PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Finding Paizo's (Old) Release Dates

Keneth
2013-11-05, 01:54 PM
A bit of a random question, but does anyone know where one could find exact publication dates (day, month, and year) of Paizo's products? Paizo lists release dates for new products, but after they're released, those dates seem to disappear into oblivion.

If there's no better way, I might just turn directly to Paizo and ask them if they keep that data. I figure they should have something, although their database probably only holds the date they added a product, not the release/publication dates.

Psyren
2013-11-05, 02:00 PM
Search the books on Amazon and then read the "more info" section, and you'll see when it was released/published.

ArqArturo
2013-11-05, 02:13 PM
On a slightly related note, they just released the Mythic guide in their SRD.

Keneth
2013-11-05, 02:19 PM
Amazon does get me a few stray dates, but there are many products that aren't available on Amazon, like PFS scenarios and free supplements.

Psyren
2013-11-05, 02:33 PM
What specifically are you looking for?

Keneth
2013-11-05, 02:44 PM
I'm not looking for anything specifically. I'm making a list of all Pathfinder books (and possibly other products), and I'd like to have exact publication dates on that list. It's not necessary, but it makes my life easier. :smallsmile:

Psyren
2013-11-05, 02:52 PM
I guess that's why I'm confused, because I punched a bunch of APs into Amazon and they all came up. Rise of the Runelords (both versions), Haunting of Harrowstone, Skull & Shackles, Jade Regent...

Keneth
2013-11-05, 02:59 PM
I never said anything about adventure paths, adventure paths aren't PFS scenarios. :smallbiggrin:

Psyren
2013-11-05, 03:09 PM
I never said anything about adventure paths, adventure paths aren't PFS scenarios. :smallbiggrin:

Ah, my bad. Yeah, no idea about PFS, those are only available through Paizo IIRC.

Zherog
2013-11-05, 03:21 PM
Roundabout way to get close to it...

Go to the product's page on their website. Scroll down to where the two tabs for "reviews" and "discussion" are. The first post will be when pre-orders started. Then, the tedious part: if you dig through the discussion you can usually find a post that will indicate when it released, either because somebody will say, "I can't wait until I can download this on the 15th!" or because the general tenor of the conversation changes from speculation to real stuff.

PFS stuff is often a little easier, because the announcing first post seems to typically include the planned release month, and because the discussions aren't as long.

Keneth
2013-11-05, 03:26 PM
Yeah, that's too much hassle. I'm not gonna browse the comments for every single product. :smallbiggrin:

I don't see why the publication date isn't displayed anywhere. It's useful data. :smallannoyed:

Edit: I've contacted Paizo directly. Hopefully, they'll make the process a little easier.

Zherog
2013-11-08, 10:16 AM
Yeah, I did say it was round-about. ;)

I was going to suggest contacting Paizo. Since you already did, I'll avoid doing so.

This site that does look ups by ISBN number (http://www.lookupbyisbn.com/) gives you a partial solution. It doesn't help you with PFS scenarios, though.

Keneth
2013-11-08, 12:31 PM
Yeah, looking up ISBN data is what I've already been doing, though the dates may not reflect actual publication dates. Similar issue with Amazon, really.

I've received no reply from Paizo as of yet, but since I know support can take a while to get around to requests, I'll give them a few more days. Then I might try again, just to be that guy. :smallbiggrin:

Meanwhile, I'm building my list without publication dates. I guess I might post it later so other people can make use of it. I'm sure someone else would appreciate an updated collector's guide/checklist as well.