PDA

View Full Version : The Gift Contest Results Thread

Roland St. Jude
2007-01-08, 01:57 AM
First, let me just commend everyone on the excellent entries and the great voter turn-out!

And now, The Gift Contest Winners...

Best Overall
The Experiment (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30203) by bearofbadnews (4)
With Old Odd Ends 3
A Child is Born 3
Omer Ikahn Etch-Pressed Gift Card (Rookie Entry!) 2
Who Let the Dogs Out (Rookie Entry!) 1
Fundo's Fantabulous Footwear (Rookie Entry!) 1
A Scary Christmas and a Happy Terror! 1

Best Articulation of the Theme
The Experiment (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30203) by bearofbadnews (5)
The Giver of Gifts 3
The Gift of Friendship 2
Zov, god of chaos(Rookie Entry!) 1
For a Promising Youth 1
A Scary Christmas and a Happy Terror! 1
Abstain 1

Funniest Entry
A Scary Christmas and a Happy Terror! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29780) by lost_my_NHL (7)
Glow-in-the-Dark Pants 2
Small box with a card 2
Gifts of the Magi (Rookie Entry!) 1
Sock Monster (Rookie Entry!) 1
For a Promising Youth 1

Rookie Award
Sock Monster (Rookie Entry!) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29959) by Dire Penguin (5)
Gifts of the Magi (Rookie Entry!) 3
Who Let the Dogs Out (Rookie Entry!) 3
Omer Ikahn Etch-Pressed Gift Card (Rookie Entry!) 2
Determine Gift (Rookie Entry!) 1

Roland's Choice (Staff) Award
Chosen of One-With-Sky (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29569) by Elvaris

Congratulations to all!

Peregrine
2007-01-08, 02:05 AM
Ooh, second in Articulation... oh well... congratulations to all winners. :smallsmile: (Heh, I didn't see any votes for me at first glance, I guess I was in too much of a hurry.)

Mike_Lemmer
2007-01-08, 02:35 AM
NHL's repetition definitely catapulted him to the front of the Humorous Vote, although I thought he might've made a few too many entries. Three's a magic number, after all.

Duke of URL
2007-01-08, 07:27 AM
Congrats to the winners!

And also, I really enjoyed reading everyone's entries -- there were a bunch of great ideas, and many of them quite humorous as well as well-designed.

*goes off to sulk and plot his revenge for next month's contest*

danielf
2007-01-08, 08:14 AM
Congrats all :D

Bearofbadnews
2007-01-08, 08:48 AM
Wow!
I really liked the other entries, and I am honored that people liked mine.
Thank you!

mikeejimbo
2007-01-08, 09:42 AM
I got second in Rookie Entry, that pleases me. =)

Congratulations to everyone!

Peregrine
2007-01-08, 10:36 AM
*goes off to sulk and plot his revenge for next month's contest*

Aww, hard luck, Duke. C'mon, I'll buy you a drink and we can commiserate. Y'know, I would've thought you'd be in there for the Funniest award... 'faint Evil'... :smallbiggrin:

Duke of URL
2007-01-08, 11:05 AM
Aww, hard luck, Duke. C'mon, I'll buy you a drink and we can commiserate. Y'know, I would've thought you'd be in there for the Funniest award... 'faint Evil'... :smallbiggrin:

Bah... the competition was just too good. I had a great time reading all of the entires, and was impressed by the wide variety of creative ideas.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-01-08, 01:44 PM
Bah! Humbug! My worst showing ever...

Oh well, congrats all!

Dire Penguin
2007-01-08, 03:30 PM
I just noticed I got best rookie award...YAY!

lost_my_NHL
2007-01-08, 04:52 PM
Thanks to all that voted

In third grade we had an activity in class where we told a story that had to hide a certain ~7 letter word we were given. The story was cut off after thirty seconds, and the class had thirty guesses to guess which word was the one included. Not only did I hide mine so well that I won, I went twice more, and all were the saga of Johnny Whonny Appleseed. It was funny, an articulation on a theme, and a winning assignment. In retrospect, I think that that may have been an inspiration for this.

EDIT: I agree Mike, I think I did have to sacrifice quality in order to fit the theme of eight nights+christmas. won't happen again

Fax Celestis
2007-01-08, 05:47 PM
When's the next contest?

Also: Congrats everyone!

Elvaris
2007-01-08, 10:01 PM
Congratulations to the rest of the winners, and thanks to Roland for the nod. Also, thanks to Roland for keeping these contests coming on a regular basis. I can't wait for the next one.

Roland St. Jude
2007-01-09, 11:17 PM
When's the next contest?

Also: Congrats everyone!

Congratulations to the rest of the winners, and thanks to Roland for the nod. Also, thanks to Roland for keeping these contests coming on a regular basis. I can't wait for the next one.

You're welcome - on both accounts. Speaking of which, someone else is going to be bringing you January's contest. I can't say when exactly. So please be patient! :smallsmile:

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-01-10, 12:14 AM
Whaaa? You can't abandon us now, we've had over 6 months of regularity! You are the prunes in our constipated contest diet :smallfrown:

Were-Sandwich
2007-01-10, 11:22 AM
I suppose mine was pretty crap.

El Zoof
2007-01-11, 12:14 AM
Congrats to the winners! The winner shall be lavished with praise, and the loser shall be showered with... I dunno, fish, I guess. Why not.

The cans may hurt.

Roland St. Jude
2007-01-11, 02:38 PM
Whaaa? You can't abandon us now, we've had over 6 months of regularity! You are the prunes in our constipated contest diet :smallfrown:

Flattery will get you nowhere. (But I'd prefer it to that rather unsavory metaphor. :smallwink: )

Fax Celestis
2007-01-11, 02:54 PM
Mmm....prunes.