PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Elementals.

Blueiji
2013-11-05, 10:52 PM
Are there any official sources that contain stats or material for semi-elementals? Is there any homebrew material covering them?

Alternatively, how you go about statting up a Semi-Elemental through templates and such?

Thanks for the help. :smallsmile:

Kuulvheysoon
2013-11-05, 11:05 PM
There's the elemental genasi (pretty much elemental aasimar) in Races of Faerun, and there's a half elemental template in Manual of the Planes.

holywhippet
2013-11-05, 11:06 PM
Semi-elemental? You mean like this: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/elementalRacialVariants.htm

Otherwise get hold of Races of Faerūn and look up the Genasi races.

Ravens_cry
2013-11-05, 11:13 PM
There's the elemental genasi (pretty much elemental aasimar) in Races of Faerun, and there's a half elemental template in Manual of the Planes.
Half-elemental, eh?:smallbiggrin:
Once you go Fire, of others you'll tire.
Once you go Water, all else are rotter
Once you go Air, none are as fair
Once you go Earth, no others . . .
You know, I think I will stop right there.:smalltongue:

Blueiji
2013-11-05, 11:15 PM

I'll check that out, thanks. :smallbiggrin:

Semi-elemental? You mean like this: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/elementalRacialVariants.htm

Otherwise get hold of Races of Faerūn and look up the Genasi races.

Semi-Elementals are the result of two elemental planes and an energy plane converging. For example, Clay Semi-Elementals come from the Semi-Elementals Plane of Clay, which is a result of the Elemental Plane of Water, the Elemental Plane of Earth, and the Positive Energy Plane all converging together.

Ravens_cry
2013-11-05, 11:21 PM
Sounds like paraelementals.

Blueiji
2013-11-05, 11:26 PM
Sounds like paraelementals.

Para-Elementals are the combination of two elementals, but they don't involve the Positive or Negative energy plane.

It's a pretty strange system, took me a while to memorize all the prefixes.

Ravens_cry
2013-11-05, 11:29 PM
Para-Elementals are the combination of two elementals, but they don't involve the Positive or Negative energy plane.

It's a pretty strange system, took me a while to memorize all the prefixes.

Still looks like a good place to start. Are there even elemental of those two planes? I suppose you could represent them as living spells of Inflict and Cure spells if not.

Blueiji
2013-11-05, 11:40 PM
Still looks like a good place to start. Are there even elemental of those two planes? I suppose you could represent them as living spells of Inflict and Cure spells if not.

There's the Energons, from the Manual of the Planes. They're these strange little Will-o-Wisp type things that blow up if you kill them.

There's also the Vivacious and Entropic templates, which are used to represent non-Energon residents of Energy Planes.

Maybe I could just take a Para-Elemental and apply either the Vivacious or Entropic template to get the corresponding Semi-Elemental? That could work.

EDIT: Does anyone know if there were 3.5e updates of the Vivacious/Entropic templates? They seem to be in the Planar Handbook, but not in the Manual of the Planes.