PDA

View Full Version : Sylvan Saviors (IG)

Kyace
2013-11-05, 11:00 PM
You've all answered the calls for heroes, and tonight is the night that they asked you all to gather. It's just past dusk, with the wind eerily still due to the dome. As you make your way to the clearing, you come across a simple bonfire with a several large shadows around it.

The first you notice is a huge shape curled around the far side of the fire like an giant comfortable dog. Between the light of the bonfire and some strange ground level lights, you can make out the bronze scales of a lounging dragon. He seems to be in a conversation with a human at the fire.

The human at first seems to be glowing from some faint inner light, but then you can see that a wineskin on her hip seems to be glowing like a torch. She is wearing walking leathers and a well traveled cloth cloak. Around her seat there are several more empty skins, which also seem to be magicked to glow. Behind her is a wolf which seems to be asleep.

Lastly, a third figure seems to be hanging far back from the fire, slinking against a tree. She seems difficult to spot, as she seems to blend into the tree's bark in the light. Wearing a cloak made of leaves, is a delicate dryad.

As you stop at the edge of the clearing, the dragon clears his throat says gently in Sylvan. "Enter, my little ones. I am Kar'rothca. Sit by the fire and let us speak."

The woman snorts and says in Common, "Karr, you're going to scare them. Kiddies, you're safe. I'm Roslyn. The mutt is Runs-Along-The-Ridgeline-At-Dusk, but I just call him Dusky. And he's lucky that's the word in common I shortened it to!"

Finally, the dryad singsongs, "Greetings tonight, come share our light. Warmth and chill, sit as you wish and drink your fill. My name isn't free to give, but call me Leafcloud."

Weaver, your foster mother Roslyn left her sanctuary several hours ago with only one wineskin.You all easily can tell that Kar'rothca is a mature adult bronze dragon. He smells in good health and powerful but not currently threatening.Leafcloud doesn't feel like a normal Dryad, but doesn't seem to be a threat.You can smell that "Dusky" is healthy and can sense that he's only pretending to be asleep. He smells well fed and content.

Syekate
2013-11-06, 12:05 AM
A soft fluttering can be heard circling the fire, just at the edge of its light. A shadow halfway between the light and dark takes an erratic flight path to a tree across the fire from the dryad. From the glow of one of the ground lights, a bat is visible, hanging upside down in the animal's fashion, glancing anxiously all around the scene. His eyes and head are constantly in motion, taking in the scene, as ears swivel to absorb every sound available. When he turns his head, at the right angle the firelight reflects off his tapetum, creating a bright red glow that seems to emanate from deep within his wide eyes.

He mutters to himself in common, sylvan, and draconic, interchangeably, as he takes in the scene. As he talks, words are often interrupted by a high-pitch squeak, barely detectable even to many animal ears, marking the flighted mammal's echolocative cries. "Druid, dryad, dragon. Durdurdurdur! Drama drifting in; how droll. Drip drop! Dreary times ahead I dream. Drown or drought? What does it- Drat!" he shouts as a moth floats by, narrowly escaping his needle-like teeth.

Calm yourself, Chiropington. Remember your manners.

Drop it. In common, he states, "Greetings, honored hosts. Your humble servant, Chiropington Aurelias, at your service."

He sniffs at the air, exercising all senses, and sneers a touch. "Drooler," he mutters with a split second glance at Dusky. Chiropington stretches his wings, taking note of all the arrivals, usually before they make themselves known openly.

Nettles
2013-11-06, 02:07 AM
A silver-grey tabby cat takes a moment to rub the side of her head against the bark at the base of an old stump before replying to all present.

"Samina is my chosen name. Sam will work if you must." This is said as she stretches and walks about in a small circle. She gives a long slow blink before settling down and curling her tail around her with the air of perfect confidence only a feline is capable of.

bekeleven
2013-11-06, 10:17 AM
A tiny, slightly sparkling blue creature in heavy clothing waddles into the firelight, resolving into a dragon. While dragons (like most creatures) change proportions as they age, this one appears to be a full-sized dragon in miniature, lacking baby fat or a proportionally huge head. Once at the fire, his gaze flickers between those seated. "I heard you could help us get out. Show us how.". Shivering despite his cloak, he nestles under the leg of the larger dragon.

"...But I didn't understand what you said," he adds quietly, meeting his gaze.

Iron Warlord
2013-11-06, 11:33 AM
A white ferret scurries silently out of the undergrowth. He is clad in dark-green armor that appears to be made of pressed leaves with a soft cloak of another green material. He has a small sword is sheathed at his side and a re-curve bow on his back. He also carries a large bag on his shoulders, which seems almost to large for him.

"I am called Nitz, the Silver Wind."

Kyace
2013-11-06, 11:47 AM
Roslyn smiles warmly at the collecting group. "I thought you all should get to know each other before you set out tomorrow morning."

Kar'rothca sits up straighter and interjects, "And prepare tactics, come up with marching order. I can help you come up with some preplanned maneuvers to defeat the enemy."

Roslyn snorts and rolls her eyes. "Let them get to know each other first, before you drill them into your personal army."

Khaibit
2013-11-06, 12:08 PM
Vyklana hangs back until the dragon and the druid start arguing. Smiling to herself, the tiny dragon flits like a shadow against the night sky before turning into a dive near the clearing. She pulls out of the dive just a few feet in front of Leafcloud's face. <Hello. Why aren't you trying to win our confidence like the big guy and the priestess over there?> she projects to the dryad, turning her head quizzically.

Dunno if it'll help, but would knowledge rolls potentially give me any more info on the three that are present? If so then-

For Leafcloud (I'm assuming Nature): [roll0]

For Kar'rothca (I'm assuming Arcana): [roll1]

For Roslyn (Nature, maybe? If it ends up being Religion then subtract 4 from my result. If it ends up being Local or something then I don't have any ranks): [roll2]

Hazuki
2013-11-06, 01:26 PM
About ten seconds into the meeting of gathered supposed heroes, Weaver decides that the bat is crazy and the other animals are what she's come to expect from Honeyivy forest, although she hasn't met many of them before. The large dragon is something she's never met before, she's certain of it, despite its size making it something easy to notice. Perhaps it's a new arrival, or she just hasn't been paying attention. Either is likely, especially considering her condition, and there are more important things right now anyway.

"I'm Weaver." The Pixie admits, her robe flowing behind her as she flits through the air above the campfire with a mixture of confidence and uncertainty, mostly because she could have done something horrible to somebody present and not known about it. Oh, the joys of amnesia!

With that over with, for the moment, Weaver deigns herself to overhear the conversations as she moves to hover in front of her foster mother, smiling at her as she lands on one of the empty waterskins and holding up her pellet of sunlight to help see in the darkness. "Heya. Where did you get these?" She asks, stomping her foot gently on top of the waterskin that Roslyn seems to have pulled from thin air.

Sense Motive on
Roslyn: [roll0]
Kar'rotcha: [roll1]
Leafcloud: [roll2]

Spot for anything out of the ordinary: [roll3]
Listen for the same: [roll4]

Dapperatchik
2013-11-06, 02:10 PM
A dragon darts into the clearing, trailing blue-white Incarnum sparks into the night. "Hey, guys! I'm Roshar. Fabulous to make your acquaintance." Her voice is a clearly feminine squeak.

She flits to and fro for a second and then swoops towards Kar'rotcha. "I love the way your scales glitter in the firelight!" She illustrates by sliding a claw along one of the huge dragon's front leg. "Mine do too! But mine are silver, yours are gold. Obviously."

She seems to suddenly remember everything else in the clearing and streaks towards Leafcloud, apparently oblivious to the dryad's wince as her claws dig into her shoulder. "You're quiet. Tell me things. I like learning new things. What's going on?"

Syekate
2013-11-06, 02:38 PM
(Just as a rough estimate of how much of the general goings on Chirp is observing)
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Knowledge Arcana to identify dragon types: [roll2]
Knowledge Arcana to identify glowy light sources: [roll3]

Chiropington observes the newcomers enter. "Hmm... Cat's in the cradle, and a silver goon. Dragon? No, worm. A leaf on the wind, not like to soar. Curiouser and curiouser."

An ear swivels towards the large dragon calling itself Kar'rothca just as what appears to be a small sapphire dragon nestles in beside it. Eager little beaver. Knows something. Full grown shape, but stunted stature. Dwarfism complex?

Hard to say. Don't lose sight of the others, though.

"Ah, one of the fey. Obnoxious little devils," he mutters under his breath.

Kyace
2013-11-07, 07:56 AM
Leafcloud takes a large gulp of something that appears to actually be water before replying to Vyklana. "Dragons often think of size as power. If someone smaller than them defeats them, they'll pout and glower. He thinks like a bull, naught but brute force. Yet subtler winds can influence your courses."

You are able to deduce is that Roslyn a powerful human druid, powerful enough that she no longer ages.

Roslyn looks guilty for only a split second before repling to Weaver. "From my celebration stash. It'd be a rather poor Going Away party without something to whet the whistle, ya?"

Roslyn seems transparent in her bending the truth. She would be drinking regardless of the day.

Other than being briefly startled, Roslyn doesn't seem to be overly bothered by Roshar's claws but Dusky opens one eye to glare at Roshar in a half-hearted manner.

Kar'rotcha nods to Roshar. "Please, sit beside me. You'll tire yourself out at that pace."

Hazuki
2013-11-08, 01:15 AM
Weaver rocks her head back and forth slowly as she listens to the explanation from Roslyn as to the nature of the wine bottles, idly listening to the conversations of others before she looks back into her foster mother's eyes and smiles widely. "Momma, Weaver is hungry; can I have some num-num?" She asks, her voice as sweet as sugar as she makes a suckling motion with her lips and flits over as though to be cradled in the druid woman's arms.

Obviously, Roslyn never actually breastfed Weaver, so what better way to test if it's the real her*? :smalltongue:

*When you have a poor Sense Motive bonus.

Kyace
2013-11-08, 07:02 AM
"Weaver, if you wanted warm milk all this time, you just needed to ask. Here, let me turn Dusky into a she-wolf for you."

Dusky seems to roll his eyes at you both, standing up and shaking off the illusion of sleep.

Syekate
2013-11-08, 09:08 AM
Chirp shares something with the wolf; he is equally uninterested in the pixie's little games. "As our sapphire friend states, I believe we are gathered this evening for a purpose. Although, it is hardly as simple as 'to get out.' You three wise souls who called us here are clearly of great import, but I recognize only the Lady Roslyn's name. What can you tell us of the task ahead?"

Khaibit
2013-11-08, 10:15 AM
Vyklana nods at the dryad and darts over to a nearby tree. Landing on a low hanging branch, she listens as the others ask their questions and banter back with the three who sent out the call.

Hazuki
2013-11-08, 11:55 AM
"Nobody likes hair in their food." Weaver says with something of a sigh as she changes her path of flight to instead hover somewhere above the campfire. With others having asked the questions, albeit in much more butt-polishing ways, that she might have stated, the Pixie just waits for the questions to be answered.

bekeleven
2013-11-08, 02:25 PM
The dragon under Karr reaches a claw into his cloak and pulls out a loaf that smells lightly of processed mouse. Comparing the meal unfavourably with the size of one of the larger being's fingers, he asks, "...do you want a piece?"

THEChanger
2013-11-09, 02:20 AM
Root stood in the back of the clearing, at attention. He had had some trouble finding the meeting place, and was the last to arrive. His eyes were fixed on Leafcloud. He didn't know of any Dryad in the grove named Leafcloud. But, if she was in the company of people like Roslyn and Kar'rothca, then he could trust her.

Kyace
2013-11-10, 11:11 AM
Kar'rothca looks at Root with respectful acknowledgement and gives a low, "At ease, soldier." After a bit of a pause that stretches almost into uncomfortable, Kar'rotcha sighs and calls Roslyn's name.

Roslyn turns to look in the direction that Kar'rothca had spoken toward and nods. "Looks like everyone we're expecting is here. Greetings heroes." Roslyn looks at all of the heroes in turn before continuing. "Thank you for coming out and for volunteering in the first place."

"Together the three of us," Roslyn nods toward Kar'rothca and Leafcloud to punctuate her point, "we represent most of the people in the forest, and more or less all of the animals and plants too. Kar'rothca represents not just the dragons, but most of the other so-called magical beasts. Leafcloud is observing for the fey contingent. And I speak for the elves, the humans, the druids and the animals."

"Now that I've impressed upon you all of that bunk, we wish to ask you a very important favor." Roslyn and Kar'rotcha bow deeply. Leafcloud curtsies as if before a queen. "We ask that you squeeze through the only break in this impregnable dome and go for help. We will have give you two encoded messages, one for the elf community inside the city of Fifharbo, on the coast to the northeast. Give it to the stewart Dúvendaer. The other message will go to the gold dragon Rommi'leth. He can marshal allies together, and he also owes Kar'rothca a favor."

"Secondly, we would ask that you gather some information about the forces who are building the tower and who presumably created the dome, but that is a much lower priority. Don't take huge risks for the information, but if you happen to learn something of tactical use, bring it to the person you are bringing the message."

Kar'rothca extends out a small ruby with some glowing runes on it. "I would suggest that the dragons among you take this ruby to Rommi'leth. He's about six hundred miles to the west, on the planes on the far side of a stretch of the Pearlescent Desert. Look for the draconic runes from the air, they will lead you to him."

Roslyn draws a sealed scroll case, sized for a pigeon. "This message to Dúvendaer should get aid from him and his allies. If the others do not mind, I would ask you to take this to him. If you go north from here and hit the Turtle River, it will lead you directly to Fifharbo. It's two hundred miles. Any questions so far?"

Syekate
2013-11-10, 01:29 PM
Chiropington tilts his head and blinks a few times. "Where will Leafcloud be sending the fey while the dragons go west and we go north?" The question is matter of fact, as though it is obvious there should be a third separate party.

Kyace
2013-11-10, 01:55 PM
Roslyn looks askance at Chiropington. "The primary consideration is distance. Dragons are stronger fliers. Even flying, you or Weaver wouldn't be able to keep up with their pace, so Karr suggested sending them to the west for aid. The fey and animal volunteers will be going north together. Is that acceptable?" Roslyn asks pointedly.

Syekate
2013-11-10, 02:08 PM
Chiropington's brow wrinkles slightly. "Yes, of course. Makes perfect sense," he hears himself say as his mind races with past images of pranks and tricks played on him during his many hours of study. This is going to be a long journey.

I'm sure it won't be all that bad. This is a very important mission, after all.

You are very optimistic for a rock, Pom.

Khaibit
2013-11-11, 02:24 PM
Vyklana nods slightly. <Is there anything else we should know about Rommi'leth before we head out?> She telepathically asks Kar'rothca.

bekeleven
2013-11-11, 05:30 PM
"How far are we flying? If I'm carrying anybody, can they be warm-blooded?" The blue dragon pauses. "What are we facing?"

THEChanger
2013-11-11, 06:55 PM
"Quite." Root stepped forward, and bowed to each in turn. "Lord Kar'rothca, Ladies Roslyn and Leafcloud. I must echo the question the blue one asks. What has done this to our grove? Any information we can be provided with will be helpful."

bekeleven
2013-11-11, 07:02 PM
"Pep. My name," the dragon clarifies. "Apep. Everyone else did names already."

Kyace
2013-11-11, 10:24 PM
Kar'rothca gives Vyklana an amused look. "Rommi'leth is a formal one, but not unkind. Give him respect and you won't have any issues with him."

To Pep, Kar'rothca answers, "It was my suggestion that Vyklana, Roshar and yourself fly to the west. All three of you seem able to fly on your own. The distance will end up being about six hundred miles, give or take. About half of that is desert, with a bit of mountain on the near side and tending to savanna and plains on the far side."

"As to what you're facing, we don't know. The dome appears to be arcane magic of a type like a force cage, but possibly infused with shadow. It also blocks any teleportation, divination and communication. What we know is what little that we can see through the smokey dome. Something is building a tower on the outside of the same material. My personal guess would be on a shadowcrafted spell. As of yet, no one has reported any harmful effects from the dome, merely that it traps us here."

Khaibit
2013-11-13, 12:04 PM
<Understood.> Vyklana projects before broadening her telepathic message to include everyone. <Obviously speed is needed and we'll be traveling light, but are there any supplies or equipment that you can provide us with that might be of aid?>

Dapperatchik
2013-11-13, 02:31 PM
Roshar swoops down to Kar'rothca's side, but before long she is bored, and has perhaps deliberately forgotten why she was sitting in the first place. She springs up and begins darting around the older dragon.

"Rommi'leth? I'll respect him as long as he respects me!" Roshar grins, and if she wasn't so small the effect would be a lot more menacing and a lot less comical. "What do you guys expect from him? And why does he owe you a favour? Is he really old? And will there be anything interesting on the journey west? And why are you glaring at me?" She dodged a half-hearted swipe of one of Kar'rothca's huge claws, still talking.

Can't help to try and see any subtext, even if I'm not too wise.
Sense Motive: [roll0]

Kyace
2013-11-13, 10:46 PM
Roslyn answers Vyklana, "I might be able to barter for something specific if you need it, but I mostly represent the consensus rather than some sort of formal group."

Leafcloud offers, "Tit for Tat, this and that. Outside the dome, pour my flask into a stream. I'll give that one a token to guard their mind and dream."

Kar'rothca swipes at Roshar. "You'll have to earn his respect, little one." He ignores the rest of the long stream of questions from Roshar.

You don't detect any subtext.

Syekate
2013-11-16, 12:54 PM
"Hmm. Many things to be found, dreams to be realized. When do we depart?

Khaibit
2013-11-16, 05:09 PM
<Will your flask fit through the gap?> Vuklana thinks at the dryad before turning to Chiropington. <Hopefully not until after we get something to eat. I don't really want to start a journey on an empty stomach.>

Kyace
2013-11-17, 11:11 AM
Leafcloud holds up a flask which is about the size of Chirp's torso by way of answer.

Roslyn replies with, "How's tomorrow morning sound for departing? At first light, so you all can at least see what's on the far side of the dome, at least partially, before you squeeze through."

Khaibit
2013-11-18, 01:04 AM
Vyklana grins. Well, she grins as much as her little dragon mouth will let her. <Works for me so long as we can get breakfast first.>

bekeleven
2013-11-19, 10:30 AM
"Are you going to keep the fire going all night?" Pep's eyes flutter open. "Does it keep going by itself? I don't actually know how this works."

THEChanger
2013-11-20, 12:56 AM
Root bowed once more to the three elders. "Then with respect, I will retire, and await you all at the coming dawn."

Kyace
2013-11-20, 10:19 PM
"The easiest way is to add more wood," Roslyn replies to Pep.

The elders nod to Root.

Syekate
2013-11-20, 10:38 PM
"Yes, well, many preparations to be made. Travel by light easy to sight." The bat flutters off into the darkness, talking quietly to himself the whole way.

Nettles
2013-11-21, 10:29 AM
Samina speaks up, "Assuming we're going to meet here in the morning, there's no reason to leave this surprisingly comfortable stump." She slowly closes her eyes, adjusts slightly, and seems promptly asleep.

Kyace
2013-11-22, 06:13 PM
The next morning, as you return to the clearing (or stay the night), you are led to a small rabbit burrow near the edge of the dome. "Some of the wolves smelled air from the other side through here," Roslyn comments.

Through the dome, you can see some stone ruins. "Do we have any volunteers to be first through? The far side will be under an anti-magic zone."

bekeleven
2013-11-22, 07:23 PM
Pep raises a claw. "I'll go second."

Syekate
2013-11-22, 09:02 PM
Chiropington flies forward, a backpack strapped to his chest, doubtless containing several oddments for their travels. He seems agitated, weeks of frustration having built up to this one moment. He says a number of unintelligible thoughts, possibly relating to math, vectors, and the like, and then states rather simply, "Time to go." He swoops up from his perch, around in a vertical loop, and tucks his wings in just before hitting the rabbit hole, barrel-rolling into the gap with great eagerness to see what is on the other side.

Edit: Rolled spot/listen in the OOC. Using Inertial Armor as soon as we leave the anti-magic area, extending and augmenting for +5 armor over 10 hours.

Khaibit
2013-11-23, 04:17 PM
Deciding to make a liar of Pep, Vyklana ducks into the hole just a second after Chiropington, keeping an eye out for trouble as she tries to slip through.

Spot-[roll0]
Listen-[roll1]

Vyklana's blindsense is also [Ex], so it should still work, yeah?

bekeleven
2013-11-23, 05:04 PM
Pep follows shortly behind. Just before he exits the hole at the other end, he holds out his claws a summons a bow.

Spot: [roll0] (2xDistance in bright light, 4x in darkness, blindsight 30)
Listen: [roll1]

Summoned bow is a tiny elvencraft longbow, which will last for 5 rounds.

THEChanger
2013-11-23, 11:58 PM
Root cracked his neck, and charged after Pep, hoping to emerge from the anti-magic zone as quick as possible. He did not like being without the soul energy he commanded.

Spot: [roll0]

Dapperatchik
2013-11-24, 06:23 AM
Roshar hangs back nervously, suddenly filled with a rush of nerves. Leaving the forest... leaving her home? With these strange and scarily competent new allies?

After a few seconds, she realises that she should have been first through.

"Wait for me, guys!"

She swoops in an elegant dive, gathering in her wings as she plunges through the hole before gliding up high into the air on the other side.

(More in hope than expectation).

Kyace
2013-11-24, 11:27 AM
You notice ten ravens perched in the trees around the exit. You get about one round's worth of action to act.

Hazuki
2013-11-24, 12:57 PM
Watching the rest of the group of gathered creatures, both small and a little smaller, Weaver resolves herself with the fact that she's probably faster than a lot of the other creatures. If necessary, she can run away and not get eaten by whatever things lurk beyond, immune to most of the tools at her disposal. At least, until they leave the area of null feelings. She draws her dagger and clenches it between her teeth, ducking behind Roslyn's leg and turning invisible before she crawls into the hole, less enthusiastically than the others just for caution's sake.

As she slips past the hole, her invisibility is suppressed, but will provide her with an easy identifier for where the field ends. She immediately darts with her wings to the nearest cover, in an attempt to avoid whatever dangers might be lurking while she subtly moves between the cover she has, so her movement can't be placed precisely. She ignores the feeling of safety slipping away from her flesh, instead attempting to focus on the task at hand and getting out of the cold.

Hide: [roll2]
Move Silently: [roll3]

Nettles
2013-11-24, 02:32 PM
Samina sits comfortably while the others pass into the opening, then lazily trots after them, tail high in the air.

Kyace
2013-11-27, 03:39 PM
As Pep's summoned bow disappears, suppressed. The anti-magic effect seems to extend through almost half of the tunnel and stops at where the dome's effect is on the surface. At that point, there's a tiny crack in the bedrock. The bedrock around the crack seems to be infused with some of the magic of the shadowy dome.

((If you haven't yet, please roll a spot check))

Map (http://crossproduct.mygamesonline.org/rpg/viewGrid.php?campaign=SylvanSaviors). Please update your position on the map. The black square in the exit of the passage. To update your position, click the icon to the left of your character's name, at the bottom of the map page.

As you discover where the anti-magic effect's boundary is, I will mark it on the map.

Due to thanksgiving, you have until late Friday to roll spot and/or move. Otherwise, your character will remain beside the exit. Thanks.

Nettles
2013-11-27, 03:51 PM
She tries to get a peek through the opening as the others exit.

[roll0]

Kyace
2013-11-27, 04:01 PM
You spot a raven in a tree to the north east of the exit

You count 5 ravens to the north east tree, 3 to the north west and 2 to the south west.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dapperatchik
2013-11-27, 07:33 PM
Roshar soared high into the air, trying to get away from the antimagic field. Losing her soulmelds had left her in something of a panic. She looked down, remembering the others. They seemed very far away.

"Guys! What's going on? Do you see anything?"

Roshar is still by the rabbit hole, but she's around 100' in the air.

Syekate
2013-11-27, 08:35 PM
Chirp immediately identifies a number of ravens throughout the scenery. He immediately flies in the opposite direction, to the southeast, and up at the same time, trying all the while to initiate his powers in attempt to find the edge of the anti-magic zone. "There's a conspiracy," he calls in response to Roshar's query.

If outside the anti-magic zone, casting Inertial Armor boosted as described above.

Kyace
2013-11-28, 04:48 PM
Chirp flies out of the anti-magic effect and discovers one of the edges. Roshar leaves the anti-magic effect as well, at about 70 feet off of the ground.

The shadowy dome is about 100 feet to the south of the hole. You can see the concerned faces of Roslyn and company through the dome.

Map (http://crossproduct.mygamesonline.org/rpg/viewGrid.php?campaign=SylvanSaviors)

Represented as the light blue-green in the SE corner of the map. If anyone happens to be color blind, so far you have discovered that T18, S19, T19 and Q20 through T20 will allow magic (and psionics).

The green areas are presumed to be in the anti-magic effect.

The shadow dome is beyond the south edge of the map. Remember, that squares in the map equate to 2.5'

Khaibit
2013-11-28, 11:18 PM
As soon as Vyklana is free from the tunnel she darts like an arrow away from the tunnel, moving away from the dome and up into the air to gain a better vantage point.

In addition to moving the hell away from the exit point, Vyklana is now about 75 feet in the air.

If each square is only 2.5 feet we're really gonna need bigger maps. The number of squares that some of us can cover in a round is pretty large.

Kyace
2013-11-30, 08:58 PM
Almost as soon as Chirp calls out a warning, the ravens spring from the trees to attack.

Two ravens from the NE tree fly toward Thorn. As they reach a third of the way to him, they flicker from being Ravens to being tiny devils. They fly up to Thorn and attack him with their tail.

First imp is charging.
[roll0] (if hits, [roll1] damage and Fort save DC 14, or take poison. Poison: [roll2] dex damage.

Second imp is flying around Thorn to get into a flanking position with the charger.
[roll3] (if hits, [roll4] damage and Fort save DC 14, or take poison. Poison: [roll5] dex damage.

The third and fourth raven from the NE tree flies Weaver. They also turn into Imps about 1/3 of the way to her.

Third imp is charging.
[roll6] (if hits, [roll7] damage and Fort save DC 14, or take poison. Poison: [roll8] dex damage.

Fourth imp is flying around Weaver to get into a flanking position with the charger.
[roll9] (if hits, [roll10] damage and Fort save DC 14, or take poison. Poison: [roll11] dex damage.

The fifth and final raven from the north east tree flies toward Nitz.

Fifth imp is charging.
[roll12] (if hits, [roll13] damage and Fort save DC 14, or take poison. Poison: [roll14] dex damage.

Three ravens from the north west tree move toward Vyklana. The sixth and seventh imps spends the time to shapeshift back into imp form and flies 50 feet straight toward Vyklana. Due to starting up in the tree, they end up adjacent to Vyklana after their move.

The eighth flies under Vyklana in Raven form and turns invisible.

The ninth and tenth imps fly from the south west tree and charge Roshar and Samina.

Ninth imp is charging Roshar.
[roll15] (if hits, [roll16] damage and Fort save DC 14, or take poison. Poison: [roll17] dex damage.

Tenth imp is charging Samina.
[roll18] (if hits, [roll19] damage and Fort save DC 14, or take poison. Poison: [roll20] dex damage.

5 from NE tree (all five are inside anti-magic effect):
Imp 1: Imp form, L7, Charged at Thorn
Imp 2: Imp form, J9.
Imp 3: Imp form, R7.
Imp 4: Imp form, R9.
Imp 5: Imp form, M10.

3 from NW tree (all three are outside of anti-magic effect):
Imp 6: Imp form, B2, 75' above the ground
Imp 7: Imp Form, B1, 72.5' above the ground
Imp 8: Invisible, last seen as Raven, last seen at A1, 30' above the ground.

2 from SW tree (both are inside anti-magic effect):
Imp 9: Imp form, K13.
Imp 10: Imp form, L14.

((That was a combination surprise around and first round for the imps. Rather than rolling init, we will be alternating between foes and PC actions. Please post your first round actions. You don't need to roll init to determines which PC goes before which other PC, your actions happen in the order you post them (in most cases, depending on casting times and such). Weaver, Samina, Vyklana and Chirp were not flatfooted during the imp's actions. Everyone else is flatfooted until they act for the first time.))

((Only Chirp and Vyklana have moved outside of the anti-magic effect so far, and Vyklana moved out via vertical movement. You will have a day or so to post your actions, then I give the imps their 2nd round actions.))

Hazuki
2013-11-30, 09:04 PM
Weaver flies up and takes AoOs.

Fort save: [roll0]

Note: Irrelevant, actually, 'cause they don't pierce her DR and can't inflict their Injury poison as a result.

Nettles
2013-11-30, 09:16 PM
Samina dodges the imp swiftly and races over to Pep and Chirp.

Kyace
2013-11-30, 09:37 PM
Weaver shrugs off the stingers of the imps and as she gets about 20 feet off the ground, turns invisible again.

bekeleven
2013-11-30, 09:57 PM
Pep squeaks, flies directly away from the hole (up and to the SE) until his bow reappears, then turns around and starts firing.

Dapperatchik
2013-12-01, 10:35 AM
Roshar recoils from the imp's attack, cartwheeling away before charging back with a very, very toothy grin and attacking the imps in a whirl of claws and fangs.

Note: The attack turn treated me as being on the ground, when actually I should have been in the air, out of range and outside the AMF. However, it doesn't matter too much, so I'm just going to go with it. (So I'm still inside the AMF and I don't have soulmelds up).

A lot of this is going to bounce off the imps' DR.

Take 4 damage.
Fort Save: [roll0] Ouch. 2 dex damage for me.
Swift action: spend one use of Travel Devotion to move away from the imps.
Charge the imps, ending up on L13.
Full attack the imp on K13. If I drop the imp, redirect subsequent attacks to L14. (Power Attacking for 4). +2 bonus from Knowledge Devotion.

Bite:
To-hit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] +1 acid

Claws: 2 + 2 (Rake)
To-hit: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] + [roll5] Fire +1 acid

To-hit: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] + [roll8] Fire +1 acid

To-hit: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10] + [roll11] Fire +1 acid

To-hit: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13] + [roll14] Fire +1 acid

Wings: 4
To-hit: [roll15]
Damage: [roll16] +1 acid

To-hit: [roll17]
Damage: [roll18] +1 acid

To-hit: [roll19]
Damage: [roll20] +1 acid

To-hit: [roll21]
Damage: [roll22] +1 acid

Tail:
To-hit: [roll23]
Damage: [roll24] +1 acid

Khaibit
2013-12-01, 11:35 AM
Vyklana lashes out at the imp next to her, her tail a flash as she flits around her opponent, lashing out twice more in a blur that is almost too fast for the eye to follow. She then dives down to just above and ahead of the invisible imp.

All attacks are against Imp 6, unless it gets stunned or I manage to kill it first, then the remaining attacks are against Imp 7.

AoO is a Stunning Fist attempt.
Attack of Opportunity:
AoO Damage: [roll1]
If attack hits Imp 6 must make a DC 16 Fort Save of be stunned for 1 round.

Can't fail the tumble roll to avoid AoO's, but just in case there's an ability at play: [roll2] The other two attacks take place after Vyklana has tumbled up, over, and around the imps.

Flurry Attack 1: [roll3]
Flurry Damage 1: [rol]1d3+11 + [roll4]

Flurry Attack 2: [roll5]
Flurry Damage 2: [roll6] + [roll7]

*grumble* stupid imps being immune to poison *grumble*

After all attacks are made, Vylkana is flying down to 5 feet above and 5 feet forward of where Imp 8 is to better keep an eye on it with her blindsense.

Kyace
2013-12-01, 12:14 PM
Roshar and Vyklana each remove two imps from around them.

Imp 1: Imp form, L7, Charged at Thorn
Imp 3: Imp form, R7. Charged at Weaver
Imp 4: Imp form, R9.

Imp 6: Imp form, B2, 75' above the ground KO'ed
Imp 7: Imp Form, B1, 72.5' above the ground KO'ed

Imp 9: Imp form, K13. KO'ed
Imp 10: Imp form, L14. KO'ed

Syekate
2013-12-01, 12:27 PM
Chirp smiles with satisfaction as he leaves the antimagic field and for a brief moment his body shimmers in the sunlight. He turns around and takes in the situation. The birds are now tiny evil outsider, and half the party is being attacked.

"I don't suppose any of you could bring some of the little devils this way? It's very cozy outside the antimagic field; makes a much more comfortable battle scenario." Chirp begins probing with his mind, searching for mentally susceptible foes.

Inertial armor activated last turn. Readying Recall Agony for any imp that comes in range and leaves the AM field.

Hazuki
2013-12-02, 10:22 AM
This is a Hide roll if it's for the first spoiler, and an attack roll if it's for the second.

[roll0]
Attack: +10
Hide: +32Weavers darts through the air above the field where the Imps had laid an ambush for them, swiftly becoming shrouded in magic and hiding her from the eyes of any who might try to target her. Thinking hard on what she recalls of the creatures, although she can already see that their natural weapons don't possess the power to pierce her hide, something particularly relevant to the anti-magic field, and how it will affect the battle, comes to mind.

"Don't leave the field if you can't defend against charms! It's the only thing keeping them from turning you against us!" She yells to her companions, wishing that they'd have had a better opportunity to prepare tactics for an event such as this. They'd been silly, but the battle seems to be going well so far. Luckily, the augmentations of her spirit are also hidden by her invisibility.

Weavers dart over the air above the field, waiting for one of the creatures to fly out of the antimagic field while being shrouded in her invisibility. As soon as one enters her range, she unleashes a burst of acid at it from her invisibility, which dissipates after her attack.

Changing her Essentia, shifting one from Pauldrons and two from Mage's Spectacles to Dissolving Spittle.

Readied Action to Dissolving Spittle an Imp if it comes within 30ft of her.

It should be 4d6+1 Acid Damage, with an Attack Roll of +10 Vs an Imp's AC of 12 (Touch Attack means it loses its Natural Armor AC and Weaver's Invisibility means it loses its Dex).

Damage: [roll1]

bekeleven
2013-12-02, 02:31 PM
Pep squeaks, flies directly away from the hole (up and to the SE) until his bow reappears, then turns around and starts firing.

Assuming Pep gets out of the antimagic field within the first 200 feet of flight:

Firing at the nearest target not behind an ally.
[roll0] (-4 for target being in melee already applied. subtract 2 from roll if the nearest target is over 55 feet away).
Damage:
[roll1]

Kyace
2013-12-02, 09:17 PM
You recall that Imps can cast Suggestions
Not that it specifically matters this round, due to the nat 1, but out of curiosity, do you have arrows or are the arrows also summoned? You can easily get outside of the anti-magic effect about 30 feet off the ground.
The imps around Root attack him again.

[roll0] (if hits, [roll1] damage and Fort save DC 14, or take poison. Poison: [roll2] dex damage.
[roll3] (if hits, [roll4] damage and Fort save DC 14, or take poison. Poison: [roll5] dex damage.
The imps that were around Weaver turn to the south and move toward Chirp and Samina. The first one that leaves the anti-magic effect takes a Recall Agony from Chirp. Both of them turn into boars, right in front of Chirp and Samina.
[roll6] Will save. Damage if fail: [roll7]. Half if pass.
The imp beside of Nitz attacks him.
[roll8] (if hits, [roll9] damage and Fort save DC 14, or take poison. Poison: [roll10] dex damage.
The invisible imp moves back into the tree it started from.
Imp 1: Imp form, L7.
Imp 3: Imp form, Top left corner in Q18. Medium sized, boar form
Imp 4: Imp form, Top left corner in S18. Medium sized, boar form.

Nettles
2013-12-02, 09:32 PM
Samina's fur stands on end and she dashes for the closest tree outside the anti-magic zone.

[roll0]

Syekate
2013-12-02, 10:06 PM
Chiropington latches onto one of the boar-imps with his mind and delves into its deepest memories. "Ah, perhaps the pits of hell are not always so inviting, little devils." Chirp's eyes blaze red as he forces to the imp's mind thoughts of pain, the grasping hands of a thousand tortured souls having their way, its body torn asunder. He smiles as it shrieks in agony, unable to bear the weight of its actions.

Best finish it while it is weak.

"Noted." With a might shriek, a blaze of ice comes shooting from the bat to lance into the painful boar in an attempt to finish it.

Using Energy Ray augmented by 4 points.

Ranged touch attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Dapperatchik
2013-12-03, 08:37 AM
Roshar darts forward, coming to Root's aid with a whoop of excitement.

Twisted Charge skill trick: charge to I10 and attack the imp on J9 with flanking. Power Attack for 4, etc, etc.

Bite:
To-hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] +1 acid

Claws: 2 + 2 (Rake)
To-hit: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] + [roll4] Fire +1 acid

To-hit: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] + [roll7] Fire +1 acid

To-hit: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9] + [roll10] Fire +1 acid

To-hit: [roll11]
Damage: [roll12] + [roll13] Fire +1 acid

Wings: 4
To-hit: [roll14]
Damage: [roll15] +1 acid

To-hit: [roll16]
Damage: [roll17] +1 acid

To-hit: [roll18]
Damage: [roll19] +1 acid

To-hit: [roll20]
Damage: [roll21] +1 acid

Tail:
To-hit: [roll22]
Damage: [roll23] +1 acid

Khaibit
2013-12-03, 10:25 PM
Vyklana's tail flicks out again as the raven imp moves away from her, knowing that it's kind of a crapshoot to strike something she can't see, the little dragon then follows her prey back to its tree to take another couple of shots at it.

Unless the AoO by some miracle takes out imp 8, in which case Vyklana will direct her other attacks at the imp at L7, then if that one also drops she'll go after the imp at M10.

AoO against invisible Imp: [roll0]
AoO Damage: [roll1]
Miss Chance: [roll2] (I'm assuming 51+ hits, or do you like us to roll low?)

FoB Attack 1: [roll3] -1 if attacking an imp in the anti-magic effect.
FoB Damage 1: [roll4] -1 if attacking an imp in the anti-magic effect. +[roll5] if attacking an imp in the anti-magic effect.
Miss Chance 1: (if needed): [roll6]

FoB Attack 2: [roll7] -1 if attacking an imp in the anti-magic effect.
FoB Damage 2: [roll8] -1 if attacking an imp in the anti-magic effect. +[roll9] if attacking an imp in the anti-magic effect.
Miss Chance 2: (if needed): [roll10]

I'm pretty sure Vyklana's reach will keep her out of range of AoOs, but just in case, tumble: [roll11]

If Vyklana is attacking the invisible imp and it's still up and kicking she will end her move 5 ft. above it and 2.5 ft to the north of it. If she used her FoB attacks on it and it died then she'll fly over to L8 and be 5 ft. above the ground.

If Vyklana is attacking the imps in the anti-magic effect she will end her move at L8 5 ft. above the ground.

Kyace
2013-12-03, 10:58 PM
Your last blow strikes the imp, but the imp feels tougher and larger than you expected.

((Technically, Blindsense (rather than Blindsight) means that the imp would still have total concealment. You cannot take AoOs against something with total concealment. But it's a moot point since you rolled low (and said in your roll that high was hit) ))

I don't really have a strong opinion for "roll high" vs "roll low", just pick one before you roll and stick with it :)

Kyace
2013-12-09, 02:50 PM
The two boar imps look around and shrug. They both turn invisible.
You can tell that they are moving toward the tree that Samina is in

A web comes out of nowhere and attempts to entangle Vyklana. In the tree just to the north west of the hole, a spider suddenly appears.
Ranged touch attack [roll0]. (Already includes the +2 from being from an invisible attacker). If it hits, you are entangled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#entangled).

The last two imps in imp form, attack again.

Attacking Root: [roll1]. If hits, damage [roll2]. Fort save or take poison.

Attacking Nitz: [roll3]. If hits, damage [roll4]. Fort save or take poison.

Imp 1: Imp form, L7.
Imp 3: Top left corner in Q18. Medium sized, boar form
Imp 4: Top left corner in S18. Medium sized, boar form. Badly injured.

Imp 8: Medium Monstrous Spider form, 30' above the ground. Top left corner is in C3. Moderately injured.

New round.

bekeleven
2013-12-09, 03:18 PM
Pep summons and fires a large, twisted sword from his bow at the nearest target.

Servant Soul longbows are summoned with a quiver of 40 arrows.

Rolling to hit with Noble Phantasm Caldbolg:
[roll0] (Touch attack. -4 for target in melee applied.)

Damage:
[roll1]

Thanks to the Faster Phantasm feat, this is a standard action.

This attack consumes the longbow in a flash of light, and he calls another. (+1 Composite Longbow of Archer Atalanta.)

Khaibit
2013-12-14, 12:02 PM
Vyklana continues to flit about the battlefield, her tail lashing out at the imps as she speeds past them and wings her way toward the next fray.

Flurry attacks take place when Vyklana is in square N8 at ground level (unless the imps are higher up, but I think they're down lower too). The first attack is directed at the imp in square L7. The second attack is directed at that imp, or if that imp is knocked out by the first one it will be directed at the imp in square M10.

Flurry Attack 1: [roll0]
Flurry Damage 1: [roll1]+[roll2]

Flurry Attack 2: [roll3]
Flurry Damage 2: [roll4]+[roll5]

Tumble Roll: [roll]1d20+24[roll]
If both Imp 1 and Imp 5 are still conscious then Vyklana will end her move back at square L8, 5 feet above the ground. If Imp 1 is unconscious but Imp 5 is still conscious then Vyklana will end her move at square N12, also 5 feet above the ground. If both Imps 1 and 5 are unconscious, then Vyklana will end her move in square E4, maintaining cover from the spidery imp if possible.

Kyace
2013-12-17, 09:08 AM
Peps arrows managed to hold together enough to strike before disappearing as summoning items. The imp shrugs off part of the damage.

Vyklana does not land a hit on an imp.