PDA

View Full Version : Question about Healing (PF)

Exirtadorri
2013-11-06, 12:38 PM
Hey guys,
I am playing a tiefling cleric to zon-kuthon. I took the torture and loss domains and i'm lawful evil. I"m going for the bee's knee's of evil. But my big question is healing a good spell that I can't cast cause i'm evil?

Psyren
2013-11-06, 12:46 PM
You can heal just fine, you just have to actually prepare the spells instead of spontaneously converting them, and you can't channel energy to heal living creatures.

Yuki Akuma
2013-11-06, 12:46 PM
Healing spells do not carry the Good tag. Casting a healing spell is a neutral act.

Exirtadorri
2013-11-06, 12:48 PM
Healing spells do not carry the Good tag. Casting a healing spell is a neutral act.

It says that healing is a good act though. so I"m worried about getting hit on it. but thank you :) I just am going to use it to just keep people alive and even them i'm going to charge them a blood tax to heal them.

Psyren
2013-11-06, 12:54 PM
It says that healing is a good act though.

Where do you see that? There are usually caveats on things like that, because healing a monster or evil character so that they can further oppress the forces of good would not be a good act.

Ravens_cry
2013-11-06, 12:59 PM
Besides, healing spells are wonderful for torture.
"Oh look, I have brought you to the point of death, having experienced agonizing pain and suffering such as that you now desire, wish, and beg for the sweet release of oblivion, and . . . now you are better.
Ready to keep playing?"

JHShadon
2013-11-06, 01:48 PM
And allies/minions are more useful when they're not dead.

Exirtadorri
2013-11-06, 01:50 PM
Yea I know I plan on healing those I "interrogate". The thing is that I think i'm going to be the only evil one in the group. Hence my concern. Healing those that keep me alive is evil cause then they are helping me further my evil plans and they absorb the brunt of my attacks.

Ravens_cry
2013-11-06, 01:55 PM
Yea I know I plan on healing those I "interrogate". The thing is that I think i'm going to be the only evil one in the group. Hence my concern. Healing those that keep me alive is evil cause then they are helping me further my evil plans and they absorb the brunt of my attacks.
Remember though, even evil people have loved ones (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/rTKEivnsYuZrh94H1Sn.html).

Exirtadorri
2013-11-06, 03:46 PM
Yea, I know, but with the traits and flaws I took I dont have loved ones. I took jaded and history of heresy traits with the bully trait and power hungry flaw. so between my domains and everything else, this guy should be pretty salty and unsavory.

Exirtadorri
2013-11-06, 04:00 PM
Also, is there an amulet of non-detection or a similiar item for under 2500 gp?

Psyren
2013-11-06, 04:06 PM
Also, is there an amulet of non-detection or a similiar item for under 2500 gp?

If it's alignment you're worried about, Undetectable Alignment lasts 24 hours, even in potion form. You could buy them in bulk at 50gp a pop.

Spore
2013-11-07, 06:15 AM
Yea, I know, but with the traits and flaws I took I dont have loved ones. I took jaded and history of heresy traits with the bully trait and power hungry flaw. so between my domains and everything else, this guy should be pretty salty and unsavory.

You really want to see the bones sticking out of your companion 24/7 bleeding and infesting with diseases?

A good character would apply Heal skills first (to dull the pain, to enhance the natural healing), but not you. You can't be bothered by such disgusting creatures, so you heal them via magic. Tip them on the shoulder to fix the broken leg. You'd never touch that filthy thing but you also know that you need that bumbling idiot for your mission.

Ninjaxenomorph
2013-11-07, 12:06 PM
There is also Infernal healing, technically the best 1st level healing spell. It's an evil spell, and it gives the target fast healing 1 for 1 minute, not healing damage caused by good or silver weapons.

Ravens_cry
2013-11-07, 01:47 PM
There is also Infernal healing, technically the best 1st level healing spell. It's an evil spell, and it gives the target fast healing 1 for 1 minute, not healing damage caused by good or silver weapons.
I wouldn't call it the best, just the cheapest if you compare HP return for cost, not including time. Yes, if you have indefinite time, a CL1 Want of Infernal Healing will outperform a CL1 Wand of Cure Light Wounds. However, in the time you heal 10HP from Infernal Healing, you'll heal an average of 55 HP from the Cure light wounds wand if used every round. (Average of 1d8 is 4.5+1 for CL)
It's 10 times as expensive, but time can be an issue, even outside of combat.

Ninjaxenomorph
2013-11-07, 02:08 PM
For torture, its a very nice spell.

Slipperychicken
2013-11-07, 02:38 PM

So he's like Dr. House, only with extra sadism?

Exirtadorri
2013-11-07, 04:15 PM
Yea pretty much, but as far as pain and stuff goes, you should read up on zon-kuthon. He is about torture and pain. If they had a bone sticking out i'd break that piece off and just heal them that way, so what if it is agonizing.