PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where the LASHER has gone?

EmeraldRose
2007-01-07, 07:09 PM
Just saw the prestige classes in the new scoundrel book, and it was my last hope that 3.5 would still have the Lasher. Does anyone know why they didn't bring this class back? :smallfrown:

Dhavaer
2007-01-07, 07:15 PM
Maybe it was okay as it was? They probably have an update PDF somewhere on the main site.

EmeraldRose
2007-01-07, 07:17 PM
It's not in any of the new Prestige class books. I've checked them all.

TheOOB
2007-01-07, 07:19 PM
As far as I know they haven't made a 3.5 lasher. That said there is nothing about that class that really needs to be change to be adapted to 3.5. The whip has a much different functionality now thats its a melee weapon instead of a ranged one, but all the class abilities still work fine.

EmeraldRose
2007-01-07, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I know...it just meant switching a bunch of my feats around...still, I was hoping!

Thomas
2007-01-08, 04:29 AM
Maybe it was okay as it was? They probably have an update PDF somewhere on the main site.

I really doubt that. That class was trouble.

Besides, the whip changed radically between 3.0 and 3.5, and the class' abilities would therefore change, too.

Solophoenix
2007-01-08, 06:37 AM
I saw this link a while ago on the Wizards boards
<Link removed due to being non OGL>

Might be what you're after, not sure.

Thomas
2007-01-08, 10:45 AM
Looks like the original version from Sword & Fist (non-OGL, btw, so you might want to remove that link), with Errata inserted. The errata makes no sense, incidentally. How can you flank anyone when wielding a whip? You don't threaten any squares with it (and if you did, that'd be way too powerful - you'd be able to flank anyone within reach of your whip! Combine that with a bunch of rogues...).

EmeraldRose
2007-01-08, 10:45 AM
I saw this link a while ago on the Wizards boards
http://www.gozzilioni.net/srd/pers/prestige%5Cd3eLasher.htm

Might be what you're after, not sure.That's the 3.0 Lasher. It's straight out of the Sword and Fist book. :smallsmile:

I really doubt that. That class was trouble.

Besides, the whip changed radically between 3.0 and 3.5, and the class' abilities would therefore change, too.
Nah, it's the most awesomest class ever! Especially if you go over from a 7th level rogue...:smallwink: Besides...it's fun to be able to destroy a flesh golem all by yourself!

Actually, when I switched my character to 3.5, I had to figure out if I'd lost my mind because at first I thought I'd screwed up making her in 3.0- until we realized they'd changed the whip from ranged to melee. It didn't change too much, really...just switched some feats around...dropped Point blank and all my ranged feats, picked up more fighter feats...she's actually much tougher and makes more sense. It is primarily a fighter prestige class anyway. :smallbiggrin:

Falkus
2007-01-08, 10:47 AM
Besides, the whip changed radically between 3.0 and 3.5, and the class' abilities would therefore change, too

I'm playing a Lasher in 3.5. Take my word for it, the class abilities work just fine with the changes to the whip.

EmeraldRose
2007-01-08, 11:16 AM
See!??! :smallbiggrin:

LASHERS UNITE!!!!

heh..ahem...sorry...:smallredface:

Scorpina
2007-01-08, 11:22 AM
Wait... so your saying there's a Prestige Class that makes using a Whip a viable option?

Closet_Skeleton
2007-01-08, 11:42 AM
Wait... so your saying there's a Prestige Class that makes using a Whip a viable option?

Duh, what else are Prestige classes supposed to be for?

Scorpina
2007-01-08, 11:56 AM
...I'm just amazed that the Whip can be made useful...

Thomas
2007-01-08, 12:04 PM
...I'm just amazed that the Whip can be made useful...

It's always been a fair secondary weapon, in certain kinds of fights (against humanoids your size who use weapons). A rogue tripping, disarming, or feinting at a distance, then moving in for the kill with a shortsword or dagger and sneak attack.

EmeraldRose
2007-01-08, 02:24 PM
Look in the Sword and Fist book. :smallwink:

Falkus
2007-01-08, 02:47 PM
..I'm just amazed that the Whip can be made useful...

To be fair, my character mostly uses a whip-dagger, which is rather more effective.