PDA

View Full Version : what does the Elocater have going for it?

CyberThread
2013-11-06, 12:52 PM
what does the Elocater have going for it?

Psyren
2013-11-06, 01:01 PM
I covered most of its good points in my Psychic Rogue handbook. To summarize:

- Discounted Teleport and Plane Shift. For most psionicists these would cost you a feat each anyway, and better still are actually usable by slower-progression manifesters like Psywars and Lurks, so these actually refund you the feats you spend on entry.

- 10ft. step. Needless to say this is extremely useful for many builds. Combine with Flanker and you can generally flank and full-attack many different enemy targets per combat.

- Scorn Earth lets you ignore difficult/noisy terrain. The first level also does not lose ML (3.5 version anyway) and gives you great skills and skill points.

I personally recommend dropping out of the class at 7 - I don't think Accelerated Action and Dimension Spring Attack are worth losing that 3rd ML.

Vortenger
2013-11-06, 05:43 PM
A 1 level dip lets you ignore difficult terrain forever, and of course the coolness factor for being like, "Walk on the ground? Like, where the dirt is? Pfffttt."

Its an okay class with some really good fluff. A 1 level dip is pretty good. All else already said by Psyren.