dudu to tell me 'post already, Eonas'?

Is my home village Rabbitville or was that just some passing town Gretchen happened to wreck?

Dudu
2013-11-09, 08:42 PM
Nope, I just found it would be funnier. You post when you want.

Plus, think about it. Logan shouldn't be friendly toward Fauvelli after all the "pact to make her trick certain death" he just made. I think some animosity between the two characters would be cool.

Eonas
2013-11-09, 08:53 PM
I don't mind friction, I'm just trying to figure out how the game starts. Am I at home or in some barkeeper's cellar or what? The one thing I'm really sure about my character is that Fauvelli would definitely not be moping, he'd be racking his brain trying to figure out what to do.

Has Gretchen's change in spirit just happened, by the way? Because I had thought we'd agreed that what would have prompted Fauvelli to take up Malconvoking in the first place is to get back at the demons for going back on their promise (I could be wrong, though). And I can't think of a circumstance in which a character would get 5 levels in a couple days.
Or would you rather Fauvelli already was a Malconvoker when the incident happened, Chimaera?

Christine Daae
2013-11-09, 10:38 PM
Remember Lilith is not a mortal, and as such emotions may get confused from the crossover. What is moping around to her, may be honoring the dead to another.:smallwink:

SparowCrow
2013-11-09, 10:59 PM
just to say lilith won't be able to read tybolt's thoughts due to his ring of mind shielding

Dudu
2013-11-09, 11:05 PM
I think Logan is aware of Lilith's existence, and that she is in Fauvelli's house.

Christine Daae
2013-11-09, 11:11 PM
Good to know on the mind shield, and I never said he would not know, why I pointed out the whip and did not do a bunch of checks.

Dudu
2013-11-09, 11:16 PM
Just to make sure. Logan is relatively naive and your bluff will probably suceed 100% of times. Until he learns to distrust more deeply and start using his zone of truth like spells.

Christine Daae
2013-11-09, 11:26 PM
I believe in the gentlemens code to a good extent so unless I feel like it seems like a good RP moment to play with getting a few souls, there will never be any rolls or counter rolls needed.

Dudu
2013-11-09, 11:33 PM
Technically, a succubus is a devil, am I right?
I always call everyone a demon, sounds cooler.

On other note: Can I take the Spontaneous Domain ACF from PHB II?

Christine Daae
2013-11-09, 11:40 PM
No succubus is a demon in the monster manual. CE. Devils are LE, why this will be so much fun. Bluff checks will ensure sadly. Got to have a mad prophet after all following his goddess.

Edit : Come Eonas please join us (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312836), it is becoming fun and someone needs to reign our friendly succubus in.

SparowCrow
2013-11-10, 12:01 AM
is a succubus's change shape an illusion or an actual shape change like a changelings?

Christine Daae
2013-11-10, 12:05 AM
Like a changeling

Dudu
2013-11-10, 12:09 AM
I think I'll dip in church inquisitor just to deal with the succubus. :smalltongue:

edit: Prepared Spells:

Lvl1: CLW, Sign, Ebon Eyes, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith, D* Obscuring Mist

Lvl2: Close Wounds x2, Desecrate, Shatter, Zone of Truth, D* Blindness/Deafness

Lvl3: Deeper Darkness, Magic Vestment, Greater Resistance, Animate Dead, Girallon's Blessing, D* Haste

Lvl4: Greater Resistance, Divine Power, Greater Magic Weapon, D* Armor of Darkness

Christine Daae
2013-11-10, 12:12 AM
Care to take all 10 levels to be immune to dominate and make me always tell the truth? Come its a waste of time this is not PVP its PBP. Just the succubus is acting her roll is all. I however am waiting for the person who got this game started to post now.

Chimaera
2013-11-10, 12:23 AM
Answering questions:
@Eonas: I think it would be better if things happened just after the Gretchen's incident: you was a conjurer specialized in summonings, but when gretchen began to slowly change you began to investigate to see why that happened, entered the Malconvoker stuff and a month or two after she finally become the monster she is now.

Also, Rabbitville was the place you and Gretchen married and decided to settle things down (she loved the rabbits) and you're now on what remained from a neighbor house (your tower was devasted by flames).

@Dudu: succubus are demons, what you're thinking is the erynies. :smallwink:
And sure, go ahead and take the ACF.

Also, no need for big hurry: I'm probably not be able to post tomorrow. :smallwink:

Christine Daae
2013-11-10, 12:25 AM
So it is ok for us to have a lot of character interaction then? As I am most active at nights and can post quite often when I am active.

Dudu
2013-11-10, 12:29 AM
I would love some RP in the meantime.

Chimaera
2013-11-10, 12:30 AM
Intereaction between you guys is sugggested and recommended.
:smallsmile:

The more the better, RP is what makes RPG so good :smallwink:

(Also, I'm pretty active as well, but tomorrow I'll have some stuff to do and probably won't get a change the near computer, so meanwhile go ahead and know each other and play tricky games :smalltongue:)

Dudu
2013-11-10, 12:32 AM
Rerolling:

Maneuvers:

1 Crusader Strike
2 Mountain Hammer
3 Foehammer
4 Leading the Attack
5 Battle Leader's Charge

1° [roll0]
2° [roll1]
3° [roll2]
4° [roll3]

Chimaera, we will use the same system we use in Cinco Pontas?

And Tybolt, would like Girallon's blessing on you?

edit: WTF is wrong with those rolls? Once you make a mistake, it's a pain to fix it.

Dudu
2013-11-10, 12:37 AM
The reason why I avoid Crusaders, even though I find them the strongest of all ToB classes:

Maneuvers:

1 Crusader Strike
2 Mountain Hammer
3 Foehammer
4 Leading the Attack
5 Battle Leader's Charge

1° [roll0] Crusader Strike
2° [roll1] Foehammer
3° [roll2] Battle Leader's Charge
4° [roll3] Leading the Attack
5° Mountain Hammer

SparowCrow
2013-11-10, 12:43 AM
And Tybolt, would like Girallon's blessing on you?

no thanks,

Christine Daae
2013-11-10, 02:07 AM
I just did not want to run on and on dragging the story along but as long as everyone is fine with some RP.

Eonas
2013-11-10, 03:15 AM
Sorry it took me so long to post, I just wanted the DM's clarification on what exactly was going on before posting and probably making a fool of myself.

Gotcha, Chimaera. Though gaining 5 levels in 1 month seems a bit quick, even for a bookworm like Fauvelli. Maybe 3-6 months instead? Is that maybe a bit more plausible?

Chimaera
2013-11-10, 10:30 AM
No problem Eonas, I just thought you were waiting for me.
But thibk it was two months of demonic and infernal research and you can think he was already a master specialist conjurer who retrained his levels as malconvoker or something like that (something you'll probably not be able to do in game now :smallwink:).

Also, Dudu: are your saves ok? Being cleric and having both Greater Resistance and 20 wisdom and only a +2 bonus on Will saves? I guess you had a typo or something. Also, what's Tyche's Touch?

If everyone's is ok I'll continue the IC.

Christine Daae
2013-11-10, 11:26 AM
I am more then ready to move on.

Dudu
2013-11-10, 11:39 AM
Also, Dudu: are your saves ok? Being cleric and having both Greater Resistance and 20 wisdom and only a +2 bonus on Will saves? I guess you had a typo or something. Also, what's Tyche's Touch?

If everyone's is ok I'll continue the IC.

It's a +15 bonus. Not exactly huge, but very good, nonetheless.

And Tyche's touch is an interesting spell (http://dndtools.eu/spells/lost-empires-of-faerun--30/tyches-touch--1555/).

Christine Daae
2013-11-10, 11:57 AM
Well he may be naive, but no low level spell I cast will effect him or his mental state

Dudu
2013-11-10, 12:50 PM
He is currently naive. His stats show great mental capabilities. His physical status however are below the average of a bone knight.

So, yeah, he has a strong mind.

Christine Daae
2013-11-10, 01:20 PM
Its ok, Lilith will enjoy making him seem like a good target. Fade into violence is great with large creatures and having natural weapons. Throw in high AC and a high Will save for them to be able to attack her, and it makes this a perfectly safe stroll through the woods. At least until she has to defend her master.

Chimaera
2013-11-10, 01:35 PM
@Christine: The rabbits are planning an ambush, even though you got a high spot check you had a worst initiative than the rabbits, so you'll have to wait :smalltongue:

Only Tybolt got enoguh spot and initiative, so only his actions will count :smallbiggrin:

Dudu
2013-11-10, 02:23 PM
Its ok, Lilith will enjoy making him seem like a good target. Fade into violence is great with large creatures and having natural weapons. Throw in high AC and a high Will save for them to be able to attack her, and it makes this a perfectly safe stroll through the woods. At least until she has to defend her master.

You didn't need it, actually. Iron Guard Glare is supposed to make him look like a good target.

And do you really need fade into violence with that high AC?

Eonas
2013-11-10, 03:15 PM
I'd already have Mage Armor cast, unless the journey to the forest is a really long one.
EDIT: Nevermind. I just did a minor character reconceptualization. Effectively, I un-bought Boccob's Blessed Book and decided to go with a much leaner spell list. 90% of my spells are going to be summons anyway, so what's the point of loading up on utility spells and stuff?

Knowledge: Nature (or would you prefer Knowledge Arcana?). What do I already know about these dire rabbits?
[roll0]

Christine Daae
2013-11-10, 03:27 PM
Talking is a free action, as are all the things I posted. So...seems they lost the advantage.

Dudu
2013-11-10, 04:26 PM
Wait, so the rabbit suddenly decided to change targets after charging? I don't think that's how it works. He is aware of the sanctuary, and if he attacks and doesn't pass the will save, he can't simply change targets, the attack is wasted.

Chimaera
2013-11-10, 04:35 PM
@Christine: free action you can do in your turn, it's not immediate.

@Dudu: you're right, ignore the attack the sanctuary blocked.

@Fauvelli: forgot the -4 from Dudu's stance. Add it in the enemy attack.

Knowledge check grant you the following info:
* The monsters you're fighting are giant dire rabbits, they're amicable and dociles (but those doesn't seem to be the case, it's like they're boosted or soemthing)
* They can ignore natural difficult terrain (overgrown areas only);
* Their best offensive is a leaping charge they do.

Also, since you've got a high knowledge arcana you also notice the following:
* These mosnters seems to be fiendish creatures;
* They got a lesser cold and fire resistance;
* They got SR and DR/magic

SparowCrow
2013-11-10, 04:45 PM
ok, Tybolt's unarmed attacks are magical and the rabbit missed

Chimaera
2013-11-10, 06:31 PM
I guess you put wrong your trip bonus back there.
I guess they're dire wolves, right?

The +11 trip bonus is already counting size, strenght.
The only diference between your wolf and the one stated is the +4 str and +4 cons, so total trip is only +13.

Note that the first trip was a natural 1, so failed miserably

Rolling trip resist for the second attack: [roll0] DC 20 (since you got a 7 on your d20 there)

Also, you have to finish your turn (decide if you'll move or not, you can't do a standart and wait for the scene to unfold etcetera)

EDIT: also, I think you miscalculated the damage too: 1d8+15 (+3 damage since eh got more strenght and +2 for deceptive summonings)

Eonas
2013-11-10, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I'm just wondering how Tybolt and Logan's attacks fared.

Also, I think aug summons only gives +4 str, not +6. So that'd make it +14 damage.

Chimaera
2013-11-10, 06:41 PM
Augment Summoning:
Benefit
Each creature you conjure with any summon spell gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength and Constitution for the duration of the spell that summoned it.

The damage should be +15.

Also: consider auto-sucess in bluff checks the summon cant pass.

EDIT: About the results of their attacks: no rabbits died yet.

Eonas
2013-11-10, 06:51 PM
Yup, I got that. So I added on +2 and another +2 onto the Dire Wolf's base damage (1d8+10) to get 1d8+14.

Actually, I do sort of wonder how the Dire Wolf's damage bonus came to be +10, anyway. His strength mod is only +7, so whence the extra +3 damage? Huh.
/tangent

Chimaera
2013-11-10, 06:56 PM
A single natural attack: 1,5 str modifier. :smallwink:
Note: always rounded down.

Eonas
2013-11-10, 07:12 PM
AH. I had forgotten about that rule, thanks.

I think I'll stay put. I haven't hurt the bunny; its natural predator, wolves did. Maybe it'll chose to ignore me in favor of attacking the wolves. And anyway, I don't see how I could really outrun it. Better to not let it pounce me in the first place.

Christine Daae
2013-11-10, 07:23 PM
I am at work right now, if someone could just have me activate inspire courage along with what I posted earlier that would be great.

Chimaera
2013-11-10, 07:49 PM
@Christine: Consider it done then.

Dudu
2013-11-10, 08:07 PM
The attacks triggered the protection (see Protection Devotion, in CC). Now everyone got +4 sacred bonus to AC.

Don't forget that.

I won't have swift for this round, though.

SparowCrow
2013-11-10, 08:35 PM
whoops, I forgot attacker wins in a tie for attack roles, hows the illumination in the area?
Edit: doesn't matter for the tie after all all, just noticed the haste spell so it missed anyway

Chimaera
2013-11-10, 08:46 PM
It's dayly full light, with some shadows made by the trees and leaves, (but not enough for you hide).

SparowCrow
2013-11-10, 09:02 PM
Well the concealment would be nice, the rabbits hit hard, but they're having a hard time hitting right now, I might try getting dudu to cast darkness on Tybolt and have him put on his blindfold of true darkness to fight later.

Eonas
2013-11-10, 10:09 PM
What are the yellow circles? My wolves were summoned at, K15 and L19, not at L11 and N15 or whatever.

Also, Fade Into Violence seems kind of counterproductive to me. Instead of working to actually kill the enemies (via music or spells), you just spend an action to get one of the enemies to avoid you and attack somebody else instead. Not really condusive to carrying your weight in the party.

Chimaera
2013-11-10, 10:12 PM
Oh! My bad :smalltongue:
They attack the one Tybolt is fighting then
Ok, I'll get edit that later.
Also, Tybolt's wolf is dead now.

Christine Daae
2013-11-10, 10:34 PM
Not true, you use it once and it effects that target the entire encounter. So that is one enemy that can not attack me. Now also add in the fact I did not get a bard level until later on I could not take any bard feats. So I took what would make sure no spellcasters could attack me, and make me be able to dominate melee enemies minds without worry.

Christine Daae
2013-11-10, 10:49 PM
Dudu you may wish to look over my spell list some time so that you do not have to cast haste anymore or prepare it. My friend plays a cleric and I know how furstrating it can be with so few spells at times so I made sure to grab some of the better buffs that I could to help you out some.

I must say it was very hard choosing which spell to cast, so many were useful.

Eonas
2013-11-11, 12:03 AM
Not true, you use it once and it effects that target the entire encounter. So that is one enemy that can not attack me. Now also add in the fact I did not get a bard level until later on I could not take any bard feats. So I took what would make sure no spellcasters could attack me, and make me be able to dominate melee enemies minds without worry.

Yeah, I get the 'entire combat' thing. All that means, though, is it goes and attacks somebody else, when it would be having difficulty hitting your 28 AC anyway. It's kind of a waste of an action, or at least a suboptimal use of it.

I mean, if you don't have a better feat, sure, but there are options: Heighten Spell Like Ability (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-arcane--55/heighten-spell-like-ability--1372/) is a great one, allowing you to pump your Charm Person DCs among other things.
Or, you could take Succubus 1/Bard 3/Succubus 6 (instead of Succubus 7/Bard 3) to allow you to take bardic music feats right away.

Also, I just realized. The DC the bunny had to beat last round to avoid being tripped wasn't 20, but 31! Oh well, too late to fix it now.
Darn numbercrunching errors. In a game like D&D, they're inevitable. Too many tiny chunks of data to keep up with.

Chimaera
2013-11-11, 12:19 AM
No no no, the DC was 20 (you put the wrong bonus there: 1d20+24) so you've got a 31 trip), but it was in fact a +13 bonus so since you've got a 7 it was a 20 result.

Dudu
2013-11-11, 12:19 AM
Have to agree with Eonas. Fade into Violence is an overkill. Just now, for example, not only you have 33AC (28+Prot Devotion+Haste), but the enemies that are threatened by me get a -4 penalty on attack. Good luck trying to hit you.

And you could leave haste to me, it's fine. I don't need to prepare it, I have spontaneous domain: time.

Christine Daae
2013-11-11, 12:26 AM
My 0 level spells have a DC of 20...I do not think I need to optimize them much more. If our DM allows that small change when I level up I will retrain it and take a different feat. Searching now.

Well that is a spell I will need to trade at level 12.

Eonas
2013-11-11, 12:53 AM
Oh, right, that. My math sucks today.

My 0 level spells have a DC of 20...I do not think I need to optimize them much more. If our DM allows that small change when I level up I will retrain it and take a different feat. Searching now.

Well that is a spell I will need to trade at level 12.

Considering that the whole 'save or be my bestest friend' thing is kind of your schtick, I don't think you can have DCs too low for that.
If you really want bardic feats, you could probably just go for my Succubus 1/Bard 3/Succubus 6 trick. Doesn't change your build in any other way, but you get to take your bard feats whenever you like.

Christine Daae
2013-11-11, 12:55 AM
May I replace it with doomspeaker Chimaera? Allows me to curse an enemy with -10 to just about everything and is a CHA based DC :smallbiggrin:

Also DC 25 on charm monster...I doubt something will pass it. And if it can, well I am not suppose to control it. I rather not make our DMs life difficult after he let me play a succubus to begin with. To optimize is asking for trouble as the challenges will be meet to reflect the optimization. I already have higher AC, harder time to be hit, and high DCs. Countered by the fact I really do not get into combat unless I need to, or steal somethings life.

Chimaera
2013-11-11, 01:02 AM
-10 in about anything? I guess I'll have to not let tha pass, or else I'll have to put some doomspeakers myself :smallwink:

Christine Daae
2013-11-11, 01:07 AM
Hehehe, like I said I rather not optimize for that reason. Extra bardic music may be useful though as at this moment I can only do it 3/day.

Chimaera
2013-11-11, 10:06 AM
Just to explain something to you guys: this battle is just me testing your strenght and for you to see anything that haven't come as well as you thought it would. So after it you can retrain a feat or skill, or in case of Lilith alter her class order etc.

Who's deserving a cookie? :smallsmile:

Christine Daae
2013-11-11, 10:14 AM
I want a cookie, sure I am more useful out of combat, but that is the fun.

Chimaera
2013-11-11, 10:22 AM
You can replace a spell too if you see it isn't working the way you wanted to. :smallsmile:

Christine Daae
2013-11-11, 10:24 AM
I can cast haste 6 times a day if it is needed.

Christine Daae
2013-11-11, 11:36 AM
Would song of the heart be an allowed feat? It grants a +1 bonus on all my bard music's.

Chimaera
2013-11-11, 11:39 AM
Sure! Go ahead, I always take it with my bards.

Christine Daae
2013-11-11, 11:46 AM
I just try to stay out of campaign specific feats unless I am running dry on ideas. And taking two feats for white raven song does not sound as useful at this time. After all I am going to try to get the doves harp, and that vest that adds +5 to your bard level.

Dudu
2013-11-11, 12:16 PM
I think I'll switch extra turning for power attack. His damage is... way to low.
Extra turning will actually drop my total turn attempts from 9 to 4 (the reliquary grants a +1 turn if I have extra turning).

But in a buffed fight like we are having now, Logan could safely drop 5 from his attack and give 10 to damage.

Or... you know. Let it like it is and ask fauvelli or Lilith to cast Heroics in me.

Christine Daae
2013-11-11, 12:33 PM
I do not have heroics. I however will be trading a feat out meaning I will grant a +2 bonus normally from inspire courage. Add another +1 from badge of courage and another +1 from inspirational boost and that's inspire courage +4 however I will only use that when needed as it's a lot of resources. Much easier for me to haste, wave of fatigue, rage the battlefield. Or have my whip attack anything in a 60x30 square

Throw in its not a bard spell from what I can see.

SparowCrow
2013-11-11, 04:23 PM
I just try to stay out of campaign specific feats unless I am running dry on ideas. And taking two feats for white raven song does not sound as useful at this time. After all I am going to try to get the doves harp, and that vest that adds +5 to your bard level.

i did have a character idea once for a warblade 16/bard 4 that used song of the white raven dragon-fire inspiration and as many boosts to inspire courage as possible to give the whole party an extra +9d6 sonic damage a hit while still dealing pretty good damage himself

Christine Daae
2013-11-11, 05:55 PM
I have seen those builds, to much planning, not enough fun or flavor for me.

Dudu
2013-11-11, 06:32 PM
Actually, it's quite simple, fun and powerful build. There's also the bard4/crusader16 variation. Superduper.

Christine Daae
2013-11-11, 09:41 PM
Is it simpler then cleric bard?

Also eonas your turn with your summons. I would save your spells this round and let them attack.

Chimaera
2013-11-11, 09:53 PM
The problem with super builds is that they can break the game or force the DM to go insane and kill everyone. :smalleek:

Eonas
2013-11-11, 10:04 PM
How'd the other two attacks turn out, Chimaera?

Christine Daae
2013-11-11, 10:05 PM
Exactly, why playing simple things are more fun in my eyes, though I must admit I am sorry for the trouble Lilith is causing. I am mostly going to keep her to those roleplay moments and only use her true power when we need it as to save a lot of problems.

Eonas
2013-11-11, 10:23 PM
Exactly, why playing simple things are more fun in my eyes, though I must admit I am sorry for the trouble Lilith is causing. I am mostly going to keep her to those roleplay moments and only use her true power when we need it as to save a lot of problems.

Lilith doesn't occur to me as too powerful. If anything, in combat situations she seems rather underpowered. However, in situations where we need a party face, I'm sure she's matchless.

Dudu
2013-11-11, 10:36 PM
It depends. She can use one of her suggestions, for example, with super high DC, and turn an enemy into an ally for some time. That can be huge.

Dudu
2013-11-11, 10:41 PM
Is it simpler then cleric bard?

Totally yes. ToB classes are much simpler to build and play than clerics, unless you go pure cleric, but why would you do that?

Christine Daae
2013-11-11, 10:51 PM
Well In combat nothing has been able to attack me, and when it gets threw my Sanctuary it will have to deal with my high AC. This means I can dance and sing around the battlefield debuffing and buffing where I wish with no real danger presented. I have learned to conserve spells from other games though as you never know when a new day will begin and as such have only used one. though sitting atop and riding a fiendish bunny into town did have some appeal to it.

As for clerics, my friend is playing one. Our DM nerfed DMM persist, and he had to take a few noncaster levels as last game I guess he did a lot of damage a turn.

Chimaera
2013-11-11, 11:18 PM
Logan spear killed the M14 rabbit (at the second attack) and the last damaged a little the O10 rabbit.

Sorry for the the delay (it's 2AM here :smallcool:)

Eonas
2013-11-11, 11:33 PM
Gotcha and no problem about the 'delay'. <24 hours is not a big delay in my books.

Christine Daae
2013-11-11, 11:47 PM
Eonas any chance your summons may kill the rest off?

Dudu
2013-11-12, 12:45 AM
You guys don't forget the haste.

Eonas
2013-11-12, 03:47 AM
Okay, then add on +1 to my previous attack rolls. Do the summons also get the +1 competance bonus from Lilith's singing?

Q10 bonus attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Other ape bonus attack: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

L9 attack: [roll4] Dmg: [roll5]
Trip: [roll6]

N11 attack: [roll7] Dmg: [roll8]
Trip: [roll9]

Chimaera
2013-11-12, 07:06 AM
The apes aren't hasted (were summoned after the Haste spell took effect) and the wolves can't make their bonus hasted attack due taking move action.

All summons get the bardic bonus (unless they're immune to morale effects, like plants or undead - those needs a specific feat to allow etc).

Don't forget also that one of the wolves are enraged, so he gets more attack and damage bonus.

Trip Resist: [roll0] DC 31 -> Tripped!
Trip Resist: [roll1] DC 33

Also, I'll make a houserule to help me keep things faster for me etc:
Whoever forgets a bonus (but not penalty) on a roll or an extra attack or whatever won't get the bonus for that post, or else I will have to go back to track down and that can take a while (aftert all you have three caster that can cast boosts on your summons).
So a hint: creaste a .txt or .xls with your summons stats and keep record of their boosts - that will be good for you, for the game and for me. :smallwink:

EDIT: both rabbits are still alive, one tripped in the ground. Will Fauvelli do anything else this round?

Christine Daae
2013-11-12, 09:57 AM
I notice most DMs do this, why most people do exactly what you just said, I do not find it as being mean. Its a simple thing really in my eyes. Why summoners normally summon 1-2 things a combat, or the DM puts a limit. Keeping track of 5 characters (yourself and summons) gets very difficult.

Chimaera
2013-11-12, 10:26 AM
I know it isn't meant to be mean.
But if you focus on summoning you'll need to get used to having such modus operandi.

About limiting summons would ruin the Malconvoker's fun. :smalltongue:

Christine Daae
2013-11-12, 10:42 AM
So I take it you are posting now, which means I should think about what I am going to do this round.

Chimaera
2013-11-12, 11:09 AM
In fact I'm waiting to know if Eonas will make anything in his turn other than commanding his summons. :smallsmile:

Christine Daae
2013-11-12, 11:13 AM
Why would he? It would be a waste of his time, resources, and well he already posted.

Chimaera
2013-11-12, 11:14 AM
I kinow, but it's up to him.
Who knows?

Christine Daae
2013-11-12, 11:18 AM
Well this should be fun....and its 70 % fights right?

How to throw some RP into this then?

Chimaera
2013-11-12, 11:22 AM
The game wont be purely comabt oriented
I'm planning on changing that 70/30 combat/RP, it will be more like some combats, RP, some puzzles etc.

The 70/30 was my first perception of the game, but ideas just keep coming and since it's a malconvoker centered game, it will probably get 40/60 combat/Rp (with some investiation and puzzle solving etc).

Dudu
2013-11-12, 11:23 AM
My malconvoker has some reserve feats, that might help when you don't want to summon anymore. Both to save resources as well as not make a huge mess.

We are currently outnumbering the rabbits.

Christine Daae
2013-11-12, 11:25 AM
Well that is really good to hear. I am just trying to find something to do before work is all sorry. I am waiting in both games I am in so trying to think of ways to spice things up a bit, why I just posted that last bit towards Logan. Trying to make him think Demons may be evil, but its expected, they were born that way. Humans however are far worst as they will do anything to get what they want.

Add in all my spells now that are cast need me to concentrate. Means just simply dance around anyways and make sure my allies stay enraged.

Chimaera
2013-11-12, 11:29 AM
Well that is really good to hear. I am just trying to find something to do before work is all sorry.

I know that feeling :smallbiggrin:

Christine Daae
2013-11-12, 11:32 AM
So if you do not mind me askign what is your other game with Dudu about?

Chimaera
2013-11-12, 11:37 AM
In fact, we and Dudu are part of small group of players and DMs.
Each one of us DMs a campaign and play the campaigns of the others: some tabletops and some via forum.

I'm DMing a dragonslaying campaign called As Cinco Pontas (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238233) (which means Five Points, like a five-pointed star) where they're hunting down the five consorts of Tiamat and, in future, Tiamat itself. :smallamused:

Christine Daae
2013-11-12, 11:43 AM
That sounds really interesting. Right now in my other game I am a gish.

Eilistraee Blessed Drow Paladin 6/Wizard 1/Abjuarnt champion 1

I plan on taking AC to level 5 before taking 2 more levels of paladin and then jumping into Silverhaired knight for RP value. In the end I will not be able to cast over 3rd level spells of Arcane or divine, but the fluff in it is really fun. Espically with charging smite and a silver Elven courtblade.

Chimaera
2013-11-12, 11:47 AM
Seems nice!
Me and DUdu were trying to find a game, but was tiresome the drilling process, so I decided to Dm one and put him as a player.

Christine Daae
2013-11-12, 11:49 AM
I wish I had known that a while ago as my DM was looking for a side group a short time ago but no one ever got there sheets in. I think the 4 posts/day think scared a lot away, all of us do it easy in his game and its really fun with a lot of RP elements. Its truthfully odd seeing a game so different. For example I am sure you see how I post with my attacks in combat, not just attack. I thought that was the norm as his game was the first PBP I ever played in. Now I see otherwise however.

Chimaera
2013-11-12, 11:59 AM
I like the RP part more than the mechanics part (attack, damage, power builds, etc).

After all, it's called RPG.

If possible keep doing it your way :smallsmile:

Christine Daae
2013-11-12, 12:15 PM
Will do, it's something I have grown used to after almost a year of being in a game.

Eonas
2013-11-12, 12:57 PM
Yup, the reserve feat is exactly what I was planning on doing.

I summon a small earth elemental to M8, it attacks:
Attack: [roll0] (Add on +2 for flanking)
Dmg: [roll1]

(The spells and chanting from earlier doesn't affect it, right?)

Chimaera
2013-11-12, 12:59 PM
The elemental miss (he get the song bonus, but still can't hit).
I'll post soon (or maybe not too soon).

SparowCrow
2013-11-12, 04:33 PM
I'm guessing the rabbits had the fiendish template, until the first one died I was guessing it was an illusion,

Christine Daae
2013-11-13, 04:48 PM
Sooo anyone going to post?

Chimaera
2013-11-13, 04:57 PM
I'm waiting for you guys to decide what you'll do.
:smalltongue:

Eonas
2013-11-13, 05:09 PM
I'll just go rewrite the spells for my character, and then I'm ready.

Chimaera
2013-11-13, 06:03 PM
Remeber: a single spell, or a single feat, or a single change. :smallwink:

Christine Daae
2013-11-13, 06:14 PM
I was more talking to everyone Lilith is speaking to.

SparowCrow
2013-11-14, 11:00 PM
Dante has an interesting sense of style

SparowCrow
2013-11-15, 04:17 PM
I'm going camping and won't be able to post until Sunday afternoon

Chimaera
2013-11-15, 05:58 PM
No problems, SparrowCrow.

I think Dante as the Final Fantasy vilain Kefka :smallbiggrin:

Dudu
2013-11-16, 09:20 AM
Actually, my save is much higher.

+12 is his fort save. +15 with greater resistance. +19 thanks to tyche's touch.

So he isn't nauseated.

Chimaera
2013-11-16, 09:47 AM
I thought so :smallsmile::smallsmile:

Christine Daae
2013-11-16, 10:44 AM
Did they pass the will save to attack me?

Chimaera
2013-11-16, 10:57 AM
Forgot again :smallredface:
[roll0]
If they fail they still occupy your square, but they don't bite you, so you'll still have to save aggaisnt the distraction effect.

Christine Daae
2013-11-16, 11:00 AM
That is what the perform check was for. Melodic casting allows me to use my perform check instead of concentration.

Chimaera
2013-11-16, 11:36 AM
The distraction they cause is to make you nauseated. :smallwink:
And too, makes you have to use Concentration/Perform to cast spells.

Question:
You have 10 bardic musics a day?
How? I guess the Succubus level stack only for spellcasting stuff, not bardic stuff etc.

Christine Daae
2013-11-16, 12:35 PM
Well then I have 2/3 used then, and you rolled our saves I thought?

Chimaera
2013-11-16, 03:31 PM
Whenever I can I'll roll your saves (I find this pretty faster than waiting for everybody to roll etc etc).

Christine Daae
2013-11-17, 10:58 AM
So will anyone be posting soon? This game just started and it seems like it is dying.

Dudu
2013-11-17, 01:31 PM
I think it's in a good pace.

SparrowCrow is on a trip. I have some stuff to finish until tomorrow.

And I think it's the rabbits turn now.

SparowCrow
2013-11-17, 05:35 PM
SparrowCrow is on a trip.

I just got back

Chimaera
2013-11-17, 05:45 PM
I also think the pace is good (even though I like a faster game pace) because this way I can plan ahead some stuff etc

Eonas
2013-11-18, 03:32 PM
Do you want us all to make our actions in initiative order, Chimaera?

Dudu
2013-11-18, 03:55 PM
I think you're the most qualified to deal with the rabbits, Eonas. Fauvelli is a conjurer. I trust he prepared some area spells, like glitterdust for example.

Eonas
2013-11-18, 04:07 PM
Nope, almost all of what I prepared was a lot of summons. Because, y'know, Malconvoker specializes in that.

However, I do have access to summons which have access to area spells. For instance, maybe I could summon a bunch of Dretches to cast Stinking Cloud on the Swarm. How's that sound?

SparowCrow
2013-11-18, 04:34 PM
not much Tybolt can do to a swarm, :smallfrown:

Dudu
2013-11-18, 06:05 PM
Nope, almost all of what I prepared was a lot of summons. Because, y'know, Malconvoker specializes in that.
I understand your line of though.
Maybe for power, you're right. For fun, I find high specialization a bit boring. A focused Malconvoker isn't exactly a one trick pony (far from it). But I like to cast some suggestion, buff or BC for a change.
The DM I'm playing with the Malconvoker don't like the idea of swarming the field with monsters. But calling minions to do your biding is classic (fooling them in doing so is even cooler).

However, I do have access to summons which have access to area spells. For instance, maybe I could summon a bunch of Dretches to cast Stinking Cloud on the Swarm. How's that sound?
Sounds good. Just notice that the DC is from the Dretches, which is lower than you can achieve.

Eonas
2013-11-18, 06:17 PM
Can't direct damage affect swarms normally?

I actually was about to go the whole 'unspecialized conjurer' thing at first, then I realized that I actually vastly preferred the idea of having 80% of my spell slots be summons. I'm playing summon-king for the purpose of fun. :)

Chimaera
2013-11-18, 08:24 PM
No need to go on initiative order.
Now it's your turn, so you can act in any order etc.

Christine Daae
2013-11-18, 11:54 PM
Dudu you also have haste for spells active just to let you know.

Dudu
2013-11-19, 12:24 AM
Yeah, just noticed. Thanks. That's only a +1 on attack for now, but later I'll full attack.

One hint, don't rage him again. He has some spells, like close wounds for example, that he won't be able to cast while raged. And try to buff (including rage) after Fauvelli summons. I think you're already doing that, it's just to remind.

Chimaera
2013-11-19, 06:39 AM
Just to remember fauvelli is nauseated :smallwink:

SparowCrow
2013-11-19, 08:30 AM
are fiendish rabbits Evil outsiders?

Chimaera
2013-11-19, 08:36 AM
Nope, magical beasts :smallwink:

Edit: also, the druid is still alive, but will eventually die if left in the swarm, so Tybolt is the hero of the day and saved the naked druid!

Chimaera
2013-11-19, 10:42 AM
I normally go posting everyday, but sometimes things get messed up etc.

Eonas
2013-11-19, 02:02 PM
Wait, can Fauvelli act this round? I noticed his name was crossed out in the init list.

SparowCrow
2013-11-19, 04:17 PM
Wait, can Fauvelli act this round? I noticed his name was crossed out in the init list.

thats the list for saves vs. the nauseated effect, which you failed so you can make a move action not much else besides throwing up

Eonas
2013-11-19, 04:25 PM
Oh, whoops. So I'm useless for a round again?

SparowCrow
2013-11-19, 06:28 PM
Oh, whoops. So I'm useless for a round again?

Nevermind what I posted earlier its crossed out because you moved out and the swarm moved towards tybolt so the save was unnecessary:smallsmile:

Chimaera
2013-11-19, 07:51 PM
@Eonas: you can act normally this round (you won't get attack, that's why I crossed you off from the saves etc).

Note that you won't receive swarm damage this round.
To udnerstand better imagine the scene: a 4x4 crawling horror biting you to death, then the group kinda of split: Tybolt goes left and you go right.

The swarm cant hit you all now, so he have to leave one out of his swarm area.
You were the lucky one and are off the swarm area. :smallwink::smallwink:

@Christine: i remember reading something like demons can eat just a little and be ok, or even devour more than his actual weight without getting fat etc.
It's seems all the food the demons eat goes to nurture the Abyss itself or something. But I'm ok with acid or just regular stuff :smallyuk:

Dudu
2013-11-19, 08:17 PM
Crit:

[roll0] [roll1]

I never get critical, but when I do, the creature is immune to it.

Chimaera
2013-11-19, 08:21 PM
Why not go with Power Attack?

SparowCrow
2013-11-19, 09:52 PM
I never get critical, but when I do, the creature is immune to it.

so true it seems like every time I get a critical its when I don't want it such as running the campaign and during the first encounter the orc with a greataxe rolls a 20 for nearly max damage and chops the group's fighter in half

Chimaera
2013-11-19, 10:01 PM
Orcs with greataxes in low level games are really fearsome.

Christine Daae
2013-11-20, 12:16 AM
Nonsense, they are simple things for paladin.

Also please let me know when the next round has begun.

Chimaera
2013-11-20, 10:37 AM
Fortitude aggainst the Stinking Clouds (DC 13):
[roll0]
[roll1]

Will post IC after these rolls and then itwill be everyone's turn again.

Christine Daae
2013-11-20, 11:20 AM
The fog reaches 15ft. In the air as I stated I was?

Dudu
2013-11-20, 02:52 PM
Why not go with Power Attack?

Feat starved. You said"no flaws".

Chimaera
2013-11-20, 04:14 PM
@Dudu: Oh I see... That happens :smalltongue:

@Christine: area of effect of Stinking Cloud: 20ft radius, 20 feet high.

But worry not, if Fauvelli didn't centered the clouds in the swarm it won't affect you guys.

Dudu
2013-11-22, 01:57 AM
AoO (1d20+21)[41] dmg (2d6+7)[12]

Screw you too, d20.

Chimaera
2013-11-22, 10:12 AM
Will save vs. Dirge of Discord:
[roll0] DC 23

So far the swarm took 62 damage(they take only half weapon damage and since, it's not DR, Mountain hammer don't ignore it :smallwink:

They also fell for the Dirge of Discord, which resumed in reducing it's Dex by (-2 reflexes and AC) and reducing it's movement by half.

Waiting for Eonas to act.

SparowCrow
2013-11-22, 10:43 AM
So far the swarm took 62 damage(they take only half weapon damage and since, it's not DR, Mountain hammer don't ignore it :smallwink:

yeah, I just use mountain hammer for extra damage most of the time

Chimaera
2013-11-22, 10:49 AM
Just saying, :smallsmile:

Eonas
2013-11-22, 04:58 PM
I just realized that I forgot to explicitly say that I was bluffing my Dretches with my Deceptive Summons. But since it's nearly always an auto-success, can we just say that I automatically apply Deceptive Summons on any evil creatures I summon, unless I explicitly state not to?

Also, sorry it took me so long to post. I just realized that I didn't have to go last (last combat I had delayed my action until after my summons, and for some reason I thought that still applied now... d'oh).